Applications open for: Oekaki Moderator(age 16+) NOW CLOSED

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Applications open for: Oekaki Moderator (age 16+)

Postby KitKat 94 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:28 pm

(1) What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply): Apr 08, 2010
(2) How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply): 636
(3) How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: 7 days a week
(4) How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: Anywhere between 2-5 hours/day
(5) Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: No
(6) Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?: Yes
(7) Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?: Yes
(8) Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?: I've been a member here for awhile and want to be more involved. I also have a lot more time than I used to that could be used doing something productive. Plus I love the oekaki forums, there are so many talented artists on CS!
(9) Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?): I was a school peer mediator for 2 years. I was also police explorer for 3 years, (the police explorers is a branch of the boy scouts learning for life program, and is open to both males and females) where members learn aspects of law enforcement such as resolving conflict and enforcing rules/laws.
KitKat 94

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eurydice » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:37 am

Please DO NOT APPLY if you...

...just want the job so that you can get free pets/custom pets/make pets for cs/etc - that's not what the job involves.

I didn't know this when i was about to apply so i wouldn't want this job just to get free pets or something...

...have previously had warnings for bullying, fighting, cheating, or art theft; unless these warnings were later cleared by a staff member, happened a long time ago, or were not particularly serious (e.g. forgot to credit a reference properly)

I have had 1 warning for fighting but it was cleared i think
And it wasn't serious fighting, it was more like debating, either way I thought I might want to add that .
I'm generally a nice person, and I wasn't bein very fight like during that time. Either way I was warned ad I think it was cleared a while back.

...have been a member for less than 6 months

I joined last year in February

...have made fewer than 300 forum posts

I have more than 900

...have never shown any interest in visiting or using the oekaki boards before - we don't want you for the job if you wouldn't normally go near the place.

I love looking at people post mostly on the weekly challenge and i have seen many things like "That's ugly" and stuff like that which i have tried to clear up but i leave it to the mods. It's their job.

...spend less than 2 hours on CS on your average day

Ummm..... i spend more than 2 hours a day

...are 15 or younger.

So, do you think you have got what it takes to be a CS oekaki moderator?

APPLICATON
What date did you register as a CS member?: February 20th, 2013
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 948
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7 ( All the time)
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? more than 2
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
many moons ago- viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2177391
and Thunderpack- viewtopic.php?f=65&t=2180052

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?

Honestly i would say latley i have been using it, but sadly only one of my 3 computers ( i still live with my parents) allows Oekaki. I am attempting to clear that.
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
Well.....
All the time. weekly challenge is my favorite
I also comment nice things on like everyone's posts. especially the like REALLY REALLY REALLY good ones!
Like it belongs in an art museum!

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?

To help around CS I hate to see people steal art. Its unnatural and rude.
Also, i try to help people who get rude replies from people. When someone says " Your art is terrible," or " You stink at drawing" it definitely hurts people. i have tried helping out before, but usually when i do people ignore me because i am not a moderator. I want this position to help people.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?) I can help out with drawing, and clean up the rude comments on peoples art. I think anyone can draw, if they put there heart to it. No one has the right to say anything mean either. i want to help out on CS and make this site better ( if that's possible, its already PERFECT!) Also, i have resolved many conflicts of people around my age (not going to say exact age, just know i am in my late teens and still in school so that can only give you 2 different ages.) and in my school system.I have also used the oekaki tools a lot so i know what everyone does if anyone needs help!
Also, i check out all different types of art forums and know my way around. I'm positive i can help! Plus, i want to be a bigger part of CS, and use my computer skills and help oekaki organized and Bully/inappropriate FREE, so no more of that stuff.

Also I wanted to add....

Also If someone has made fun of your post, you can talk to me if there aren't any mods around, and I'll help best i can. Or if they made inappropriate copies.

I'm always here to help! I will also help on other forums, but i can't o much because i'm not a mod or anything so people usually don't listen to me. I can probably control more on Oekaki than RP and Main discussion forums
Note to Tess:
I have always dreamed of becoming part of the CS team! I really enjoy this site and hope that if it isn't me who makes the cut,its someone who helps EVEN MORE! And This site is perfect, so when put "make it better" IDK how i could get better.
Last edited by Eurydice on Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Aries☼Aries☽Virgo↑⁎ ENFP ⁎ Adult ⁎ She/her
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Eurydice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DrinaLestrange » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:59 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: January 12th, 2012
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 6,718
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I visit CS daily.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Anywhere from 2.5-5 or 6 hours...I'm sort of addicted
Have you moderated on any other forums before? Not unless you count admining pages on facebook and removing posts from people who spammed or were rude on the pages.
Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? Yes, I do quite a bit with the oekaki.
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? Yes, I love looking at the art users post.
Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? I spend a lot of time in the oekaki boards and find myself reporting topics that are posted in the wrong forum a good deal of the time, so if I could help with it it'd be fantastic, I'd love to help be a part of keeping the oekaki organized and neat. It would also be a good chance to gain skills I can use in jobs and in life in general. (Get better at peer mediation, learning how to move things from one forum to another, that'd actually be pretty awesome to learn, I'm curious as to how it's done)
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? I have experience in peer mediation from working for Bible Camp, girl scouts, and admining pages on facebook, as well as being a peace-maker between people I went to school with, however I believe there is always room for improvement.
thank you for your consideration.
Chloe born June 2nd 2015!
Anastasia born April 23 2019!
Monroe born September 28 2023!
Beckett due November 30th 2024!
My birthday is Feb 9th!
DrinaLestrange

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jericho » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:22 am

Hello whomever may be reading this post!
My username is Foxtrot55, though I honestly prefer to be called Fox.
Thank you for taking the time to read through my form and hopefully consider me for the position of Oekaki Moderator.

1. What date did you register as a CS member?:
    I joined on Wednesday April 14, 2010.

2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
    In total (not including this post) I have made 12,975 posts.

3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
    I visit everyday, sometimes less on certain days but I do make sure to log on at least once a day in order to check the forums, answer private messages, etc.

4. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:
    4+ hours on a good day (in total), and 1-2 hours on bad days.

5. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:
    Over the past few years I was a roleplay moderator for frazzledchickens.formspring.com which unfortunately needed to shut down due to the fact that the Owner and main admin had given birth and could no longer run it. I am also an administrator for a website known as Freedomtoroleplay.com where I am daily reading things that are written by older users (therefore, we have more mature content such as gory death scenes.), as well as giving warning and correcting poor behavior. I am also a main critique for The Critique Cafe where I must politely give feedback, and I am also part of the Critique staff at the Symphony Character Adoption Agency.

6. Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
    Yes, not as much as I used to, and many of my drawing I've gotten deleted by moderators (After I had asked them to remove certain ones) due to the fact that I wanted to keep the art people can see as professional looking as possible (not all my random scribbles and other things). I personally prefer to use other programs such as Gimp, SAI Paint Tool, Photoshop, etc.

7. Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?:
    All the time, I have not been too active with posting but will post on artwork that really catches my eye and will vote for many drawings.

8. Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?:
    I would like to be an Oekaki moderator for Chicken Smoothie to be able to assist this wonderful site that I’ve grown to love. I have already been doing my very best to answer questions and report rule breaking content wherever I spot it in order to prepare myself for positions like this. I am so glad to finally have the chance to give back to this wonderful site.

Art for me is a peaceful thing, even simply doodling has helped me get through many bad times in my life. It breaks my heart when I see people getting in fights or posting negative comments on other people's artwork as I know how hard that would be on me if it had happened to me (which it did on many occasions). I feel that useless with the abilities I have to stop it right now, yes I can report but there is no way for me to really correct the behavior.

9. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?):
    I have taken many leadership courses before including leadership seminars, six week programs, and additional self-taught communication and leadership courses. I have been an employee in many workplaces before and even owned my own business for three years.

And some additional things that may help:
    1. I can speak french as well as English.
    2. My workplace experience has made me very unbiased.
    3. I am very dedicated and a workaholic (the good kind) so I am not afraid of large work loads.
    4. I am very organized and make always make sure everything is where it belongs.
    5. I am friendly and helpful.
    6. I haven't changed my username in years so other users will never have a problem locating me.
    7. I have been a writing and art critique for a very long time
    8. Fun Fact about me: My 'slogan' is "Be friendly but firm." which applies greatly to all moderator positions
    9. I am an adult player

Thank you so much for considering me and the other applicants for this position, I'm sure I can speak for everyone when I say that we are happy to be able to serve this site. It is a true pleasure to have the chance to apply for moderator positions.

Thank you once more!
- Fox -
Last edited by Jericho on Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Jericho

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allynabean » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:39 am

Hello! I'm allyna910, but I would prefer you call me Ally or Allyna.
Thank you for eading this and I hope that I am carefully considered for this job!

What date did you register as a CS member?:
I joined CS on Wed Nov 21, 2012
How many posts have you made in the forum:
4099 (4100 including this post)
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
At least three, usually more.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
On a bad day, anywhere from 0minutes to 30 minutes and on a good day, anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours.
Have you moderated on any other forums before?:
No, this would be my first.
All the time! Can't say I'm the best at drawing, but I love to.
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
Yep. Other people's art is interesting!
Well, I've been on CS for a while and just saw this post today and thought Why hey! I missed on the general moderators applications; why not try out for oekaki moderator?!
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?:
Well, I know how to use oekaki really well. I know what all the buttons do and things like that... I don't really know other than that. I'm friendly and try to be helpful, and I love to draw and doodle. Even if the artist is not very experienced, I still appreciate their art.
╔══════════════════╗
ally || she/they || adult
╚══════════════════╝
╔══════════════════╗
stars || fcats || moonclan
╚══════════════════╝
art by nio

Image Image Image
allynabean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PrismPaws » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:45 am

- What date did you register as a CS member?:
Friday, Oct 16, 2009

- How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

- How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
7 days a week, unless I happen to get really busy with school. I always try to get on at least once a day, even if I'm busy.

- How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
It really ranges, depending on how busy I am. It's usually anywhere from 2-5, sometimes up to 7-8 hours per day.

- Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
I did moderate my own small Pokemon forum a few years back, but it was taken down a long time ago. Other than that, I don't have any moderator experience.

- Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
Yes! I use it sometimes when I think about starting up my own species, but I usually end up deleting the sketches. I tend to draw more on SAI now, so I don't use the Oekaki as frequently anymore. I usually use Oekaki so I can get some base sketches or poses down for when I'm actually ready to start my species. I did use a lot a few years back.

- Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
Of course! I don't comment on the pictures that much, but I love to browse the forums to see other peoples' art. I go through recent pages for inspiration if I'm ever feeling like I'm stuck in a rut, art-wise. Overall, I just really love to see other peoples' art that they've worked hard on.

- Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
I've always wanted to be a moderator on CS, even back in 2009. I haven't applied for any other positions because I didn't think that any of them suited me, but I think that being an Oekaki moderator would be the right place for me. I love browsing the Oekaki boards for new art, and I've always been willing to answer questions when people PM me for help. I think that combining art and helping others out is the right position for me to apply to.

- Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
While I'm no expert myself, I could try to give others advice for their art to help them improve. I'm pretty good at handling situations regarding other people in a calm manner, so I also think that it would be a valuable part in being a moderator of any kind. I've always had an open inbox for anyone that needed to ask a question, and I'm always willing to help them out.

Thank you so much for your consideration!

★ K I L O ★
Lil Toothy Saber
They/Them

Feel free to message me any time! I don't bite
PrismPaws

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aoka » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:07 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply) May 27, 2013
2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the
time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) 3328+
3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?every day
4. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS,
on a day that you do visit? over 6 howsers a day
5. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If
so, please link to them yes i have about 4 i will give the links tomarrow http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=2227430 http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=2066273&p=69430570#p69430570 http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583251 http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2021885
6. Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? Yes
7. Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki
board just to look at the art posted there? yes i spend a lot of time about 3 howers or going back and forth
8. Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? I like see how pple draw and how cool they look, i want to be a moderator because i want to help out around here. I love hanging out and helping people with anything. I am on a lot and always read the rules and make sure no one is braking then
9. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to
the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton
of experience using the oekaki program?) I am very trust worth, i have worked on different sites and moditored them. i help a lot out, i have made two of my own sites for my job and i do know a lot about okeaki promrame and i have experience with it. i can do everything once and not forget it

thankyou for your time
Last edited by Aoka on Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
I finally put it all together,
But nothing really lasts forever
I had to make a choice that was not mine,
I had to say goodbye for the last time
I kept my whole life in suitcase,
Never really stayed in one place
Maybe that's the way it should be,
You know I live my life like a gypsy
I've said it so many times
I would change my ways
No, nevermind
God knows I've tried
Call me a sinner, call me a saint
Tell me it's over I'll still love you the same
Call me your favorite, call me the worst
Tell me it's over I don't want you to hurt
It's all that I can say. So, I'll be on my way
I'll always keep you inside, you healed my
Heart and my life... And you know I try.
Aoka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ℱ ᴀ ɪ ʀ ʏ Ƭ ᴀ ɪ ℒ » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:20 am

Sun Feb 05, 2012

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

I visit cs everyday :3

Well cs basically runs my life, well most of it. If I am not at school I am on here basically all day however if I do have school I will be on for 5 hours a day

Unfortunately I have not been a moderator anywhere else however I am mature enough to understand and know what to do as a mod and how the role should be carried out.

Yes I have and realized how bad I was at drawing on the computer xD, I prefer to draw on paper however yes I am familiar with the tools of the oekaki.

I will spend 2 hours browsing the art in the forum as I love to draw myself and like to see how great over people are at drawing and to see their creativity.

I would like to become and oekaki moderator here on cs as art is my passion as I love to draw and have been drawing since I was a young kid, I love to see other people's artwork and of course I am in no position to give constructive criticism if asked for it however I love to see their artwork also. However one thing which I do hate to see is when a user has harsh comments or comments that will put them down on their artwork such as if a user comments that specific artwork is terrible. As anyone should applying for this role, I know that this is unacceptable and rude, fair enough if you have an opinion of their artwork however if you have nothing nice to say then why should you post nasty comments just to bring that user down? I hate to see this and that was just an example however it would be great if I could help out these users and remove the comments and cheer the users up so that the community here can remain as great as it is. Now of course once that user sending the negative comment has received a warning they may be angry and send me a rude message however I will need to remain calm and explain to them why they have received the warning which I shall do in the warning anyway but it is important to stay calm in this role and it is a crucial part.

After spending time drawing on the oekaki myself which at times can take a bit of time to finish I understand that users do not want their art stolen. If you were to spend 5 hours drawing a masterpiece you would not want a user to proclaim that piece of art as their own. I would like to be able to make sure that the correct users are given correct for their artwork and that no other users steal the art, of course I shall explain to that user that they have stolen art but once again shall remain calm :}

I know that being a moderator on here or just even a general helper is a commitment which you make and that you have to dedicate your time to help the other users, delve yourself more into the community and keep it happy. I have a lot of free time on my hands and I am on cs quite a lot. I can give up the free time to help other users and help out in the oekaki section. I feel that it is time for me to give something back to you awesome people. Here is my chance to give back by helping others users and keeping things in check.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
Well I'm not particularly good at drawing so I won't be giving any tutorials on how to draw foxes anytime soon xD. Anyways on a serious note however bad I am at drawing with the oekaki I am familiar with the tools and what they do so will be able to answer questions about the tools of the oekaki and explain how to use it.

I also know some html coding and a little bit of javascript if this helps to solve errors that users may face such as the chibi paint error which I had come across myself. However most important of all I am mature enough to be level-headed and not let my anger get out when doing the tasks and dealing with the reports that are sent, it is important also not to be biased in the role and be able to leave both users satisfied.

Thanks for reading and good luck in filling the spots ;}
Last edited by ℱ ᴀ ɪ ʀ ʏ Ƭ ᴀ ɪ ℒ on Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
ℱ ᴀ ɪ ʀ ʏ Ƭ ᴀ ɪ ℒ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby versicolor » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:44 am

Wed Feb 18, 2009

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

7 days a week for the most part.

usually 3-4 hours on the weekdays. 4+ on the weekends. I do also check CS on my phone a lot when I'm at school, when I have a break or something like that.

No I have not.

yes I have! It's not the primary program I use, but I've found some things I admire about it that I don't find on other programs c: I especially like using it to make character designs!

Yes! I actually love to just browse the forums and look at all the lovely art. There are so many talented artists on here! I think it's super cool how we have such a range of different talent and styles on this site. I don't really comment or give critiques though, since its not something I think I'd be good at to be honest. Nevertheless, I do like to admire all the beautiful art this site has to offer!

Well, I'd like to think that I'm suited for the job! I've been on CS for a long time, and I'd love to be able to give back to such a wonderful community that's kept me here for all these years. Unfortunately, there are those that feel the need to break the rules, and I'd like to help keep those people from running rampant on the site. I hate seeing negative comments in general, but I think its especially worse when they're on someone's artwork. I'd like to help keep the oekaki forums friendly and clean of such hurtful things. I know my gallery itself is a bit sparse, but I do like to use oekaki from time to time. I think it's a great way to share your art with the community and to use as an outlet for self-expression! I think oekaki is a wonderful tool for artists to use, and I hate to see it misused in ways that break the rules. I feel especially strongly about art theft, and I would love to be able to help people realize their mistakes and help them reference/credit correctly.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
Well, if it counts, I help teach a Sunday school class full of 2nd and 3rd graders at my church. While I know that users on CS aren't that young (or at least I hope not!), the position has taught me to be more patient, kind, and understanding of others. Young kids don't always understand what they do wrong, or they get their feeling hurt easily, so when dealing with them, I had to be firm and able to explain things in ways that they would understand.

In addition, during summer I was an LIT at a sleep away camp for a few years. In order to get this position, I had to attend a leadership weekend, and we had several monthly meetings before camp started in order to learn how to be effective leaders during camp. I was in charge of a cabin full of campers ages 9-12, and I was responsible for their well-being. I would often have to mediate conflicts that came up between the girls in the cabin and make sure everyone was adhering to camp rules. I had to act in a fair, un-biased, and level-headed way. I made sure everyone was enjoying themselves, and if someone had a problem, they came to me. I think I would be able to apply these skills that I've gained from these experiences to this position well.

I'd also like to think that I'm fairly proficient in using the oekaki feature of this site. I know how the program works and am able to use the features well, I'd say. I know several tips and tricks in the program and I'd of course be open to answering any questions anyone may have about it!

Thank you so much for considering me!
Last edited by versicolor on Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dream pet acheived 1/6/14 ♥
Yo I used to be Jelli.
versicolor (adj.) - 1. changing in color, iridescent: versicolor skies.
2. of various colors

ask.fm
mac and cheese
versicolor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sappy » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:28 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:56 pm

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)

3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?

Quite Often, usually everyday.

4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Around 2-4 Hours per day.

5.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
http://kheetaria.x10.mx/memberlist.php? ... file&u=812
I'm actually a moderator on Kheetaria, and one job I do on there is I clean the moderation queue feed, which can consist of spam and inappropriate topics.

6.Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
Quite often really. I like to draw digital art, though I am not so good at it. I also enjoy browsing the forum looking at other's artwork.

7.Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
Yes I Do. I love to see each and every individual's styles of art and sometimes their story behind the art they have created or made. I also like to help people who want redlines / suggestions on their art.

8.Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
I would like to be a moderator, because it would grant me more time and work browsing the topics and forum posts, and especially since it also gives me access to see more and more art work while looking through the posts. I also believe I can help guide people with inappropriate or reported posts into a more friendly direction so that they don't do the wrong they have done again. When I correct people, I always try to do it in a friendly yet not extremely forceful way. I enjoy quoting the rules, so that they know that what they did was already something that was not to be done.

I feel like on CS there is a lot of young children, and seeing inappropriate things or bothering artwork that is against rules, may disorient them, and I want to help all members that enjoy doing art here on CS. Also since there are a lot of kids on here, some may post immature and un-needed posts against rules, harming or upsetting another. I would love to help them and direct them into a more focused and friendly environment for all members here on CS. I would also like to correct those who have posted in the wrong part of the forums. I'm also very handy with art theft, since I browse many sites.

9.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?
Indeed I have, and I like to bring people into a more understanding mode, where they can calm down and understand why what they did is not allowed, and the reason we have a rule for it. Peer Meditation-Wise; I understand that a lot of people in this world have short tempers, anger issues, and more and that they don't enjoy being corrected, I don't either, but if they can be brought to an clear and friendly understanding on what the issue is and how they can fix it, I believe they will be submissive and follow through. Like I've repeated a lot honestly is a "understanding mode" which in my eyes is where the person is calm, collected, and will understand why and what they did without getting angry.

Thank You for you consideration, and for reading my application!

x sloth enthusiast
x steam
Sappy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me