Re: develop - myo event '21 - open

Postby snowdrake » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:20 pm

Username + ID#: .*✦ kirin | 418283
    Kalon Link: here

Chosen Prompt: "the pen is mightier than the sword", is this true for them?

Prompt Response:

Token worth:
    fullbody - 4
    pixel - 2
    shading - 2
    color - 3
    background - 5
    ——————-
    total: 16 tokens

Previous Responses: one, two & three, four
Last edited by snowdrake on Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
things just got a lot more relaxed for me, I'll be able to be online more often! responses still won't be instant most times, sorry </3
snowdrake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:40 pm

Username + ID#: Griff 254592
Kalon Link: https://i.imgur.com/YzDdbfq.png
Chosen Prompt: What’s your character's ideal date like?
Prompt Response:

Phillip is a kind soul, that for a date would like nothing more than to be the center of another's world, if even for a moment. In his deepest moments of insecurity he worries that without having a voice that his presence c an never be felt, never be known
as much as with other creatures. So for his date, he would love to be drawn into their world for a bit, made to feel like he belonged there and was an integral part of it.

How should his partner accomplish this? Well, share with him their hobbies! If they write, if they dance, if they create art... let him try to help! Dress him up for the part, give him an official accessory like a cute hat or the entire uniform even! Matchies? Well that might be a bit far but he would not mind either. Start the date out with sharing this hobby, getting to know each other a bit better... and hopefully creating something wonderful together!

After that, perhaps they have worked up a proper appetite! His partner should show off the food they enjoy, be it made by paw or at a nice eatery. Either way, make it exciting, make it new! Phillip adores trying regional cuisine, but even more if it is made personally. He is not much into stronger drinks, but fix him up with something fruity and refreshing to go with dinner and you'll have gotten that much closer to his heart!

Once supper is over, let him show you a bit of his world, through music and dance under the stars! Participate with him, laugh, howl, and just have a good time! Show him how you move, teach him a new step or three! And then after! Well, he would not mind a good cuddle under a warm blanket, maybe watching a cheesy romcom movie.

All in all, he wants to be surprised, learn more about his partner, and just have a genuinely good time! If his partner is shy? Then he will show more of his world instead, leading them to his favorite picnic spot or concert locations. If things are particularly good, he will head into the woods and show off his favorite flora and fauna as well. Hoping in the process to get his partner to relax and open up more about themselves. Nothing gives Philip greater joy than learning about others.

It also should be mentioned should a date be going into bad night vibes zone, then he does have an emergency plan. In those cases he immediately brings the date to an eatery called Mike's, where they serve the best machiattos and paninis. But what usually helps break the ice is dessert, a tiramisu that is made daily by Mike himself. He wants his partner to have as good of a time as him, even if things dont work out! Nobody wants to be remembered as the 'bad date' after all! He's never needed to go to extremes thankfully, as his own charming personality carries him through most awkward situations.

Token Worth: 513 [5]
Previous Responses: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4597906&start=110#p135492220
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sheepsorrel » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:49 pm

Username + ID#: conradical 413649
Kalon Link: x
Chosen Prompt: Are there any other sentient races/species?
Prompt Response: x

so much like good old star trek, there's a universal "intelligent species template" that just happens to look quite a bit like... well, a kalon! "kalon" is the accepted term to describe this subset of intelligent species. however, it's full of subspecies - every planet has different evolutionary traits, from the smallest differences like the glossiness of fur to the larger ones like standard colorations and ear shapes.
(of course, there are other species that look nothing like kals - but in the most populated parts of the galaxy, there's about a 65% kalon presence!)

Token Worth:
bust = 3
color = 3
shading = 2
multiple characters = 5
total = 13

Previous Responses: 1 23
Last edited by sheepsorrel on Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
previously cupcake frosting - my kalons
sheepsorrel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:16 pm

Username + ID#: Griff 254592
Kalon Link: https://i.imgur.com/YzDdbfq.png
Chosen Prompt: If they were stuck on an island, what three things would they bring?
Prompt Response:

The very first item that Phillip would bring with him if stranded would be his beloved miniature harp. It is his primary method of communication, his main means to get his emotions and point across, what he uses to channel his magic. It was given to him as a very young cub, and he feels it is as much a part of him as a leg or an ear even. To be without his harp would effectively cripple him, dashing his self esteem and any hopes he had of masking progress on the island.

That being said, he feels the harp would also help him make friends on the island, build bridges with those who lived there or at the very least avoid confrontation! He is no fighter, and he will never pretend to be! He would much rather play them a song, invite them to dance, and hey if they can help him find shelter afterwards bonus points!

His second item would be a bag of sunflower seeds. Or to be more specific, Feathersong Royal Sunflower Seeds! These are cared for year round, harvested by hand, and seasoned with a rich variety of spices! Just opening the bag brings a heavenly smell top the nostrils, and they are the perfect snack for traveling or even sharing!

Speaking of sharing, these too would be used to try and forge new bonds and gather aid. After all, who can say no to a bag of delicious sunflower seeds? Well not the whole bag, those have to go around a bit! He would share them with whoever asked, show them the special trick of how to deshell them using only ones own tongue, and how one can even use the shells as an awesome fertilizer later! He would also show them how with a bit of extra supplies one can also make accessories with the shells, or if he uses a touch of magic he can forge tiny items like claw covers or earrings!

Which leaves him with one last item to choose! In this case, he would pick for the very last item a traveler's bag. Why? Well, it would be nice to have something to carry things he might find around in, especially if they might prove solid for survival or making friends later! It would need to be durable, able to withstand conditions as well as the odd objects to be stashed inside of it. A plus if it is enchanted to keep fruits and nuts fresh, but it is not a necessity since most of those would get eaten right away anyways!

If all else fails, it would give any smaller companions he might find a safe place to sleep and rest, as well as a roof over their shoulders. Phillip is a huge believer in karma, and hopes to bring good into the world. Not in return for anything, but just to help balance the scales. And if nothing else, it could serve as a pillow for his own head as well if no suitable substitute could be found!

Token Worth: [5] 512 words
Previous Responses: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4597906&start=110#p135492220
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4597906&start=120#p135505581
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sheepsorrel » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:17 pm

Username + ID#: conradical 413649
Kalon Link: x
Chosen Prompt: Are there any unique holidays?
Prompt Response: x

yep! one traditional holiday on paldens home planet is where children recieve the leaf or flower of a plant that is meaningful to them. the day functions as a coming of age ceremony, initiating them not necessarily into adulthood but into the age where they will begin their formal education!

Token Worth:
fullbody = 5
shading = 2
color = 3
animation = 5 (lmk if this doesn't count as animation! each flower has been moved to fly around in a circle)
total = 15

Previous Responses: 1234
Last edited by sheepsorrel on Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
previously cupcake frosting - my kalons
sheepsorrel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ucanthandleme » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:42 pm

Username + ID#: Ucanthandleme + 809102
Kalon Link: Haemal
Chosen Prompt: "If they were stuck on an island, what three things would they bring?"
Prompt Response:
A spear, a knife, and a sickle.
Token Worth:
Fullbody (4) - Shading (2) - Colour (3) - Background (5) - Total= 14 tokens
Previous Responses:
"How do they feel about their family?" (19)
"What’s your character's ideal date like?" (19)

☆-------☆
Credit: Toyhouse
☆----------------☆
Storages:
My Kalons
For trade kalons
My kels
Profile avatar by m0thmonster
Sig art by stan. + Niluna + Morisakisan
Characters are owned by me.
Image ImageImageImageImageImage
☆-------------☆
Ucanthandleme

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .lucifer » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:35 pm

Username + ID#: .lucifer (438648)
Kalon Link: Cherish
Chosen Prompt: Preferences | "If they had to wear one color for the rest of their life, what would it be?"
Prompt Response: your face is unknown, things won't be the same [ Black ]
Token Worth:
    Fullbody: 4
    Colored: +3
    -----------------
    Total: 7
Previous Responses:
    [ 1 ] - What flower would they use to describe themself as?
    [ 2 ] - Would they rather explore the seas, or the skys and stars?
Last edited by .lucifer on Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.lucifer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skywishes01 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:13 pm

♦ username + ID: skywishes01 + 742710
    ♦ kalon link: Samani / archive post
    ♦ chosen prompt: Do they prefer a starry sky or a vibrant sunrise?
    ♦ prompt response:

♦ token worth: 21 tokens
    - fullbody [4]
    - pixel [2]
    - shading [2]
    - colour [3]
    - background [5]
    - animation [5]

previous responses:
    does magic exist? [10 tokens]
    world's creation story [10 tokens]
xxx

x
┌─────────┐

════ʕ ⏒ ᴥ ⏒ ʔ═══
call me sky !!
────────────
infp • gemini •
hufflepuff • nerd
─────────
my kals / art cred
art shop !!

└─────────┘
skywishes01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ICarinae » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:48 am

Username + ID#: -Everette- #928070
Kalon Link: Aster
Chosen Prompt: What was it like for them growing up?
Prompt Response:

Aster was born into a modest middle-class family with a decent-sized home, a mother and parent, two brothers and a sister, and a lizard he found in his bedroom one day and kept as a pet. He was the youngest of all his siblings and cousins, and, was therefore, babied by much of the family. Aster was a happy child, always energetic, bouncing from foot to foot at all times, and he loved people. The seaside city of Carnellia was the perfect place to support a bouncing baby boy.

Carnellia was a trade center second and a tourist trap first. Carnellia rested on a beautiful landscape of honeycomb-shaped columns of glittering, multicolored stone. Volcanic basalt columns now provided a home for all number of crystals and glass, tumbled clean by the sea. Every species of intelligent life came from all over the world to stay at Carnellia and enjoy the many hot springs and comfortable hotels. One of which was owned by Aster's parents.

Aster spent much of his time as a kid traversing the twisting and tumbling streets filled with brightly colored shops and smiling faces. He loved to sneak down to the docks when his parents weren't looking to catch a glimpse of the many colored sails that identified the ships in the wharf and the countries they came from. He would love to listen to stories about the world outside of Carnellia and meet people of all different species and ethnicities. He loved getting a glimpse a world full of vibrant colors and experiences beyond his scope of understanding. He could pass entire days at the docks, ducking in and out of warehouses and pestering sailors to see their ships, if not for his parents becoming very talented at hunting him down and dragging him back to the hotel to help out.

He and his siblings' main occupation was helping their parents manage the small hotel they owned. The Glass Kettle was a small, five room hotel and tavern at the edge of the city that was sought out for its relative obscurity, homely feel, and cheap prices compared to the inns near the city center. The hotel also boasted a wide array of local teas that were cultivated and made by Aster's family thanks to the small garden of tea leaves that crowded around the hotel in every space that could conceivably fit a plant. Aster and his family were the sole maintainers of the hotel, so they were often occupied by the work to be done there. Aster's parent and eldest brother kept charge of the kitchen and tavern area as well as handing the booking of musicians when the budget allowed it. Aster's mother took care of the many tea plants on the premises and handled the finances. His sister handled booking, food ordering, room keys, and maned the counter, while Aster and the next youngest brother cleaned and set up the rooms for the next guests (with the help of the parents of course). The business ran like a well-oiled machine and there were never vacancies lasting longer than a few days, so of course Aster was often bored and snuck out or pestered the guests as often as he could. With a life full of adventure and a lizard on his shoulder, Aster couldn't have been happier, and probably will never be that happy again.

When Aster was the age of eleven, there came a shift in the atmosphere. Instead of hearing about the mighty sea beasts the sailors fended from their ships or the wonderous towns and countries each person held dear, the docks and evenings at the hotel were filled with ominous talk. Rumors of marching companies and dark armies dulled the colors around him and quieted the crowds to hushed voices. Even his home was effected. Family meals were formally overlapped by the chatter of the day's activities, hotel finances, and the children's home studies. However, now Aster's parents and the eldest brother often talked to themselves with a heavy air of gloom around them that infected the other children with worry, and as days passed on, panic. Tensions filled every aspect of Aster's life as reports of the looming shadows and shredded battle fields grew closer and closer to Carnellia. Until, all at once, the tension boiled over.

Two months after Aster's thirteenth birthday, the time had come to face the unknown enemy. Canon fire woke Aster up at first light. The small military encampment that guarded Carnellia's shores exploded with activity. Seconds after the first round of discharge, Aster's parents gathered the children up and they hid in the back storeroom for what felt like forever. At every new volley, Aster's parent clasped their hands around his ears and held him tightly while his mother and oldest brother did the same for the others. After about six hours is when the canons finally stopped and the screaming started. Aster's parent immediately bundled him up as soon as the sounds of a ground invasion reached their ever-perked ears. His parents guided them out of the storeroom with a hushed urgency, into the back yard and out through the neighborhoods that resided at the very edge of the city limits. Once they passed the stone markers at the city limit, Aster's mother handed the next youngest's hand over to her partner, kissed them and the kids goodbye, then bolted back into the city. Aster would only come to figure out years later that she was formerly in the military and held up her duties to the crown. In the moment, however, all Aster could think to do was scream after her, which his parent had to immediately stop with a hand over the mouth.

They remained out of the city for 15 or so days before the battle came to a stop and it was safe enough to reenter. Aster would never forget that day. The dark stains of blood were visible in the streets, as rain had not come those days. Bloodied weaponry and armor lied scattered over the ground, both in colors he recognized and colors he did not. Including the colors he did not know were foreign soldiers that guided the survivors back into the town. Rather than being filled with excitement by the new faces from far away lands, Aster only felt dread. He would not full understand this feeling for a long time, but it would linger over him for the rest of his life. Eventually, they made it back to their home and hotel to find it ransacked, dark, and empty. Aster's mother never made it back.

After that day, Aster's life crumbled into anxiety and despair. He had to learn how to live an occupied life. The hotel crumbled as the tourist business dried up, and his parent took on work at the docks to keep the family afloat. His oldest brother and sister were drafted into the new force's army to keep pushing the conquest forward, towards which, Aster felt betrayed. The new governor of Carnellia let the city crumble. The poor became poorer and the rich became richer and the economy and enterprise were destroyed. Thousands were out of work, and the once bustling streets became home to every manor of seedy practices to get by. His parent passed in an accident while working at the docks, his brother and sister stopped sending letters one day and never came back, and his other brother fell into the underground work of the streets to be killed in a military bust of their hideout. At the age of 18, Aster was now alone.

Token Worth: 10 points [1269 word]
Previous Responses: none ^^
x
x

---------------------------
So if your wings
won't find you heaven/
I will bring it down
like an ancient bygone

Euclid -Sleep Token
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxxxxxx

He/They

adult | trans | inactive
(gender neutral)xxxxxxxxx
digital artist/seamstress/learning much more...
with a bit of writing on the side

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ICarinae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iBrevity » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:21 am

Username + ID#: iBrevity [22202]
Kalon Link: Eztarachiel "Ezra"
Chosen Prompt: What does their current bedroom look like? Is it messy or clean?
Prompt Response:
Messy. Many, many centuries ago, the first time Eztarachiel went on vacation, he built a house in a patch of woods he liked the feel of. The manor is more of an in-between place than an actual location; it can only be seen by mortals at the top step of an otherwise unremarkable staircase in the middle of an unremarkable clearing and cannot be entered without Ezra's explicit permission. He likes the place well enough but at the far end of the east wing is his bedroom, and that is by far his favorite part of the house.
Ezra has never been much for housekeeping, even back when he was a mortal. His bedroom is sort of a catch all for whatever he brings in the house; books of all shapes and sizes, rocks that catch his eye in the riverbeds, strange plants that he's moved into terracotta pots with indecipherable words scrawled into the clay. Mixed in among the things he's picked up are items given to him as payment for his curse services, usually capped in small glass bottles that he's got dozens of stacked in a separate room. Ezra doesn't care for gold, though he has some bags stashed away from especially desperate clients; he prefers intangible things, things that people are loathe to give up and so make the payment all the sweeter.
In his room he keeps the things he's most fond of. People come to him asking for curses and Ezra presses on their anger and violence and names a high price. It's a sort of test, the majority of the time; a last excuse for a person to walk away, to let go of their vengeance and move on. A great number of people do leave at this time, when Ezra names some impossible thing, but the rest agree. Some greedily, some with tears; the cunning ones barter him into a lesser price, the clever tell him it's for justice and he asks only for the prettiest pebble they can find in his stretch of the woods. (Ezra has always had a soft spot for revenge, as Hero can attest.)
All of these bottles in his room are meticulously labeled with the client's full name and the price paid. Some are simple; a teaspoon of fresh tears, a pinky finger freely given, a thin vial of blood. The ones that appear to be empty are the best prizes; the cherished memory of their first love, a person's ability to lie, a thimble of true happiness skimmed off the top of someone who will never genuinely be happy again. Ezra asks these prices from people he mistrusts or who request particularly cruel curses.
The main focus of his bedroom is his enormous bed but stationed around it on a half dozen rickety end tables are all these fabled bottles. It looks careless and is certainly messy but Ezra knows exactly where any given item is at any given time so there is some type of organization somewhere, but it would elude most visitors.

Token Worth: 5 tokens [509 words]
Previous Responses: n/a

+++++

Username + ID#: iBrevity [22202]
Kalon Link: Eztarachiel "Ezra"
Chosen Prompt: Who are their most trusted friends?
Prompt Response:
Exempting his family, Ezra has exactly one trusted friend. As loathe as he would be to ever admit it to his insufferably smug face Ezra trusts Hieronymus intrinsically, and has for many years now.
Hero is a demon like Ezra is, both being mortal souls who chose to remain intelligent in the underworld to serve the death gods and ferry souls to rest. They act primarily as psychopomps but have a number of miscellaneous responsibilities within Erossor itself. Ezra and Hero joined in different eras and were for a time simply uncomfortably antagonistic coworkers but bonded over Sefina, the goddess being to both of them boss, sister and friend in turns.
The other demons were reluctant to leave Erossor and take on mortal bodies, even if only to grant a person's wish or collect a wayward soul, but neither Ezra nor Hero minded. As the human world marched on and the gods were forgotten in a number of planes these excursions became more infrequent, until finally Sefina granted her oldest demons 'vacations'. A chance to go to the surface and be mortal for a few years, to have some breathing room from the monotony of soul sorting in Erossor.
Hero and Ezra went up for their first vacation together, wherein Ezra built his strange house and Hero expanded it until it could fit all of his junk too. There was a great deal of good natured bickering during construction but Ezra leaves the manor exactly as he finds it every time he returns to Erossor, and when Hero comes and goes he tucks small oddities into Ezra's room for his amusement.
While the pair of them don't look much like friends (in conversation they snipe one another constantly, and both of them have a bad habit of yanking on the other's horns to get their attention or make them shut up) they're indisputably close. They go on most missions together and frequently share vacations, or overlap them as much as possible. When off the clock they can often be found meandering through Erossor together, checking idly on souls as they go and squabbling the whole while.
One of Ezra's favorite parts of humanity is actually something that Hero showed him a long time ago. Hero was the first to explain to Ezra what curses were, what cursebreakers and curseworkers did and how they did it. Mortals were bound to their body's magical limitations; Ezra, when he dabbled in curses, found he had far less restraint. Hero has no genuine interest in curses but lets Ezra tell him about whatever he's working on lately each time they reunite.
This time is the longest they've been apart for centuries. Ezra is stuck on his 'vacation', pinned in place by a witch who discovered his true name, and waits impatiently for Hero or Sefina to notice his tardiness and come looking. As the witch forces him to accept more and more questionable curse orders, Eztarachiel itches to get out from under her thumb.

Token Worth: 5 tokens [500 words]
Previous Responses: above

[art by Baylin]

brev [she/her]

kalon moderator
approvals are -- closed
iBrevity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes