Re: develop - myo event '21 - open

Postby PleaserOfCrowds » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:53 pm

Username + ID#: PleaserOfCrowds 756851
Kalon Link: Dioxide
Chosen Prompt: Stairs, escalator, or elevator?
Prompt Response:

“Of course, the escalator is the best of both worlds” Dioxide says.

In their mind, it’s a marvel of technology. Stairs? Requires work. Escalators? Just a box that moves up and down. But the escalator, it combines them both. No cramped spaces and no walking. Perfect.

While Dioxide would refuse to admit it, they’ve spent hours just messing around with escalators (as well as moving walkways aka. “Flat elevators” to Dioxide) by doing “experiments” (really just reckless stunts). Some times have ended not so well, but other times Dioxide finds something new. Like the other day, the way to make slinkies go forever with escalators (aka the perfect use for them).

Token Worth: 110 words - 1 Token
Previous Responses:
x
x
x
x
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
────────────────────────────────────────────
♠They/It/Aer♥
────────────────────────────────────────────
Sig Pixels by Carpe. avatar by Skabeebo, chattamind, Jitsuemon, rabbitpulp, Belefur, shinzlll, and me
TH,FR,Artfight,Kals
PleaserOfCrowds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby craig? » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:29 pm

Username + ID#: Spottedpuppi 629149
Kalon Link: Forum/viewtopic.php?p=135367546#p135367546
Chosen Prompt: "How do they feel about their family? "
Prompt Response:
They're... distant.
Token Worth: 12
+4 fullbody
+3 color
+5 multiple character bonus
Previous Responses:
x
ImageImageImageImageImage
please click and feed!!
craig?

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .lucifer » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:44 pm

Username + ID#: .lucifer (438648)
Kalon Link: Cherish
Chosen Prompt: Preferences | "Would they rather explore the seas, or the skys and stars?"
Prompt Response: you fell so hard from a darkened sky [ Sky & Stars ]
Token Worth:
    Fullbody: 4
    Colored: +3
    Shaded: +2
    -----------------
    Total: 9
Previous Responses:
    [ 1 ] - What flower would they use to describe themself as?
.lucifer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snowdrake » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:14 am

note;; I edited this post to add a second form and development prompt to avoid double posting!

Username + ID#: .*✦ kirin | 418283
    Kalon Link: here

Chosen Prompt: What was their childhood bedroom like?

Prompt Response:

Verdana grew up in the poorer part of Aegras, the big capital city of her homeland, Icanth, and the very place the royals reside in their pompous castle that she now lives in as well. looking back, it really is in stark contrast to her past and she only got to where she is today because of pure lucky coincidence.

She still remembers the old, damaged wood chair and desk she would scribble on every day, trying to somehow teach herself to read so she can help her family out better and perhaps even take on a small job in the bookstore nearby. Every single penny counted if they wanted to have another meal the next day, so her chair and desk were the places she would spend the most of her time at in her room. they definitely weren't comfortable, but she figured it was better than nothing and although the chair groaned in protest and threatened to break down every time she would sit on it, it fulfilled its duty to the very end.

The other noticable thing inside her room was her worn out bed. Many generations slept on it before and even though her mother got her a newer mattress that was donated by one of her friends, it was very hard and uncomfortable, just like the rest of her plain wooden room. At least the blanket her mother made for her - made of patchwork in pink and purple shades and little yellow stars - was soft and comfortable. It was one of her favorite things inside her room, especially given the amount of effort that was put into it! she remembers that it took her mother months to assemble the necessary cloths and rags to finish it up, but it was well worth it in the end.

The thought of her personal blanket made a small smile appear on her face and she turned to look at it, now neatly placed on the huge bed behind her. It is actually way too small for her now, but there is no way on earth that she would ever throw it away. It reminds her of the old times and her mother, and although life back then wasn't easy she wouldn't have it any other way.

Looking back ahead at the mirror in front of her, she continued brushing her hair. Perhaps it was time to visit her mom again, bring her a little gift or two. She must be lonely back home. But then again, the children around the area surely keep her on her toes.

Sighing, she sets down her brush, finally done taking care of that feisty mane of her's. She has had long hair for as long as she can remember and she always cherished it. It's like her treasure! Luckily the soft horsehair brush and the many hair products she now owns do a way better job at keeping it in check than the gnarly metal comb she used to have. Not only did it rip out half her hair (she's lucky to have a lot of it or else she would've probably gone bald, or at least so she thinks by the amount of hair that got stuck in that thing), it also damaged it pretty badly. Strands of her hair would stick out in all possible places, even after combing. She absolutely hated it, which is why she banished it to the very corner of her room on her old desk, hidden in the shadows of the small book stack she used to have.

It is also the very reason why she had hair clips flying around all over the place. She was always a tidy person, but for some odd reason she enjoyed the color those little clips gave her otherwise bland brown room, so she just let them be. Obviously, stepping on one was pretty painful but at some point she got so used to them being everywhere that she automatically learned to dodge them. Her mom always looked at her in that very confused way, questioning her daughters action multiple times, but when she didn't get a proper answer after the tenth time of asking she just left it at that and went about her day. It's pretty funny now that Verdana thinks of it, which leads to the last things that were inside of her room: drawings!

She has always loved drawing, even if she never considered herself any good at it. It has always been a good way for her to let off steam or simply have fun and kill some time if there wasn't anything better to do. and just as it so happens, one of the very first drawings she actually put on her walls is a drawing of her mom giving her that confused look about the hair clips. she made it when she was about four years old, which is when she started her habit of spreading clips in her room. she put the picture right next to her round window, above her desk so she could have a laugh every time she studied. many others would then follow that drawing. they were always about random things that crossed her mind: she and her friends playing outside, the pretty flowers she saw one day, the sunny weather or even the baby spider that sat in the corner of her room once. she saw it and she had to draw it!

A knock snapped her out of her thoughts. Verdana answered, "come in". a pretty, young maid entered her room, formally greeting her, "I'm sorry to interrupt your thoughts, miss verdana, but it is getting pretty late. we need you down in the kitchen. please hurry." verdana huffed, "I apologize, I will get dressed and be right there.", the maid nodded and left her room.

after she got dressed, she walked to the door, looking back one last time at her huge rose colored bedroom, making sure she didn't forget anything. the bed is made, her silk padded birch chairs are dusted and her desk is neatly organized. good, she has a long day ahead of her so it's a relief to come back to a tidy place to relax.

"see you later, mom." she spoke to the picture of her mom on the opposite wall that she brought with her, and finally left for work.

Token Worth:

1063 words
    -----------------
    10 tokens

Previous Responses: one

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Username + ID#: .*✦ kirin | 418283
    Kalon Link: here

Chosen Prompt: How do they handle a bad day?

Prompt Response:

Token Worth:
    bust - 3
    shading - 2
    color - 3
    -----------------
    8 tokens (total this post: 18)

Previous Responses: one
things just got a lot more relaxed for me, I'll be able to be online more often! responses still won't be instant most times, sorry </3
snowdrake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zoosea » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:24 pm

Username + ID#: Zoosea + #686114
Kalon Link: x
Chosen Prompt: “Where do they go to relax?”
Prompt Response:
Token Worth: Fullbody (4) + Shading Bonus (2) + Color Bonus (3) + Background Bonus (5) = 14 Tokens
Previous Responses: N/A (First response)
Last edited by zoosea on Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
June aka Zoosea

✧About✧
Shy⭒Timid⭒Awkward
I'm very friendly! ^^
I love animals and drawing.

✧Commissions✧ Closed
My C$ Art ShopClosed
✧Requests✧

My KalonsTH
zoosea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnightkitkat » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:35 pm

Username + ID#: Midnightkitkat #853555
Kalon Link: Friend & Wilbur 'Ghost'
Chosen Prompt: How did they meet their bestie/friend/love?
Prompt Response: Image
Token Worth: 4 (Fullbody) + 2 (Shading) + 3 (Color) + 5 (BG) + 5 (Extra Character) = 19 tokens
Previous Responses: n/a
Midnightkitkat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby olivionary » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:46 am

Username + ID#: olivionary + 106651
    Kalon Link: Here
    Chosen Prompt: What does their current bedroom look like?
    Prompt Response: Vivere currently has a reasonably sized room that is made to look small by the sheer amount of stuff inside of it. Her furniture barely fits with only small walkways between them to get around - though she often just climbs across her bed to get to the opposite side. The floor is carpeted with a cream colour, which often shifts colour with the addition of her moulting hairs getting rubbed into the material - she spends an awful lot of time brushing her carpets and hoovering to keep them nice and clean. She has a few rugs on the floor, including some boho-esque rainbow like rugs, a lime fluffy rug and a monstera leaf rug. The walls are painted a blue-grey with a lighter shade on the top half of the wall and a darker shade on the bottom half of the wall.
    On one wall, there is the door, painted white and framed with the same dark blue as the bottom half of the wall. The door has been covered in a number of stickers that she has collected over the years, most of the stickers have been covered by coats that hang from the hooks on the back of the door. Besides the door is a stack of small boxes which once held PC parts, but are now just homes to manuals and guarantees. Besides that is her desk, filled to the brim with objects that she loves. Her PC sits beneath the desk, next to folded up blankets, with her hayfever medication and jewellery boxes sitting on top of the PC tower. On her desk she has her monitor and related equipment; a bluetooth speaker; Hokusai’s manga books, a collection of Funko pops from her favourite TV shows; a couple of cute can that she is propagating plants in; a cute Fox tealight holder and a couple of tile samples that she uses as coasters. Above her desk is a TV that isn’t plugged in and is exclusively used for plushie holding and fairly light decor, along this wall there’s also some collector cards that she stuck on the wall and some sketches that she has done herself. Besides her desk is her wardrobe, on the side that is against the desk is a scientific poster of some fish with their latin names listed and propped against it is a picture frame with stickers and polaroids stored inside of it. She has a Spider plant living on top of her wardrobe as well as a collection of plushies, piggy banks, bags and two antlers [that are not actually a pair].
    The next wall has the only window and a radiator. The window takes up most of the wall and the window sill is home to the majority of her plants; a large amount of currently unused pots [including some hand painted ones]; a statue gifted to her by her mother after she visited Egypt; a Pig that painted at a ‘paint your own pottery’ place and a Guinea Pig skull that her father found in the garden one year. These all sit on top of a tie dyed piece of fabric that she intended to replace with tiles, but is yet to get around to actually doing. Below the window is a number of things that don’t fit anywhere else in Vivere’s room. She has a Spock Build a Bear plush; a Totoro cushion; a hand made cushion from her mum with her previous pet rat’s initials; her bin; a drying rack attached to her radiator which she uses to keep her League of Legends plushies off of the floor; a collection of books including ones of speculative biology, cryptozoology, plants, video games and animated films; a box that she stores some clothes and a box that she keeps things she doesn’t use in that she keeps fiction books, her switch, her ipad and some old paintings stacked on top of or propped against the wall. A collection of plushies including Bulbasaur, a rainbow poodle and rats also are dotted around amongst the things on this side of the room.
    On the next wall is her bed and bedside tables. The first bed side table is home to her collection of Beastar’s books, which a Haru plushie sits on top of; a chunk of Himalayan rock salt that was once a light, but the bulb hasn’t been replaced in a while; she has a framed series of paw prints from her dog; a framed set of Macaw feathers sit next to a Chinese Water Deer Skull; yet another plants sits in a pot painted with a landscape; a piece of agatized coral fossil and a abalone shell that she uses to store her jewellery and ear plugs also squeezes onto the table. A phone holder is stuck to the side of this bedside table. Her bed is against the wall and fills the centre of the room. The other bedside table is mostly filled by vintage books, but also is home to plant propagation cans, mugs that hold her pens and paint brushes and a Funko scene figure.
    Also on this wall is a huge number of art pieces that she has bought and been gifted. Some of the art pieces are of mythological creatures, some are simply creatures that have been created by the artists and others are simply beautiful pieces of work inspired by nature. There’s postcards that she was sent by her parents whilst they’ve been studying abroad. There's a league of legends art piece that came with one of her orders from Riot. Only one piece has been framed which shows a marmoset skeleton on a blossoming branch.
    The final wall has a chunk taken out by the airing cupboard, however is blocked off by her bedside table so is no longer accessible. There’s more plushies and cushions that sit on the floor in front of the table and cupboard. In front of them is a fluffy dog bed with a small chameleon plush that the dog isn’t actually interested in, but the cat is rather fond of. Vivere has a short storage cupboard where she keeps her animal related equipment and bedding. On top of this cupboard is a terrarium that is home to her Hamster. She stores her scarves on the handles of the cupboard. Besides the cupboard is a mirror and a hand painted mouse that she bought a few years ago.
    Token Worth: 1073 Words = 10 Tokens
    Previous Responses: First Response
edon & shania pixels by syntheticfox - vern by loafhound - vern and laith pixels by rayxray

ImageImage
━━━━━━━━━━━━
olivia. she/her. feb 14.

"You're as subtle
as a wrecking ball."

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ImageImage
olivionary

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby olivionary » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:04 am

Chosen Prompt: Do they prefer the sun, or a cloudy day?
    Prompt Response: Cloudy day
    Token Worth: Bust [3], Shading [2], Colour [3], Background [5] = 13

Chosen Prompt: Are they an early bird or night owl?
    Prompt Response: Weirdly Vivere is a little bit of both. She likes to be up early to bake and listen to podcasts, but she would rather stay up late to work on writing, art and other projects that she has to work on. This would typically mean gaining little to no sleep over the course of the night, but Vivere fortunately gets high quality sleep and thrives off of having one three hour nap in the middle of the day and instead opting to sleep for five to six hours most nights - occasionally she will treat herself to a lay in and will sleep a typical amount of the day. She's a bit of an early bird and a bit of a night owl.
    Token Worth: 122 Words = 1

Previous Responses: What does their current bedroom look like?

Included two prompts to prevent clogging up the thread by myself
edon & shania pixels by syntheticfox - vern by loafhound - vern and laith pixels by rayxray

ImageImage
━━━━━━━━━━━━
olivia. she/her. feb 14.

"You're as subtle
as a wrecking ball."

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ImageImage
olivionary

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainRon » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:03 am

Username + ID#: CaptainRon + 753811
Kalon Link: [Jinyu]

Chosen Prompt: World Building | What was their childhood bedroom like?
Prompt Response:
Jinyu grew up in a very humble *cough* poor *cough* family. They lived in a tiny one room shack… well, two rooms if you count the toilet as a second room, but no one really does. So his “bedroom” consisted of the kitchen, his father’s workspace, and a large wooden bed that he shared with his mother, father, and two sisters. He didn’t really have many toys, and neither did his sisters, so the room was generally kept pretty tidy. The bed was the nicest thing in the room, but it was rarely made. His younger sister was often ill, and spent the entirety of the day in bed.
Token Worth: 1 (109 words)
Previous Responses: First Response

Chosen Prompt: World Buiding | What does their current bedroom look like? Is it messy or clean?
Prompt Response:
His current bedroom differs from his childhood bedroom in every way possible. It is a large room dedicated entirely to him. His bed is even bigger than the bed that was shared by his entire family, but instead of being wooden, it is made from the heaviest metal around. It is a very sturdy bed and comes with the finest mattress available, as opposed to the cheap lumpy mattress of his childhood. It is a four-poster canopy bed, with a sheer red canopy. Upon the bed is a fine quilt, handmade by artisans in the artists district of the big city. It is gold and black, but has accents of red as well. All Jinyu’s favorite colors. He has matching pillowcases, also hand-made by artisans. The dark colors may be a bit off-putting to some people, but to Jinyu they are comforting. Despite the grandeur of the bed, it is far from the nicest or most expensive thing in the room. No, his room is absolutely filled with trinkets and gizmos- collectables and valuables from all around the world (and even from other worlds!). Things he’s acquired during his travels, and of course, random things he’s bought off the internet… His bedroom is a bit cluttered with all his fantastic things, but it is dedicated solely to the purpose of sleep. He has separate rooms for entertaining (he has a mostly unused room for entertaining guests, and a VERY used room for entertaining himself, full of video games and all the latest electronics), cooking, and doing other life things. His entire house is quite large, and he likes it that way.
Token Worth: 2 (271 words)
Previous Responses: See above (Posted two on one to avoid double posting <3)
CaptainRon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby olivionary » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:49 am

Chosen Prompt: How did they meet their bestie?
    Prompt Response: Vivere has her partner and best friend that basically do everything together as a trio. She wouldn’t know what to do with herself if it wasn’t for her two companions that mean so, so much to her. This is how she met her best friend:
    Harlow was at a fun fair struggling to use the grab machines to get the adorable plushie that she so desperately wanted. Vivere had been sitting with her partner, Eceon, enjoying slushies when she noticed that the dark Kalon had been struggling for what seemed like at least the past hour, if not longer. The duo had disappeared to enjoy the Ghost Train and the Ferris Wheel before coming back to the Kalon still standing in the same spot just shoving more and more coins into the machine.
    The pair went over to the gift shop, as well as to get more slushies for themselves. Vivere pointed out the Crow plushie that Harlow had been trying to catch at the grab machine, so they decided that they get her a slushie as well as pick up the plushie that she had been wasting so much money trying to get ahold of.
    As Vivere and Eceon walked back to the area that they had been spending most of their day, they spotted Harlow now sitting at one of the tables with her chin resting on her hand. She looked pretty upset, presumably she had run out of coins to try to get those specific plushies out of the machine. Vivere quietly approached her, the dark Kalon making eye contact with her as she got closer, “Hey! Would you mind if we sat with you?”
    “Sure.” She replied as she pulled her phone out, she appeared to be playing candy crush as she avoided talking to the two strangers.
    Eceon rubbed the back of his head, “We saw you were trying to get the Crow plush out and I hope you don’t mind, but we got you something.” He gently placed a slushie in front of her and propped the little Crow up to the drink. Vivere smiled as she passed Eceon his own drink once he had taken his seat besides her.
    “Oh you really didn’t have to…” Harlow trailed off as she carefully picked up the plush, stroking her hand over the fabric to brush the moisture from the side of the cup off of the fluff, “Thank you.” She smiled.
    The trio spent the rest of the night enjoying the games and rides together, slowly getting Harlow to open up to them and gain a bit of confidence. Vivere has managed to win a Pigeon plushie from one of the water pistol games, which somewhat matched with Harlow’s little Crow. The pair named them Bill and Bob - they now regularly get each other their respective bird’s themed gifts and always go to the fair each year together. Eceon tags along when he can and ends up winning a Parakeet keyring one year that he has since named Betty, to match with Bill and Bob.
    Token Worth: 511 Words = 5

Chosen Prompt: What are their top 3 skills/talents?
    Prompt Response: Vivere doesn’t necessarily recognise any of the following as skills or talents that she has. Painting and drawing is simply something that she does for fun, but would like to pursue as a Wildlife artist once she figures out the conservationist things. Her knowledge of wild animals and edible plants has come naturally to her as she explores the world, she needs to understand the environment to be able to protect it - she does think it’s important to share this information with others and hope to create a means of sharing this information easily through pdfs and other accessible resources. Her baking is also a part of this as she encourages the use of forages and home grown ingredients in cooking.
    One of Vivere’s skills/talents is her creativity. She enjoys sketching, painting and digital painting, although she doesn’t explore these as much as she once did, it’s now more of a treat than something she regularly pursues - though she would like to change that with time. Along with painting and general drawing, she is very into speculative biology and has been working on building a planet. This world building includes considering the climate and the evolution of plants and animal life on the planet. She spends her time figuring out anatomy and how each species would evolve over time by drawing different individuals and brainstorming relevant ideas. She also paints scenes of different species interacting, similar to artists painting real world landscapes and wildlife. [I’d recommend Biblaridion’s series if you want to listen to something similar to what Vivere would spend her time working on].
    Vivere’s first job was in the aquatics industry and thus one of her top skills is in fish care. She can easily identify species and diagnose diseases within different species, though she specialises in freshwater fish. Working within the industry was part of what got her into conservation work, initially working on a Lost Fish campaign to find a species of Catfish that hadn’t been seen since the 50’s. From there she decided to start looking into conserving the natural area around the cryptid zone in an attempt to protect them from outsiders, as well as protect the wildlife and the people that called that area their home. With time her ability to identify species will expand to identifying animal tracks and edible plants species as she becomes more familiar with the areas that she is working to conserve as she will be spending more and more time in those locations.
    Surprisingly, Vivere is really good at baking. You would think that she would struggle to fit the time into her day, especially while she was still studying at University and has been travelling the world to study animals and provide care to those in need. Whenever she is home, or simply has a kitchen at her disposal, she will make any excuse to bake, recipe hunt and ingredient hunt. Vivere isn’t necessarily any good at formal cooking of meals, but sweet and chocolatey desserts? She creates the most delicious snacks. Brownies don’t last very long when she brings them over to her friends and family’s homes, nor do flapjacks and other sweet treats. She loves to use ingredients that have been foraged in her baking.
    Token Worth: 543 Words = 5

Previous Responses:
    What does their current bedroom look like?
    Do they prefer the sun, or cloudy day? + Are they are early bird or night owl?

ImageImage
━━━━━━━━━━━━
olivia. she/her. feb 14.

"You're as subtle
as a wrecking ball."

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ImageImage
olivionary

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery