Re: develop - myo event '21 - open

Postby PleaserOfCrowds » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:52 am

Username + ID#: PleaserOfCrowds 756851
Kalon Link: Angel
Chosen Prompt: Does magic exist? Describe it and it’s limits
Prompt Response:

A strange element of the periodic table, magic takes on kalons as powers that randomly appear in certain individuals without rhyme or reason. Powers themselves seem to be somewhat rare within the population on earth and through the portal to an alternate fantasy, and one in a million in space. While in the fantasy dimension and on earth magic takes on elements; Air, Water, Fire, Earth, Lightning, Sound, Psychic, Light, Shadow, and Life and death. These powers range from very powerful, uncontrollable and dangerous, or so weak it’s barely there and anything in between. Kalons that do have these powers are only able to weld one element and for a limited amount of time; those that can use it all the time have elemental aspects which in itself is very rare. It is random when they manifest; some powers manifest when a kit is born, to all the way to it being unnoticed until adulthood and sometimes beyond that. Although scientists have tried to study the material, magic as a chemical element does not last long in labs and therefore makes the process of studying it impossible until technology further improves. Even if the magic is artificially added to kalons, they do not manifest powers which confuses the scientists even more. One theory is that magical powers themselves manifest as a recessive gene, however through records it seems to not follow genetics; families of nothing but mages occasionally have magic less kits that have all the signs of being able to manifest powers, while kalons with no history of magic may suddenly manifest powerful powers without any signs they should be able to do so. While powers are slightly more common within families with histories of it, just as often as parents are freaked out by their kit’s sudden powers. It is an unexplained phenomenon, but in certain places like Twilight town magic users seem to be every other Kalon there. If it is based on location, chance, or something else unexplainable is completely unknown.

In space magic is even more strange there than it is in the fantasy dimension and on earth, to the point it’s even debatable if it’s really even the same magic there is on earth. In space, magic is extremely scarce and one in a million but however it create some of the strongest and strangest magic users. In the history of the Federation, only 12 have been found and recorded. Only known by the Roman numerals on their pelt, they have a vast array of potentially dangerous and reality bending powers such as; time manipulation, gravity manipulation, reality warping, creation from nothing, luck manipulation, and many more extreme powers. It is unknown why space causes magic to warp in such a way unfamiliar with most kalons, but as with regular magic results come in inconclusive. Many kalons in space are unaware of the twelve’s existence, as it is kept in government documents and in small circles where information has been leaked. These twelve are called the most powerful to ever exist due to the strange and powerful nature of their powers, and all of them where born on the first day of each of the 12 months within the same year.

The treatment of magic users varies in the wasteland, the walled cities, small portal towns, the fantasy dimension, and in space. In the wasteland, magic is seen as a tall tale and anyone who claims they have powers are dismissed as liars and cheats. While the wasteland may be harsh on magic users, if they are able to prove themselves when it comes to helping each other survive, they really don’t care as long as it’s useful. The walled cities have a very restrictive view on it, with users required to wear a collar that suppressed it at all times as magic use is illegal and punishable by banishment into the wastelands; a death sentence for most. In the small towns on the very outskirts and the fantasy dimension, magic use is common and very lenient, and often encouraged, and especially in the fantasy dimension it’s a prized asset for those with powerful magic. However, in space the Twelve have it especially terrible despite their magic being incredibly powerful. Namely, they are viewed as assets to the Federation that they keep locked away “for their own good”.

All but one of these magic users are locked away, with the final and twelfth roaming free somewhere. The empires of the Federation all want to find the twelfth user, rumored to have luck based magic. Many have objected to their imprisonment, including the ORION in which they seek to warn said user. The whereabouts of this user are currently unknown, however when “Twelve” were last seen was when he won a massive lottery and disappearing with the cash as well. Regardless of location, nobody has been able to contact him despite the massive ship he supposedly has, making both allies and enemies alike frustrated as every attempt at contact seems to break the communication system entirely.

Back on earth in its fantasy dimension, magic based technology has been able to be invented and exist. These technological advances include things like spellbooks made for non-magic users, wands with magic infused into it, and even fully functional time machines as well as magical portals to the outside world. Unfortunately despite these technological advances in magic, these inventions become completely nonfunctional and permanently broken if they reach the outside world as it seems that the portals destroy the inner machinery. Still, dimensional travelers are slowly working on fixing this issue with no luck so far and these types of technologies are trapped on the other side. Through some observations, it may also be the case that magic works quite differently in said dimension as its technologies work with magic while in the real world it does not. While in the fantasy dimension magic is very similar to that of the outside world, it also works on different rules when it comes to technology.

Magic is an unexplainable phenomenon in which the mere area affects what type it is, and every time it is studied it just brings up more mysteries. While thought to be a periodic element on the table, not even scientists are certain what it really is…

Token Worth: 1051 words | 10 tokens
Previous Responses:
x
x
(Angel)
X
x
x
x
x
(Dioxide)
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
────────────────────────────────────────────
♠They/It/Aer♥
────────────────────────────────────────────
Sig Pixels by Carpe. avatar by Skabeebo, chattamind, Jitsuemon, rabbitpulp, Belefur, and me
TH,FR,Artfight,Kals
PleaserOfCrowds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dewy Feathers » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:14 am

Username + ID#: Dewy Feathers 998285
Kalon Link: Lillian
Chosen Prompt: What does their bedroom look like?
Prompt Response:

Lillian’s bedroom was at the end of a hall. There was a desk pushed up by the door, completely covered in papers and art supplies. Shelves were above it, full of terrariums and books. There was a bed right by the desk, with a magenta comforter. The bedsheets were all clumped up, and pillows were everywhere. A photo of a galaxy was hung above her bed. A small bookshelf was on the other side of the bed, filling the rest of the wall. Books were piled in it and on it, with no apparent order. Paintings were on the wall by the bookshelf, with more shelves full of terrariums and plants. The wall by it had large windows and white curtains. On the other wall, a white dresser stood, with a fish tank on it. Potted plants crowded the area, with a watering can in the center. Things were randomly packed in the dresser with a few pieces of jewelry. Another bookshelf was by it,with more books stacked on it. The ceiling was painted like a blue sky, and more plants hung from it. The carpet was white, with some small brown stains. The door was painted white, and posters hung from it, one showing different kinds of plants, and another with a picture of space.

Token Worth: 217 words
Previous Responses: none
Dewy Feathers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nermal1999 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:29 am

Username + ID#: Nermal1999 (214589)
Kalon Link: Koda
Chosen Prompt:
Are they a beach or a hike kind of person — or neither?
Prompt Response:
As much as Koda likes a good hike, the beach is were it's at for him.
Token Worth:
(Fullbody=4) (Pixel bonus=2) (Shading bonus=2)
(Color bonus=3) (Animation bonus=5) (Background bonus=5)
Totally= 21 tokens.
Previous Responses:
What is their main goal in life?
Where do they go to relax?

Hello I'm nermal1999

☆----------☆

(She/her ☆ Adult ☆ dyslexic)

(PTSD, Anxiety, Depression,)

Anime, Manga, Video games, TWST.
☆----------☆
This is me | Kalons | Artfight

("You guys will be fine without me here, right?"Idia Shroud )

ılılıllı▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬( ♫ )▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ılılıllı
nermal1999

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EditMeNot » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:01 am

Username + ID#: EditMeNot 812433
Kalon Link: Indigo
Chosen Prompt:What's a quirk of theirs you'd notice right away, or decently fast?
Prompt Response:
Indigo’s a kalon of many small quirks, it's hard to not to notice them if you end up living in the same space as her. Most of them happen when she’s deep in thought or just spaced out. Tapping her claws on tables and surfaces nearby when thinking of things to paint are a big one. Sometimes she fiddles with one of her piercings, be it her lip piercings or earrings, twisting and turning them gently while also in thought. Her biggest quirk you’d definitely notice is if you call over to her when she’s busy doing something she might click or whistle back at you, an automatic response she picked up from owning her pet macaw.
Token Worth: 117 words - 1 token
Previous Responses:
1) What flower would they use to describe themself as?
2) Who do they admire most?
3) Are there any other sentient races/species?
4) What’s your character's ideal date like?

❤Edit❤
❤she/her | it/its❤
❤Toyhouse❤
❤i'm very anxious please be patient with me ❤
signature+profile pic by me!
ImageImageImageImageImage
EditMeNot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kidcandy » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:34 am

Last edited by kidcandy on Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

info wrote:
kidcandy || she-they || gemini
my kalons + my characters

going to school and working full
time currently. back from a 5yr
hiatus, bare with me while i get
back in the swing of things. feel
free to message me abt kalon
relationships/trades!

discord| kaitiecoo #6181
sale th - art shop
kidcandy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NE0N-UMBR30N » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:52 am

Username + ID#: sylvender 372186
Kalon Link: Luna
Chosen Prompt: What flower would they use to describe themself as?
Prompt Response: aloe vera
Token Worth: headshot (2) + shading (2) = 4 total
Previous Responses: N/A
icon base by jako-ry on DA and sig art by booplet on TH

N30N - it/he/they
previous username was sylvender

nerd - kalons - UMAs
mods, victorbirdeh and i may sometimes trade
unfairly with each other :0! please don't ban us!

NE0N-UMBR30N

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby strawberrymwilk » Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:44 am

Username + ID#: Strawberrymwilk + 793492
Kalon Link:oakley
Chosen Prompt: "How would this kal draw/describe themselves?"
Prompt Response: Image
Token Worth: 7
Headshot: 2
Pixel Bonus: 2
Color Bonus: 3
Previous Responses:
beach or hike
closest friends

┌───────┐
.............strawberry
..............she/he
.............nb lesbian
..........lavender glade
..............storage

..........art by whitehund
└───────┘
strawberrymwilk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NE0N-UMBR30N » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:07 pm

Username + ID#: sylvender 372186
Kalon Link: Luna
Chosen Prompt: What's their favorite accessory?
Prompt Response: She doesn't often wear it out of fear of loosing it, but her favorite accessory is a small teardrop shaped pendent that she keeps on a necklace. Her friend Tricks gave it to her for her birthday one year, and after everything with her family Luna had been used to not really getting any gifts. Her family hadn't given her a gift in years, that's how strained their relationship had been. Luna had become all but a stranger in her own home.

She had already been traveling with Tricks for around a year, and while they had grown somewhat close Luna was still wary of getting to close to anyone. She'd call her a friend, but not a very close one. It was a shock to her that Tricks had remembered her birthday at all, the mechanic covered in grease and oil stains bounding up to her with a small box that she'd done her very best not to get too dirty while checking the ship.

At first the idea of it being a birthday gift didn't register to Luna. She remembers staring at Tricks with slowly blinking confused eyes, with her tail excitedly wagging as she held the box out to her. "What... what is that?" She recalls asking, Trick answering at first with a tilt of her head and a cheerful, "A gift! For you, it's your birthday right?"

"Oh... it is, isn't it? Huh..." She stood there for a few moments more as Tricks continued to hold the box out to her before she finally took it and slowly opened it. The necklace inside held a lime green pendent, a similar color to Luna's own eye color, and she wasn't prepared for the tears and emotional wave that hit her. Tricks frowned, seeming worried. "Oh man was it that bad? Do you not like it?" Had they struck a cord, was Luna okay?"

The purple kalon shook her head, a small smile forming on her face as she wiped the tears away. "No no, I love it, don't worry." She said reassuringly. "I'm just... not used to gifts." It had been,,, probably over a decade since she'd gotten a birthday gift, she'd forgotten how nice it felt. "Well it's your birthday, so I think you deserve a little something... even if others haven't thought the same." She said in a matter of fact tone. She was aware of the strained relationship Luna had with her parents and how she hadn't celebrated her birthday in years, though she hadn't realized just how hard that had impacted her.

For the most part Luna keeps the necklace hung on a small hook on her bedroom wall. She doesn't often wear it out of worry of loosing it, but she often holds it close when she's stressed or scared to calm her nerves. Tricks sometimes teases Luna about it, but deep down she's really happy the item means so much to her. She makes a habit to get her something for her birthday every year, and while Luna loves each gift, none have seemed to be as important to her as that first gift.
(524 words)

Token Worth: 500 words = 5 tokens total
Previous Responses: 1
icon base by jako-ry on DA and sig art by booplet on TH

N30N - it/he/they
previous username was sylvender

nerd - kalons - UMAs
mods, victorbirdeh and i may sometimes trade
unfairly with each other :0! please don't ban us!

NE0N-UMBR30N

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby •boo• » Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:25 pm

Username + ID#: NightMareRose + 761033
Kalon Link: Melon
Chosen Prompt: "Your character’s favorite snack (or perhaps a comfort food?)"
Prompt Response: Melon adores hanami dango!
Token Worth: 19
Full-body (4), Color (3), Shading (2), Animation (5), Background (5)
Hi I'm Alois!
He/it | Scorpio | AroAce?
Depressed | Anxiety | Sleepy

Kalons | Shamkhyis | Nagalines
Lambicorns | Smoothie Chickens

Check out the CS Discord Server! Avatar ♡
•boo•

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brackensnake » Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:44 pm

Username + ID#: Brackensnake + 781035
Kalon Link: Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4598595
Chosen Prompt: Who are their most trusted friends?
Prompt Response:
Token Worth: 12 (fullbody + colour + multiple characters)
Brackensnake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me