Adopt a Newbie - Moving to new thread

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby becharley » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:46 am

Username: becharley
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: im pretty confident that im fluent in english
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: a friend used to play and told me about it! he doesn't play any more unfortunately but i thought id take a look
bec - they/them
im bec and uhhb i love dogs thats about it
i don't have a lot to trade since im new but all trades r appreciated !
becharley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunarin » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:00 am

Username: B E N D Y
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): I speak both english and spanish c: spanish is my native language, and I understand and speak english very well.
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: N/A
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: Because I don't want other people to make the foolish mistakes I did 2 years ago on here. I also already have some experience and knowledge here and would LOVE to pass it on to others! :) I feel like I should be allowed to adopt a newbie, mainly so they don't have to learn stuff by their mistakes, instead by mine. Besides, it would be fun helping a newbie! I really like answering questions, so I wont get annoyed.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: Now I try to get on every single day c: the only reason I would not get on chicken smoothie would be because of school and family issues. But I would be back in about a day or two.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes! I will be very polite and patient with them at all times. :)
sunarin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bookfanatic » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:08 am

Username: bookfanatic
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): I am not fluent in any other language but I did take Spanish for about six years. Now I take sign language but I don't think that will help you any. I can say password please in about eight different languages though.
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: No, but I do like to make friends with people on animal jam and help them figure out their way there. (I can't show you the link though because there is none. Sorry.)
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I like to help people learn new things and I would have like to have someone show me around CS when I was a newbie.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I usually get on every day except for weekends and I'm usually on for a few minutes.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yep. :)
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course. :)
Bookfanatic

10 things i know about you
1.you are reading this
2.you are human
3.you cant say the letter "p" without separating you lips
4.you just attempted to do it
6.you are laughing at yourself
7.you have a smile on your face and you skipped number 5.
8.you just checked to see if there was a number 5.
9.you laugh at this because you fell for it and everyone else did too
10.now copy and paste this to see who else falls for it XD
http://huggle.jdf2.org/sig/bookfanatic.png
✞I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature. 96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your signature if you are one of the 4% of teens who will.✞ ✞ I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much." He stretched his arms on the arms on the cross and died. Please put this in your signature if you believe that Jesus died for our sins.✞
bookfanatic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Simonpet » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:17 am

Username: Simonpet
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): None
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: No.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I want to help others because I remember what it was like when I was a newbie myself and hope to give help to others that I never got. I would be able to help newbies mostly with questions concerning the Oekaki and roleplaying, but I could also help with trading.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I go on CS at least once a week for about a half hour minimum. However, because of my schedule, this varies and can alternate from every day to once every few days.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes.
Status wrote:Who's excited to study fly intestines?
Me! I'm excited to study flies! (I
swear it's more interesting than it
sounds.)
Dragon Cave wrote:Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image
Simonpet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Annalyciababy » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:47 pm

Username: annalyciababy is my username.
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I'm fluent in English.
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: A friend I went to school with introduced me to this site recently.
What do you like best so far?: I love seeing all the various animals that have been created in here.
Any questions?: n/a
I do digital art and sketches for free, so if you want one pm me <3 I need the practice here's some of my sketches here:
https://annalyciababy.deviantart.com/gallery/

I am a holibomber!
    I have gifted 49 people.
    I have received 21 gifts.
I have nuked __ people.
I have received 2 nukes.
I have won __ gift wars.
I have lost __ gift wars.

Annalyciababy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby #Friesian » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:15 am

#Friesian wrote:Username: #Friesian
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): just english
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I've adopted a newbie before, and I helped them with some things that they asked about
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I've already adopted a newbie (not a reason, just throwing that out there), and it was great, being able to help someone new to CS figure out everything. I also like helping people, and it just feels nice to be able to help someone in something that I already know how to do.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: Usually Monday through Friday, sometimes on the weekends, usually from 20 minutes to, sometimes, hours.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: yes!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Absolutely!

re-applying
#Friesian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leilanii » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:36 pm

Username: Leilani_infinity
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: nothing
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Goatlings
What do you like best so far?: pets
Any questions?: can you give some pets?
leilanii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spencer Reid » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:24 pm

I have my newbie, and am reapplying!
MinaDog711 wrote:Username: MinaDog711
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): Spanish
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: No. I have had two newbies on here
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I have been on Chicken Smoothie for quite awhile now. At the time that I joined, I had a caring friend to show me the ropes and figure stuff out. When I joined, I was a COPPA player, so I didn't have too much to worry about. I focused on my pets and I was happy. When my birthday finally came, I decided to join a few roleplays and boy, was I inexperienced. Heh, I say that lightly, but I was probably more of a burden, a child that they had to babysit, to any roleplays that I joined, rather than a fun friend to roleplay with. I feel that I should be allowed to adopt a newbie partly to save any other roleplays from the bull in a china shop that I was and also so that they don't accept any unfair trades. When I joined, I was smart enough to decline the many upon many trades that I got for my vr bunny (I joined in December) and I would like to save someone else from that. I have since learned to lock my trade groups...
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I am online almost every day, for anywhere from four hours total per day during the week and five to six hours daily during the weekend. During the week I may pop in around 6 am, but I will most definitely be on in the evenings starting at 3:30ish. All times in Pacific Standard Time, or PST.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes, of course!
Spencer Reid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyromaniacal » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:51 pm

Kayoubi wrote:Username: Sno Leopard
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): I'm only fluent in English, sorry.
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: Yes, I have participated in this a couple times before (several years ago) and I frequent the help forum. Whenever I find someone who needs help and I can help them without being spammy/redundant, I try to help them. Over three years this adds up to quite a bit, so I'm disinclined to find all of them, but if you really want an example or something I'm sure I can dig one up. or just dig around here, this should have all the topics in the help/suggestions board that I've posted on
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I am very experienced with the site and I love to see new players come here and discover what a wonderful site CS is. It makes me really sad when I see someone join and then quit simply because they couldn't understand a site dynamic. I know a lot of the small, "secret" tricks on CS (such as the pageSize trick) as well as the fact that I am very comfortable with the site and community as a whole. I also have a bit of background in how computers/browsers/the Internet work in general and can be pretty good at troubleshooting whenever someone's having cache or other browser issues, given that I can get many of these myself. I've seen and dealt with a lot, and I'd really like to share this knowledge with someone who needs it!
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I get on CS every day for 2-4 hours throughout the day.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes

My newbie never asked a question since they were assigned to me in November. May I please be added back to the top of the list? They were adopted under my former username, Sno Leopard.
    linebreak
    ✧ ---------- PYRO - HE/ANY ---------- ✧
    SKILLS: Artist - Writer - Musicianii
    SPECIES: Simas - Obakefolkxixxxi
    FIXATIONS: Dinosaurs - Sonicxxx
    COMMISSIONS: Open for URsxxiii

----------------------------------------
    YOU COME TO THE SOBERING REALIZ-
    ATION THAT THINGS WILL NEVER STOP
    FROM KEEP HAPPENING CONSTANTLY.

✧ ------------------------------------------ ✧
Pyromaniacal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AquilaFuga » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:07 am

Thread Update

The following adopters have been accepted and will be added onto the list:

The following adopter forms have been declined for the following reasons:
  • Form was inadequate, either did not provide enough information for us to make a decision or it simply did not give us confidence that you could adequately help a newbie. If you are not sure how you can fix this, you may PM a thread-mod about it.

The following newbies have been assigned the following adopters:

Newbies, your adopter will be messaged shortly to notify them that they have been assigned to you, and will hopefully be able to answer all your questions. If they don't contact you within around a week, or if you're having other problems such as they're being rude to you, you don't understand their explanations, or anything like that, you can PM one of our thread mods, and we will assign you to a new adopter as soon as we can.

Our mods are;
>> Celozon, AquilaFuga, Panne, Porcelaine, Fat Unicorn and Nadine.

In the meantime, I would suggest that you take a little look at the Newbie Guide & Index, if you haven't already. It has some great tips, and could help you while you wait for your adopter.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    xHello. Call me Aquila.
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

AquilaFuga
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me