Adopt a Newbie

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby KittyandCat » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:48 am

Username: KittyandCat
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): N/A
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: N/A
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I believe I should be allowed to adopt a newbie because I’m capable of helping someone around CS and to learn about it. I understand what it’s like being new, and how daunting the website can be, especially the forums. But as I’ve been here for around two years since I joined, I now know how to navigate and realize it wasn’t as scary as it looked. I’d like to show other CS newbies how fun this site really is, and how it’s no where near as scary and complicated as it can look at first!
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I get on every day, usually 4 hours or more on the average weekdays, but usually all days on weekends
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes ma’am/sir
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times? Yes ma’am/sir

he/him | EST

-flight rising

Image Image
KittyandCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Willilow » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:22 pm

Username: Willilow
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: It's English :3
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Through plugs on Flight Rising
What do you like best so far?: adopting so very many babies
Any questions?: not really, the guides really helped
Willilow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:35 am

Thread Update

The following adopters have been accepted and will be added onto the list:

The following newbies have been assigned the following adopters:

Newbies, your adopter will be messaged shortly to notify them that they have been assigned to you, and will hopefully be able to answer all your questions. If they don't contact you within around a week, or if you're having other problems such as they're being rude to you, you don't understand their explanations, or anything like that, you can PM one of our thread mods, and we will assign you to a new adopter as soon as we can.

Our mods are;
>> AquilaFuga - axelandria - Burrito Bunny

In the meantime, I would suggest that you take a little look at the Newbie Guide & Index, if you haven't already. It has some great tips, and could help you while you wait for your adopter.

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (they/she)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby desiily » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:32 pm

Username:desiily
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: English.
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: By googling games like Wajas.
What do you like best so far?: The pets ofc
Any questions?: None for right now.
Last edited by desiily on Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
desiily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Boneabii » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:28 pm

Username: Boneabii
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): Nope.
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: A newbie sent me an unfair trade which I edited into a gift, and offered to answer some questions and explain some stuff. The user PMed me, and I explained trading and pet worths and stuff, and answered questions. I deleted the PMs because they were taking up space, but it happened. I stalk the FTT and pet worth thread, and help people on there sometimes.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I genuinely like helping people. I suffer from anxiety and depression, and being able to take my mind off my worries by explaining things really helps my anxiety, and having someone that benefits from my help makes me feel like I’m a good person, especially since this quarantine keeps me from going outside and talking to people. At school I’m a bit of a nerd, but hours of watching biology and psychology and genetic documentaries has let me be a help. My friends often ask me for help on essays and homework and stuff, and so I can be trusted with not disappearing or getting bored. (I like this kind of thing and feel awful when I abandon my responsibilities.) I know quite a bit about the Rares List, demand, trading, BBCode, and a lot more, too. When I first joined CS, I was absolutely clueless. I made what I think is a giant fool of myself, and I was terrified of the forums and tried to sound cool but never really succeeded. I made awful trades and embarrassed myself, and when people would gift me I would cancel the trade, since I didn’t understand that people were being nice. I had no one to explain this giant thing for me, and I ended up losing a lot of things I could have had. I still am mad at myself for deleting about a jillion pets.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I get on around twice a day, and these visits are an hour or two, three at the most.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: yes, I did.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: I agree.
I sent my newbie a PM, and they never replied. Can I be put back on the list?
Last edited by Boneabii on Sun May 10, 2020 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boneabii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby timelord56 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:36 am

Username: timelord56
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: n/a
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I heard some older students at my school talking about it.
What do you like best so far?: Definitely the brightly coloured creatures!! I also really enjoy collecting stuff aswell :)
Any questions?: n/a
timelord56

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gator13 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:52 pm

Username: gator13
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: n/a
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: my girlfriend
What do you like best so far?: it seems very interactive and addicting
Any questions?: so many but i am not sure where to even start
gator13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AquilaFuga » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:32 pm

Thread Update

The following adopters have been accepted and will be added onto the list:

The following underage adopters have been accepted and will be placed on the list;

The following newbies have been assigned the following adopters:

Newbies, your adopter will be messaged shortly to notify them that they have been assigned to you, and will hopefully be able to answer all your questions. If they don't contact you within around a week, or if you're having other problems such as they're being rude to you, you don't understand their explanations, or anything like that, you can PM one of our thread mods, and we will assign you to a new adopter as soon as we can.

Our mods are;
>> AquilaFuga - axelandria - Burrito Bunny

In the meantime, I would suggest that you take a little look at the Newbie Guide & Index, if you haven't already. It has some great tips, and could help you while you wait for your adopter.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    xHello. Call me Aquila.
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

AquilaFuga
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lacke » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:38 pm

i used to be an adopter, but i figured i'd fill a form out once again!

Username: lacke
    Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): just a bit of spanish, still working on it!
    Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: i used to be an adopter here, but have been somewhat inactive since late 2019. however, i have made some posts on the introduction thread, some like this! i'm not sure if that applies however.
    Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: i remember when i was a new user, i had no idea what i was doing. i was pretty lost and confused, and i remember asking a friend who had been here previously on tips and what to do correctly. i appreciated them helping me and i then came to realize that i too enjoy helping people and i hate to see new people, even in real life, run away from situations because they do not understand, and i feel like i could help somebody out!
    How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: due to everything moving online because of covid 19, i actually have TONS of freetime. i check in here periodically throughout the day, even on mobile. i'd say i'm usually hovering here/being active on my laptop for a total of 6 hours a day at least!
    Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: i did!
    Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: i do!
lacke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:48 pm

Username: .Sunflower.
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): No
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I've gave out a couple tips by PM & successfully guided 2 friends into CS but not something like this
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: because I remember how hard it is to play CS when you don't know how to play, I really want to help someone & lead them into the life of CS
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: because if Quaratine I'm normally on at least once a day for 2-3 hours
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: I did
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course! ♡
Last edited by Guest on Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.