Little Coral ; 3; by Tano-kun

Based on Click to view
Artist Tano-kun [gallery]
Time spent 36 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Little Coral ; 3;

Postby Tano-kun » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:06 am

I really do need to show this girl some more love. She's such a cutie!
A big thanks to Pure for coloring her in on these lines! <3

Tano-kun wrote:
Personality & History

Coral is, for all argument’s sake, the ultimate friend. She listens and offers advice or comfort when needed, and speaks little if at all of herself. She has an incredible intuition that aids her in determining the mood her friends are in, and what it is they need to hear to be lifted from their depressed moods. Though some might see it simply as a sixth sense, it truth Coral is a dedicated observer. She watches and listens to those around her with a powerful curiosity, and commits to memory the habits and movements of them, and is then capable of analyzing any changes in their normal behavior to access what ails them. To further her impeccable friendship abilities, Coral very rarely opens up to others and shares things about herself. So, in essence, she does all of the give, and never requires any take. She requires nothing in return for her friendship aside from the smiles of her friends, as nothing brings more happiness to her than their happiness. Her love for her friends is wholehearted, and may sometimes cause her to be trampled upon.

Despite her love for her friends, she occasionally lets their words get the better of her, and will let her temper boil over. Such occasions result from another’s offhanded, and frequently unintentionally offensive comment directed at Coral. She has very little self-confidence, and so when anyone, even a friend, makes a remark that pokes fun at her, she is deeply hurt and lets her pain turn into anger. In order to quell her temper tantrums, Coral is frequently known to apologize for no known reason. If a friend is complaining about having forgotten their lunch at home, Coral instinctively apologizes, as if it were her fault. She fears that her outburst will drive her friends away, and so when she is her normal calm self she does her best to proactively fix any problems she may cause. This is not entirely effective, as she has lost a few friends while angry, but most beans know full well that she is a kind soul, who is simply hurt easily.

Aside from her love for her friends and her temper, Coral is a relatively optimistic individual who speaks only when she has something she deems important to say. She does not partake in idle chitchat frequently, though she is happy to spend time with friends so long as she is not the one who provides subject matter. In her time spent alone, the brightly colored dragon enjoys watching a wide range of anime and reading fantasy novels. These two pastimes allow her to travel to new places where there is more to the world that what is obviously apparent, and lets her expand her imagination to outside the realm of the possible.

When not with her friends or with her nose at the TV or in a good book, Coral spends time with her sister, Chai, and her brother, Fern, partaking in their favorite hobbies. Through her sister, Chai, Coral has found a talent for arts and crafts, specifically designing jewelry and hats. The majority of the things Coral makes with her sister are given to her friends, but occasionally she will sell her work. It was also through her sister that Coral first discovered her tendency to get the hiccups when startled. As a child, the girls bickered, and Coral was frequently the target of her sister’s well planned pranks. Despite their conflicts in the past, Coral and Chai get along very well, and are the best of friends. Together with their brother, the trio has created a very warm home that enables Coral and her siblings to be free of fear of judgment. Together they can be themselves, without fear of rejection, because they all know that their family will always stand by one another.

Friends & Family

--Siblings--
Chai, owned by PolarAzulTigris
Fern, owned by HiveFleetBazha

--Friends--
None yet!

Credits

JBD species (c) Hiccup
Design (c) Apple
Coral (c) Tano

And a special thanks to change; and Drealof for helping me develop Coral's personality.
Not active here or DA anymore. If you need to contact me, holler at me on Discord (tanokia).
Tano-kun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me