CS Items Guide - Help update values - Medieval Faire Tokens

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: CS Items Guide - Help update values - Store Scarves

Postby Erythro » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:18 pm

lucky333123 wrote:
LLHBBB wrote:
SabrinaB wrote:I found it!
They were only 5 C$ each

Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=315759&p=7502840&hilit=december+2010+scarves#p7502840
Warning, many images, you may want to let the page load before scrolling down, or use control+f to find it

That does change things for me. Thanks for finding this. So the whole set could have been bought for less then the store pet from the same time so going for a low main list - pink balloon does seem more reasonable. Thank you again for the information and this might also help others get a better perspective as well.

I agree that this does change my prospective somewhat too, but by too much. I do agree that people did not really get interested in items until after the item archive, so I suspect the number of scarves still in active accounts is pretty small. I joined in '11, so maybe a few users that were around in '10 could give their thoughts. I feel like store pets were more popular than store items.

most people didn't have c$ back then like they do now. on top of that, most users only traded their c$ away for rare+ pets and even that was hard to find. with that said, most people that i knew back then bought their favorite scarf or two, often the black or black/grey one. i remember only buying two and this was before c$ was tradeable, so it was because i had traded someone pets and 'reserved' c$ on their account to spend.

doing my own bit of searching through trade history, the first time i had any interaction with the cs store was in 2013 and i bought 380c$ so i had quite a bit of c$ 'reserved' on other user's accounts before that.
Erythro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:58 pm

I don't think the C$ price back in 2011 is really relevant at this point? Especially since C$ was rarer then and could not be traded directly. The items are really old retired items that most players did not acquire at the time. Many 2011 players no longer play, and ones that do probably did not buy spares of the scarves so aren't willing to part with them. Even store pets which many players love to get often turn VR straight out of the gate. So these items would at the very least be VR if compared to pets, or even OMGSR. Since items don't have rarity tags we can only guess. So don't get too hung up on the 5C$ original pricetag c:

So to confirm, are these the valuations everyone is suggesting for the scarves?
1 Scarf (any colour) - Mid Advent to Low September
7 Scarves (full set) - Low Main List up to Balloon Dog
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sinpai » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:52 pm

I agree with the scarf values posted above, seems good enough!
sinpai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Animall » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:03 pm

I feel as if we are undervaluing the scarves just because its easy ^^'
For all the reasons Solloby listed, I think we are doing yet another disservice to the scarves, and item values as a whole.

Do you laugh about me whenever I leave?
Or do I still need more therapy?
(fake out)

↞ infj ⎯ she/her ⎯ adult user ↠

trade thread
auction thread

ImageImageImage
Animall

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:00 pm

Animall wrote:I feel as if we are undervaluing the scarves just because its easy ^^'
For all the reasons Solloby listed, I think we are doing yet another disservice to the scarves, and item values as a whole.

Agreed! Solloby makes some very good points, especially about the way people felt about items back then. And the original price of the scarves doesn’t really matter...that was eight years ago, after all.
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:39 pm

Solloby wrote:I don't think the C$ price back in 2011 is really relevant at this point? Especially since C$ was rarer then and could not be traded directly. The items are really old retired items that most players did not acquire at the time. Many 2011 players no longer play, and ones that do probably did not buy spares of the scarves so aren't willing to part with them. Even store pets which many players love to get often turn VR straight out of the gate. So these items would at the very least be VR if compared to pets, or even OMGSR. Since items don't have rarity tags we can only guess. So don't get too hung up on the 5C$ original pricetag c:

So to confirm, are these the valuations everyone is suggesting for the scarves?
1 Scarf (any colour) - Mid Advent to Low September
7 Scarves (full set) - Low Main List up to Balloon Dog

I only dug it up because i got curious. Obviously this does not say anything about the value.

I agree with these values.

I am wondering... many people are advicing that 09 christmas items are worth an 09 uncommon.
I actually dont agree with this. Yes, the pets are uncommon, but that doesnt mean the items are. Those are often released 1 per member.
Back in 09 there were many less members than now, which could mean they could be considered rare or even very rare.
I know that some items have less demand, but suggesting a 09 or 10 uncommon seems risiculous to me.
Sorry for changing the subject, but this is kind of bugging me...
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucky333123 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:18 pm

Silver Pandorica wrote:
Animall wrote:I feel as if we are undervaluing the scarves just because its easy ^^'

Agreed! Solloby makes some very good points, especially about the way people felt about items back then. And the original price of the scarves doesn’t really matter...that was eight years ago, after all.

I also agree hence why I do still somewhat feel that the whole set should be worth a top range of a nonballoon tier rather than a balloon dog tier.

The range for each individual scarf I think if fine for right now because those are what the scarves are being traded for right now. I feel like it could be reconsidered in a year or so from now to see if the values changes or not.
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

───────────────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

┌────────────┐

If you need any help, feel
free to ask ^.^ dates matter
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _60_ people.
I have received _35_ gifts.

└────────────┘
┌────────────┐

└────────────┘
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
lucky333123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:14 am

Would just "Low Main List" be sufficient then?
I like to keep the guide a bit vague so that users don't feel locked into things and can more easily negotiate.
We also don't really have much in the way of 7-scarf trades with which to back up our upper and lower pet limit values.
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sinpai » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:32 am

well the discussion awhile back was to not go too high since that would inflate the demand if we went to a non balloon tier?

That's just what I read awhile ago in the thread
sinpai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Animall » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:39 am

We shouldn’t avoid placing items because it’ll inflate demand. That’s how the system works. We are placing them in regards to rarity. Placing them low will do nothing but undervalue the scarves and make it easier to scam people.
I’m okay with a vague “low main” value for the scarf set, although I do feel like it is worth more and personally value the set at a non.
Last edited by Animall on Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Do you laugh about me whenever I leave?
Or do I still need more therapy?
(fake out)

↞ infj ⎯ she/her ⎯ adult user ↠

trade thread
auction thread

ImageImageImage
Animall

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery