Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Stars V.2 • Warriors Survival Game • Explore

Postby Sillybob101 » Sat May 15, 2021 2:37 am

Tribe of Scorching Sun
Thistlestar ponders for a moment. The she-cat paced over the dry earth, weighing her options. Did she believe she was fit enough to face a fox alone? No, she thought to herself quietly. That wouldn't be wise... she continued to think. She stalked over towards the stale fox scent again, taking a few whiffs of the stinky scent because blinking slowly. I suppose it wouldn't be too bad if I just...followed it a little bit though...I just have to be extra careful. The young, naive feline rose to her paws and slowly began tracing back the fox scent, keeping her promise of caution as she began her pursuit.
[ 111 words ]

--cats on patrol
Thistlestar | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: Y/N
--level 0 (total 48/100)
experience:
+22 (r1)
+26 (r2)

--inventory

scraps | 1 FP | x1
mouse | 2 FP | x1
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

herb | usage | x0
herb | usage | x0
herb | usage | x0
--items in inventory used
Any items used this post (or eaten)
ex. food, herbs, explore items
--predators:
predator #1: Fox
predator #2
predator #3
predator #4
Sillybob101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lex. » Sat May 15, 2021 4:10 am

+15XP for 111 words written
+10XP for patrol sent
+0% hunger [0 free posts left, you cats will start taking hunger on your next post!]

Thistlestar followed the fox's' scent. As she neared the end of her territory, she began to realize the fox had left her territory, and had left a scrap of whatever prey it had behind, along with some herbs.
+1FP, +1 Scrap, +1XP
+1 Juniper Berry +1 Cobweb, +2XP
After picking up the scrap and herbs, Thistlestar found a hourglass (bypass cooldown)! +1XP
Thistlestar stored them under a dry bush. All of a sudden, a flash of red fur went by.
"Huh?" She sniffed the air. "Fox, and it's not a stale scent this time."
She gathered her thoughts. I have to be careful, I can't risk getting injured out here. At least I have herbs now but-
She saw the red fur again.
Will she pursue the fox? Or will she ignore it and turn back?

Totals

+29XP | +1FP | +1 Juniper Berry +1 Cobweb | Level 0 (77/100)

xx
lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
    What you gonna do when you get out of jail?
    I'm gonna have some fun
    What do you consider fun?
    fun, natural fun

I'm in heaven
    With my boyfriend, my laughing boyfriend
    There's no beginning and there is no end
    Time isn't present in that dimension

-;; tom tom club

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SushiFoxx » Sat May 15, 2021 5:35 am

MistClan
EchoStar was looking for some prey and herbs. She scented the air and left out a deep sigh. Her mind raced with thoughts of the clan, she looked around for someherbs. Echostar had minamal amounts of knowlage on herbs but had enough to know which were bad.
[ 47 words ]

--cats on patrol
Echostar | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 0
experience: 0

--inventory
prey | 1 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

herb | usage | x0
herb | usage | x0
herb | usage | x0
--predators:
predator #1:
predator #2
predator #3
predator #4

I hope I did this right ;w;
Lights: Off <3
Hello!
DA
csds!
Discord is ArcticFox#0652 for contact!
Goal; 0/250c$
"You'll miss a opportunity for every chance you don't take"
SushiFoxx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sillybob101 » Sat May 15, 2021 5:44 am

Tribe of Scorching Sun
The strong stench of fox lingered in the air, Thistlestar's back fur bristling as she inhaled the smell. Her claws began to slide out of their sheaths, her mind racing as she stood crouched and frozen. Taking in a quiet breath, Thistlestar turned her back towards the strong fox scent and raced away in the other direction.
[ 57 words ]

(also, do I have to log the hourglass as an item in my inventory?)

--cats on patrol
Thistlestar | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: Y/N
--level 0 (77/100)
experience:
+29 r3

--inventory

scraps | 2 FP | x2
mouse | 2 FP | x1
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

juniper berry | usage | x1
cobwebs | usage | x1
herb | usage | x0
--predators:
predator #1: Fox
predator #2
predator #3
predator #4
Sillybob101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Sun May 16, 2021 8:42 am

Shoreclan

Although she didn't want to admit it, Stormswirl was still slightly weak from getting sick. She encouraged the others to go ahead and stopped for a moment to breathe. When she returned to the group, the she-cats were gathered around various different bushes. There was an abundance of herbs still available for them, even though it was now leaf-bare! They were shocked. Tempestslash picked up the yarrow, Embersnow picked up alder bark, Blueberrynose picked up stinging nettle, and Stormswirl carefully picked up the deadly nightshade.

Despite the scent of the herbs, Tempestslash could still smell other things in the area and quickly scented something out of the ordinary for the clan. Reporting her news to her sister Stormswirl, she hissed, "I scented a fox. It doesn't seem to very far from us, either."

"What should we do?" Embersnow gasped and turned her head to Blueberrynose. The two began quietly conversing with one another, sending glances over to Stormswirl. She knew what she had to do. Stormswirl was the deputy and the leader of this patrol, so she had to make the decision. The only problem was... would she make the right one?

"We should leave the fox alone and return to camp. These herbs are more important," she decided. Tempestslash seemed a bit angry at this decision, but Embersnow and Blueberrynose were relieved. The group of she-cats turned away from the forest and headed back to camp.

---

The next morning, Stormswirl still felt tired and fatigued. Perhaps she hadn't fully recovered from her illness as she thought? But she would never admit that to anyone. She couldn't lead the patrol this morning, and it would have to be assigned to someone else. Padding out of the tunnel leading from the warriors' den, she squinted in the sun and surveyed the camp. Who should she make the leader of the patrol?

Tempestslash was sitting by the fresh-kill pile and enjoying a mouse. Although the two sisters had a rocky relationship, Stormswirl knew that she was a perfect choice. Trotting over, she dipped her head and informed her, "I'd like you to lead the patrol from now on. Maybe occasionally I'll tag along. Given the situation of the scent of the fox... I want to stay here to be prepared if it comes all the way to the camp."

The blue-silver mackerel tabby stared in surprise at the deputy. "Oh, um, of course, Stormswirl. I can do that for you. I'll keep a lookout for the fox, too. We can never be too careful." Tempestslash stood up from her finished meal. She gathered Embersnow and Blueberrynose, the two she-cats gossiping as always. She wanted the patrol to be slightly stronger, so she invited Tigershine and Streambrook to come along.

Now that they were ready, they set off into the forest. Would they come across the fox again, or something even worse?

[ 480 words ]

--cats on patrol
Tempestslash | HP 100% | HUP 40% | Sick: No
Embersnow | HP 100% | HUP 40% | Sick: No
Blueberrynose | HP 100% | HUP 40% | Sick: No
Tigershine | HP 100% | HUP 00% | Sick: No
Streambrook | HP 100% | HUP 00% | Sick: No

--level 3
experience: 206/400
proof

1 mouse for Tempestslash
--inventory
eagle | 5 FP | x1
mouse | 1 FP | x2
rabbit | 4 FP | x2
scraps | 1 FP | x2
shrew | 2 FP | x2

alder bark | eases toothaches | x1
bindweed | binds sticks | x1
broom | used in poultices | x1
cobweb | stops bleeding | x2
coltsfoot | eases breathing | x1
deadly nightshade | poison | x1
deathberries | poison | x1
holly berries | poison | x1
lovage | helps cure coughs | x1
mint | hides death scent | x1
rush | binds broken bones | x1
sorrel | traveling herb | x1
stinging nettle | reduces swelling | x1
tansy | helps cure coughs | x1
willow bark | eases pain | x1
yarrow | extracts poison | x1
--predators:
fox (forest)
bobcat (forest)
coyote (forest)
bear (forest)
cougar (forest)
orcas (beach)
whales (beach)
jellyfish (beach)
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

explore replies!

Postby sunny-skies » Mon May 17, 2021 11:23 am

SmilePup wrote:Springclan

it wasn't long before the tansy started to take effect, beginning to ease the tom's aching belly. good. he needed to hunt, and it wouldn't be any help if it hurt too much for him to move. besides, he enough to deal with as it was. namely, the fox. of course, he couldn't just let a creature that dangerous roaming around freely in his territory. he'd have to chase it off, or at least attempt to, before it was able to cause any lasting damage.

ferretstar turned to pursue the fox's scent, his ears perked as he lifted his nose slightly into the air. the tom made sure to step softly as he pursued the scent's trail, careful where he placed his paws. however, as he continued on, the tom began to notice the scent gradually grew fainter, until it eventually drifted out of the territory entirely. it must have just been passing through springclan's territory, as the fox seemed to be long gone now. at least it was gone now, though, and hopefully wouldn't be returning anytime soon. he wasn't particularly hopeful of his chances against a fully-grown fox, and part of him couldn't help but feel glad that he hadn't had to face one himself.

hopeful to make up for his lost time hunting, ferretstar made sure to keep a keen eye out for his surroundings as he made his way through his clan'a territory. something peeking under a nearby bush caught his eye and, upon further investigation, revealed itself to be some leftover prey scraps. though not much remained of whatever it used to be, he was just glad he'd managed to find a meal. (+1fp, +1xp)
a few tail-lengths away, the tom managed to spot a herb among the underbrush! making sure not to damage the delicate stalk with his teeth, ferretstar gently plucked the herb from the ground. (+1 watermint)

+15xp for 109 words
+10xp for patrol sent
+10xp for sickness healed
-10% hunger

total :

+37xp | -10% hunger | +1 watermint | +1fp (scraps) | level 1 (30/200)

congrats, you've leveled up! you have received +1fp (scraps)

note; please write down how much hunger (hup) your cat has gained each post! every post a cat is in means -10% hunger for the cat, unless they are fed ^^

phantom-chain wrote:───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
ImageImageImage

───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

smokyquartz made her way down to the forested area below, the soft, spongy ground a welcome change from the jagged rocks. the molly made sure to stay sharply aware of her surroundings, trying her best to keep her mind from wandering elsewhere. she wouldn't be able to forage for herbs, or hunt if she was lucky enough, efficiently if she wasn't paying attention to what was around her, after all.

the molly weaved through the trees, her eyes alert as they scanned the forest around her. after a few moments of searching, her gaze fell upon a small patch of herbs that stood nearby, causing her eyes to light up in excitement. smokyquartz rushed towards the small patch, letting out a small sigh of relief upon spotting a good few that she was able to recognize. lucky that she had managed to come across some, as it was always good for her to stock up on more herbs. though many sicknesses had vanished along with leafbare, they might still be needed one day. smokyquartz preferred to keep an extra few on hand, anyway, just in case. (+1 catmint, +1 coltsfoot, +1 willow leaves)

though prey didn't seem to make much of an appearance, smokyquartz managed to come across some prey scraps! the remaining scraps of what used to be a rabbit lay half-buried underneath some pine needles, and she hadn't even noticed them until they were practically under her paws. it must have been left behind from another predator, though it seemed as though they never bothered to come back for whatever remained of their catch. (+1fp, +1xp)

+30xp for 440 words
+10xp for patrol sent
+0% hunger (2 free posts left!)

total :

+44xp | +0% hunger | +1 catmint, +1 coltsfoot, +1 willow leaves | +1fp (scraps) | level 0 (44/100)
sunny-skies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gravis Cordis » Mon May 17, 2021 5:28 pm

Lightstar has decided to send Rapidstrike back to the camp to fetch some of their clanmates.
She wasn't planning on engaging in a fight with the fox, but she wanted to investigate. A fight would be avoided if at all possible, but if it came down to it, she wanted enough cats to fight it off. She sniffed the air occasionally, just in case the fox wandered any closer. Its scent was fresh and tangy, offending her nose with every breath she took. Luckily, at least, the fox was keeping a respectful distance.
It didn't take very long at all for Rapidstrike to return with Silentstalk, Windchaser, and Brightspring. Lightstar nodded her thanks to her deputy and quickly briefed her clanmates on the plan. They all murmured in agreement, finding her idea of investigate first, fight later to be a good one. The five cats stalked closer to the bridge, noses twitching as they carefully examined their territory. Windchaser's fur bristled fearfully as she and her mate, Silentstalk padded alongside each other at the back of the group. Brightspring took the right side of the group with Rapidstrike on the left, both keeping their eyes peeled for the fox.
Lightstar was at the head of the group, leading them. Brightspring nosed at a bush, noticing a few upturned leaves under its low-hanging branches.
The bush smelled faintly of the fox, the scent of it being somewhat stale.
She brought this to the rest of the group's attention and everyone moved on, keeping in mind that the fox might have been lingering nearby for longer than they'd thought. Rapidstrike caught Lightstar's eye and she smiled reassuringly at him. Despite their earlier argument, she could easily put that aside to keep her young clan safe. Eventually, the patrol of five reached the border by the bridge,
near where Rapidstrike has first smelled the fox earlier in the day.
Rapidstrike showed the other four cats where he had smelled the fox the strongest and they carefully looked around from the shelter of a clump of ferns. Everyone was being silent, too worried to speak in case the fox might be lingering nearby. It was possible it had already moved on, but nobody wanted to take that chance. Especially not with a gentlepaw to heal them if things went awry.
There was no sign of a den, not that any cat expected there to be.
They had patrolled this part of the territory not too long ago thus it didn't seem likely the fox had settled in that fast. However, if the fox decided to settle here, they would have to drive it away. And that would take more than a few well-placed scratches.
Eventually, when off with Rapidstrike to check the area, Windchaser came back with some news. "Silentstalk and I spotted a shallow den not far from here. We smelled the fox pretty strongly there. Lightstar, should we confront it?"
Lightstar took a moment to ponder her options before nodding. "Good job you two. Let's flank around the back of the den and flush the fox out. Windchaser, I want you to draw it out. Pretend to be wounded." The leader of Lightclan hummed under her breath thoughtfully before nodding to herself. "If it comes out, I want you to climb up the nearest tree. Once it's exposed, the rest of us will surprise it from the underbrush."
Rapidstrike smiled, his fangs exposed. "Sounds like a plan." He gestured to Silentstalk, wanting the less battle-inclined cat to him. As one of the best fighters in Lightclan so far, he wanted to keep an eye on the smaller, black tom.
Lightstar allowed Brightspring to lead the way to the den and once they spotted it, the five cats got into place. Brightspring was on the far side of the clearing, Rapidstrike and Silentstalk hid on the left side, and Lightstar huddled under a bush not far from where Windchaser would be. Once the four attacking cats were in position, Windchaser limped into the small clearing. She let out plaintive meows and cries while pretending to favor one of her front legs. She put on quite the impressive act and for a split second, Lightstar found herself concerned for the pretty she-cat. Windchaser huffed as if out of breath before collapsing onto the ground with a loud yowl of pseudo pain.
Lightstar shifted in her hiding spot, eyes trained on the fox's den. If that hadn't made the fox curious by now, nothing else in the forest would. She glanced at Brightspring from across the clearing. The other she-cat's whiskers twitched and both promptly returned their undivided attention to the den.

[ 658 words ]

--level 1
experience: 130/200

None

--cats on patrol
Lightstar | HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: N
Rapidstrike | HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: N
Silentstalk | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N
Windchaser | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N
Brightspring | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--predators:
Foxes (Common)
Weasel (Common)
Eagles
Stray dog(s) (Rare)
--inventory
FOOD
Scraps | 1 FP | x1
Bugs | 1 FP | x1
Wood mouse | 2 FP | x2
Shrew | 2 FP | x1
Hedgehog | 3 FP | x1
Hare | 4 FP | x1
HERBS
Marigold | Prevents
bleeding, inflammation, and
stops infection | x2
Chickweed | Used to
treat greencough | x4
Comfrey Root | Repairing
broken bones and soothing
wounds/inflammation | x1
Chervil | Used to
treat bellyaches and
infected wounds | x2
Tormentil | Good for
all wounds/extracting poison | x2
Bindweed | Binds sticks together to
mend a broken/sprained bone | x2
Willow Leaves | Used to
stop vomiting | x1
Burnet | A leaf
used to give strength | x1
Gravis Cordis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Tue May 18, 2021 8:43 am

honeystar tried to reassure herself. you can do this. you've already started your own clan! now all you need to do is just catch lunch. she thought. you've caught plenty of mice for your owner before. you can do this! she was nervous, but she needed to get better at hunting if she was going to be a good leader. she didn't want to go very far into the woods since she already seen some mice scurrying in the meadow she was already in, but just catching mice wouldn't feed her forever. nonetheless, she decided she'd check out the forest another day, but stick to the lush field for now. after all, she needed to get a better mental map of the meadow anyway. . .
    [142]
    cats on patrol
    honeystar | hp 100% | hup 0% | sick: n
    level 0
    --inventory
    empty
    none
    --predators:
    none

Postby Flatterina » Tue May 18, 2021 9:07 am

+65 XP [1124 words written]
+10 XP [Patrol sent]
+10% Hunger each

Ashcloud took a deep breath as she and the others spread through the grove, tasting the air for any other unpleasant surprises – namely more predators or cats who had come by earlier, scaring away the prey. Luckily, though, all she smelled was the scent of a vole somewhere to her right. Flicking her ears back to protect them from the prickly branches she dove between the bushes to her side, carefully paying attention not to step on any of the dead leaves littering the floor. Luckily, most of the last season’s fallen leaves had rotted away, leaving only young, soft shoots that didn’t produce much noise as she slowly placed her paws near them.
Keeping her body low to the ground she crept closer to where, by now, she could hear the soft rasping of the vole gnawing on a seed and continued inching forward until she could see it moving between the leaves.
She held her tail steady so it wouldn’t brush against any of the plants, adjusted her hind paws, and then launched herself forcefully thought the ferns, her right front paw swiftly pinning the rodent to the floor.
It struggled, but she quickly broke its neck with a well-placed bite and then picked it up, hurrying back to her place in the formation.
[+1 Vole, +2 FP, +2 XP]

Somewhere behind her she heard something heavy rustle through the greenery, then a loud screech sounded. For a second, her heart stopped beating as she readied herself for yet another predator to burst from the bushed, but instead Jaggedmoon emerged. His face was cloudy, and his hackles raised, but in his jaws he held a fat squirrel.
[+1 Squirrel, +3 FP, +3 XP]

“I was too slow to stop it,” he growled, clearly dissatisfied with himself.
“Great catch, though,” Ashcloud meowed in an attempt to pacify the tom, who only huffed.
With a sigh, the commander raised her voice. “Cinderpeak, Swifthare, let’s head back!”
The two of them had only to wait a few moments until the other two members of their patrol joined them, Cinderpeak carrying a few herbs.
[+1 Borage Leaves, +1 Wintergreen, +2 XP]

Though she noticed Jaggedmoon still wasn’t happy with himself, Ashcould was fairly content with the outcome of their patrol. Surely, Rowanclaw would have arrived back at the camp with the hawk by now, and with this prey and the scraps they had buried earlier, not even Buckstar would be able to find fault in the results of their patrol – hopefully.
She breathed in deeply, trying to calm her nerves down, and then lead her patrol back up the mountain.

Total
+5 FP | +1 Borage Leaves | +1 Wintergreen | +82 XP | Level 1 [157/200]

iStarz & Everly wrote:ShiverClan

+75 XP [1300 words written]
+10 XP [Patrol sent]
+10% Hunger each

After saying goodbye to Echo, ShadeStar invited his cats to go hunting so they would have something to present the cats that had stayed at home. The apprentices went off, meowing to each other in excitement, and he could only remind them to stay in hearing range before they were all but vanished between the trees and ferns.
Rolling his eyes, he turned to SageFur and LionStep.
“I hope RussetPaw will do well,” he meowed, and LionStep nodded in agreement.
“I’m sure he will,” SageFur answered, her gaze fixed on a butterfly keeping pace with them as they strolled along the path leading back to their camp. They were well within their schedule if they wanted to be back before nightfall, so the three of them walked rather slowly, relaxing after the excitement of meeting the tribe.
They had been chatting idly for a while when suddenly the ferns lining the path to their left rustled and SongPaw burst through. “I caught a mouse!” she meowed around the rodent between her jaws, her tail held high in pride.
“Good job,” ShadeStar purred warmly. “And you, too!”
BirchPaw had emerged right after the other learner, a small shrew hanging from his mouth.
[+1 Mouse, +1 Shrew, +4 FP, +4 XP]

He had just breathed in to say something else when LionStep hissed sharply.
ShadeStar whipped around to see what his Second had noticed and found the tom staring at the sky, his golden eyes narrowed.
“An eagle,” he growled. “A big one. We have to protect the apprentices and take it down.”
The leader folded his ears back as he searched the sky for a trace of the predator.
There it was! It was circling over the treetops, no doubt having spotted a few of the learners bumbling about between the greenery.
He gave a sharp cry, letting the rest of his clanmates know they should return to him immediately.
“Maybe it will be deterred by the number of cats we are and give up the hunt,” SageFur theorized hesitantly.
“I doubt it. But it’s your decision,” LionStep meowed, turning to look at ShadeStar.
“Should we try to take it down or should we leave it be?”

Total
+4 FP | +89 XP | Level 1 [44/200]

Congrats, you levelled up! As a reward, you receive 1 FP!
Writing Commissions -- Examples
Physical / Personality Descriptions, Histories, Prompts, Short Stories, etc.
Any Genre -- Any Length
Flatterina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vinson » Tue May 18, 2021 9:20 am

The day was just like any other - gray and damp and hushed, the clouds fat and threatening to drop rain at any second. The city, a constant thrum of noise, seemed the same as always. But today was the day that four cat's destinies would intertwine, their fates weaving together into an inseparable single thread. As one lay dying in the forest, one leapt to catch her next meal; another bolted out of the bodega he called home, and yet another escaped a ravenous pack and earned another notch in his ear. Unbeknownst to all four, their wildly different lives would soon mold together into an unbreakable bond - the clan of the broken night.

Thread One: Crow-Food
The dark coated tabby tom rustled through the undergrowth of the forest, ears pinned and eyes watching for danger. They expected a former clanmate to come rushing at them from any direction, at any moment - they were not driven away from their clan in the mountains for no good reason, after all. The death of their apprentice hung heavy over their head, saddened their heart, and even though they knew it had not been their fault, they felt the grief, the pain, the anger, and betrayal of being blamed for their apprentice's single fateful footstep that had been out of their control. Everything had been taken from them - their position, their safety, their reputation, even their name. Now they were Carrion. Crow food, rotten, dying. The clan had fought them tooth and nail, shunning them forever from the mountains that they had called home. They paused under a blossoming blackberry bush, sniffed and ate a few. They were sweet and tangy, but they craved meat. Back in the mountains they would have caught mice and squirrels that scrabbled over the steep rock ledges, waited for hawks to swoop down and pounce on their feathery backs, but they had a hard time catching prey here. Twigs and leaves crunched under their paws, scaring everything away. Carrion let out a huff and continued searching. Eventually a mouse was dumb enough to almost crawl into their paws, and they ate it ravenously. There was not much to eat when you were trying to avoid your old clanmates and not used to hunting in this strange forest land. Scenting the air, their skin began to crawl and their ears flattened in fear. The old clan! They rushed into a bush, hoping their scent had begun to fade and they wouldn't find them. Only the stars above knew what they would do to them if they were found here, so close to where the clan had left them!

Thread 2: The Birdwatcher
The black she cat with a strikingly white face licked her lips and crouched down quickly, spying a thrush perched on a branch in the tree above her. She was still and silent, every breath quiet and calm, nothing ever betraying her position or her excitement. Slowly she crept towards her prey, mouth watering with the thought of fresh kill, until she shot out of the bushes and leaped, grabbing the thrush expertly with her unsheathed claws and smacking it to the ground. Greedily she hunched over her prey, taking large gulps, eating the whole bird - feathers and all. Raven knew how to catch a bird, any bird, and that was the only reason she survived alone in these woods. The larger woods, Hunter's Woods, were much safer, but the birding was better here. That was because of the bear that drove most other predators out, she thought cautiously, pausing for a moment to sniff the air. No bear, but to her alarm, she smelled a patrol of angry cats she had never scented before. Raven gulped up the last few bites of her bird and darted up quickly into the tree she had batted her prey from, attempting to conceal herself among the branches.

The Connection:
Raven watched from her perch as a group of cats skimmed their way through the forest, trying their best not to make too much noise. They were following a scent trail - not hers, but another cat she had not recognized. A bush quivered, and the group of four immediately darted towards it, yowling and screeching, diving in on their prey - the other cat! She let out a little gasp as the dark tomcat tried to run away, but to no avail. The others piled on top of him, scratching and clawing mercilessly as he yowled and yowled, begging to be let go. The biggest of the attackers, a heavily muscled black tom with scars all along his back, bit the dark tom around his neck and dragged him out from under the pile of other cats. He had grown pitifully weak, and she could tell the attackers were much more well fed and stronger than him - and stronger than her, otherwise she would go down and give those ugly brutes a few scratches herself. She could do nothing but watch as the big black tom swatted a paw with huge claws at the tabby tom's face, making a brutal scar down the whole side of his face and blinding him in one eye. Raven cowered as the cats walked away, laughing at the damage they had done to the tabby who lay broken and bleeding on the forest floor.
After they were far enough away for her comfort, Raven leaped down from her tree on shaky legs and staggered over to the defeated tomcat. He wailed as she drew closer, trying to scuffle away in fear, but she purred and gently nudged his head to comfort him. He grew still as she licked his wounds, and eventually he had gained enough strength to speak. "Who are you?" he asked, voice hushed and rasping, clearly still afraid. "My name is Raven," she hummed gently, looking into his remaining good eye. "Carrion," he muttered, glancing away, and at first she thought she had heard him wrong. "They drove me away, they thought I killed another cat - I didn't, I swear to the stars above that I didn't, but they took my name away. Now I must be called Carrion," he wept, standing on unsteady paws. Together they walked out of the woods, Carrion leaning on Raven as blood continued to ooze out of his fresh wounds, but together the two were safer than one alone.

Connection ; Thread 3: Bodega Escapee
The lithe ginger and white tom sunned himself, as much as he possibly could on a cloudy day like today, on the window of the little bodega. The little bell jingled each time the door opened and closed, but never before today had Pine ever dared to leave that door alone. He always went with the shopkeeper, or his mother, or sometimes another human that had come to the store, but never alone. Today, however, there was an itching thought inside his brain that refused to go away. What would happen, he thought quietly, if I just darted out of that door by myself? It opened far too often for him not to be able to leave whenever he wanted, and all he would have to do was get the timing right. But why would he want to leave? The humans took good care of him and his mother, they fed him and gave him tasty human food scraps, and they always made sure he was warm and comfortable no matter the weather outside. But every time that little bell rang, the thought of leaving rang in his mind as well. He stretched, extending his body, and stood up to walk and pace the aisles. He gave all of the shelves a good sniff, but like always, there was no scent of prey, just human food. Maybe this was why he wanted to leave - he wanted to catch something! That had to be it. He would leave to catch a mouse or a rat or something, but then he would come back to his comfortable spot on the windowsill of the bodega. With a glance towards his mother, laying quietly at the counter next to the shop owner, he realized he still may never see her again. What did he know about finding prey - much less, finding his way back? But he knew he had to go. Something was telling him that there was more waiting for him outside the bodega door. There was more to life than just sitting in the window and sunning himself, more than just pacing the aisles and waiting for the human to feed him. Quietly his lean legs carried him to the door, where he sat and waited for it to open. When it did he darted out quickly, dashing away from the place he had called home his whole life and out into the unknown.

Pine ran through the streets, dodging humans and cars and careening around buildings until he had reached what seemed to be the edge of the city. He turned, looking at the buildings once more, but then went back to face the forest. Out here was all the prey he could imagine! He scented the air, but to his dismay, he smelled the fear scent and blood of another cat. He crept forward to peer into the bushes and the darkness that was covered by the tall trees, and heard the two cats before he saw them. They were both black, one tom and one molly, and the tabby tom was covered in new scratches and blood, and his eye was frightening. Pine was about to turn around and run back to the safety of his bodega, but the molly saw him and yowled. "Wait! Please come and help!" And Pine realized that he had no idea which way to go to get back home. Fearful, he turned back towards the straggling pair and padded over. "I'm Raven and this is Carrion," the molly mewed, letting the tabby tom, Carrion, slip and lay down. "He used to live in the mountains but his clan drove him out and attacked him in the forest," she explained as Pine stared at the deep scratches that would soon become large, bright pink scars. "We need a place to rest for a while. Can you take us to one?" Pine stared at her now. The molly was straightforward and bold, nothing like his shy mother, and it caught him off guard. "My name is Pine," he said, "And I don't know anywhere to go. I just left my home and I don't know how to get back," he murmured, casting his gaze down. He didn't want to let these two cats down, but he had never left the safety of the bodega before. The molly huffed, but then turned back and looked at Carrion. "Well, at least help me carry him for a ways until we can find a spot?" she asked, and before he could stammer out a response she cut him off. "You could stay with us for a while. It's safer to travel as a clan." He nodded, and together the three cats walked into the city, Carrion leaning on the both of them.

Connection ; Thread 4: Exiled
The solid black tom hissed and spat at the other cats that were beginning to surround him, growling and unsheathing their claws. Already he had earned the fresh scar across his nose from this band of rogues that he had once called family, and he wasn't about to let them give him another. His golden eyes narrowed, and the muscular but lean tom sprang on one of his attackers, swiping at them with long, sharp claws. This would show them! He growled, dodging a blow from a mangy ginger molly and scratching at another gray tom. He had done nothing but try and help this savage band of cats, and now they were trying to harm him - all because he couldn't get rid of a dog that had recently invaded part of their alley territory. As if that was his problem! The wandering black tom had tried to help anyways, showing them some fighting moves and helping to try and chase the big brute of a dog off, but it had failed. And now they blamed him for it, he realized as another cat dove and hissed at him. Their loss! He decided he was outnumbered and managed to squeeze his way out of the fray, past fangs and claws and mangy pelts, and sped down the alleyway, leaping up the wall and nimbly climbing over, only to lose balance at the end of his jump and tumble to the ground on the other side. He stood up quickly, glanced around to make sure no one had seen, and then checked to make sure no one had followed him. He let out a huff and brushed a paw over his ears, distraught to find that someone had ripped a small chunk out of one and left it bleeding. His gold eyes flashed with anger - those filthy alley cats had no right to ruin his perfect, shining black pelt! But what was done had been done. There was no changing the past, only controlling the present, and he began to pad off towards the edge of the city, where he knew it would be quiet and free from these pests.

As he rounded a corner, he was struck by surprise at the sight of three cats traveling together. The middle one, a black tabby, was awfully scratched and injured, but the two at his side, a black and white molly and a ginger and white tom, showed no sign of injury. At first he wondered if the tabby was a prisoner, as he had almost been with the alley cats, but the other two showed no signs of hostility as they walked slowly down the quiet backstreet. After his encounter with the other group of cats he was hesitant to interact with these ones, but they looked harmless enough for now. "Hey!" he called, padding towards them in what he hoped seemed like a friendly manner. The tabby looked up at him and bristled, but Soulstealer bristled as well - this half blind, scrawny cat had no reason to attack if he didn't. The black molly looked him up and down. "Do you know a good place to rest? You look like a city cat," she meowed, eyes narrowing. They didn't trust him, but he didn't trust them yet either. Still, he saw that the cat they were supporting needed somewhere to recover from their injuries.

"Follow me," he said, quickly taking the lead before realizing the tabby would be slow on their paws. " I know an abandoned building we can stay in for a while." Together the ragtag bunch meandered through the streets, with Soulstealer leading the way, before he realized he didn't know what to call any of these cats. "I'm Soulstealer," he meowed, glancing back over his shoulder to watch and make sure the band was staying together. The tabby perked up when they realized he had a clan name, and the other cats answered first. "Raven," mewed the black molly, leaning into the tabby's shoulder and gesturing at the ginger and white tom. "And this is Pine," she answered for him. "The tabby here is Carrion-" "-Star," they whispered. "From this day forth, the stars above will watch over this clan, this clan of the broken night, and I will lead you all forward to greatness as Carrionstar."

As they reached the building, Carrionstar looked over at each of his companions with their single seeing eye and knew that what they found here in this city would be infinitely greater than anything they had left behind in the mountains. These cats - Rustlingraven and Hiddenpine, he decided, would join him and Soulstealer on their journey through the city and their fight for survival. "You must go out and explore our new territory while I stay here and recover," they told their gathering, laying down on the cold floor of the abandoned building. They knew this was no way for a leader to address their clan, but it would have to do - they were weary beyond belief, and blood still oozed and dripped from the injuries their former clan had inflicted upon them. "Do you wish to join me in this clan, all three of you? I cannot do this alone," Carrionstar murmured, glancing from cat to cat. Soulstealer, the brave black tom; Rustlingraven, the inquisitive black and white molly who had dragged them out from their sure death in the forest; and Hiddenpine, the shy, quick young ginger and white tom. They held their breath as they all looked at each other. Raven spoke first - "I will join you." Carrionstar nodded. The other two were both quick to answer after her, and they were glad to have finally found some semblance of a home among this unforgiving city.

"Then I give you your clan names. From this day forth, may the stars above recognize Raven as Rustlingraven and Pine as Hiddenpine. Go forth, the both of you, and make the stars proud. Soulstealer, please join them on their exploration and report back to me when you have found anything that may be of use or have caught any prey."

[ 2892 words ]

--cats on patrol
Carrionstar | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Soulstealer | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Rustlingraven | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Hiddenpine | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 0

--inventory
scraps | 1 FP | x0
mice/rats | 2 FP | x0
voles | 2 FP | x0