Rarity system updated to add 4 new categories!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Rarity system updated to add 4 new categories!

Postby Larkspur1678 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:57 am

The new OMG so rares are interesting, almost all monthly releases through Sept 08 are now in that category. Very eager to see how this impacts trading, especially the 'rares list'!

Adult • She/they
Toyhouse

Icon by MRLFRK on FA
Animation by DarkMoonRay on Twitter
Larkspur1678

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Trick or' treat » Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:58 am

Loelya wrote:
Trick or' treat wrote:I'm now confused with all the new rarities. Will there be an update to the "how the CS trading system works" thread or am I gonna have to figure this out by myself? I just joined last month so I'm gonna be like, "I don't know how Rarities work still". Is there perhaps newbie guides to trading or are they all old?

there will undoubtedly be users pitching in to make new guides and give advice! ^^ the CS community is really good about covering bases in regards to guides & newbie help. but give folks some time because it can take effort to structure a good, comprehensive guide.

Okay, thank you for so much for letting me know. I just got the hang of the old Rarities to now experience new Rarities and I get overwhelmed and overstimulated easily. I haven't really done an actual trade yet but I'm probably gonna wait until new updated guides come out before trying trading. I'm now also experiencing the very very small font for the new Rarities update and I'm pretty blind. I'm hoping I can just try and remember the Rarities by color, but I have difficulties with colors as I'm color blind to some colors lol
Lights are off
Trick or' treat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby slushy puppy » Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:59 am

:silent:
Last edited by slushy puppy on Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
slushy puppy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Audrey_Bee » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:00 pm

Ahhhhh finally!!! I'm so excitedddd!!!!<3<3<3<3<3<3
Audrey_Bee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Larkspur1678 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:01 pm

Trick or' treat wrote:
Loelya wrote:
Trick or' treat wrote:I'm now confused with all the new rarities. Will there be an update to the "how the CS trading system works" thread or am I gonna have to figure this out by myself? I just joined last month so I'm gonna be like, "I don't know how Rarities work still". Is there perhaps newbie guides to trading or are they all old?

there will undoubtedly be users pitching in to make new guides and give advice! ^^ the CS community is really good about covering bases in regards to guides & newbie help. but give folks some time because it can take effort to structure a good, comprehensive guide.

Okay, thank you for so much for letting me know. I just got the hang of the old Rarities to now experience new Rarities and I get overwhelmed and overstimulated easily. I haven't really done an actual trade yet but I'm probably gonna wait until new updated guides come out before trying trading. I'm now also experiencing the very very small font for the new Rarities update and I'm pretty blind. I'm hoping I can just try and remember the Rarities by color, but I have difficulties with colors as I'm color blind to some colors lol

The colored stars option might work better for you, you can change it from the "Change pet display settings" link under any pet group ^^ That way you can count how many stars a pet is worth.

On a trading note - everyone is going to be overwhelmed, its gonna take a bit for the community to sort things out so i'd hold on a few weeks atleast to see how everything shakes out. You are far from alone in your confusion!

Adult • She/they
Toyhouse

Icon by MRLFRK on FA
Animation by DarkMoonRay on Twitter
Larkspur1678

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cchipk » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:02 pm

so exciting!!!! i love having more specificity, especially the unknown and unknown still growing <3 thanks!!!!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
help me with my hoard!
cchipk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Audrey_Bee » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:03 pm

Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

THIS BABY LOOKS SO CUTE IN PINK!!
Audrey_Bee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iHolli » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:04 pm

{I just want to say I absolutely adore how the new rarity bars look, I switched to the stars right away! I'm not looking forward to reworking pricing for my trade group, but I think overall this should be a really helpful update and I hope it'll balance out the trade economy in time.}

.Holli.
iHolli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Trick or' treat » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:04 pm

Larkspur1678 wrote:
Loelya wrote:

The colored stars option might work better for you, you can change it from the "Change pet display settings" link under any pet group ^^ That way you can count how many stars a pet is worth.

On a trading note - everyone is going to be overwhelmed, its gonna take a bit for the community to sort things out so i'd hold on a few weeks atleast to see how everything shakes out. You are far from alone in your confusion!

Thank you Larkspur. I get the community will be overwhelmed for awhile until things get situated again. Also, thank you for your advice for the stars, I'm probably gonna use that idea because I have my phone all the way up to my nose when I was trying to read the rarities. I thought one of my pets turned omg so rare but it was the system update. 😅
Lights are off
Trick or' treat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loelya » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:07 pm

I have pet litters I’ve collected that used to be all uncommon, that are now mixes of uncommons, rares, and very rares. 🤯 this is amazing! the extra specificity makes such a huge difference and even though I know this will shake up trading significantly for a while, once the dust settles, there will be so much less guesswork to do on pet values. this is such a great informative update. thank you staff!
ImageImage
~ and here you are, continuing on,
despite how hard it's been ~

adult || she/shey/they
"Build-Your-Own" Editables
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups