Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Lambicorns Halloween // Story (Pt. 3) by ketsup

Based on Click to view
Artist ketsup [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 7 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
19 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Lambicorns Halloween // Story (Pt. 3)

Postby ketsup » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:20 am

As you head back toward the campground, you notice the general atmosphere around has a very soft haze of purple. This place seems to have a "night" cycle (where everything is dark and still) and a "day" cycle, which you are currently about to enter. It's almost the equivalent of a sunrise for whatever enchantment this place is under. The magic moon slowly shifts colors from cream to white and finally to icy blue. Things will be easier to see, soon, and the woods will be cast in a fairy-like blue twilight.

At the entrance to the camp is the figure of Sybil, as if she was waiting for you. She looks smaller than the last time you saw her? Or maybe it's just a trick of the odd light. When she sees lambicorns beginning to return, she rises and heads back to the bonfire for Fireside.

ImageImage

"Welcome back," Sybil smiles at the gathering crowd, as the campground is gradually illuminated in a soft, pale blue. Behind her, everything looks mostly set up. Only... there's definitely a set of tables hovering in the air... upside-down? Underneath the tables scattered everywhere is a whole MESS of papers and various crafting doodads. If you're listening closely past the fire crackles, you'll hear some commotion as a lambicorn–(oh, it's Frenchie from earlier)–comes running over to the tables and mess in a flurry.

Sybil notices some lambies looking and clears her throat loudly, drawing your attention back. The fire roars, growing and changing colors as it did the first "night." She positions herself rather casually in front of the flames, close to everyone's level, "So, I hope you're gotten yourself familiar with the area and the.. time change. As you've likely noticed, this is our 'morning' time, moon-day. The moon brightens and the woods' fae energy is strong, causing these little fairy lights to appear," she motions to a few of the tiny, glowing wisps floating about. "You can snooze, if you'd like, and start things back up at dusk. We really don't need you turning into zombicorns from an all-nighter. Well, unless you are already a zombicorn, I suppose."

She waves a claw at the area, "If you don't want to snooze though, I'd like to say things get a little less, ah, peculiar during moon-day. So it's a good time to relax, enjoy the party and play games. But–" she gestures back towards the distressed Frenchie and the craft table disaster, "–it seems we're starting things off with some more shenanigans. The Crafts Table has been flipped, and we aren't really sure how or who did it. And, the team games supplies are gone... everything from the game gear to the tallyboard." She huffs lightly, but doesn't really seem annoyed—it's amusement.

"And before you ask, no, it wasn't me." Sybil chuckles. She pauses, thinking, and suddenly leans in, much more engaged than before, "You haven't noticed anything... odd, have you? Or found anything? Oooh, I love some good dirt, so do fill me in if so."

If you're one of the more distractable types, looking past Sybil on the other side of the campground, there's a very large, very spooky-looking shadow on the treetops a ways off, and some movement between the trunk juuust past the tents. When you blink, the big shadow is gone. That's pretty spooky... what was it?

☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆

You can either snooze, break off from the Fireside group to poke around the campground, or fill Sybil in with any details that you might have seen/found! This can be written or drawn, but must be 50 words minimum to count!

This prompt closes tomorrow 10/25, at 10 pm CT!
Rewards will vary based on your snoozings, discoveries or answers! There's no wrong choice, so just pick whatever your lambie is most likely to go do!

Code: Select all
[center][b][i]Twilight at the campground...[/i][/b]
{ Respond with your lambie(s) IC for whatever you decide to do next! }
[/center]

Image Image
Image Image
⭐︎⏤⏤⏤⭐︎ ✐ Ket! ⭐︎⏤⏤⏤⭐︎
✨⭐︎ TH // dA // pfp ⭐︎✨
**I am currently on a CS Hiatus, apologies!!**
ketsup

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lambicorns Halloween // Story (Pt. 3)

Postby BlueberryOtter » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:10 pm

Twilight at the campground...
Lamby looked around, she was a little tired, but honestly felt too spooked to sleep. After reading the scratched words from the sign gave her chills. And the way Sybil looks oddly smaller. Did the words on the sign have anything to do with her? Perhaps she should keep the discovery of the sign to herself?

Lamby shook her head, she will poke around camp a bit, maybe the small walk will calm her nerves. Or make her paranoia worse. But whatever. . . she cautiously broke off from the group and made her way to wear she saw the very large shadow. She honestly shouldn't be, but her curiosity was stronger than her fear.
BlueberryOtter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KestrelTheFirecat » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:31 pm

Seafoam looks and desires to walks around the camp. She walks near the trees and smiles as the moon comes out. She walks closer to the fire and yawns as she lays down to sleep. She mumbles to brezze “well you can go look around brezze” The blue lambicorn smiles and says “okI’ll have fun” she walks over to a large tree and spots a creature lurking near the edge of the woods.
i have left
KestrelTheFirecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:40 pm

Beatrix didn't feel particularly tired - in fact, she felt rather energized by the fae magic around her. Being a sensitive, she was... well, sensitive to these sort of things. The dark-furred lambie decided that poking around the campground might be the best use of her time.
Intrigued by the floating tables, Beatrix took flight and made her way over to them. A remarkable trick, she marveled, fluttering around the tables so she could get a good look from every angle. Though it would've been nice to make some crafts. She glanced at the scattered materials on the ground below.
I wonder if that shadow creature I spotted earlier could be responsible? she mused, turning her attention towards the treeline. She could've sworn she'd seen something watching them from the forest mere moments ago...
Hi there!
I'm WitchHazel; your friendly neighborhood witch. You can call me Hazel for short c:
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dr. Paine » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:46 pm

Nocturne has settled herself off to the side of the camp, dozing as the moon began to rise. That was a bit of an advantage she had though, she thought- she could sleep, but explore the camp all the same. Her shadowy form went up to the tables, and Nocturne frowned, waving a paw... well, through them; one could only ignore instinct so much. Certainly odd... but the missing supplies seemed more of a concern. She made her way through the trees, thankful for the pale blue light- it would be so much easier now to find any clues, even if all she could do was tell Sybil where a single arm band was. Any discoveries would be better than nothing!
Dr. Paine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:31 pm

As they approached camp, the pair had to take in the strange sight before them with wide eyes. "Now thats a cool trick!" Kukan spoke, grinning widely behind her mask. As their options were spoken, the pair considered. "Well I do need my beauty sleep..."

"And Id rather NOT be a zombiecorn... lets both get some rest before tomorrow. We can take turns keeping watch." They nod, a pact of sorts formed, as one took to sleep while the other watched in hopes both could get enough rest to be fully energized for tomorrow!
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hamstermoon » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:20 pm

The three made their way back to the camp after the strange things they just witnessed, Cooper seemed completely fine though unlike Ria who at the moment could barely walk she was shivering so much. As for Tommy, he seemed to be a little late as he separated from the two to look further into the strangely moving treetops.
Cooper comforted their friend as they got closer to Sybil.
The second Cooper got the chance to speak again they happily rambled on about what they found, Ria correcting all of Coopers mistakes once she calmed down a bit more.
awhile later Tommy joined them explaining what he found as well though it wasn't really anything that Cooper hadn't already said.
Hamstermoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:43 am

Sleeper wasn't terribly easy to distract but that shadow had been caught in the corner of two of his four eyes and so his gaze had promptly snapped over to look at it. Once Sybil had finished speaking, Sleeper left the comforting glow of the fireside and made his way over to the trees, Sun's hazy form easily keeping pace.

"What manner of creature do you think it is?" Sun asked quietly though she had no need of being quiet, for Moon was the only one who could both see and hear her.

"I do not know but we had best be careful in our investigations, for if it is this Elder that Sybil spoke of? We do not wish to annoy" he replied softly as he moved into the shadow of the trees. There didn't seem to be anything there anymore, but there seemed to be a few more twigs and leaves scattered across the floor than usual. Had something or someone been messing with the tree?
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

── main story reply ──

Postby ~ moth ~ » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:17 am

xxxxxhaving taken a bit of a look around the camp to see where all the activities are placed, as well as to possibly spot anything spooky that may be going on, this group of four is drawn back to the campfire as sybil's voice brings about the attention of surrounding lambs. making their way over to her the group of four stands near the back, allowing for any of the shorter or smaller lambies to get closer to view her properly. well, it was zephyrus who wanted to stay in the back actually, the other three would have liked to be up front, but zeph had them all stay at the back with her. her excuse was that above about the shorter or smaller lambies, but really the large crowd around made her uncomfortable. she much more preferred not having anyone to her back as well as liked being in open spaces. cat-things i suppose. anyhoo, nearing the end of sybil's announcement zephyrus caught a dark form off in the far trees. her rainbow eyes veered off to catch a glimpse of the strange, almost lambie-shaped shadow, but it was gone. eyes narrowing she turned to the others, but none of them seemed to notice a thing. so this is the quote on quote "daytime"? luna asked, looking up at the sky, which was still quite dark if you ask her.
      xxxxxi don't see much of a difference, brooks stated, his eyes trying to catch a look at the supposed faeries that sybil mentioned.
      xxxxxit's faint, but yes, i notice the slight shift in light, bea spoke, turning to zephyrus. what do you think? she asked zephyrus. having been staring at that spot where the shadow was zephyrus suddenly blinked and looked to bea.
      xxxxxwhat? she asked, not having heard one bit of the conversation.
      xxxxxwe were talking about the moon-day. bea took a step toward zephyrus, glancing over her shoulder to where zephyrus had been looking a moment ago. turning back to zephyrus she said, are you okay? stiffening at the question zephyrus nodded.
      xxxxxyes. i think my eyes are playing tricks on me, i'm a bit tired, zephyrs uttered, still not completely sure what that shadow being may have been. it's true, zeph was tired, however, she was sure the shadow wasn't a figment of her sleep deprived imagination. offering a kind, sympathetic smile, bea nodded.
      xxxxxwe have been up all night, i think it's time we should get some rest. looking around for a moment bea searched the campground. there weren't any cabins for the lambs to sleep in, were there? no, it didn't seem like it. with the crowd dispersing bea herself started off, zephyrus following after her. zeph wanted to ask where they were going, but it became clear that bea had a place in mind. off in the camp there was a nice tree with low hanging branches, a willow perhaps? i saw this place earlier and thought it'd be a good place to sit! i think this'll also be a good place to rest for now. ducking below the low hanging branches zephyrus looked around. small faeries twinkled under the willow. off by the trunk bea laid down. zephyrus made her way over to bea, laying down by her side. their heads rest against each other, eyes shut, as they rested together.

xxxxxmeanwhile brooks and luna were still near the camp center. hey, where did zeph and bea go? the two looked around, unsure where their friends had gone off to. one minute they were all where sybil had been talking, the next they were gone.
      xxxxxoh my lambie gods the evil imps got to them! cried out brooks a little too loud and dramatically. his paws went to his face, pulling his cheeks down. how he managed to stand on his two back hooves all by themselves without standing in an upright position is a mystery, don't ask me. maybe the floating tables floating-ness is rubbing off on him. luna then went on to konk him on the head.
      xxxxxno, you dimwit, they're over there, she said with a strange look to brooks and pointing her horn over to the two lambs cuddled up with each other. brooks uttered a soft "oh".
      xxxxxwhile they're being a ll lovey dove, do you wanna explore a bit?
      xxxxxsure, why not. with that the witch and turtle boy went off to look around the camp for any strange happenings.
37aa79 - zeph, 5aa5b7 - bea, fca67c - brooks, 5b75b3 - luna

╰ ⋯ how the most dangerous thing . • ⊹ ╮

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⋯ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ◂ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⋯⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ↼╯
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀╰ is to love -

. • adrien - adult - they / he / she - aroace ⋆ ╮

╰ ⋯ how you will heal and rise above . • ⊹

───────────────────────────────────────────
x▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ╮

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⋮

. - • crowned by an overture ↼╯
bold and beyond . • ⋆

╰ ⋯ ah, it’s more courageous to ⋆
▸ — overcome ⊹ .

──────────────────────────

~ moth ~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby smoothie_strawberry » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:23 am

Spice decides to walk around the camp for a while. She had a bad feeling in her gut though that would not go away. She could have just snoozed or something but she wanted to help. She wondered were the others had gone because she saw no others. She panicked noticing she could not see anyone.
smoothie_strawberry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me