Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Glade sima #37 - The ShopKeeper by Glispa

Based on Click to view
Artist Glispa [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 27 minutes
Drawing sessions 7
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Glade sima #37 - The ShopKeeper

Postby Glispa » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:02 am

-- Scattered lights within an overgrown cemetery --
-- Looks like the shopkeeper might be looking to settle down after the end of all the festivities --

Edits
Expression change - lowered eyelid (No rarity)
Missing limb - Left front leg lost through accident (No rarity)

Flower jewel (Limited)
Hair (Common)
Dual coloured jewel - Yellow and green (Uncommon, inherited through the flower jewel)
Fur edit - Fluffier and curlier neck and tail fur (Rare)
Visible jewel powers - Eye and jewel glow with glow trails (Rare)
Additional power - Patches of stone growing out of the sima, face neck and stomach as well as the whole left front leg (Legendary)

Notes
Yellow jewel - Power of light
Green jewel - Power of nature

To enter for this sima you simply have to explain the story behind their broken off limb. Was it lost through an intentional action or in an accident not of the simas creation.
The only restriction is that the sima can't have been born missing the limb
However having it be lost during the birth is acceptable
You may only win one host for this event
Code: Select all
Username:
Sima name:
Sima gender:
How did they lose their leg: [It is not allowed to have the sima be born without the limb]

His name is Federico and he's owned by Breado
Last edited by Glispa on Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
━━⦗ ⦘━━━━━━
┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
I'm a weird yet friendly
guy who doesn't have
much to any clue as to
what he's doing. So be
patient with me please

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛
━━━━━⦗ ⦘━━━

━━━━━━⦗ ⦘━━━
┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
I n t e r e s t s
*Sonic the hedgehog
Undertale
*Crocheting
*Drawing

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛
━━━⦗ ⦘━━━━━

━━ do you think ━━━
even the worst person can change...?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
━━━⦗ Da | Characters | tumblr ⦘━━━━

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
━━━⦗ ⦘━⦗ ⦘━⦗ ⦘━⦗ ⦘━━━━
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
that everyone can be a good person,
━━ if they just try? ━━
Glispa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Glade sima #37 - The ShopKeeper

Postby Breado » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:30 am

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Username: Breado || Sima name: Federico || Sima gender: male

How did they lose their leg:
Federico wrote:“If you think being a shopkeeper is as easy as buying things from adventurers and selling them at a higher price, well… gotta snap you out of that daydream, because in this world it’s equal to being an adventurer with the added fact that you sell what you find.
In a nutshell, us shopkeepers have to fight off monsters and get through dangerous rooms to find things that other simas might need. Some simas also order specific things, sometimes things that’re more dangerous to get than others, but we’ll do everything to satisfy our customers and keep up our good reputation.

"It happened on an ordinary day that I've learned of rumours about a rare artifact hiding in the nearby swamp. Seeing great profit in selling it, I quickly packed some food and my trusty dagger, and set out to confirm whether this rumour was true or not. Obviously, I had to get there before the other shopkeepers in town, so I left my home in a hurry.
Since I didn't have the exact location of the artifact, I started looking around when I got there. I ended up venturing deeper and deeper into the darker, more forest-y part of the place. I searched for maybe an hour before I finally found the ruins of an old stone building. Excited to have finally found something, I went in and started searching.

"It didn't take a long time for me to finally spot the thing I was looking for: a staff made of gold with a gemstone on one end. A ragged pillow laid under it on the table it was placed on. I couldn't wait to get my hands on it! But there was a slight problem, you see: as soon as I touched the staff it felt like the air started buzzing and cooling down around me.
Looking around, I saw some light and bubbles forming in the swampy water not far from me. I stood still, curious as to what it might be, but when I saw a giant basilisk slowly rise from under the water I started slowly backing away with the staff in my hands.
I couldn't get far enough or get my dagger out of my bag before the giant snake attacked me - I managed to dodge its first bite, but the second?
It was way faster than it seemed at first. It got hold of my left arm, biting down on it hard. I cried out and dropped the staff, frantically trying to free my limb, but to no avail.
This part here is a bit of a blur, I won't lie - the next thing I knew was that the basilisk was shaking me violently. Then, I was freely flying towards a tree. I know I hit my head quite hard before finally falling down onto the ground; when I tried to stand up the first thing I noticed was the blood all around me in the water. And when I noticed that my arm was missing? Well... I just... fainted. I know though that the last thing I heard before everything went black was the voice of another sima.

When I finally woke up, I found myself in bed and in an unfamiliar room. My wound was bandaged up neatly - although it the pain was nothing like I've ever felt before. I just laid there silently, trying to process what had happened, until a sima entered the room. When he spoke, I realized it was the sima who I heard before I blacked out; introducing himself as Cody, he told me what happened and how I got here.
After I told him what I was doing there, he let me know that that staff is guarded by the very basilisk that I've encountered, and that I was lucky to have only lost an arm."

"Oh, and the 'tattoo'? I got it about a month after I lost my arm, as a funny way of saying 'Requiescat in Pace, il mio braccio' - or 'rest in peace, my arm', haha!"

pixel art: made by me! do not use it without my permission.
Last edited by Breado on Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:26 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Image ~ Image Image Image Image ~ Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cherryfreeze » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:59 am

Username: Cherryfreeze
Sima name: Requiem "The Shopkeeper"
Sima gender: Male
How did they lose their leg: Requiem was once born to a family of traveling merchants, who travelled as a caravan with many others in the same trade.He grew up with a large living family who taught him the ins and outs of being a merchant, such as how to count coin, keep stock, and the importance to be able to have wares that appeal to a larger range of consumers.

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅
One day, as the caravan was making it's way through a less traveled road, they stumbled upon an odd glowing item. The elders of the caravan identified it as an ancient artifact. Amongst the murmurs, it was requiem who decided to grab it "think of all the customers who would go for this! It must be worth so much!" The elders were concerned, but seeing Requiems excitement, they set it aside.
Days after they took the artifact, the caravan had to hunker down due to a severe storm on the horizon. When the clouds darkened for beyond the normal shades and the winds were dangerously fast, whipping around the tents and cloth flaps along the carts, a large angry figure approached them, letting out a screech "Where is it?! Where is my Sacred Treasure!!?" They glared at the few trades simas peered out in fear at this deity. "If you Cowards will not give it back, then you will Face my Wrath!!!
Requiem could only watch on in horror from where his parents had hidden him, as the deity smashes carts, and tears down the simas of the caravan, until only he was left, in the debris of
what he considered his home. He let out a snarl, full of anguish and anger as he finally found the courage to show himself to the deity, artifact in his left arm "How could you! They didnt do anything wrong, and you took away their lives! You monster!" He was trembling as he faced the full glare of the deity. They stalked towards him "Says the one who let his people be taken, whilst he hid away. For this, you will be punished "

Song referenced: RIP everyone by JJ Demon
Requiem felt his body freeze up as the Deity approached him, willing his legs to move, to no avail. He flinched as the deity reached him and touched the leg holding the artifact. He let out a scream as his leg crumbled until it was little more than a stump, stone slowly forming over his flesh. "Run now, and never forget this lesson you have learned, I advise you remember young kit..." the deity rumbled, walking away, taking the raging wind with them.
Requiem ran after the deity was long gone, until the ground gave way, and he tumbled far down until he landed in a bed of flowers. The citizens of the glade took him in after he told them how he ended up with them, and spent some time earning his place, and soon he became their shopkeep, and found a new family he could rely on.
Last edited by Cherryfreeze on Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:09 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Cherryfreeze

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gadgetrocks » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:27 pm

Big mark
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐

Gadget/Tic Tac - he/they/she - adult

Just a little guy!! Very very into my OCs rn
Not super active

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit
link My Toyhouse
My DeviantArt

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Gadgetrocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wucaian » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:11 pm

Galahad | Handsome Male | Alchemist | Fool Genius

Galahad’s Journal 1
    I can’t believe it! My first day at Sunstone Academy for Gifted Magicians was amazing. This school is amazing! Only the best get accepted, so obviously I made it in, but it truly shows. The simas here use there magic so casually, like growing a bunch of trees to line the sidewalks is no big deal. It is a big deal! I can’t wait to start classes.
Galahad’s Journal 2
    Everyone here chooses a specialty after their first year. The teachers mentor students who choose their same specialty. But if you pick something new, you get less help but the things you accomplish are much more impressive. I’ve decided to study potions and alchemy. I wish I could have done necromancy, but I can’t. They said my powers were ideal for conjuring or creating new life. But I think alchemy is better. If I can combine it with my nature magic, there’s so much I could do with it! Transmogrification is just a step away from alchemy, right?
Galahad’s Journal 3
    It’s finally ready! This could very well be my masterpiece. My teachers say I shouldn’t go through with it. But I know it’ll work! I just have to wait until tonight when I’m free. Then I’m going to make history.
Galahad’s Journal 4
    Success! My potion worked just as I expected. It’s given me powers like an earth sima. I can grow rocks out of my body! They’re small for now. But I’ll work on that. Maybe I can get them to bud off. Or maybe create them outside my body completely.
Galahad’s Journal 5
    I might have made a slight miscalculation. I didn’t get it wrong! The effects of the potion haven’t worn off. But I don’t seem to have full control of the power. The rock growth is spreading and I can’t stop it. It’s already covered my left paw. I’ve lost feeling in it. The teachers say there’s nothing they can do, that my paw must have turned to stone. I’m sure I can fix this, though.
Galahad’s Journal 6
    My leg broke off! It was so stupid. I just tripped on the sidewalk! But the stone cracked and just...fell off! Someone must have pushed me. That’s the only explanation. I know some simas are jealous of my achievements. I didn’t feel a thing when it broke. The teachers were right, then. My body is turning to stone. I need to find a way to gain control over this power. And it’s quickly.
Galahad's Journal 7
    I know what I’m going to do. The teachers won’t help me. The books can’t help me, my potion was too unique. So I’ll go it alone. If I can study other transmogrification items, surely I can come up with a counter spell.
Last edited by wucaian on Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:13 am, edited 5 times in total.

Currently missing:Image
Bounce, bounce, bounce...
wucaian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rondell » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:15 am

Username: Rondell
Sima name:
Sima gender:
How did they lose their leg: [It is not allowed to have the sima be born without the limb]

WIP
('Indiana Jones' > cursed artifact > spreading petrification > voluntary amputation > RIP on shoulder = 'tattoo' as reminder of old life; i.e. Own epitaph)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Visit the Agglomeration!
(I.E. my characters...)

P.S - Happy holidays!!
Rondell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gadgetrocks » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:57 pm

Is there any possibility of a small extension? I'm working on my form, but I'm going out of town tomorrow and won't have wifi so I'd love a tiny extension so I could finish my form
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐

Gadget/Tic Tac - he/they/she - adult

Just a little guy!! Very very into my OCs rn
Not super active

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit
link My Toyhouse
My DeviantArt

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Gadgetrocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Glispa » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:33 am

Breado wrote:
    Username: Breado || Sima name: Federico || Sima gender: male

How did they lose their leg:
    Federico wrote:“If you think being a shopkeeper is as easy as buying things from adventurers and selling them at a higher price, well… gotta snap you out of that daydream, because in this world it’s equal to being an adventurer with the added fact that you sell what you find.
    In a nutshell, us shopkeepers have to fight off monsters and get through dangerous rooms to find things that other simas might need. Some simas also order specific things, sometimes things that’re more dangerous to get than others, but we’ll do everything to satisfy our customers and keep up our good reputation.

"It happened on an ordinary day that I've learned of rumours about a rare artifact hiding in the nearby swamp. Seeing great profit in selling it, I quickly packed some food and my trusty dagger, and set out to confirm whether this rumour was true or not. Obviously, I had to get there before the other shopkeepers in town, so I left my home in a hurry.
    Since I didn't have the exact location of the artifact, I started looking around when I got there. I ended up venturing deeper and deeper into the darker, more forest-y part of the place. I searched for maybe an hour before I finally found the ruins of an old stone building. Excited to have finally found something, I went in and started searching.

"It didn't take a long time for me to finally spot the thing I was looking for: a staff made of gold with a gemstone on one end. A ragged pillow laid under it on the table it was placed on. I couldn't wait to get my hands on it! But there was a slight problem, you see: as soon as I touched the staff it felt like the air started buzzing and cooling down around me.
    Looking around, I saw some light and bubbles forming in the swampy water not far from me. I stood still, curious as to what it might be, but when I saw a giant basilisk slowly rise from under the water I started slowly backing away with the staff in my hands.
    I couldn't get far enough or get my dagger out of my bag before the giant snake attacked me - I managed to dodge its first bite, but the second?
    It was way faster than it seemed at first. It got hold of my left arm, biting down on it hard. I cried out and dropped the staff, frantically trying to free my limb, but to no avail.
    This part here is a bit of a blur, I won't lie - the next thing I knew was that the basilisk was shaking me violently. Then, I was freely flying towards a tree. I know I hit my head quite hard before finally falling down onto the ground; when I tried to stand up the first thing I noticed was the blood all around me in the water. And when I noticed that my arm was missing? Well... I just... fainted. I know though that the last thing I heard before everything went black was the voice of another sima.

When I finally woke up, I found myself in bed and in an unfamiliar room. My wound was bandaged up neatly - although it the pain was nothing like I've ever felt before. I just laid there silently, trying to process what had happened, until a sima entered the room. When he spoke, I realized it was the sima who I heard before I blacked out; introducing himself as Cody, he told me what happened and how I got here.
    After I told him what I was doing there, he let me know that that staff is guarded by the very basilisk that I've encountered, and that I was lucky to have only lost an arm."

"Oh, and the 'tattoo'? I got it about a month after I lost my arm, as a funny way of saying 'Requiescat in Pace, il mio braccio' - or 'rest in peace, my arm', haha!"

pixel art: made by me! do not use it without my permission.

I struggled a lot with this decision but in the end I found the way you worded your story and the character that shines through that to be really quite interesting and something I see fitting for a mysterious shop keeper of the odd goods. So congrats abd take good care of Federico
━━⦗ ⦘━━━━━━
┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
I'm a weird yet friendly
guy who doesn't have
much to any clue as to
what he's doing. So be
patient with me please

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛
━━━━━⦗ ⦘━━━

━━━━━━⦗ ⦘━━━
┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
I n t e r e s t s
*Sonic the hedgehog
Undertale
*Crocheting
*Drawing

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛
━━━⦗ ⦘━━━━━

━━ do you think ━━━
even the worst person can change...?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
━━━⦗ Da | Characters | tumblr ⦘━━━━

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
━━━⦗ ⦘━⦗ ⦘━⦗ ⦘━⦗ ⦘━━━━
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
that everyone can be a good person,
━━ if they just try? ━━
Glispa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Breado » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:50 am

oh my gosh!!! ;0;
i can barely believe it, thank you so much!! i'll def take good care of him, don't worry, haha x3c <3

everyone had such good forms, i was so nervous about who'd win aaaa TwT
but i wish all of you good luck on future comps ;0;
also, could you guys let me know if i can use your amazing and absolutely fabulous art? ^^

may i be added to make a separate ref? :3c
Image ~ Image Image Image Image ~ Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cherryfreeze » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:13 am

congrats breado!

if any of my art fits, you may use the art i made for this bean ^^
ImageImageImage

If you Steal my ocs, or think its fun and quirky to steal them, I'll come steal you kneecaps as payment thanks <3
Cherryfreeze

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me