Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Rise 2.0 | Warriors Adopts | Closing - Page 73

Postby Rescue2001 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:13 am

Aww this is super sad I haven't really been active with these the last few months but I still kept an eye on everything and this was just so suprising. May I ask will these possibly open back up in the future? And I am guessing transfers are no longer going to be available?
My Art Shop
I am a Breyer and Schleich collector along
with other brands of all sizes - mainly horses
looking for UR bengal (ultimate dreamie)
b-day is Jan 3rd, I'm a Capicorn♑

Rescue2001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:57 am

Have a happy retirement, Rise! We'll miss you <3

───────── ❝ 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆'𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐁𝐄 xxxxxx
you'll never know what could be until you stand up and try. xxx𝐀𝐋𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 !! ❞─── ©

xxImage
------------------------------------------------------
.....Hey there! I'm Kitten, a Christian teen trying
......to love God and love others. I'm especially
......into writing, books, and art!! Not really active
......on here anymore, just here for a few friends
......and some art stuff. Don't expect quick replies
......from me, thank you <3xxxxxxpsalm 119:105

------------------------------------------------------
┍━━━━━━━━━━━━. ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆. ━━━━━━━━━━━━┑
xxxstormbuffearthaoiknick's murdercats
.xxraini-froggemeek the weakshyshie.
xxxxxxxxpanda sistaocean xinqiu
┕━━━━━━━━━━━━. ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ .━━━━━━━━━━━━┙
Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iStarz & Everly » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:40 am

I was so so excited for Rise and I'm very disappointed in it closing. I'm not sure what to do now :(
iStarz & Everly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WolffeTrash » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:44 am

To Staff-
Thanks for being here and taking this job to keep this open, In sorry to see this go but at least there is some memories to enjoy! Im gonna miss this place i wish i could help but im sorry for you all. Im a huge fan and im so sorry to see this let go. I hope the 2 years this was open was fun like the times i had with you guys! Thanks for your time and all will be missed.

-Your friend-
WolfPackAlpha
ImageImageImage
70% thinks warrior cats is stupid. 25% say who cares. Repost if you are part of that 5% that would take a hard cover warrior cat book and slap the other people saying, "STARCLAN IS OUT FOR REVENGE!!"
WolffeTrash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shuurock » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:25 pm

Thanks for keeping this running for so long! I'm glad I was able to get involved and I hope I can still have a lot of fun with all the wonderful character's I've been able to get from this experience.
Shuurock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lacuna » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:40 am

NaCl wrote:
some of us payed for the official art of them to be made? Why cannot we use it? To me, it personally seems unreasonable that off cs, we can’t treat them like regular oc’s even though that’s what they have become?

I posted this on Discord but I wanted to throw it here too in response to this, just how I personally feel as a member of the Rise community.

Previously, when you sold or traded Rise designs outside of Rise, you could not sell or trade the original artwork. That remains the same. If you trade for other Rise cats you can still trade the references. Previously, if you used your Rise characters as OCs, you could not use the official reference. This has changed to be more lenient, since you can use the official reference for OCs still on CS and toyhou.se/your own site. Posting any reference on another art site as your own is generally something that is against any artist’s rules, so that has not changed.

When you purchased a Rise design you purchased a design, not a lineart. Though the new lines were funded by the community, each person who donated was compensated something of equal value which is what they agreed to receive for participating. There was no agreement that they would become part owner of the lines, which are in fact owned by Dia as she commissioned them with money she earned in return for other goods and services. The community did get a lot of use (almost 1000 cats) out of them, so even if you did feel like you were owed something, you did receive it in my opinion.

All the Rise rules that changed with the closure are more lenient now. Most are exactly what you already agreed to by participating in the species. There is nothing stopping you from continuing to use and develop your Rise clans as warrior OCs with other people who also came from Rise, and I worry people who are upset specifically about the changes or lack there of to the art rules either haven’t considered them in context or are just interested in flipping their cats for money. Don’t throw away what you enjoyed just because things have changed.
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NaCl » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:26 am

i am aware by purchasing the cat you get the design, same with other characters on predrawn lines, if proper credit was given and linked back to here, why can they not be used like regular characters, it seems incredibly unreasonable
My Storkies
Storkverse Storage
My Wermz My Snoods

my name is Winter
My pronouns are She/They/Snow
I am currently a staff member for Storkies
feel free to contact me here or on discord with any questions
NaCl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dia. » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:27 pm

NaCl wrote:
i am aware by purchasing the cat you get the design, same with other characters on predrawn lines, if proper credit was given and linked back to here, why can they not be used like regular characters, it seems incredibly unreasonable

I think the misunderstanding might be that we’re not sure where you want to post the art. You can already post them for personal use on CS, toyhou.se, and your personal Rise clan website. Can you clarify where else you would need to post it, and why?

They can be used as regular characters. You just need to use other art outside of CS/th/your personal site. You also can't give a new owner the original art, except in the case of a trade for another previously Rise cat. This has always been in the rules that were agreed to when you joined Rise by adopting cats. The rules haven't changed, other than becoming more lenient because you're allowed to use the art personally on CS.

The issue isn't with owners crediting and linking; they're not the problem. Of course the rightful owners of the designs will credit properly and use the characters correctly. The problem is people who don't use the art correctly or respect the hard work of the artists.

There have been a handful of issues off site where someone random grabbed a bunch of official Rise references and tried to sell them on DA and Facebook. The only reason those were found, reported, and taken down was because of how easy the art and rules are to find.

By asking that the artwork stays on CS, we (cat owners, the community, etc) are able to more efficiently protect those designs. If we were to allow the official art to be taken off of CS and transferred outside of CS, it would be harder to prove that whatever random art thief does not actually have the rights to be trading or selling that design.
hiya i'm dia
she/her
INTJ

bookworm
scientist
plant lover
dog mom-->

CS Fanart Archive

Characters

art fight; *team*
CS Help | Site Rules
[avatar] | [signature]
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NaCl » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:22 pm

my problem lies with not being able to give a potential new owner the original reference they were made on, we have to commission or draw new references ourselves for them to no longer have the restrictions on them that really don’t make sense to me. Rise is closing down, it is no longer a species, so why should we still have to treat our characters as parts of a closed species?
I deeply apologize if I’m coming off as rude, or petty, I simply want to know why they can’t be treated as other characters.
And currently I don’t have anywhere else to post art of them besides here, but if I were to move to another site for role playing these characters my use of their references is restricted.
My Storkies
Storkverse Storage
My Wermz My Snoods

my name is Winter
My pronouns are She/They/Snow
I am currently a staff member for Storkies
feel free to contact me here or on discord with any questions
NaCl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dia. » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:32 pm

I’m sorry, but these are the rules that have been set for art use for designs created on the Rise lines and they are not going to be changed. Even if the species is closed it does not mean that the rules you agreed to when adopting a character have changed. If you would like to role play with your cats on other sites you could link to your CS storage thread or their oekaki threads.

You may also use any free lineart to transfer the designs, or ask someone to do it for you.
hiya i'm dia
she/her
INTJ

bookworm
scientist
plant lover
dog mom-->

CS Fanart Archive

Characters

art fight; *team*
CS Help | Site Rules
[avatar] | [signature]