Artist ZeroToInfinity [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour
Drawing sessions 4

Entry #3

Postby ZeroToInfinity » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:16 am

Username - dino cat
Have you designed for adopts before? - Yes. Older than Time
Are you fairly active? - Yes.
Do you have discord? - Unfortunately not, it would be really difficult to get it, but I might be able to figure out a way to, I might not be super active though.
What position are you looking for? - Ghost Artist
Have you read the rules? - Yes.
Do you have experience with writing/understanding the phenotypes? - Sorta, but I would love/need to learn more.
Are you open to constructive critique/advice? - Yes, definitely.

Breed - Golden Retriever MIx
Coat - Fawn with Piebald
We're a system. We will most often sign off with who's fronting.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ZeroToInfinity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Entry #3

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:38 am

Your anatomy has certainly improved since i last saw it, well done! However the coat itself would be considered too unrealistic.
The colors themselves are far too saturated for realistic colors and the coat is almost reverse of what a proper Piebald would be. Fawn is more along the lines of this color however golden retrievers for example end up a little more like this. Both are less saturated in comparison to the entry, but color is a semi-easy fix.
Piebald is mostly white with spots of color, as seen here and here (both are fawn piebald). There is also Irish and Residual white but no white pattern follows what you have in the entry unfortunately. The white patterning would be considered too unrealistic.
The nose should be black unless the dog has Red Recessive gene with Liver or Isabella (isabella would cause the red to lighten to cream most likely).

Unfortunately until discord is able to be used you are less likely to be considered as all staff discussions take place on discord </3 my apologies.

However you can continue to make entries regardless until discord is more available to you and i will still be available to help or give critique.
~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ZeroToInfinity » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:07 am

Hopefully, that coat is better. I probably will continue to make entries just for the high-quality constructive criticism, which is very hard to find. Thank you!
We're a system. We will most often sign off with who's fronting.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ZeroToInfinity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:13 pm

dino cat wrote:Hopefully, that coat is better. I probably will continue to make entries just for the high-quality constructive criticism, which is very hard to find. Thank you!

Of course! I'm always willing to help.
The fawn itself is still very very saturated but otherwise the white is more in-line with how piebald is. Not perfect but certainly would be acceptable white level <3

Try desaturating it, by that I mean dulling the fawn down, rather than making the shade itself lighter.
~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me