Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Galingale Striders V4 by ShadyBro

Based on Click to view
Artist ShadyBro [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 9 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Galingale Striders V4

Postby ShadyBro » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:24 am

These elegant creatures are considered the royalty of horses. Their slender bodies, height, and draped feathers are adored throughout the world. In the past some worshiped them, kept them as pets and beloved companions, while others poached them for their horns and feathers to wear as decoration. Now that they are critically endangered due to human mistreatment, those remaining in captivity are being bred and cared for to help reestablish their populations. Those in the wild live peacefully and stay in herds from 5 to 25 roaming in their territory. They have behaviors of both carnivores and herbivores, along with very high intelligence. Their feathers are used as camouflage in the wild as well as for mating dances. Galingales are well known for being affectionate and playful, especially mares, though they tend to be over-protective with their young.

• Glowing eyes at night.
  • Tri-toed hooves.
  • Long tattered ears.
  • Full-body length mane of feathers.
  • Reptilian tail.
  • Deer-like legs.
  • Canine teeth, males show fangs.
  • Males have horns.
  • They are omnivores.
  • Height is from 12hh - 15.3hh
  • Always have spots or dapples
  • Coat colors consist of most animals in the world.
    Rarity Coats:
    • Horses - Very Common
    • Non-Horse Hooved Animals - Common
    • Birds - Uncommon
    • Mammals - Rare
    • Reptiles, Aquatics, & Insects - Very Rare
      *feathers can be any color and design
    Combined coats take the rarity of the more rare breed if traits are shown.

. Artists can post as many adopts a month as they wish; minding quality over quantity.
    . Artists may create one personal custom of any rarity for every twenty-five adopts created.
    . Guest artists are only around for four weeks and can post up to ten adopts.
    . Guest artists may create one personal very common custom.
    . Artists may gift other staff (mods/archivist/helpers/etc) common customs whenever they please.
    . Remember that all designs must include spots or dapples of some sort.
    . One common for every ten very commons created per artist.
    . One uncommon for every fifteen commons created.
    . One rare for every twenty commons created.
    . One very rare for every twenty five commons created.
    . Stallions should be posted less frequently than mares
    . No paid/currency adopts allowed at this time.
    . Use the same form template as other adopts
    . Include the GS # in the title and be careful not to get mixed up
    . Remove background once adopted
    . No line edits allowed, but custom items/tack/companions/ect are fine
    . All GS require three personality traits to be listed, you can have adopters pick these or you can add them
    . Include rarity and the coat color/pattern inspiration (ex: chestnut horse, chocolate merle dog, green parakeet)
    . Never remove any artist signatures (can be moved if added items would otherwise cover it)

Currently Hiring: Archivist Position
    Please PM this form to ShadyBro
    Code: Select all
    Preferred name:
    Preferred pronouns:
    Discord handle:
    Link to coding examples:
    Link to previous archivist experience:

. You must have a storage thread with all your GS listed to be allowed to breed
    . A V4 galingale is not considered breedable until they have one completed training prompt
    . V4 Galingales have unlimited breeding slots if they were trained up to tier three during the time V3 was open
    . V1, V2, and untrained V3 Galingales are limited to three slots
    . V4 Galingales have ten breeding slots
    . There is a breeding cooldown of seven days for mares after a successful breeding (starting the day the foal is posted)
    . Stallions have no breeding cooldown
    . Gender will be randomly generated by the breeding artist (25% chance of a colt, 75% chance of a filly)
    . It is up to you to keep track of slots! If it is found that a mare or stallion has had too many foals then the newest foals will be revoked/readopted out and both parents will be sterilized regardless of who made the mistake
    . Foals can be bred four weeks after creation date
    . There is a 25% chance of uncommon-very rare coats passing, and 75% chance of very common-common coats passing in mixed rarity breedings
    . Galingales can only breed to their own specie, and only male to female naturally.
    . If two users are breeding their galingales, be sure to screenshot the permission (ensure CS usernames are included)
    . If two users are breeding their galingales, the foal will be owned by whomever posted the breeding request

. You may adopt one GS every 24 hours (foals and customs do not count toward the adoption cooldown)
    . Do not claim the species or make your own, this is a closed species
    . Do not claim an adopt if you are not the owner
    . Do not ask for a custom or to be staff
    . Selling, trading, or gifting is not allowed. If you no longer want your galingale strider, please inform the artist via PM so they can be put up for public readoption
    . V1, V2, & V3 galingales cannot be readopted. If you no longer want them they will be considered 'retired'
    . Please be polite to everyone! No whining, begging, or guilt others
    . Do not copy designs or create similar species to striders, will be considered as art theft. This always means no transferring a design to another species if you decide to leave/retire your striders
    . I reserve the right to re-adopt galingale striders from those that are banned permanently from GS for rule breaks or delete their CS account
    . Do not draw them any other way besides as this specie (no anthro, no species swap, no 'human form', etc)

Credits

Lineart: Neara | V1, Banner, & Thread Layout: Kitsyn | V2: adheline | V3 & Co-owner: KathrynKat
Last edited by Koikee on Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:15 am, edited 14 times in total.
Reason: Locked by request
ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Species Information

Postby ShadyBro » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:25 am

Kitsyn wrote:Not much is known about how long they have been living for, or where they first originate from. There is slight evidence that their ancestors could go all the way to the beginning of time when dinosaurs were around, and they were carnivores. Over time, they adapted to be omnivores and the galangal root became a major part of their diet. This brings people to believe that striders started in the Indonesia area and then migrated from there, but that wouldn't explain how they got to other continents after the drift. Original map image found here
First sight, they were referred to as the 'paradise horse' because of the elegant, royal feathers. In other parts of the world, they are thought to be created by Quetzalcoatl, a feathered serpent god. No one really knows for sure though how these majestic creatures came to be.
Since the galangal root was introduced to their diet, striders are known to live exceptionally long lives. In the wild they can live to their late 30s/early 40s. In captivity they can live to late 40s, and sometimes make it to 50. Males start to grow in their horns around the age of 2 and are fully developed by 5; also when they are strong enough to challenge other males and mate (fangs are shown at age 2).
Around the age of 28 the base of their feathers will start to turn white, and around age 34 they turn completely white.
Usually in herds the ratio is every 4 mares there is 1 stallion for mating. If there are more stallions for this ratio, then they compete for dominance; the losing strider sometimes may challenge another stallion in the herd since numbers are normally large (on average 17), but most often they either give up or leave to find another herd. Some stallions can become more attached to specific mares, so they may only fight for 1 or 2. This helps keep a healthy balance of having more stallions around for protection.
Mares can only carry one foal during pregnancy; if by chance they were to have twins, one wouldn't make it very far in the stages since enough nutrient isn't made to sustain two. Foals stay by their mother's side until about 7 months old; at that point they're allowed to be curious and venture around the area without supervision. It isn't until around 3 years old that they might leave the herd. Fillies usually don't, but colts typically wander off.
Their weight is generally between 770 lbs/350 kg to 1433 lbs/650 kg give or take respectively to their height when full grown. Stallions can weigh more than mares, except when they're pregnant.
Technically they can be ridden, but the feathers make it incredibly difficult and would get damaged. On the plus side, striders are surprisingly intelligent and can grow close bonds with humans. They can perform showings on their own without a rider and remember things easily, though they refuse to act in 'horse/strider' races. Halters also can't have a bit since it wouldn't fit right in their mouth due to having canine teeth.
Last edited by ShadyBro on Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Training & Show Information

Training
There are three tiers that you can train your GS to, each with their own prompts. This is the base training stat. Beyond that, showing your GS in official shows can increase their training tier all the way up to a maximum tier ten. Training is certainly not required, however you will need to complete at least one prompt to be able to enter your GS in shows or to breed them. Please remember that these specific training rules only apply to V4 galingales.

To increase your galingale's training tier, you must complete a prompt. These can be done through writing (200 word minimum) or drawing (no minimum skill level required, but it must be colored). Once you have completed the prompt, it should be posted onto your galingale's creation page. The artist will update the tier level once the prompt has been reviewed. Remember to read all information about their lore before getting started.

Tier One Prompt;
    Write or draw about the first time you met your galingale at the facility or at your home stables. Explore ideas such as, What is their personality like? How did they react to the situation? What kind of place did they come from before? What new things are you learning about them?

Tier Two Prompt;
    Write or draw about the first time you are able to groom or collar your galingale. Explore ideas such as, How did they react to this? Were you able to groom them, if they needed it? What does their martingale collar look like, if you opted to collar them? What did it take to get them to trust you enough to do this?

Tier Three Prompt;
    Write or draw about the first time you tried to train your galingale, whether that be for basic obedience or showing (remember, they cannot be ridden nor raced). Explore ideas such as, Do they enjoy training? Are they easy or difficult to train? What sort of methods are you using?

Shows
Galingale shows are pretty flashy - just like the animals that star in them! While they may not be able to be ridden, they certainly do quite well being led through a show arena. Open shows will be posted here and in the discord, so keep an eye out for openings.

To enter a show, it is as simple as posting your form on the show page and waiting until the end date to see the results. While you are encouraged to train your galingale first as this will increase your odds of winning, you technically do not need to train past tier one to be eligible.

Every show will be judged based on a few things.

First, training tier -
    For each tier that has been completed, your galingale has a 5% higher rate of winning. This is to say that a tier 1 galingale may only have a 5% base chance of winning, while a tier 10 galingale has a 50% base chance of winning.

Secondly, personality traits -
    Galingales with personalities that would make them less eligible for shows, such as negative qualities or traits pertaining to shyness, aggression, or anxiousness, will be docked at 5% for each negative trait. On the other hand, galingales with traits that would make them good at shows such as traits pertaining to confidence, flashiness, affection, obedience, etc. will receive a 5% increase for each positive trait. Traits that wouldn't have any affect on their showing will not affect their chances. Whether a trait is considered something that would or would not alter their chances is up to the individual judge, which is meant to replicate track variation/preferences.

Thirdly, the rule of random chance -
    All entered galingales will roll for chance. If they hit 0-25, they will receive a 10% increased chance of winning. If they hit 75-100, they will receive a 10% decreased chance of winning. If they hit 26-74 there will be no change.

Each show will have a first place, second place, and third place winner.
First place will receive a grand C$ prize, and their galingale's training tier will increase by 3 (unless they have hit their max).
Second place will receive a runner up C$ prize worth 1/3 of the first place prize, and their galingale's training tier will increase by 2.
Third place will receive no cash prize, but their galingale's tier will increase by 1.
Those who do not place do not receive any prizes nor training boosts.

If you win a show the judge will post on your galingale's page to announce that they have won, and their training tier will be updated. First place winners will have a blue ribbon added to their galingale's page for display by the creation artist. Collecting ten blue ribbons on your galingale's page will earn you a free custom GS of any rarity! (Claimable via PM to ShadyBro)

Last edited by ShadyBro on Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Stamps & Giftlines

[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=4619195][img]http://orig02.deviantart.net/89e3/f/2015/226/6/f/stamp_by_sirenatie-d95np1e.gif[/img][/url]

Stamp Base

[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=4619195][img]http://orig07.deviantart.net/a83b/f/2015/226/5/e/sigbanner_by_sirenatie-d95ni82.png[/img][/url]
Last edited by ShadyBro on Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Open For Posting!

Postby ShadyBro » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:26 am

- Open For Posting! -
┏━━━━━━━━━┓ 
─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──

ImageImageImage
✰Toyhouse✰
✰Closed Species✰
✰Trotters✰

ImageImageImage

─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

─- ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ─- ♡ - - ♡ -─ ⋆⋅⋅⋆ -─
ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: WIP

Postby acronymm » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:26 am

mark<3

about wrote:
hey there!
acro/lyn ▴ she/they
feel free to send me a message, im friendly!
████████████
████████████
━━━━━ 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████

status wrote:
on
and off
doing oekaki things
xxxx♡ ♡

━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐚
acronymm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: WIP

Postby Queen Vivane » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:19 am

Mark ^-^
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Galingale Striders V4 - Open

Postby .henloimmabirb. » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:46 am

Mark:3
Henlo!! :D I am Birb! Image

PokeFarm Q

Art Fight
Sketch Shop | Character Shop
Discord: ScribbleRibbon#1282
ImageImage
ImageImage
.henloimmabirb.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Glowingsaltshaker » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:27 pm

Mark!!
]
[center][she/they]
[struggling with mental health, be patient with me please. Im not very active but slowly returning ]
Glowingsaltshaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadyBro » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:21 am

What coat colors/patterns do you guys wanna see? ^^
┏━━━━━━━━━┓