Re: develop - myo event '21 - open

Postby Ucanthandleme » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:01 pm

Username + ID#: Ucanthandleme + 809102
Kalon Link: System + Haemal
Chosen Prompt: "What flower would they use to describe themselves as?"
Prompt Response:
System would descibe themself as a white rose, Haemal would describe themself as a black delight.

Token Worth:
Fullbody (4) - Colour (3) - Extra Character (5) - Total= 9 tokens

Previous Responses:
Haemal
"How do they feel about their family?" (19)
"What’s your character's ideal date like?" (19)
"If they were stuck on an island, what three things would they bring?" (14)
"What was it like for them growing up?" (19)
"What was their childhood bedroom like?" (19)
"What was their favourite childhood toy?" (14)

System
"Do they have any pets?" (19)
"Your character’s favourite snack" (19)
"What makes them feel loved?" (14)

Other
Pile design (2)
Pile design (2)
Pile design (2)
"If they had to wear one colour for the rest of their life, what would it be?" (9)
"If they were an ice cream flavour, what flavour would they be?" (11)

::191 total tokens::
85 tokens ;; first myo achieved
85 tokens ;; second myo achieved

☆-------☆
Credit: Toyhouse
☆----------------☆
Storages:
My Kalons
For trade kalons
My kels
Profile avatar by m0thmonster
Sig art by stan. + Niluna + Morisakisan
Characters are owned by me.
Image ImageImageImageImageImage
☆-------------☆
Ucanthandleme

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby redhorizon » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:16 am

Username + ID#: booshweasel 777089
Kalon Link: xxx
Chosen Prompt: Where do they go to relax?
Prompt Response: The arena is loud, just as I had been hoping for. Skates scrape against the ice, hockey sticks clack together and the loud thud of the puck missing its target is occasionally heard too. Guys yelling back and forth is the loudest of it all, but I love it. I love coming here before rehearsal, while the hockey team still has the ice. Sometimes I bring a book, sometimes I just watch, but something about it makes it the most relaxing place in the world. Hero lays besides me, paws crossed and staring up at me dutifully. I bend down to scratch his ears as one of the teams scores and every man on the ice starts yelling. Maybe I'm not the type you'd assume to enjoy this sort of atmosphere, but it's one of my favorites times of the day. The cold arena air with the even colder breeze coming from god knows where, the screaming of big men wanting to win, the random thuds and squeals and scrapes... everything about it helps center me, especially before rehearsal when I need to be most centered. I check the clock as the guys start filing off the ice and realize that their rehearsal is over, and mine can start as soon as the ice is cleared! I start lacing up my skates and grin to myself. I take back everything I just said. Skating, being on the ice... that's my favorite place in the world. Nothing relaxes and centers me like skating.
Token Worth: 252 words, 2 tokens
Previous Responses: n/a (first one)

Chosen Prompt: Are they afraid of death?
Prompt Response: Death has never scared me, not in the sense you would think anyways. I'm not afraid of pain, I've lived a life full of pain. I'm not afraid of permanence, for I believe in fate. When my time comes, there is no avoiding it. There is no fear of it. Fate will lead me to that point, and that is simply when you smile. You smile and you remember all the good times leading up to that moment, you remember the laughter and the joy and the heartache and the sorrow, and you smile because it was good even when it wasn't. You smile because you know you lived every moment of life to the fullest, and that's all you really can do. Don't waste your life fearing death. Embrace it. Live your life knowing that death is around the corner and could be any day now, so don't hesitate. Don't wait to live, don't reach the end and wish that you'd done more. Death is simply the end of the book, and a good author knows when to end it versus when that story isn't quite over, and a great author is the one who leaves you smiling when you finally close the book.
I understand those that fear death, I know that not everybody is able to let go of their illusion of control over their life, but when you do... it really opens up the world to a whole new freedom that I wish everybody could experience. Don't be afraid of the future, live in the now and when you get to the future, you'll have no regrets.
Token Worth: 271 words, 2 tokens
Previous Responses: above

Chosen Prompt: How do they handle a bad day?
Prompt Response: I blink slowly, squinting at the light. I'm laying on the floor, and I can feel Hero laying on top of me. Great. I fainted again. I slowly sit upright, the cold arena air giving me goosebumps. Hero remains on my legs, something I spent a very long time training him to do. As the world stops spinning and I start to feel more grounded, I give Hero a big hug. "What a good boy!! You're such a good boy Hero, you're the best." I start praising him, giving him lots of pets. He stands up and starts licking my face and I laugh before slowly standing up. "Alright boy, that's enough. Let's go home, I've had enough of this place." I pick up the skates that I'd thankfully already taken off before fainting and carefully, slowly make my way towards the exit. Hero whines, and I reassure him that it's okay. He hates when I stand up too soon, but I have to do it or I'd spend all day just sitting around waiting to feel better which would never happen.
The bus ride home goes smoothly, but by the time I get home I'm in an awful mood. I've fainted three times today, and it's still only mid afternoon. I'm getting so sick of this happening, and I just need a break. My joints are extra sore today from all the sitting and laying on the ground, and I am just over it. Today has been a bad day.
"Hero, bad day!" I call, and I hear his little feet scrabbling on the tile as he comes running into the room. He knows what bad day means, and Hero loves bad days. We have a bad day routine, and it's Hero's favorite kind of day because of that.
Together, we go outside and start walking in a direction we both know all too well. The walk is short, only about 5 minutes, so the perfect distance for my bad joints. As we walk, slowly Starbucks comes into view. Hero's tail wags as we walk through the door, and I quickly place our orders. I got my usual iced frappe, and of course the pup cup for Hero. We barely make it out the door before Hero can't wait any longer. We stop to sit at a picnic table as he digs in. His tail smacks into my leg over and over as he finishes his drink and looks up at me. I laugh at his messy face as he licks his lips clean, and then we're walking again. Our bad day routine isn't over yet!
Another 5 minutes or so past the Starbucks leads to the dog park, where Hero can play with his friends and not worry about me! Nothing makes me feel better like my sweet boy getting to have fun. As we enter the dog park, Hero waits patiently until we get to our usual spot. I take off his vest and let him loose, and the moment he's freed he takes off running. A couple of his doggy friends are here, and they all start running together. A smile splits across my face as I watch this, and I feel much better than I did even just 30 minutes ago. That dog is my whole world.
Token Worth: 552 words, 5 tokens
Previous Responses: above

Boosh unless we're friends ♡ He/him ♡ Trans/Bi ♡ ASD ♡ Partner (12/15/2019)

Artist/Designer
Linecook
Flutist

Harry Styles & Horizon #1 Fanboy

My partner, dog, rats and comfort games ARE my life

PFP by me, sig by Onlyhalfpigeon
redhorizon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chickpea » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:33 am

Username + ID#: Chickpea 921177
Kalon Link: off-oekaki form
Chosen Prompt: "Do they prefer the sun, or a cloudy day?"
Prompt Response:
Cloudy! is much nicer to hang out when the sun isn't blazingly hot
(She is old enough to smoke, these are legal cigarettes)

Token Worth: [please give us the word count or art breakdown]
Art Total (21)

4 - Fullbody
2 - pixel art
2 - shading
3 - color
5 - animation (Tail)
5 - background

Previous Responses: [please link to each previous response]
X X
Chickpea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sinful_Lies » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:26 am

Username + ID#: Sinfil_Lies #773401
Kalon Link: Theory
Chosen Prompt: Where do they go to relax?
Prompt Response: Theory always goes to a hill that him and Elton (the other Kal pictured in the scene) used to always go to together. The hill over looks a forest that the two used to live in.
Token Worth: 24
Fullbody - 4
Shading - 2
Color - 3
Animation - 5
Background - 5
Multiple Character - 5
Previous Responses:
Last edited by Sinful_Lies on Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xx│ She/Her │ xx
Semi Active
PFP made by faded_dreams11 and Sig art by aortic

FRKalons
Sinful_Lies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fisht3a » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:24 pm

Username + ID#: FallenPegasus #655686
Kalon Link: off oekaki
Chosen Prompt: what makes them feel the most alive?
Prompt Response: the wind in their fur~
Token Worth: fullbody (4) + animation (5) + pixel (2) + background (5) = 16 tokens
if the background doesnt count fully for a background (hard to make something detailed this small! 60x100) that's okay <3 (11 tokens)
Previous Responses: [1] [2]
hi there! you can call me fish, tea, etc.~
(FallenPegasus former username from 2014-Oct. 2021)
she/her
toyhouse
art fight
all art in sig by me
fisht3a

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brackensnake » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:25 pm

Username + ID#: Bracckensnake + 781035
Kalon Link: Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4598595
Chosen Prompt: Are they an early bird or night owl?
Prompt Response:
Dirt is an early bird
Token Worth: 7 tokens (4 fullbody + 2 pixel bonus + 3 colour)
Previous Responses:
Brackensnake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scourgebane » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:40 pm

Username + ID#: Canem Morningstar #1008448
Kalon Link: Ibuki!
Chosen Prompt: Worldbuilding | Are there any famous ruins or landmarks? What are they?
Prompt Response:
Redrock Mountains wrote:While traveling Ibuki has seen a lot of different lands each, of course with their unique beauty, from forests with golden as far as the eye can see to give the illusion of a land in forever autumn to a brightly colored but highly dangerous and toxic lake, seemingly to lure travelers to their death, the waters were placid and calm but Ibuki swears he saw something below, flashing silver so fast he barely saw it, he doesn't have four eyes for nothing (except to have to have sensory overloads and headaches, maybe you need glasses? Anyways, you disgress), and he questions and dreads what kind of creature can live there. And while his runaway life has many disadvantages this at least, remains a silver lining.

But nothing that enchanted him more than the Redrock Mountains. This is a slightly misleading name, given that they're hardly mountains, as they're not big enough, heh. But humans are hardly inventive in their name conventions, as Ibuki has come to know. The place resembles more of a valley or a field with sparse but thick jungle like spaces throught.

But its characteristic red-orange sand and rocks make for a quite compelling view, at least to him. And despite its seemingly desolate state is absolutely thriving with life. If Ibuki could settle in one place, he wouldn't mind this place one bit, even if he stands out with his dark fur. There's no one for miles, just how he likes it. (You're so lonely, you're starting to believe the lies you tell to yourself, much to your chagrin.)

In what can be called the center of the valley, there is a deep crater that leads to the Feral Ruins, were humans say that's where the Animal Gods resided and rested before they were brought down. Some, even say that there was were the world was first created as the Gods rised from their elements, weaving them with expertise. Ibuki doesn't take stock in what humans say, but it might have some truth, as Ibuki explored the deep halls with its inscribed walls, there was this feeling as he gazed the enormous scope of the rooms, where the same gods walked once... He felt extremely small and stalked. As if the larger than life gods were still roaming their abode, enraged that there was an intruder in their sacred place, watching him with their predatory gaze, maybe they weren't entirely gone, who knows? What is actually needed to kill a god? HOW do you kill a god, really. Did they really die, what if they're really watching Ibuki, while waiting for reincarnation, furious about an lowly mortal walking their sacred halls? Ibuki while very curious as it wont to do, he ran extremely fast out of there, he definitely wasn't built for high emotions or anxiety, but joke's on him, they are the only things he has going on his life currently.

But yeah, One of Ibuki's favorite place despite the extremely haunted ruins, besides the sea of course. Definitely worth the travel to sightsee, just be wary of angry gods.

Token Worth: [516 words] 5 tokens

Previous Responses:
Ibuki: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Eiji: 1
Imagexx
x
Scourgebane / [He/Him] / Tired

Howdy, y'all! My name's Theo! But you can also can call me Scourge.
Mostly interested in Closed Species and art.

English isn't my native language so I may make mistakes.
I apologize in advance if something I say sounds weird or rude, it isn't my intention.

Please, don't contact me for anything else.

| ʚɞ
Scourgebane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LostInTheEcho » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:54 pm

Username + ID#: LostInTheEcho + 680104
Kalon Link: Here
Chosen Prompt: Does magic exist? Describe it and it’s limits
Prompt Response:

LostInTheEcho wrote:In this world there is a lot of magic. Magic is inherent in all living things, though not all can access it.

The magic is divided up in different aspects such as the elemental magic - fire, water, air and earth - nature magic, light magic, psychics and more.

———

When a kalon is born with the ability to use magic they can most often only use a certain part of it, seldom two and extremely rarely they also possess magical potential. This could for example be telekinesis, shapeshifting or having an affinity for water. When it is a born trait it is usually noticed when they are young and they grow up in time with their ability and control of it growing with them. In other words, it comes to them naturally, and they will learn the skills they'll be able to possess without much hardship.

Magic can also be studied to be learned. However if you're not born with the potential to use magic (magical potential) you'll never be able to learn to uswield magic without the use of magical objects. Magical objects which can be very expensive to obtain, at least if they are for anything useful.

If you have the potential to learn it is best to start young since it is a craft that takes years and even decades of study to master. Magic schools or academies are therefore very prestigeous as well as there not being many. The classes in these schools are often very small with only those with the highest potential being accepted for most of them. While for those with lower potential, they’d need to pay to be enrolled since, even with training, they’ll likely not amount to much.

The upside however to having magical potential is that you can learn all aspects of magic, if you put your mind to it, unlike those with a born ability. Though it would take far more than one lifetime to learn all of it, it is theoretically possible.

Apart from born abilities and magical potential, some are magically attuned, which makes them more in tune with the magic of the world, without being able to use it themselves. In short, it makes them more affected by the magical currents of the world. For those who are more strongly attuned, this can manifest as prophetic dreams, ability to feel leylines, timetravel and dimension skipping (amongst other things). None of those are anything that the kal in question is able to control themselves, though the first two Are of most use. The first, by trusting in dreams they have to help them make decisions and the second to help find magically strong places in the world (for profit of course).

Though more common ways for it to affect the kalon is in small ways. For example having more luck in random choices, you get a gut feeling for what is right or just an inkling that it sounds correct. Another is being more energy while in a more magical place. Always having a feelng for which direction is north, no matter how much you’re turned around. Or other abilities on the same scale as these and most of the time, those who are attuned doesn’t notice but it is a known phenomenon due to studies and the fact that those with potential who’ve learned to, are able to tell if someone is attuned or not.

————

Using magic is a drain on ones energy and if you aren’t careful you can end up hurting yourself if overexerting yourself. Common symptoms when you’ve used magic over your own capacity (though not by so much so that it could be a danger) is one or more of the following; fatigue, headaches, shakiness, shortness of breath, high pulse and a general feeling of strain. Though not everyone feels the same. When you’ve strained yourself so hard that you might injure yourself, potentially long term, the symptoms are; mild to severe dizzyness, nausea, a severe stabbing headache, chest pains, fainting and a loss of feeling in the extremities. It is however very rare for someone to strain themselves to that point, close to all cases has been when the user or others have been in extreme immediate danger and action was needed to save them.

There isn’t truly any bounds (except one) to what can be achieved through magic for those with magical potential. (Those with born abilities are limited to what they’ve been gifted of course.) There is however the limit of what you’re physically and mentally able to accomplish.

The only true boundary would be that, when traveling back in time you cannot stay in the same timeline. As in when traveling back you go to an alternative dimension so that the future where you came from won’t be in this future. This is due to the fact that the past can’t be changed, since if you changed the past the future where you came from won’t exist so you wouldn’t have gone back in the first place since there’s now nothing to change.* But in a way, if traveling backward in time to change the past (now future) it only makes sense that it would have to be a ”new” reality for changes to be made. So in a way it can be argued that it isn’t a limitation at all.

Even if there aren’t any limitations to magic itself, there are laws and bans put in place to regulate magic that are of a destructive nature or that is intended to harm others. For example, there are bans on blood rituals. Regulations are also put in place on magic that can be useful in some situations but that can easily be used in a harmful way, such as storm creation and large explosive magic.

———

Close to where K’atini lives, there is a small ”school” with only a handfull of students or less at a time. When still a small kit, K’atini could think of nothing more exiting than going up on the hill a little ways in the forest, spying down on the fields on the other side to try to get a glimpse of one of the magic students. Most of the time they were left disappointed but once in a while they’d see them practicing. It was very far away so K’atini couldn’t really tell what they were doing but the excitement to see something strange, fantastical and mostly unexplained was there all the same.

K’atini lacks the use of magic but they are magically attuned. Which for them gives them dreams that are actually true events, as in, somewhere in some dimension at some time, they are actually there interacting with a real world that they believe to be a dream. They do not however know about it at this time.

*[[So no time travel as in Harry Potter]]

Sorry for it being a little disjointed, I can’t really make it better without adding a ton of more stuff.

Token Worth: 10 tokens // 1137 words
Previous Responses: What is their nerdy hobby?
xxx Image
xxx Image
xxx Image
Pixel gif (bottom) made by Celozon

Lights OFF

LostInTheEcho

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LostInTheEcho » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:39 am

Username + ID#: LostInTheEcho + 680104
Kalon Link: Here
Chosen Prompt: What was their childhood bedroom like?
Prompt Response:

Why are they on the floor? They just cleaned their room! (Which is also why it’s so clean.)

It’s important to me that you know that this is before the sticker thing starts, so there are no stickers anywhere yet. The stars and stuff on the roof over their bed are painted on.

Yes, the carpet was not drawn, it’s a photo of my carpet because I couldn’t bring myself to draw something that complex and who doesn’t want a carpet like that? K’atini just needed to have one, imo.

Token Worth: 12 Tokens
Fullbody [4]
Colour [3]
Background [5]

Previous Responses:
What is their nerdy hobby?
Does magic exist? Describe it and it’s limits
xxx Image
xxx Image
xxx Image
Pixel gif (bottom) made by Celozon

Lights OFF

LostInTheEcho

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby persimmon » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:15 am

Username + ID#: persimmon + 394121
Kalon Link: Waylan
Chosen Prompt: "Are they a leader, a follower, or a loner?"
Prompt Response:
Most if not all of Waylan's tasks require him to be a leader, and he would definitely not consider himself as anything other than a leader

Token Worth: 9 tokens
fullbody (4) + multiple characters (5) = 9
Previous Responses:
color they would wear for the rest of their life
most trusted friends
pets
describing himself
favorite snack
is the pen mightier than the sword
flower they would describe themself with
ImageImageImageImage

Hello ! Feel free to call me persimmo, persimmon, or whatever you'd like ^^ I'm pretty shy, but feel free to pm me if you ever want to chat or ask me about something c:

THmy kalonsart IG

ImageImageImageImage
❀avatar and signature art are by me❀
persimmon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me