Time spent 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

(.... Listen up...)

Postby >> Leafstorm515 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:51 am

-Totally unrelated to what follows, these lines are really neat?? like hey
I love your style so much, lemme steal it. <333 thank you!-

I want to talk to you about etiquette
Recently, I've seen a large rise in the number of people who seem to be taking artists for granted.
Especially here on the colored in fourm, and in my own work. If you order art, designs, or a breeding
from someone, take the time to read their rules fully and understand what they have to say. Most
people just have rules to make sure that both parties have respect for each other. But that's not what I
want to talk about, I want to talk about what happens after you receive the designs or art that you've
ordered.
Please, say thank you.
It's been like a meat market for characters lately, I've seen people just saying which ones they like or
want to keep without thank the artist period. This is really disrespectful and disheartening. As an artist
and a designer, I put a lot of effort into each design, and I know that everyone else does too. We go
through the effort of completing your order, sometimes paid and sometimes even for free, and then
you don't have the common courtesy to say a heartfelt thank you? it really puts me off wanting to do
things for free or paid, because it feels like it doesn't matter. I love to know what little things people
love about each design, or even just which one is their favorite. It makes me so happy to hear the simple
thank you because it shows that what I do is valuable and appreciated.
In all, just consider the golden rule, do to others what you would have them do to you. <3

This is not directed at anyone, I just think that it's worth bringing up. <3

x
x

Leaf/Leafstorm ~ she/her
Character Designer

>> Leafstorm515

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: (.... Listen up...)

Postby Shadowthegreatwolf » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:55 am

I agree so much! I'm really surprised everytime I hear someone being mean to someone who made them art, just because of a small mistake. They took the effort to make something for you, at least be nice about it.
[tori-she/her-adult]
Image Image Image
Shadowthegreatwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby weegeestar5 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:02 am

yessss leaf. i agree so much
its just general courtesy, and can go a long way for people not confident in their skills! i get anxious a lot, so when/if people don't say thank you or even acknowledge it [i can understand forgetting ofc] it makes me super anxious that ive done something wrong [or, in some cases, that they hate me even tho this is the only interaction ive ever had w/ them]

also leaf, thank you for making such pretty designs! i love absolutely every design ive gotten from you, even if i don't use them a lot [my oc count is now 430+ please send help]

ImageImageImageImage
art by me, avatar by scolipede. //
check out my comic!
-x-x-x-
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇ ᴍᴇ

-x-x-x-

and i want a moment to be real
wanna touch things i don't feel
want to hold on and feel i belong
and how can the world want me to change?
they're the ones that stay the same
they don't know me
cause i'm not here

-x-x-x-

ʙᴜᴛ ɪ'ᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ʜᴇʀᴇ
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
weegeestar5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby >> Leafstorm515 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:14 am

Shadowthegreatwolf wrote:I agree so much! I'm really surprised everytime I hear someone being mean to someone who made them art, just because of a small mistake. They took the effort to make something for you, at least be nice about it.

That's is a good point as well! Thank you. <3

weegeestar5 wrote:yessss leaf. i agree so much
its just general courtesy, and can go a long way for people not confident in their skills! i get anxious a lot, so when/if people don't say thank you or even acknowledge it [i can understand forgetting ofc] it makes me super anxious that ive done something wrong [or, in some cases, that they hate me even tho this is the only interaction ive ever had w/ them]

also leaf, thank you for making such pretty designs! i love absolutely every design ive gotten from you, even if i don't use them a lot [my oc count is now 430+ please send help]

Amen to that. I take everything really personally and I always feel like without that affirmation of at least general appreciation that I somehow did something wrong or am a bad person (even though I know logically it isn't related)
Omg thank you you are so kind to me. ;o; I always appreciate your comments and thoughts on all my stuff, it makes me feel so much better. Honestly your one of my favorite artist so it's a double bonus!!! <3 (plus a great friend as well)
[Uhmm I'm still in like the 1000s if I count all of them rip we need to join a support group lol]

x
x

Leaf/Leafstorm ~ she/her
Character Designer

>> Leafstorm515

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bellini » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:17 am

Thank you so much for coloring it means a lot wow, I love your designs and they can make anything look amazing ;v; even these ugly lines haha >v<

I totally agree though, some people just take designs because the designer is popular or something.. but it's really nice to see people actually buying characters to at the very least give them a name..
Usually when I make designs they get overlooked but everyone and then they're noticed. I love seeing your designs when you post them though, so keep up the amazing work!
bellini

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby weegeestar5 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:20 am

>> Leafstorm515 wrote:
weegeestar5 wrote:yessss leaf. i agree so much

Amen to that. I take everything really personally and I always feel like without that affirmation of at least general appreciation that I somehow did something wrong or am a bad person (even though I know logically it isn't related)
Omg thank you you are so kind to me. ;o; I always appreciate your comments and thoughts on all my stuff, it makes me feel so much better. Honestly your one of my favorite artist so it's a double bonus!!! <3 (plus a great friend as well)
[Uhmm I'm still in like the 1000s if I count all of them rip we need to join a support group lol]

yes! its a really bad feeling [I mean tbh sometimes I forget to respond to pms, but yknow I try my best r i p]
you're totally welcome leaf! you deserve all the nice comments bc your designs are so nice and youre super nice too!! [youre one of my favourite designers! :'D omg I'm blushing I'm someones favourite artist]
just give them to me and i'll do art in return i kid i kid ofc pff
true tho honestly... the caaa has only increased my number of ocs [luckily my rl best friend is just there like "dude... you bought anOTHER OC" pff]

ImageImageImageImage
art by me, avatar by scolipede. //
check out my comic!
-x-x-x-
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇ ᴍᴇ

-x-x-x-

and i want a moment to be real
wanna touch things i don't feel
want to hold on and feel i belong
and how can the world want me to change?
they're the ones that stay the same
they don't know me
cause i'm not here

-x-x-x-

ʙᴜᴛ ɪ'ᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ʜᴇʀᴇ
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

weegeestar5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadowthegreatwolf » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:21 am

Would you be kind enough to take a look at my most recent Oekaki and give me some constructive criticism? I would really appreciate it, as literally no one even viewed it besides me lol.
[tori-she/her-adult]
Image Image Image
Shadowthegreatwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WolfwithWings38 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:22 am

I totally agree, people should say thank you EVEN IF THEY MADE FIFTY MISTAKES SAY THANKS TO THEM PEOPLES!!!!! (Though forgetting is fine) and by the way your designs are gorgeous TEACH ME YOUR SKILLS!
Hey, this is me! WolfwithWings38! You may call me: WolfwithWings38, Wolf, WolfwithWings, and WolfyWingy Though I really don't know why you would XD ....... and in a nutshell I'm weird when I really want to be! I also don't mind trading... and also PM me if you want to talk or something, I won't bite!
My avatar is colored by me and is my new wolf OC, but lines are made by Vixey!
My Viscets Page Link!: viewtopic.php?f=103&t=3335559&p=105943506#p105943506
Image Image
WolfwithWings38

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby >> Leafstorm515 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:18 am

bellini79 wrote:Thank you so much for coloring it means a lot wow, I love your designs and they can make anything look amazing ;v; even these ugly lines haha >v<

I totally agree though, some people just take designs because the designer is popular or something.. but it's really nice to see people actually buying characters to at the very least give them a name..
Usually when I make designs they get overlooked but everyone and then they're noticed. I love seeing your designs when you post them though, so keep up the amazing work!

Ahhhhh bby these lines are def not ugly. <3 your style is so unique and cute, I love it honestly. <3 I've seen what you make and
you're going places, trust me. <3 Never give up and you'll get where you want to be. ;u;

weegeestar5 wrote:yes! its a really bad feeling [I mean tbh sometimes I forget to respond to pms, but yknow I try my best r i p]
you're totally welcome leaf! you deserve all the nice comments bc your designs are so nice and youre super nice too!! [youre one of my favourite designers! :'D omg I'm blushing I'm someones favourite artist]
just give them to me and i'll do art in return i kid i kid ofc pff
true tho honestly... the caaa has only increased my number of ocs [luckily my rl best friend is just there like "dude... you bought anOTHER OC" pff]

I totally relate lol my life revolves around forgetting things that I need to dooooo
And thank you so much!!! just having people say stuff like that makes me feel a ton better. I try to be nice
because I feel like people have an easy enough time seeing the bad stuff that maybe if one person can be
nice it helps?? I dunno, I just really like making people happy. X3
Don't TeMpT me omg
And yeahhhh I'm a hoarder and that's just the way it is. I have too many but I just keep getting more, but ah well,
it keeps me happy and sane. ^.^

WolfwithWings38 wrote:I totally agree, people should say thank you EVEN IF THEY MADE FIFTY MISTAKES SAY THANKS TO THEM PEOPLES!!!!! (Though forgetting is fine) and by the way your designs are gorgeous TEACH ME YOUR SKILLS!

Thanks! <3 I really appreciate that. <3

x
x

Leaf/Leafstorm ~ she/her
Character Designer

>> Leafstorm515

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WolfwithWings38 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:06 am

@ >> Leafstorm515
No problem you deserve it!
Hey, this is me! WolfwithWings38! You may call me: WolfwithWings38, Wolf, WolfwithWings, and WolfyWingy Though I really don't know why you would XD ....... and in a nutshell I'm weird when I really want to be! I also don't mind trading... and also PM me if you want to talk or something, I won't bite!
My avatar is colored by me and is my new wolf OC, but lines are made by Vixey!
My Viscets Page Link!: viewtopic.php?f=103&t=3335559&p=105943506#p105943506
Image Image
WolfwithWings38

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me