Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby Griff » Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:58 pm

Clan Ember
When we Last Left Off... | K I S S I N G...!

His blood was still pumping even as he watched the fox run away. The world was moving too fast, too slow. He almost missed the twinkle in her expression, almost missed the concern and cheerfulness in her tone. But he did not want to miss a second, not with her. And so he found himself taking in deep breaths to steady himself once more. Bring him back to his- oh. She was licking his side now. "Feather nose I am alright! I er... I promise!" He stuttered, ears twitching back and forth as he found himself flustered with feelings mixed with that still pumping adrenaline.

"Oh I know," she replied with a purr. "But better to be safe than sorry hmm? Besides, I was curious what your fur felt like. I like it..." She pressed her head against his shoulder, brushed her entire frame against him. And he found he felt like he was floating, and none of his thoughts could focus. Why was she so distracting, so... lovely? He wanted to spend more timre with her, show her his world, and yet at the moment all he could think of was-

"You sure are pretty," he blurted out, causing her smile to widen.

"Flattery will get you everywhere," she reassured. "When we finish this hunt, how about tonight you and I do some... exploration together? Somewhere... private?" He could not swallow it down, as a purr bubbled up in his throat.

"I'd... I'd like that," he admitted.

"Then it is settled. Just a bit longer, then we go back home and celebrate together. Make it a night to remember..."

"It already has been," he managed to say, slightly breathless.

"...Okay, now that was smooth. Come on Tiger, let's try and bring home some more food. This lovely skink will not feed everyone after all... Show me your moves!"

[ 309 words ]

-- cats on patrol
Emberstar | He/him | HP 98% | HUP 10% | Sick: No
Feathernose | She/Her | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: No

-- custom predators / prey
The list!
-- level 3
experience: 111/400
-- items in inventory used
Any items used/eaten this post? No
-- active quests: None
None Currently
-- opted in to death?
Yes Link here!
-- inventory
palmetto bug | 1 FP | x1
mouse | 2 FP | x1
skink | 2 FP | x2
seagull | 3 FP | x0
rat | 3 FP | x1
albacore | 4 FP | x1

bright-eye | x2
daisy Leaf | x2
celandine | x1
mallow leaves | x1
stinging nettle | x1
juniper berry | x1
cobwebs | x1
wintergreen | x1
comfrey root | x1
dandelion | x1
burnet | x1

Extra note is that 70 XP was earned here, I just forgot to redeem it! Thanks so much!
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0185.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:44 am

HOUSE CATS COMMUNITY !!
    xx( l1lithu archive last post )

"Oh!" Eyes widening, the stranger stumbled to her paws. Her paws twined around a tattered bell collar, the same one Furzetuft had cradled earlier. It rang, a soft angelic chime, despite the marred grime on the surface. "My twoleg… she’ll be worried sick about me. I haven’t returned in hours.”

Gremlin’s shoulder pressed against the stranger’s side, steadying her. “I'll walk you there. Where’s her home?"

“No, no… you’ve done enough. I can take it from here.” Warmth and color flushed back into her cheeks, accentuating the gentle glow in her eyes. “But there’s something I’d like you to have. It's not far, just a little ways out. That is… if you're down for an adventure?"

A smile kissed the stranger's muzzle as she recounted the path, her voice like a nightingale's song. The directions all woven into one, seamless lilting lullaby. Each twist and turn, every landmark and street, and the tell-tale obstacles all wrapped in a melody.

When it ended, the tune played in her mind as if music caught in an eternal loop.

And with a parting nod from the stranger, she was alone. Alone with the strange, lilting melody now so etched in her mind - in her memory. She could see it so clearly like a map of a thousand colors, stretching across the table. If she placed a paw on top of it, she could chart a path. A path to… to whatever the stranger had for her.

The melody pulled her to the outskirts of the neighbourhood. Long grasses ran wild and rampant, tossed with twirling tufts of dandelion and blooms of twisted weeds. Dilapidated wood splintered from fences cracked under the weight of aging oaks.

Her paws touched the frame of a wooden chest hidden beneath the tangle of reeds and thistles. The stranger's wind-blown scent lingered, a gentle assurance that this was it. With a breath out, she popped the lid for the treasure within. (+2FP small bird, +1 celandine, +1 foxglove seeds, +1 lungwort, +1 water hemlock)

A short chuff snapped her head up.

It was not the chuckle of a curious squirrel, nor the sneeze of a jogging passerby. No, this far out…

Her gaze lifted in tandem to the flash of a fanged grin.

Through the barred wood of the fence, a form of smudged cheeks and battered shoulders waited. A single eye peered out, slashed by a white, jagged scar running from the tip of his eye and slicing down to his jaw. The other eye was sealed shut. But that one eye, a piercing emerald glint… was focused on her.

Wild cat.

A wild cat (rogue) makes an appearance! He remains on the outskirts of the neighbourhood barred by a fence,
    but doesn't appear to be trespassing or causing trouble. Does the patrol confront him or leave him alone?

xx
    totals

xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ gremlin (10% hunger)
    xxxxxname (00% hunger), name (00% hunger), name (00% hunger)

xxxp stats (opted out for death)
    xxxx↳ +15XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+2XP for prey, +4XP for herbs

xxprey + herb finds for patrol
    xx+2FP small bird
    xx+1 celandine, +1 foxglove seeds, +1 lungwort, +1 water hemlock

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +31XP → level 0 (129/100XP) → level 1 (29/200XP)
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────x

xxImagecongrats! you've reached level one and received an additional +1FP (your choice) and +50 stardust!
    x
    notes: n/a! <33
──────────────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ArtMajor » Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:27 pm

b r e a kImage
b r e a k
xxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxx
b r e a k s p a c e r
b r e a k s p a c e r
b r e a k s p a c e r
b r e a k s p a c e r

b r e a k s p a c e r
b r e a k s p a c e r
b r e a k s p a c e r
b r e a k s p a c e r

░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
The combined scent of roses and rot was the main thing keeping Smokestar calm at
the moment. He lifted his chin, and took a few steps forward, his tail flicking. The
sound of sticks and pebbles scattering about as the clan moved to stand behind him
felt like music in his ears, and a smile worked its way onto his muzzle. "Let us go to
meet these strangers." he said, knowing the scent was distant, and that Tumblecreek
would have been far more concerned had the strangers actively been trying to breach
Smokeclan's territory.

As the group of four padded through the forest, Smokestar tried to think of when he
might have scented this particular combination before. Upwalkers brought cats of all
sorts of scents to their island often certainly, but there was something oddly familiar
off this combination. It wouldn't have been in Shoreclan's camp, that was too heavily
drenched in salt and sea-scent for anything floral or rotten, but the forest held many
flowers, and predators which would kill and leave the remains behind for scavengers.

Deciding that this group must be cats of the far side of the island, having come
around the long way instead of cutting through Shoreclan's territory - for certainly,
where else could they have come from without smelling even a hint of salt?
Smokestar decided that these strangers would be met calmly. But he was not afraid
to show his claws should the need arise. It had been some time since he'd practiced
his battle skills, but he knew from experience that tracking cats in battle was far
easier than some might expect. Especially if the one he was fighting tried to
underestimate him.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[ word count ]

↳ 281 words
cats on patrol [4/6]
smokestar (he/him) | 100% HP
↳ Healthy | Naturally Blind | 20% HUP
honeyroot (she/her) | 100% HP
↳ Healthy | 20% HUP |
tumblecreek (he/him) | 100% HP
↳ Healthy | 20% HUP |
mochaswirl (she/her) | 100% HP
↳ Healthy | 10% HUP |

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[ actions taken ]

↳ smokeclan confronts the
rogues
[ items used ]
↳ none
[ other ]
ah thanks! i had a lot of fun
designing it <3 and thanks for letting
me know! I got it added in over here
underneath the cats on patrol area :3

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
b r e a k s p a c e r
b r e a k s p a c e r
b r e a k s p a c e r

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

░░░░░░░░░░
xxxxxxxx
level
↳ 1 [ 106/200 xp ]

xxxxxxxx
░░░░░░░░░░
xxxxxxxx
active quests
↳ none [ info ]

xxxxxxxx
░░░░░░░░░░
xxxxxxxx
asst. info
not opted into death
no custom food

xxxxxxxx
░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░
xxxxxxxx
inventory
prey
↳ scraps | 1 FP | x1
↳ small fish | 2 FP | x2
↳ water vole | 2 FP | x1
↳ frog | 3 FP | x1
↳ prey | 3 FP | x0
↳ rabbit | 4 FP | x1

herbs pt 1
↳ deathberries | x1
↳ bindweed | x1
↳ horsetail | x2
↳ honey | x1
↳ fennel

xxxxxxxx
░░░░░░░░░░
ArtMajor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby unohdettu.lupaus » Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:29 am

“what do we do smokeghost?” eveningspirit asked the patrols leader

“i dont think we have much of a choice.. we have to try chase it off..its a bit too close to our camp for us to leave it be” smokeghost replied with a sigh as they crouched down

“lets go chase it off then” eveningspirit said with a nod, crouching down next to smokeghost with sundust

as the three cats were sneaking towards the fox, it raised its head from the ground and looked straight towards where the cats were hiding for a second before starting to walk towards where the cats camp was

“No!” they lunged towards the fox trying to latch onto its back

“smokeghost!” he jumped into help smokeghost who had suddednly leaped from their hiding place

eveningspirit ran to help the others to chase off the fox

as they were trying to stay on the foxes back,the fox ran straight towards a tree, soon enough smokeghost was being crushed between the tree and the fox as they let go they fell to the ground in pain

“Smokeghost!” they yowled as they saw smokeghost on the ground

“Eveninspirit get smokeghost to the camp and get somebody to help me with the fox” sundust said as he was clawing the fox as much as he could

“but what about-” eveningspirit tried to ask but they were interrupted by sundust
“go now! smokeghost needs the healers!” he yowled as he was trying to lead the fox away from the two other cats

they got smokeghost onto their back and ran to the camp in a hurry
they ran straight into the healers den “is anyone here? smokeghost needs help!” they said as they looked around

she walked from the back of the den to eveningspirit “what happened?” smallsheep asked

“a fox, it was too near the camp to be left alone” eveningspirit said as they took a few breaths “ i have to go back, can you take care of them?”

smallsheep nodded “ i can”

they sighed in relief as they laid smokeghost down to the nearest nest in the den before trotting out of the healerd den looking for warriors,
“copperstrike i need your help! theres a fox!” they meowed as they saw copperstrike
copperstrike trotted over to them “where?”

“come! sundust is already fighting it off!” they said as they darted off towards the camps exit with copperstrike

as they both arrived at where the fox had been with sundust they didnt see nor hear where sundust and the fox had gone “he was here a second ago” they said as they sniffed around

“this way!” they darted off into the bushes as copperstrike followed them

soon enough they got to the training grounds.. it was a small open area there they saw sundust lying on the ground

“SUNDUST!” he yowled as he saw his mate on the ground, the two cats ran over to sundust

“sundust can you hear me?” copperstrike asked

“ye..yeah” he coughed a bit “the fox ran away but not before…before it got me..im not sure which way it went” he said as he took deep breaths

“copperstrike help me carry him back to the camp” eveningspirit said

the two cats took turns carrying the tom towards the camp after they got there they carried sundust to the healers den

“oh no… quick lay him down here” smallsheep said as she saw the hurt tom

“is he..is he going to be alright?” copperstrike asked scared

“i…i dont know these are pretty bad injuries..” smallsheep replied as she examined the injuries on the tom

“ill.. ill go inform otterstar of our fox problem “ eveningspirit said before walking out of the den and towards where the leader sat next to dawnspeck

[ 628 words]

-- cats on patrol

Eveningspirit | they/them| HP 100% | HUP 30 % | Sick: N

Smokeghost | they/them | HP 91% | HUP 60% | Sick: N

sundust | he/him| HP 100% | HUP 40% | Sick: N

copperstrike | He/him | HP 100% | HUP 40 % | Sick: N

smallsheep | she/her| HP 100% | HUP 10 % | Sick: N

-- custom predators / prey[/size]
No
-- level3
experience: 96/400

-- active quests:

-- opted in to death?
no
-- inventory
scraps | 1 FP | x4
Bugs| 1 FP | x3
Mouse | 2 FP | x5
small fish | 2 FP | x1
Squirrel | 3 FP | x3
Rabbit | 3 FP | x4
eagle | 5 FP | x2

ragwort | x1
mallow leaves | x1
chickweed| x1
Blackberry leaves| x1
Honey| x1
Chamomile| x1
catchweed| x2
Daisy leaf| x1
wild garlic| x1
Catmint| x1
holly berries | x1
Borage leaves| x1
Lungwort | x1
Dandelion | x2
Cobwebs | x1
unohdettu.lupaus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0186.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:42 pm

CLAN EMBER !!
    x( griff archive last post )

It was like someone had lit his world on fire.

And everything else just… didn’t matter. Not when he was dancing in a thousand flames. She was the spark to his flame, the flint to his steel, the kindling of something explosive. Something foreign. Her touch, her voice, her strength. Stars, it unravelled him, igniting something secret, something so buried under the weight of dead coals. It left him breathless. Yearning.

Wanting.

Stilling the thrum of his heart, he donned a small grin. If she was looking for a show, he’d give her one. A good one. His gaze slipped to a spot behind her. He had just the thing.

Through the loose flaxen grasses, a seagull strutted around, chest puffed and webbed feet smacking against a slab of flat stone. A single caw slipped through its beak, proud and possessive. If the bird were anything but a little gull, perhaps a battle for territory was in order.

“Go get it, Tiger.” Her chuckle trilled against his ear as she leaned close, breath warm against his cheeks. She winked. “Can’t wait for the show.”

And for a second, he was under a spell. Her spell. Bewitched by her warmth, her gentle touch, her voice. Heat crept to his cheeks and his mind stuttered, swept into a timeloop, unable to think.

Until the gull’s dark beady eyes flicked towards him.

He surged forward. His paws beat, light and steady, against the ground rising to a thunderous gallop. He was flying past grass and stone and trees, a wild flame unleashed in dance, his jaws open for━

He tripped.

Feathers drifted around him, hues of dappled greys and ivory, falling like a light drizzle. The gull screeched, wings a watery blur, drowning the world in muted tones. He stifled a groan, unhooking his paw from behind the flat stone.

"Emberstar?"

"I'm fine! Just fine uh…" Turning to his side, his claws raked along the sides of the stone. Loose grass tickled the soft underpads of his paws, along with little rolling pebbles. He dug deeper, pressing further until the buzz of an irritated insect hummed. Gotcha.

Perhaps not all was lost.

With a dramatic roll, he unfurled his paw and gently blew, sending a delicate trio skittering towards her. "All part of the show, darling…" (+1FP lovebug, +1FP lovebug, +1FP lovebug, +1 lovage)
    xx
    totals

xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ emberstar (20% hunger), feathernose (20% hunger)
    xxxxxname (00% hunger), name (00% hunger), name (00% hunger)

xxxp stats (opted in for death)
    xxxx↳ +50XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+6XP for prey, +2XP for herbs, +70XP from feb quests

xxprey + herb finds for patrol
    xx+1FP lovebug, +1FP lovebug, +1FP lovebug
    xx+1 lovage

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +148XP → level 3 (259/400XP)
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────x

xxImage
    x
    notes: n/a! <33
──────────────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EchoIre » Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:08 am

𝕃𝕒𝕜𝕖ℂ𝕝𝕒𝕟
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received

Dinara looked the stranger up and down. She was... really pretty, honestly.

What?

Reigning in whatever that was, the tortoiseshell molly tried to do a more appraising once-over of the molly. She seemed well-kept, if maybe a little skinny - though it was Leafbare, and that could be said for any one of the cats around her. She seemed friendly enough, but that was exactly what worried Dinara. Cats around here weren't necessarily... amiable, especially during the colder months. LakeClan was gaining a bit of a reputation for being otherwise, mostly because others mistook them allowing those curious and guided by StarClan to join as some kind of charity, but this Furzetuft cat almost seemed to be expecting them to help, yet seemed unbothered by the prospect of them not doing so at the very same time. Her name was strange too...

Dinara had always heard warnings about the spirits that roamed the wilds. Living in the Twolegplace, they were hardly a concern, but she had learned by the wariness of her clanmates that the fairytales were perhaps a little more than what they seemed. Was this Furzetuft character a spirit? Judging by her pretty curled fur, striking yellow eyes, and easy smile, Dinara wouldn't be surprised.

She had no idea what to do.

She would give Furzetuft the herbs, of course - and probably would have even if she were just a wandering rogue needing help - but how should she go about it? Would asking Yantar for the ones he collected be rude? Would sending a cat back to get different ones? What if neither were, but the way she said it was? Dinara wished Rita wasn't so close to Furzetuft, even though she was standing between her apprentice and the stranger. It was still far too close, but telling her to move away would definitely be considered rude.

Did Rita know what they might be dealing with? Did Flurry? Spirits, this was all so stressful! What was she supposed to do?

"Of course." Yantar's voice broke the silence, making Dinara whip around in shock. The tom was standing was he was a few moments ago, innocuous as ever, but with his gaze focused solely on the stranger. "Only one of these is good for traveling, though," Yantar continued, glancing down at the herbs at his paws and separating the alder bark from the burdock root. "Rita, will you go get the tansy I collected earlier?" His look to the apprentice was pointed, and Dinara felt relief flood her senses. He was worried too, and he knew how to handle it. He was even getting Rita way from potential danger. Dinara would have to make sure he got the plumpest piece of prey when they got back. She gave him a meaningful look, hoping it conveyed her gratitude.

"O-of course!" Rita stammered, scrambling to her paws and dashing away.

Dinara turned back to Furzetuft, offering her a slightly flustered smile. She struggled to find something to say, but the weight of needing to say something pressed too heavily on her back for her to think. Thankfully, Rita came back before it got too awkward, her returned hailed by the sound of little paws crunching swiftly in the snow. Dinara turned back to welcome her closer, only to see Yantar stop her with his tail.

Silently, the warrior gestured for Rita to drop the tansy. Once she did, he collected the burdock root and tansy together before nudging the apprentice closer to Flurry. Rita, for her part, pressed tightly against Flurry's side as Yantar walked away. Dinara almost missed how Flurry draped her tail over Rita's back, but caught the flicker of movement just in time. Flurry didn't give away what she had done, instead continuing to intently watch Furzetuft. Perhaps she did have the same concern as the others. It was almost comforting to Dinara to know that her patrol had the same worries she did, though it was strange to see them so anxious.

Dinara moved to allow Yantar to stand next to her as he approached. She flashed Furzetuft another too-bright smile as he placed the herbs between himself and Furzetuft, trying her best to seem hospitable and welcoming and not incredibly unsure.

"This is what we have to offer. I hope they are enough to help you reach your friend." Yantar mewed, dipping his head to Furzetuft. "Is there anything else we may offer you?"

[ 737 words ]

-- cats on patrol
Dinara| HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: N
Flurry | HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: N
Yantar | HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: N
Rita | HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: N

Custom list here!
-- level 2
experience: 204/300
x1 Tansy and x1 Burdock Root given to Furzetuft
-- active quests:
quest #1
-- opted in to death?
Yes
-- inventory
Spinebug | 1 FP | x1
Frog | 2 FP | x2 (one converted, one earned)
Red Squirrel | 3 FP | x2 (both same post)
Hare | 3 FP | x1
Duck | 4 FP | x1
Whitefish | 4 FP | x1

Lungwort | usage | x2
Catchweed | usage | x1
Chamomile | usage | x1
Willow Bark | usage | x1
Alder Bark | usage | x1
Last edited by EchoIre on Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EchoIre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ── 005. [july explore posts] !! ))

Postby faelyn » Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:05 am

xxCATS OF THE RUINS !!xx
x
eternaloutcxst / post
writer's last reply <3
x
written words exp: 40 exp
additional exp: no exp ---
food+herb exp: 08 exp
patrol exp: 10 exp ----
death opt exp: no exp
total exp: 58 exp -----
██

─────────────────────────────────────────
pov - the fox
i am the goddess of rot and rubies. i am ruler of all of eternity and elixirs of death. i am more- ha… so much more than the little ‘fox’ they make it to be.

i will bring death upon them all. i will make them falljust like the first two.
what were their names?

to the goddess adorned with the irrdience of rubies and fire blossoming at her carmine curls, it didn’t matter. not as much as the tang of rancid blood flitting ever-so sweetly upon her tongue.
vermillion waves kissing the realities beyond her as an incendiary of tension burned bright, the lullaby of silence was… almost too much to bear.

truly, it was a shame the band had had left far too quickly.
so that said… i- the goddess of rot and rubies would find them.

and now… i danced, waltzing into a palaces kissed by flora’s woodlands.

they were here.
gasps and muffled cries poisioned the fortress built by flora and fauna, the beating of foreign hearts like an eternal rhythm cursed to go on forever. until now.
“care if i joined the party?”
obsidian and ink curls bounded forwards… as fierce as the passionate rage of a thousand warrior angels seemed to descend all at once.

copperstrike.. was it?
(-1% health for copperstrike [minor face wound] :c no posts of rest needed)
“copperstrike!” a startled song as the warrior angel recoiled at my touch, a gaze fathomed of the first kiss of autumn widened, rushing forwards even as his wounds turned into roses, ebbing a thousand hues of scarlet and crimson. “a-are you-”

and so… like a giant, the warrior angel’s lover fell.
(-1% health for sundust [random injury > belly wound] :c no herbs or posts of rest required )

my laugh was lyrcial… raspy and as bittersweet as the fall of winter.
“darlings… it appears i have to go.” eyes fluttering shut into a wink, and so i bestowed the cowering souls a basket adorned with rot and dancing shadows. “until next time.”
(+1 owl [4fp], +1 lungowort, +1 ragwort, +1 alder bark, +1 cobwebs, +8exp)

┌──────────────────────────────────────────────┐
fp earned: 4 fpxxxxx level: level 3 (96/400) -> level 3 (154/400)xxxxxitems earned: n/a xxfree posts? : zero posts xxxxx
herbs earned: +1 lungwort,+1 ragwort, +1 alder bark, +1 cobwebsxxxxxhunger: 10% for the entire patrol!

└──────────────────────────────────────────────┘
Last edited by faelyn on Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SonOfStarGod » Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:15 am

I'm picking my own!
new prey:
scraps, beetles, scorpions, desert gekos| 1 FP
eggs, small ocean fish, birds, jeroba| 2 FP
sea birds, hares, medium ocean fish, road runner| 3 FP
snakes, armadillo, meerkat/prairie dogs| 4 FP
large ocean fish, vultures, ringtailed cat| 5 FP
new predators:
honey badger, coyote, cougar, zombies, poisonous snakes and reptiles, vultures
Would you like your current inventory converted to the new prey list? No
ImageImageImage
StarGod | they/them | | Always looking for trades!
SonOfStarGod

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SonOfStarGod » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:08 am

Those of the Grotto
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received

Exploration #1 - (286)
The One Who Know No Bounds and Love's Grace slipped quietly out of the cave the clan called home. The One was a smallish calico cat, mostly white with deep red splotches and deeper stripes with black spots overlaying and a sleek white-tipped tail. An assortment of flowers could often be found dancing upon her coat. Although her paws were soft, she had sharp claws pointing out and she was not unknown to the hardships of the world. Love's Grace on the other paw was a black and white cat, with faint stripes patrolling the black splotches that covered her fur and a face spilt mostly half and half of that black and white with a faint scar across her nose. Little tufts of fur sprouted from her ears and rainbow flowers could also be seen dotting her pelt. How she got such flowers was unknown to any cat.

Anyways, slinking out the lovers bounded across the dry grass, not an idea in their heads of where they were going. Perhaps they would hunt fish at the grand waterfall where rainbows cascaded down. But that would be too frightfully of a trip for them today as the junkyard was close by and zombies could sometimes be found wandering on down. So they decided without having to say a word to each other that they would simply patrol the mesa canons that dotted the landscape. The sandstone that soaked up the sun burnt their paw pads but life in the desert had gotten them used to the pain so they ignored it as they bounded across soft but sturdy sandstone. They traveled east coming to a small spring where they decided to rest and have a drink.

-- cats on patrol
The One Who Knows No Bounds | she/her| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Love's Grace | she/her| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

here

prey
scraps, beetles, scorpions, desert gekos| 1 FP
eggs, small ocean fish, birds, jeroba| 2 FP
sea birds, hares, medium ocean fish, road runner| 3 FP
snakes, armadillo, meerkat/prairie dogs| 4 FP
large ocean fish, vultures, ringtailed cat| 5 FP
predators:
honey badger, coyote, cougar, zombies, poisonous snakes and reptiles, vultures

Map & Landscape
lankscape moodboard

-- level 0
experience: 0
nope

-- active quests:
nope

-- opted in to death?
nope

-- inventory
nope
ImageImageImage
StarGod | they/them | | Always looking for trades!
SonOfStarGod

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xem » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:54 am

LakeClan
EchoIre

Previous Reply

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Furzetuft watched the group closely, sensing their tension. She did her best to put herself at ease for the others, to present herself as non-threatening. Though she couldn’t blame them for being wary, as she too would likely give a stranger similar treatment. She was only grateful they were willing to help, and they were remaining very respectful. Her pale yellow eyes watched with amusement as the apprentice dashed off, before her eyes met the older cats once more.

“I do appreciate your help, I really do.” The older she-cat spoke, her tail flicking at her side. “Though, while the young’n is away, I must give a bit of a warning. During my travels I came across the scent of a wolf. How many or how close… I couldn’t exactly tell. I would suggest checking it out, or at least, remaining diligent.” She dipped her head.

Yantar and Dinara exchanged glances, both figuring this was the last thing they needed. And a wolf of all things? Dinara would’ve taken a fox any day if it spared her the chance to encounter a wolf. It made her pelt itch with nervousness at the thought of Rita being alone—even just for a moment to grab the tansy. Though she allowed herself to relax, and was grateful Furzetuft had told them when Rita was away. The poor apprentice was already nervous with a stranger around, she didn’t need anything else getting in her head.

Furzetuft seemed appeased as Rita came back, watching as they took yet another precaution when giving the herbs to her. “Oh I appreciate you all for giving these to me, they will be useful on my travels. You never know what you could need when exploring the unknown. As a gift of gratitude, please, take this.” The molly said, sliding something forward to Yantar.

【 +1 Uncommon Edit 】

“I will get out of your fur now, safe travels to you all. Be careful out there.” She added softly, her eyes traveling to the much smaller apprentice.

Yantar nodded, “Thank you for the gift, may we bid you safe travels as well.” He replied, watching the stranger slowly slink away. But now all he could think about was the wolf. His gaze shot to Flurry, “Hey, how about you and I… go check out this new hunting spot quick? The wind will be in our favor, and we’ll be right back once we check it out.” The tom simply wanted to assess the situation, so they could report back to the others with news. Once they scented it—that was if they could find the scent—they could determine how stale or fresh it was before swiftly returning to Dinara and Rita.

Though Dinara wasn’t so sure about this idea. She knew it wouldn’t be wise to split up. But against it all, she sighed, nodding. “Very well. But as soon as you know what you need to, return back here immediately. No stops, no anything.” Though her eyes were focused heavily on Flurry. She trusted Yantar without a doubt.

Rita couldn’t help but feel as if there was something she didn’t know, but figured it didn’t matter too much. As she watched the two other cats head off, she studied Dinara, seeing the worry within her. She looked around, spotting something only a few tail lengths away. Maybe this would cheer up Dinara. She dashed for it, causing Dinara’s eyes to widen. “Rita-“ She snapped, fearing the apprentice would run off into nowhere, eyes widening.

Dinara sighed in slight annoyance as instead of doing what she suspected, Rita had grabbed a stick, and was returning to her with it. Rita’s eyes beamed with confidence, “Can I keep it?”

Dinara stifled a groan. Apprentices. At least above all, she was safe. “Yes dear, you can keep it.”

【 +1 Stick, +2 XP 】

Meanwhile, Yantar and Flurry were heading off in the direction Furzetuft had indicated the wolf scent had been. They moved slowly, keeping their guard up at all times, grateful the wind was indeed in their favor.

Sudden rustling caused the two to freeze, eyes darting towards the brush. Yantar’s brows furrowed as he stared towards the sound, wondering if he was seeing it right. But yes, he was. There was a duck, hidden away within the thicket. Perhaps it had hurt its wing, or could no longer fly.

Yantar looked at Flurry, and the two knew what to do. Yantar worked his way around the dense brush, lunging into the brush, to scare the duck out. The duck scrambled the opposite direction, right into the paws of Flurry.

【 +1 Duck (4 FP), +8 XP 】

The two continued onward, deciding it was best to carry their duck for now. They didn’t want to risk a wolf stealing such a plentiful piece of prey. With a face full of duck, Flurry wasn’t able to smell much else, and it was Yantar who caught the scent first. Wolf.

“I smell it.” He whispered, causing Flurry to pause. “It’s not very stale at all… it’s been here recently. We need to get back to the others, and quickly.”

There was no hesitation as the two began running back to their group, but Flurry couldn’t help but fall slightly behind as she carried the large duck.

The two returned to Rita and Dinara, eyes full of fear. “It- It’s fresh. As far as I could tell it was only one… what should we do?” He asked Dinara, knowing whatever they did could end fatally. He could only hope the wolf was simply passing through, and didn’t intend to come back their direction.

❖ Your patrol has scented a wolf! They can choose to engage or ignore it in your next post!

Level Up!

Level 2 → Level 3 (24/400)

+2 FP, +1 Herb, +1 NR MYO

◤⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯◥

❖ 【 +90 XP for Words Written
❖ 【
+20 XP for Patrol Sent
❖ 【
+10% Hunger from Rita, Dinara, Flurry, and Yantar
❖ 【
+8 XP Prey, +2 XP Herb

Total