Upcoming Rarity Changes Discussion

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Upcoming Rarity Changes Discussion.

Postby Luckystrike » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:28 pm

How about to make this one a Very Rare or even a OMG so rare?
This dog - the UR tiger dog - is mý ultimate dreamie,
I would give you many pets off my own collection for it!
Luckystrike

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Expresso. » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:30 pm

Fat Unicorn wrote:
pkmast3r55 wrote:Agreed. I missed several outcomes... Also, what rarity do you think the store lets will be?

I was very surprised to see a very rare on the store pets. I mean, they were every where. A one stage I thought they were gonna be uncommon xD
My Characters | Trades | dA | Art Shop
ImageImageImage
I'm on a hiatus :'(
Expresso.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 'Possum » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:38 pm

Pøund wrote:
Fat Unicorn wrote:
pkmast3r55 wrote:Agreed. I missed several outcomes... Also, what rarity do you think the store lets will be?

I was very surprised to see a very rare on the store pets. I mean, they were every where. A one stage I thought they were gonna be uncommon xD

The store pets are generally Very Rare after their first month for sale. By their retirement they'll go down to Rare. Then back up to Very Rare within a few months. The reason they seem so common is the same as always, the Store Pets are bought by those who have the CS$ to do so. These same people then purchase extras with the sole purpose of trading or selling them off. Pretty much, Store Pets are always highly circulated. Moreso than any other "rare" pets.

As for the Halloween Event pets, the Banner Pets rarities are set. The ones from the shop, unfortunately will now be bought in massive amounts by people who have seen their current rarity and want access to "easy, cheap rares" Little do they realize or care, they are in fact driving these same "easy, cheap rares" values down significantly by buying a ton of them from the Halloween Shop over the last few days that it's open. All of these "rares" for the most part will in fact sadly end up worthless uncommons by the time the Halloween Store closes. As has happened with every other event in the past few years. They won't gain any true value for a year or so.
'Possum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hekomi » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:20 am

Luckystrike wrote:Image
How about to make this one a Very Rare or even a OMG so rare?

These dogs honestly just turned rare, and there are many many many many many rarer pets which should turn OMGSR before this pet will. Maybe in like, two-three years. xD
*Do not PM me for CS help. Send a ticket instead.*

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 53 people.
I have received 53 gifts.
Hekomi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DerbyGirl » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:32 am

Katt66 wrote:

As for the Halloween Event pets, the Banner Pets rarities are set. The ones from the shop, unfortunately will now be bought in massive amounts by people who have seen their current rarity and want access to "easy, cheap rares" Little do they realize or care, they are in fact driving these same "easy, cheap rares" values down significantly by buying a ton of them from the Halloween Shop over the last few days that it's open. All of these "rares" for the most part will in fact sadly end up worthless uncommons by the time the Halloween Store closes. As has happened with every other event in the past few years. They won't gain any true value for a year or so.

yep. a lot of people hung on onto their candy and still are until the last day (with people so picky on true date stuff, i do find this..odd.) ..so when they finally adopt everything, there goes the rare rarity label.
Let's Chat! wrote:Trade and pet value
questions? 1×1 RP? Just want to chat?
Feel free to PM me, my inbox is always open!

Image ImageImage ~ Image
DerbyGirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nonexistent » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:43 am

So why do you think that the Halloween pets went rare so quickly, while the Faire pets are still uncommon?
I think it's because the Faire was in the summer for most of us, so we got online more, having breaks off from school and sometimes work as well. Meanwhile, October can be a busy month for some, so they weren't on enough to trade for pets and collect candy.
pROUD TO BE A, uH, tAURUS,
Nonexistent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Elettra » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:44 am

Hey, do you guys think that the '09 UR dog will turn OMGSR? Thanks for any and all input. :)
Elettra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hekomi » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:46 am

Carrot Top wrote:So why do you think that the Halloween pets went rare so quickly, while the Faire pets are still uncommon?
I think it's because the Faire was in the summer for most of us, so we got online more, having breaks off from school and sometimes work as well. Meanwhile, October can be a busy month for some, so they weren't on enough to trade for pets and collect candy.

It went on for much longer and you got the pets in lump sums (if that makes sense). Plus you got pets every banner pretty much and they only had a few outcomes.

spraybottle wrote:Hey, do you guys think that the '09 UR dog will turn OMGSR? Thanks for any and all input. :)

Nope, there are tons of other pets that'll turn before it. Not all of the URs are really THAT rare.
*Do not PM me for CS help. Send a ticket instead.*

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 53 people.
I have received 53 gifts.
Hekomi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 'Possum » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:47 am

Carrot Top wrote:So why do you think that the Halloween pets went rare so quickly, while the Faire pets are still uncommon?

Main reason is that they haven't all been bought yet. Till all is said and done and people turn in their last candies right before the Halloween Store is closed for the year, they will all drop to Uncommon. Some of the most popular being extremely common Uncommons.

spraybottle wrote:Hey, do you guys think that the '09 UR dog will turn OMGSR? Thanks for any and all input. :)
I don't think it will turn OMG So Rare now any more. The Advent ReRelease is just around the corner. If anything it will go down in rarity along with a lot of others and won't go back up till the middle or end of next year.
Last edited by 'Possum on Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
'Possum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby atumtay » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:49 am

So if certain pets are very hard to get, why do people hoard them? It makes it harder for other people to get them, but I know you guys like hoarding...
atumtay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me