🌻 Complete Item List and Values Guide - Ongoing Project 🌻

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: 🌻 Complete Item List and Values Guide - Ongoing Project

Postby Tox » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:50 pm

This is something I'd starting working on as well recently. I'd much rather be putting my energy into a community project so I'd love to help out here. I'd like to be added as an editor, I can help with finding out information on how items were released.
Tox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sashtato » Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:43 am

stan. wrote:The more different options for how to value something as murky as items, the better I think ahaha
I feel that it is better to make a guide of "what an item could be worth" and add an extra note that some things tend to have more demand, like the popular sayings of "plushies and nature items have good demand", but without putting the demand directly into the guide's values.

For older items, I think of them as rare as the pets of that event. 2009 Valentine has 20 pets and 19 are Extremely Rare, so I personally would say that items from that event would be 1 2009 Extremely Rare each, rarity wise. A speech bubble would probably be way harder to trade off for that than the arrow, but I still think it's worthwhile that people know how rare the item might be, and from then on they can choose how they want to trade versus trying to take the demand into account and estimating that the speech bubble can get an uncommon at most, as then the demand can get added doubly. "It's an uncommon in the guide but it's unpopular so it probably gets less than that," if that makes sense.

[snip]

So something that could identify what was a trade in item, what was a token and what was free might also be helpful.

[snip]

I love this a lot and totally agree with every point you've made here. I think including how rare pets from around the same time are is a super good idea, and I think I'll add a column for that information as well. I think that would really help with people trying to determine values. Like you said, as much information as possible is a great idea!

I have added a couple token items so far but I need to do more research so I can check every item and make sure they're all labeled correctly, that would also be helpful information.

Thank you so much for the feedback!! I appreciate it a ton and will definitely be including you're ideas where I can.

Tox wrote:This is something I'd starting working on as well recently. I'd much rather be putting my energy into a community project so I'd love to help out here. I'd like to be added as an editor, I can help with finding out information on how items were released.

Awesome!! For sure, I'll send you a PM :)

ImageImageImageImage
I may be slow to respond or
get anxious over certain messages
or posts, I apologize in advance!
ImageImageImageImage

β€’β…β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€βœ§β…βœ¦β…βœ§β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β…β€’
My sister in law <3
My best friend <3
My Husband <333

Nelinha | She/Her | Adult | Sped Para | Disabled

Sashtato

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sashtato » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:57 am

Okay so a quick update:

* I have added all items except most store items up until Valentine's 2010
* I added a column for pet release information as well and updated that for each item set on the sheet
* We have one, with a pending second additional editor to add item release information

Since there are a couple people on the job of item release info, I will stick just to adding items, values, and pet release info. If anyone else is interested in helping out feel free to post or PM me! I would love to have a couple people help with demand since I don't feel very confident in that area. It would be awesome to get some old players and/or big item traders on that! Or people who don't fall into that category who don't mind doing some digging.

If anyone wants to help add items (item names and photos) too that would also be great! You wouldn't necessarily have to add any other info (unless you wanted to) so it would be an easy job for anyone who wants to help but might not know much about item trading. I'm starting from oldest and going to newest but if anyone wants to help with that job they could start adding items to any year , it wouldn't have to be in order :)

Thank you guys so much for your help and input on this so far! And remember, ANYONE who clicks the link to the sheet has the ability to make any comments, so if you see something that doesn't seem right, you can post a comment directly to what you're talking about on the sheet, or you can post it here. Thanks guys!

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

My sister in law <3
My best friend <3
My Husband <333

Sashtato

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LLHBBB » Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:47 am

Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4708563 this is a forum that Wookieinmashoo where they have already done a lot of the work your planning on doing. You might want to reach out to them to see if they are okay with you referencing the work they have done already. The only issue I have with the current guide people are using is they went on a mission to complete their item collection within a few months & they did do that because they had the pets to be able to offer for them. I took over 2 years to complete my item collection because I wasn't willing to offer more than I felt an item was worth. especially for items that don't even make for cute dress ups. I wanted them just because they were available. I know the people who have those items would love to get those pet values but finding a trading partner who will pay that amount is another story. Are they worth those values maybe but how many people are going to choose to pay an orange cerb plus 3 nons worth for just the green lights from the Christmas store items? If your out there I have one to trade...lol
also have and Eldemore account with the same user name. As well as a FR account with the same name.
LLHBBB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sashtato » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:29 am

Oh wow, that is an AWESOME resource! I didn't even know it existed. Thank you! I'll have to reach out to the people over there when I get a chance. I'll link it in the top post, too.

What you're saying about what people paid for their items I totally understand, and I was wondering about that when adding certain items to the list. I can understand some of the high value items, but there are some that appear to be just as rare as others and not much more special going for more. One example I can think of is the St. Pat's socks vs St. Pat's shoes. I would imagine you would need both for whatever dressup you do, do the shoes really have that much more demand (1 09 rare vs 1 MA). I mean, maybe they do? but it just seemed odd to me. That's why I like the "demand" suggestion (or rather, a column for what you could realistically expect to get for said item. Is there a better name for that, or is it just demand?) in addition to the "value" column.

Edit: JK I just looked at the ST. Pat's stuff on the thread you shared with me and it looks like they were released 4:1 so the shoes are much rarer. That makes sense now, lol

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

My sister in law <3
My best friend <3
My Husband <333

Sashtato

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sashtato » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:06 am

Okay, so I was adding more items to the sheet and I ran into a problem. I cannot figure out what these St Patrick's Day shirts and shorts from 2010 are called. They don't have a name in the archive, and I couldn't find any info in any of the threads I know of. Does anyone know anything about these guys?

Image Image Image Image

The only clothing item from this event that is named is this one:
Called the "Lucky 7 Shirt"

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

My sister in law <3
My best friend <3
My Husband <333

Sashtato

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueEyedKite » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:20 am

For St Patrick's day 2010 they had an item box that spat out so many items (I forget how many) and it was random what you got. Those clothing were in the box as possible item drops. Why aren't they named? -_- the attitude was "items are for fun" in the beginning of CS. Guess no one felt like naming em, sad. The only item that had demand right away was the pot of gold to my memory.
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sashtato » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:31 am

BlueEyedKite wrote:For St Patrick's day 2010 they had an item box that spat out so many items (I forget how many) and it was random what you got. Those clothing were in the box as possible item drops. Why aren't they named? -_- the attitude was "items are for fun" in the beginning of CS. Guess no one felt like naming em, sad. The only item that had demand right away was the pot of gold to my memory.

Weird, yeah I haven't come across that before. Thank you for the information! I'll leave them blank for now unless I can find somewhere that gives them a value or how many were released. Maybe they're pretty comparable to the lucky 7 shirt

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

My sister in law <3
My best friend <3
My Husband <333

Sashtato

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stan. » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:44 am

It's pretty rare for items to be blank names, as far as I know the only other nameless items are some that available on the store right now
A very old version of an items value list had some unofficial names for the St. Patrick shirts !
stan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sashtato » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:17 am

stan. wrote:It's pretty rare for items to be blank names, as far as I know the only other nameless items are some that available on the store right now
A very old version of an items value list had some unofficial names for the St. Patrick shirts !

Oh you're awesome for finding that, thank you! I put that in underneath [unknown] for the item's names so hopefully that can help someone searching. Thanks so much!

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

My sister in law <3
My best friend <3
My Husband <333

Sashtato