Rares List Discussion *DISCONTINUED*

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Rares List Discussion *DISCONTINUED*

Postby Thovatos » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:01 am

This is ‘The Rares List’ Disscusion Thread
’The Rares List’ is now discontinued. This is where you may ask questions.

Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.

This option is for those who believe that the list has too many flaws for a working end to come from it. If you want to move away from the list, this is the option for you. This option does not mean the list will be deleted; it will always be available to look at it. Users who want to use this as a trading guide will be able to do so. Even if you vote this option, a list that includes rarity/demand will likely be created. Other list projects are available (listed above), and people can create new lists if they please, but this individual thread will remain inactive. No other pet move updates will be done on this thread, it will be left 100% exactly the same as is now (aside from lay-out changes to indicate that this list is no longer updated).

What’s happening?
- “The” Rares List Guide is being retired, meaning no further updates to the placement of pets will be carried out. The list will still be available for viewing for reference though.

Why did people want to retire the list?
‘The Rares List’ has caused much controversy with trading. Everyone was forced to use it, no matter what their opinion was or guide they followed. ‘The Rares List’ was never an official guide, yet many users did not know this. The list has reached a point were it is too inaccurate and too confusing. New users had barely any chance of making it onto the list as well. It would’ve taken years to fix the list, so the best option was just to retire it and let new users make new guides for the community to follow.

FAQ

How will trading work now that there is no list to base trades off of?
- There is now more freedom to make your own trading decisions. You can use the discontinued rares list guide, one if the rarity of demand guides in the process of being built, and/or work with your trading partner to come up with values for your pets (based on rarity tags, dates, etc.)

Will the value of former list pets go down now that the list is gone?
- No! The values of the pets on the list will stay the same, they will simply “lose” the value the list created by placing them on the list.

Are “list pets” still list pets, or just normal pets?
- This is up to you and your trading partner to decide. Some users will still value former list pets as “list pets”, others will not.

What are omg so rares worth now?
- The worth of any pet is up to the individual user. When trading an omg so rare, you and your trading partner will have to determine how you value the pet(s) to work out a trade that you both think is fair. There will also be rarity-based and a demand-based list for reference following their completion.

Will there be other lists?
- Yes! A list based on the physical number of pets on the site, a list based on rarity change dates, and a list based on demand are currently in the works, but other lists can be made as well.

Can I still use this list?
- Yes, you are still welcome to use this list. The pet placements will no longer be updated, but you can still use it for reference, trading, etc. if you choose. You will need to find a partner who agrees!

How will the FTT work?
- Those answering trade questions are advised not to use the list placements of “The” Rares List Guide to answer trade questions. It should mentioned that pet values are up to the individual, and that these should be worked out between trade partners to find fair trades. Suggestions to the new lists in the works (rarity guides, demand guides, etc.) can also be mentioned.

How will I value my pets if I chose not to follow the list?
Currently, it is now user based how you value your pets. It may take a while for the new lists/guides to be finished, but they will all strictly be made according to rarity, not demand(unless states otherwise). Your pets do not suddenly ‘lose value’ or ‘be worth nothing’. You worked hard for your pets! It is now your turn to decide how to trade them! c:

Can I make my own list?
Yes! You can create a list however you wish. Just be aware not everyone may follow it! Here are a few!
CS Rarity List
The Rarity Trade Guide
Last edited by Thovatos on Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:12 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Thovatos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: *DISCONTINUED* Rares List Discussion

Postby dawnchu » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:02 am

Will the value of the list pets stay the same or not? Will it go down because the list is now retired?
also i love myself a fresh thread

xxxxxxxxxxxx
✼ i'd do anything for you, but would you do that for me too? ✼

i own a couple threads, and some are linked down there. click the stars!
feel free to send me a trade or pm! i hope i can make your day a bit better.

©

xxxxxxxxxxxx

dawnchu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Law » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:05 am

utau0223 wrote:Will the value of the list pets stay the same or not? Will it go down because the list is now retired?
also i love myself a fresh thread

Now it's up to you to decide what you value your pets at. It could be the same as before, on the retired list. Communication with whoever you're trading with will help.
Law

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ⋆⋆⋆ » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:07 am

I think the demand should go lower on some of the main lists, but how could we do that? So many people value the Sunjewel at 10k 09 rares, and the UR tiger at like 8 sometimes!
People will probably put more demand on those pets if there isn’t a list anymore!
(Just my opinion!)
⋆ ★ ⋆
╒═════╕
sayd
╘═════╛
⋆⋆⋆

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thovatos » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:07 am

Lol my face disappeared on the first post xDD
Thovatos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MazdaTiger » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:07 am

jeon wrote:Another problem for a lot of people was it's extremely strong grip on everyone. It was treated like law by a lot of people, and it really restricted trading. Not to mention, it was hard to trade on the list if you didn't have any of these super special pets. Your only hope was to wait for december 18th to roll around and hope you get something off that, or hope you get something from a free adoptions post. Otherwise, it was basically impossible to get a list pet, or very high up on the list.

THIS this is why people want to vetoed the "list"

It's too difficult for newer people or people who didn't "pay to win" to get these "super special, one of a kind" pets until December 18 rolls along if they are lucky that is

It's hopeless for us to get pets like that

Say i want a Cerb but in order to do that i need a pet from the list and that alone is impossible
Last edited by MazdaTiger on Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage ImageImage
MazdaTiger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pink » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:09 am

I'm honestly just unsure what to even offer or accept for my list pets, I'm not sure what to think of all this. Does this make 09 rares more of value for trades involving list pets? Or is there no structure to trading at all anymore?
Last edited by pink on Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
o---------------------------------------
----------------------------------------

I'm the girl you'd die forImage

o---------------------------------------
--------------------©--------------------
pink

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:09 am

rinnydome wrote:I think the demand should go lower on some of the main lists, but how could we do that? So many people value the Sunjewel at 10k 09 rares, and the UR tiger at like 8 sometimes!
People will probably put more demand on those pets if there isn’t a list anymore!
(Just my opinion!)

There being a lack of a list gives more freedom! It's okay for a user to ask for more demand, but there will also be users who know how absurd that is and refuse to trade for that. now you just gotta look for someone who values it similarly to you and communicate to work out a good medium between them

Postby Law » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:09 am

rinnydome wrote:I think the demand should go lower on some of the main lists, but how could we do that? So many people value the Sunjewel at 10k 09 rares, and the UR tiger at like 8 sometimes!
(Just my opinion!)

Totally a valid concern imo. We'll have to see what UR tiger owners are willing to trade their pets for. It could be more, could be less.
Law

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:09 am

Wow, it won! I'm nervous, but also very excited to see what becomes of trading now. Should be rough for a while, but it will be good in the long run :)

Below wrote:I'm honestly just unsure what to even offer or accept for my list pets, I'm not sure what to think of all this. Does this make 09 rares more of value for trades involving list pets?

Same, I'm not sure what to do with my pets as of now. Should I even call them "list pets" anymore?
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes