Upcoming Rarity Changes Discussion

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Upcoming Rarity Changes Discussion

Postby Loelya » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:33 pm

this is of much lower general importance than everything else on this thread haha but I'd love to see this dog go rare:

before the rarity overhaul this year, about a third of the pets in my "dreams" folder were uncommons, and then bam, suddenly they all go rare except for this one. :lol:
ImageImage
~ and here you are, continuing on,
despite how hard it's been ~

adult || she/shey/they
"Build-Your-Own" Editables
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:39 pm

Aurora Storm wrote:
softpaw wrote:
I'm curious if any of the other sorbets are going to turn OMGsr any time soon. The pink one was such a huge surprise! It never seemed that much rarer then it's litter mates which leads me believe that the rest of them will tip the scale soon. Same with the 08 galaxy litter, I have a feeling they're close to being OMGsr.

I'd love to see the other sorbets go up too, even just to find out if any others from the litter a rarer than the rest. And I reckon be BE Galaxy may change sometime soon, but I think the CE Galaxy will be the last July pet to change; maybe even after some of the Augusts.

I would be very surprised if any of the other sorbets and other normal adopt VRs like the galaxy's turn omgsr anytime soon thanks to the influx of new Dec 18 pets for this update. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if on the cusp pets like the pink sorb drop back to VR this update.

If we see any rarity increases in the next update it will be store pets and uncommons and under which don't get re-released (:

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby softpaw » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:40 pm

lil rascal wrote:
Aurora Storm wrote:
softpaw wrote:
I'm curious if any of the other sorbets are going to turn OMGsr any time soon. The pink one was such a huge surprise! It never seemed that much rarer then it's litter mates which leads me believe that the rest of them will tip the scale soon. Same with the 08 galaxy litter, I have a feeling they're close to being OMGsr.

I'd love to see the other sorbets go up too, even just to find out if any others from the litter a rarer than the rest. And I reckon be BE Galaxy may change sometime soon, but I think the CE Galaxy will be the last July pet to change; maybe even after some of the Augusts.

I would be very surprised if any of the other sorbets and other normal adopt VRs like the galaxy's turn omgsr anytime soon thanks to the influx of new Dec 18 pets for this update. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if on the cusp pets like the pink sorb drop back to VR this update.

If we see any rarity increases in the next update it will be store pets and uncommons and under which don't get re-released (:

ahh shoot I wasn't thinking of that! I will be very curious to see if the pink sorbet stays OMGsr after this update o:
softpaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aurora Storm » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:51 pm

softpaw wrote:
lil rascal wrote:I would be very surprised if any of the other sorbets and other normal adopt VRs like the galaxy's turn omgsr anytime soon thanks to the influx of new Dec 18 pets for this update. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if on the cusp pets like the pink sorb drop back to VR this update.

ahh shoot I wasn't thinking of that! I will be very curious to see if the pink sorbet stays OMGsr after this update o:

I think generally pets only drop again if they changed in the later half of the year, so unless the thresholds get tweaked again I would be surprised if the pink sorbet, natural blue rat or pirate rat drop down. I was really hoping we'd get some more pets go OMGSR before Dec. 18th just so we'd get a glimpse into which pets will be the next to change.. but ah well maybe we'll be waiting another 6-ish months for that :c

What I would love is the new URs to be VR on release so we've got a better idea of their comparable value aha. All these URs being OMG right off the bat makes it harder to value them than it used to be. Buuut I highly doubt that will happen.
╔═ · ✧ · ════════════════════╗
guide to cs rarities | trades | need help?
╚════════════════════ · ✧ · ═╝
Aurora Storm
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lufi » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:52 pm

I think, that not any pets will go down in the rarity this time, 'cause usually went down pets, which go up 1-3 month before re-release but we not had rarity update for 3 month! They released rarity only for last monthly pets but no for other pets (not single pet changed rarity at last 3 month). And I think that it's reason why they did it, to save new rare pets which can come soon. Cause if they would changed just before re-release, all would go down for long time again.
So this is my opinion, why they did not did change for few month and will do one bigger now after december again. :)

ps: I want to see nick sunback pps, nick blue toxic and some other 2009 easter bunnies with a purple rarity. Just to see that chaos then again... hehe :twisted:
Lufi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby In The Darke » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:03 pm

LufikER wrote:I think, that not any pets will go down in the rarity this time, 'cause usually went down pets, which go up 1-3 month before re-release but we not had rarity update for 3 month! They released rarity only for last monthly pets but no for other pets (not single pet changed rarity at last 3 month). And I think that it's reason why they did it, to save new rare pets which can come soon. Cause if they would changed just before re-release, all would go down for long time again.
So this is my opinion, why they did not did change for few month and will do one bigger now after december again. :)

ps: I want to see nick sunback pps, nick blue toxic and some other 2009 easter bunnies with a purple rarity. Just to see that chaos then again... hehe :twisted:

Lufik please don't say that about the bunnies :'( I'm missing so many of them already, please let me pretend they wont be as bad as the rats and dogs :'(((((

I do agree with you though, they've maybe held back on the big update so that doesn't happen so much, though honestly all the '08 July/August pets - asides the extended release pets - they're just OMGSR's waiting to happen. I'm super curious about the old event pets, though I see plenty of lower demand pets, I feel a lot still carry "bad demand" stigma and people don't know how rare it is until they look for it xD
αιи'т иσ вℓα∂є ¢αи ρяσтє¢т уσυ fяσм тнє тяυє тяυє

Lornsome night,
babbits bawlin',
wind bitin' the bone.
Wind like this,
full of voices.
Ancestry howlin' at you;
Now, find you devil,
Old Georgie himself.
Now you hear up close
and I'll yarn you about
the first time we met
eye to eye.
'you bring the stories'.
All their voices
tied up into one.
One voice different,
one voice whispering
out there,
spying from the dark.

In The Darke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:16 pm

Aurora Storm wrote:
softpaw wrote:
lil rascal wrote:I would be very surprised if any of the other sorbets and other normal adopt VRs like the galaxy's turn omgsr anytime soon thanks to the influx of new Dec 18 pets for this update. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if on the cusp pets like the pink sorb drop back to VR this update.

I think generally pets only drop again if they changed in the later half of the year, so unless the thresholds get tweaked again I would be surprised if the pink sorbet, natural blue rat or pirate rat drop down. I was really hoping we'd get some more pets go OMGSR before Dec. 18th just so we'd get a glimpse into which pets will be the next to change.. but ah well maybe we'll be waiting another 6-ish months for that :c

What I would love is the new URs to be VR on release so we've got a better idea of their comparable value aha. All these URs being OMG right off the bat makes it harder to value them than it used to be. Buuut I highly doubt that will happen.

I hope you're right and we don't see many pets at all dropping down this year, it always disappoints those who have their most valuable pet drop in rarity. Always much nicer to see the excitement when one rises in rarity (:

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Topiratti » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:20 pm

I always expect pets to go down in rarity. Esp the VR and omgsr pets

Can't wait to see the new urs rarity.
[size=150]I've quit CS, tho I'm seeking Birthday date swaps for Shima LongTail, Dragon Cat PPS, Cheshire Cat, dates in pet names
Topiratti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:37 am

I’d be interested in seeing how the pink Sorb does. I honestly saw a lot more of the other colors this year -in my little scope of viewing- with the rereleases and wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t fall down.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:57 am

This will be the first post-18th rarity update since the huge changes this year, so I'm curious to see how it'll play out. So far there has always been a tendency for pets to slightly drop in rarity after the 18th, as this is the time of the year that a lot of dormant accounts temporarily become active again, bringing their entire collections and new re-releases back into the calculations.
    Re-release is the most unlikely time of the year for a pet to increase in rarity, so I'm not expecting any newcomer OMGSRs any time soon.
    I am, however, fully expecting pets to drop again, though with the rarity thresholds changed I don't know which ones are most susceptible now. In the past I'd have expected some of the julaugust rats (most except the heart litter and speckle litter), the RBM, the Sorbet and the Nons, and the PPS Dragon, but after the huge update they might have moved into stable territory.
    If I had to pick drop candidates now, I' hazard guess the dragon and the sorb.

OMGSR has always been a very delicate rarity in the past, with many pets temporarily dropping to VR after each re-release and some only barely gaining the tag throughout the year at all.
    There are many currently omgsr pets that already were briefly purple throughout the past that many people forgot/never knew about (pawprint rats, I'm looking at you); once a pet got to omgsr in the past it really did seem that very small numbers were enough to throw it back down.
    I'd assume the threshold was lowered during the update, but we're likely still dealing with a line that's crossed quickly.

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me