Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

👁‍🗨Lleoidae👁‍🗨 Open at Last! by CacophonousDreamer

Artist CacophonousDreamer [gallery]
Time spent 5 hours, 53 minutes
Drawing sessions 12
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

👁‍🗨Lleoidae👁‍🗨 Open at Last!

Postby CacophonousDreamer » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:40 pm

Nursery |Lleo Shop | Lleo Customs | Growths | Ni Breiker

What is a Lleoid?
The Lleoidae are a species that use barriers produced by certain stones to hide themselves from the outside world. While they can see the world while behind the barrier, the world cannot see them. Usually when wandering/traveling out their barrier cities, they will more often than not have a special cloak only they can use to hide themselves from danger. To other species, when in attempt to use the cloak it functions as a type of towel/blanket, but will not cloak them. They've watched humans evolve, and over time it's introduced foreign objects to them, such as clothes, technology, and the taming of beasts. Thanks to their development of subtypes, these omnivores can be found living in almost every part of the world. From the coldest parts of snowy mountains to the scorching desert heat, there's probably a Lleoid establishment nearby.

The Lleoidae are a somewhat reclusive group that have no known mother plane. From the researchers that have been lucky enough to meet one they have been only able to collect information if they are deemed trustworthy by a Lleoid. When speaking to each other, they seem to have their own language and even their own alphabet according to some recent findings. What is seen as common knowledge is that the creatures are incredibly cautious around human-like humanoids and less so with more obvious non-humans ones like that of the Tabaxi and Orc. Although they are unwilling to speak to humans, they will observe them from afar, going as far as to physically alter their appearance to seem more humanoid. It is confusing why they go to such lengths, but it appears to be out of some sort of deification or even envy.

Young Lleoidae are born with satyr-like legs, but some of them will either surgically rearrange their leg bones to remain upright or outright break and apply a cast for those on the lower rungs of their society. Average size can be about 3’5, bipedal but can run on 4s if in dire situation (if still retains original leg structure)

Some aren’t too keen on living in hiding their entire lives, so they end up going off into the world in search of glory, comradery, and adventure. When asked about their deities it has been understood that they are able to make their own “gods,” who are born with mutations allowing for seemingly supernatural abilities. These “gods” however are incredibly rare and even the descendants of them must be either placed under protections or go into hiding as the other Lleoid will be unable to leave them to their own devices.

Lleoidae are quick to adapt to their environments within a few generations and are even able to live to see the differences in their children’s ability to adapt to their surroundings. The Lleoidae can have any variation of eye, fur, and skin colors, but they usually are developed and taken from the “mother’s” dominant color genes.

Although a lot of the Lleoidae will go without clothing, it isn’t uncommon for them to wear clothing either. Clothing is often taken or “borrowed” from nearby human settlements, or consist of stitched together pelts from nearby fauna. For example, the ocean lleoids get their fashion from sunken human shipwrecks, and usually send parties of 3-5 to steal goods from night markets when the humans are preoccupied.

Lleiod tend to have names based on their habitats. Ones inhabiting urban areas also tend to have more human sounding names. Some will Change their names more befitting of their work. You wouldn’t have to follow this rule, it’s more of a lore-type thing
(Name examples: Willow, Snow, Obsidian, Squid, Baelin, Fen, Blossom, River, Bees, Scratch, Silver)

Although uncommon to find in the outside world, once an adventurer has made the acquaintance of one of these fuzzy creatures, they usually are capable and useful allies that bring a lot more to the table than one would imagine. However, their innocent and timid demeanor is almost always the reason for the downfall of their foes as they are often taken lightly.
Last edited by CacophonousDreamer on Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Hello, I do art!
I like jjba and cute things ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
I am on Pacific Time!
My Toyhou.se
ImageImage

CacophonousDreamer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 👁‍🗨Lleoidae👁‍🗨 (In progress)

Postby CacophonousDreamer » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:24 am

Traits (Since traits differ from Subtype to Subtype, there's a small traits list)

Non-Rarity Traits

Weight | Scars | Clothes/Accessories | Different expression | Custom Lines | Missing Limb(s) | Tattoos | Piercings | Prosthetics

Standard

No edits | Eyes are same colors | Paws/tongue/ears/horns same color palette | Singular Subtype | Neck Fluff

Common

Hair (Short) | Heterochromia | Longer fur (than usual) | Sharp Claws | Short horns

Uncommon

Hair (Medium) | "Killer Claws" | Mane | Medium-sized horns | Horn shapes don't match | Broken Horn | Piebald | Mix of 2 Subtypes | Orphan (A child) | Straight Legs | Nubbed Tail | Funky Eye Shape | De-Clawed | Different tongue shape

Rare

Hair (Long) | Large Horns | Albinism/Vitiligo | Melanism/ACB | Chimerism | 2 Tails/Nekomata Tail | Dwarfism | Gigantism | Glow | No Horns | No Neck Fluff | Different Blood Color | More Than 2 Horns

Unusual

Spikes | Mix of 3 subtypes | Different Species Tail | Wings | No Tail | More than 2 eyes (face) | Robotic Limb | 2 Heads | Traits that aren't usually associated with the subtype(s) | Primoidae Mix | Jelly/Goo Body parts | Gene-Splicing

Deity

Elemental Powers | More than 2 heads | Multiple Limbs | More than 1 set of Wings | Eyes on the Body | Exposed Bone(s) | Magic | Shapeshifter | Halo(s) | Rabbit-Like Features
Last edited by CacophonousDreamer on Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:03 am, edited 5 times in total.
Hello, I do art!
I am on Pacific Time!
My Toyhou.se
ImageImage

CacophonousDreamer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CacophonousDreamer » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:58 am

General Rules

The Lleoidae are a closed species. It's not permitted for a non-staff user to create their own Lleo adoptable.

With this, you cannot make your own Lleoidae unless you have a MYO/there is a MYO event.

The Lleoidae have a strike system. 3 strikes will result in a ban. If however, the reason for the strike is severe enough, it can lead to an instant ban via majority vote of staff members.

Please do not mini mod. If you see something fishy please report to a staff member! With this, please also leave answering questions to staff members in order to prevent confusion.

Selling/purchasing LLeoids for any form of currency/art/etc. is not permitted.

If/When holding an Artist Search, you cannot use the lines to sell designs for the Lleoidae. You are allowed to design one for another user, but please don't pre-make designs for profit. If you have a design from another species you'd like to adapt into a Lleo, you may do so as long as 1) You have the appropriate MYO, 2) If the original design allows it, and 3) You have permission from the species owner (CacophonousDreamer)

You are allowed to role-play Lleoids. If you want to post a thread for it, you do not have to ask for permission.

Yes, a Lleoid can be your fursona if you have written permission from the artist and owner. If the Lleo originates from the Nursery, you also need written permission from the owner of the other parent Lleo (If you bred your own Lleoids you don't need this extra step)

Copying/Claiming/Tracing the species as your own are all worthy of a ban. While I don't own the concept of bipedal furry gremlins, the lore/lines/"brand" of the Lleoidae belong to CacophonousDreamer

Co-owning Lleoids may not be allowed. If you are found out to have been co-owning a Lleo this will result in a strike.

Harassment/Rudeness will **not** be tolerated. This includes but is not limited to: Begging, Guilt-Tripping, Whining, General Toxic and Rude Behavior, Complaining about Competitions, Messaging Artists to "Show" Them What Your Entry Could've Been Had You Not Missed The Competition, Posting Self-Deprecating Messages About Missing A Raffle/Flatsale, etc. etc.

Other Notes

Lleoids cannot be resold, no matter how you obtained it. Lleoids can be gifted/traded for other Lleoidae or Lleoidae Items/MYO tickets.

Lleoids can be any gender/sexuality. Any two Lleoids can breed as long as they are not closely related.

Users can own up to 20 Lleoids(As of 9/12/2020). The cap will definitely be raised somewhere in the future.

Lleoidae Staff reserve the right to add, remove, or amend the species rules as needed. They also reserve the right to take the appropriate action against users who may have not broken the rules, but who have been seen to display inappropriate behavior that could be disruptive to the community.

Any suggestions for the species is helpful and greatly appreciated! I'd love to hear feedback from you all!

Custom/MYOs

Wip
Last edited by CacophonousDreamer on Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hello, I do art!
I am on Pacific Time!
My Toyhou.se
ImageImage

CacophonousDreamer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CacophonousDreamer » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:47 am

Affiliates:

Stamps:

Code: Select all
[url= https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4412708&f=123][img]https://i.ibb.co/sqKc4ff/20526-F53-F112-40-E8-BEBC-CF9-F88-CA0-B13.jpg[/img][/url]
Last edited by CacophonousDreamer on Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello, I do art!
I am on Pacific Time!
My Toyhou.se
ImageImage

CacophonousDreamer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups