Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Rise 2.0 | Warriors Adopts | Closing - Page 73

Postby Dia. » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:04 am

ki-neko animura wrote:
Dia. wrote:
ki-neko animura wrote:Question, are we allowed to use our Rise cats references as references for customs, founders, etc for other warrior cat groups on here? Like Hunters Woods?

Designs done by other artists should not be used as a reference without their clear and explicitly noted permission. It would be considered theft.
So please do not use the art that way unless the designer says that you may.

Sorry I must have misread it then. I thought it said we could use the official art in CS only

Yes, you can use the art on CS. You just can't use it as a reference for someone else to make a design/transferring the design into another closed species without the original designer's permission.
hiya i'm dia
she/her
INTJ

bookworm
scientist
plant lover
dog mom-->

CS Fanart Archive

Characters

art fight; *team*
CS Help | Site Rules
[avatar] | [signature]
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 䏠xote » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:07 am

Dia. wrote:
ki-neko animura wrote:Question, are we allowed to use our Rise cats references as references for customs, founders, etc for other warrior cat groups on here? Like Hunters Woods?

Designs done by other artists should not be used as a reference without their clear and explicitly noted permission. It would be considered theft.
So please do not use the art that way unless the designer says that you may.

i'm sorry, but this response seems to directly contradict what you've been telling us thusfar. are the cats ours to use as ocs and to transfer off of official lines, or are they not? i'm confused.
䏠xote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dia. » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:12 am

I think there is a misunderstanding about what is being discussed. I believe ki-neko animura is referring to transferring them into other closed species/arpgs, not simply moving them onto other linearts. My answer applies to transferring them into other closed species/arpgs. Coloring your character on different lineart or ordering art of them is fine.

The cats are your OCs, but that doesn't change the fact that they were designed by one of our fabulous Rise artists. ^^ So, if you're wanting to transfer them to another closed species and use the art that the designer created as the reference, you need the designer's permission.

This is just like how we required permission from the original artist to transfer any cat designs by other artists onto Rise lines for customs or founders. (example: You bought a cat design from an artist not affiliated with Rise and wanted the design to be in your Rise clan. You had to ask the original artist if you were allowed to have them transferred to the Rise lineart by one of our artists.)This isn't a Rise specific rule, but a CS art use rule. You can't use someone else's art as a reference without their permission.

In other words:
If you’re just making a new ref for your OC or paying someone to make a new OC ref, there’s no issue. If you want it transferred into another species/arpg you need the designer’s permission regardless of which ref you used because they have not given permission for their design to be used in a different closed species.

Does this make more sense?
hiya i'm dia
she/her
INTJ

bookworm
scientist
plant lover
dog mom-->

CS Fanart Archive

Characters

art fight; *team*
CS Help | Site Rules
[avatar] | [signature]
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 䏠xote » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:29 am

@Dia.

that does make sense, thank you! i appreciate the clarification.
䏠xote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ki-neko animura » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:29 am

Gotcha! Confusion no longer there! Do you think it would be possible to have a post or something on the archives or front page from each artist that allows this? That way it could save artists from being bombarded with the question.
For example

Artist one
“All designs made by me in Rise are allowed to be transferred to another species”

Artist two
“I do not allow any designs I have created in Rise to be transferred”

Artist three
“Please ask me before transferring to another closed species.”

Something like that.
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Trickz » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:56 am

I think that'd be useful !
Trickz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clouds-move-on » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:12 am

Same here, although some artists probably cannot be here for that since a few retired/quit I think those who want to should/could.

For the record I was guest artist once and I did myos, I am fine with those being transferred.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

- John 13:34-35

ImageImageImage
2/24/24
temp open to doing stars myos off oekaki for 100+ c$s... dm me

I am no longer active on CS.
- I am keeping all my characters that I haven't readopted out myself, dont ask about em.
- If you want to transfer designs by me out of chicken smoothie closed species from before 8/2/20, YES, you may! Be free. uwu ❤️
- You may also transfer them into other species/groups/arpgs!
- Do not contact me here unless I contacted you first.
- Feel free to send me trades, but you may be waiting awhile.
clouds-move-on

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dia. » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:45 pm

It's best if you ask the artist directly. c:

A reminder that you have until Feb 1st to redeem any custom/semi-custom tickets.
You will not be able to redeem them after February 1, 2020.
hiya i'm dia
she/her
INTJ

bookworm
scientist
plant lover
dog mom-->

CS Fanart Archive

Characters

art fight; *team*
CS Help | Site Rules
[avatar] | [signature]
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mavryk Company » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:54 pm

sorry if this has been asked before, but I’ve been MIA from Rise for a while; are we allowed to post their official rise art on toyhouse as long as we credit properly? I keep seeing CS only, but that we can also host them on th,,
and are we allowed to add scars or missing limbs to our former rise cats, or are we not allowed to edit their designs?

thanks so much!
➸ adult
toyhouse
zendaru's twin
info:
[b/t/s charas]
av + tags | ➸ trades open
Mavryk Company

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dia. » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:17 pm

Yes, they can be posted on toyhouse with credit.
After Rise is closed, you may treat your cats as normal characters.

The only restrictions are that you can't otherwise post the official art offsite, and you can't give the official artwork to someone else if you give the character away. You also need to ask permission from the artist if you'd like them transferred into another species (although making your own reference for personal use and ordering art is okay.)

Other existing rules stand.

A lot of questions have been answered since the announcement on page 73, so I suggest reading up on what's happened since then. c:
hiya i'm dia
she/her
INTJ

bookworm
scientist
plant lover
dog mom-->

CS Fanart Archive

Characters

art fight; *team*
CS Help | Site Rules
[avatar] | [signature]