CS OMGSR Pet Popularity Poll [RESULTS POSTED!]

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: CS OMGSR Pet Popularity Poll

Postby lil rascal » Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:24 pm

It’s very interesting reading why people like and don’t like certain pets or pet lines. For me personally it’s not about being “human like” but about being cute or reminiscent of real animals or fantasy animals.

That’s why despite being a real life rat lover I personally don’t like the normal rat lines (either full grown or pps), they just don’t have the cuteness of real life pet rats, they’re more like the stereotypical creepy rats.

The eyes of the sitting cats and lions aren’t the draw for me, I’d personally prefer more realistic eyes like the Malks. For me it’s the poses that make me love them, they’re such typical cat and lion poses.

With the rabbit lineup above I prefer the face of the last one but like the pose of the body in all as they’re classic rabbit poses. I’m not a fan of the face of the middle one, mostly the tooth I think, and prefer the open eyes and less exaggerated smile of the last. The 2015 store pets based on the bunnies have the open eyes with raised paw and are gorgeous Image

The epps and pps ponies horses and zebras are some of my absolute favourite lines on the site (not a fan of all the designs but the lines are adorable). I’m generally not a huge fan of the normal adult horses and ponies but don’t hate them. I love the Arabians from the 2014 event, carousel horses, drafts and Tess horses though. The Tess horses are lovely and great for natural scenery dress ups.

With the monkeys I just don’t find the adult version cute (not a fan of the chameleons they’re based on either) but the pps monkeys are cute.

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥Princess of Lions♥ » Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:25 am

I also like the PPS monkeys!!

Question for you all: Once this poll is finished, would anyone be interested in a store pet poll where all the store pets can be voted on? Or maybe only stores from 2017 and earlier?
♥Princess of Lions♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby himarry 124 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:27 am

♥Princess of Lions♥ wrote:I also like the PPS monkeys!!

Question for you all: Once this poll is finished, would anyone be interested in a store pet poll where all the store pets can be voted on? Or maybe only stores from 2017 and earlier?

id say 2016 and earler
himarry 124

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueEyedKite » Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:31 am

More polls! More polls!! 2016 and earlier cuz I want to vote on my beloved unicorns/alicorns?? <3<3
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:13 am

Maybe have a poll for all store pets and just split them up so it's not a long poll.

I finally remembered to take the poll when I got home I used 5 as a base for pets I don't really have an opinion on (and it looks like a lot of people saw 5 as neutral too) and...I didn't realize how many OMGSR pets I just don't really care about one way or another. All dogs with ears like the sunjewel got a base 3 though. I really just don't like those ears and try to cover them up for all the ones I have. I liked any Halloween pets higher than most as well as any red, orange, or yellow pets. I tend to dislike any pets with overly bright colors. This might be with the red/green holly dogs are not liked as well.

I agree with previous posters that the rat lines just don't do real life rats justice. I'm not a fan of the full profile view and I just don't care for the pose. I did rate a few rats pretty high, one being the blue ice rat. I ended up getting it on Dec. 18th and it was a pet I was missing, despite having only missing 20 something pets at the time.

As for the UR non animal, I really like the UR pickle, flower, pie, s'more, peach, and strawberry the most. I like the grumpy look on the pickle (as well as all the blood dogs).

My favorite of all the UR pets are the cats, tiger dog, and sunback. The tiger dog was one of the major pets I wanted when I first joined. I put it on my wishlist, found out how rare it was, then removed it. I got it, but I'm still missing one cat and the sunback.

I prefer the standing cats over the sitting ones, and though I like butterfly wolves the best, I'm not a fan of most of the OMGSR ones.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angst » Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:22 am

^^ ok thank you for doing the ur flower some justice 🙏

I keep referring back to this as a reference in my trades because there are some pets I just love but I have to take into consideration the fact they aren't as popular or easy to trade. oof. Like the squid, too! The flower and squid are my favorites!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
𓆩★𓆪
• angst • any/all • adult • neurodivergent •
|
|
tired & silly grad student :~)
i'm kinda slow + socially anxious when it comes to DMs
thanks for understanding!
trades | free palestine
credit

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
angst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fae » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:01 am

Wow, it's very interesting to see the spread. Thank you for doing this!!
Still Searching For: UR Bee, UR Peach and PPS Bugs from 2021 to complete collection of Bwolves. Current Collection Up To Date As Of 12/01/23.

Seeking to complete collection; any missing Bwolves are on my WL and I will happily trade for them.

I trade FR Gems & Treasure for CS Pets on my WL or CS$; Msg or Send a Trade for Details

Malevolente is my sister; we trade sometimes and share an IP. Please don't ban us.
Fae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥Princess of Lions♥ » Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:45 am

You are very welcome!! I’m trying to see if more players who come back for events will vote during the Halloween event, then after the event ends I will do the averages for all the pets and post a summary of results. I think I’ll keep the poll open forever though, and maybe update as needed every so often :)

I thought about splitting up a next poll but I’m concerned that it will get confusing to have the same group split into little parts. So right now I’m thinking of just doing a store pet poll together with 2016 and earlier!
♥Princess of Lions♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fingees » Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:26 pm

this was interesting, I definitely expected some of the higher scoring ones to do even better, and I'm surprised by the ur food dislike. from what I saw, ur tiger is probably one of the highest scoring ones, along with sunback and ur cat
xxxxx

xxxxxixxxxxx •♡•
xi 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒑𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕, 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒅
xxxxix 𝟏 𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝟏:𝟑𝟒
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xii anna • she/her • enfp • last.fm
xxxxxxxxxxChristian ✞
xxxxxxxxmy art portfolio
xiI love birbs, music, my bf & nature!
xxxxxixx avatar by offsite
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxi

fingees

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Screemnigcheesepuff » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:09 am

Im hoping with the event on, more people will be online & see this.
Mainly because i am really interested in which pets end up with a high rating becuase a vast majority has voted at a specific value i,e 9, and which are high because more people have voted for a range of high values i.e 7/8/9/10. I just find it interesting how even within the very popular pets there is still a fair bit of personal opinion variation, nice to know im not the only one who doesn’t really like some of the very popular designs
Autistic & dyslexic xxxxxxArt shop CLOSED xxxxxxArt Fight 2024xxxxxx No coloured text please

Screemnigcheesepuff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me