Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby OmbreCoyote » Sat May 21, 2022 2:31 pm

I'm picking my own!
new prey: Basic prey
prey | 1 FP
prey | 2 FP
prey | 3 FP
prey | 4 FP
prey | 5 FP
new predators:
Red Fox
Bobcat
Raccoon
River Otter
Badger
Great Gray Owl
Coyote
Would you like your current inventory converted to the new prey list? No
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxHey! You can call me Ombre,
xxI'm an artist and I'm open for
xcommissions, pm me for details.
xAlways open to trade or to chat!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxshe/they • adult • artist • leo
xxxldemi • pan • enfp • student
xxxxwarrior cats • bnha • d&d
xxxxxxxxxxxtoyhouse
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
OmbreCoyote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OmbreCoyote » Sat May 21, 2022 2:38 pm

I want to risk death!
Username: OmbreCoyote
Clan link:Poppyclan
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxtoyhouse
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
OmbreCoyote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OmbreCoyote » Sat May 21, 2022 4:09 pm

Poppyclan
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received

Once Cloverspark had finally finished walking her new rogue companion back to her make-shift camp near the cliffs, it was already becoming late twilight. In talking to her on the way, Cloverspark had learned the name of this rogue was Nettlefern, and that she was gruff but ultimately kind, even if Nettlefern would never admit to it. Flick was tremendously excited to have a new "wildcat" to speak to so soon, and Nettlefern had looked like she would rather keel over and ascend to Starclan than deal with such a boisterous and talkative cat.

Once Cloverspark was sure that her two companions were getting along well enough (though getting along may have been a strong choice of words on Nettlefern's part) and no one was about to have their ears shredded, she set off into the surrounding woods to scout for anything to eat.

While Cloverspark did consider bringing Flick along with her for his first hunting lesson, she eventually decided against it, figuring that night hunting after an already long and stressful day would not be the best first experience for him. Cloverspark certainly did not want to discourage Flick before he had really had a chance to learn anything.

While she had been living in the wild herself for long enough to learn some passable hunting skills, Cloverspark had never had the responsibility to feed more than herself with the prey she caught. Though she didn't doubt that Nettlefern was a competent hunter in her own right, the idea of having to feed Flick with her skills was a daunting one, and it weighed on her mind like a pile of stones. Until she was able to teach Flick how to hunt for himself, the duty of catching prey for him would sit on her shoulders alone.

Her mind wandered absently as she walked further into the dense brush and contemplated her growing dilemma.

Would Nettlefern consider helping out with Flick? She seemed to be a bit older than Cloverspark herself was, and she had been living with a group of rogues before deciding to join their small but growing band of cats. Surely she must have a little experience with hunting for a group? In any case, she would need to pull her own weight, which meant she could help scout the area for any spots with a potentially rich prey supply, which would be helpful on its own. Nettlefern would also likely have some sympathy for Cloverspark's problem of feeding the inexperienced Flick if she had lived through it herself before, though with Nettlefern's more brusque attitude Cloverspark had her doubts about relying on her compassion so soon after their rather awkward first meeting.

Cloverspark was also hesitant but hopeful that Nettlefern would agree to help her teach Flick as well. If they were all going to be living and traveling together then getting Flick proficient in hunting as quickly as possible would be beneficial for all of them, and as enthusiastic as Cloverspark was about the idea of teaching him, she hadn't even been taught herself, and didn't know how much knowledge she would have to share.

Ha, she might be learning from Nettlefern as much as Flick was.

Cloverspark paused in her trek as the thought rattled her. Was she really cut out for this job, leading two virtual strangers through the wilderness, if she still had never formally learned how to hunt? She dug her claws into the peaty earth beneath her in frustration. She wanted so desperately to know all of the knowledge she could of hunting and fighting and herbs, but she had simply never had the opportunity to learn, as isolated as she had been.

Silently, Cloverspark vowed to herself to learn as much and as quickly as she could, not only for herself but for the two cats that now depended on her. As embarrassing as it will be to have to ask for help all of the time, she couldn't put her pride in front of the well-being of her friends. She'd have to take instruction wherever she could find it.

Slowing her pace, Cloverspark looked around and opened her jaws to scent the air. The cool and musty scents of leaf fall filled her nose as she studied the beech copse she found herself in. Her ears strained as she listened for any sign of prey in her surroundings, on alert for the scrabble of mice under the ground or the crunch of leaves from a wayward squirrel.

As she looked around, Cloverspark noticed a particularly large beech with gnarled roots about six fox lengths away from her. As its colorful leaves had begun to fall from its branches, they had settled into a rather large pile among the roots, the gaps between the roots and leaves creating the perfect spot for mice to burrow and hide.

Cloverspark crept forward lightly on her paws and sniffed among the roots as much as she dared to in order to check for fresh prey scent. She inhaled deeply and then... there! Under the stale scent of decaying leaf litter, she recognized the familiar and tantalizing smell of mice. She would have to remember this spot for later, if there was a mouse nest under this tree it could help feed the three cats of her little group for days.

The idea of a consistent food source filled Cloverspark with new vigor and she stepped backward away from the promising pile of brush and leaf litter before her. She settled a few tail lengths away on a rock to wait for any of the mice she had scented to show themselves.

As she waited, Cloverspark's thoughts came back to her companions yet again. She should probably be getting back to them relatively soon, as she had already been out for a while and walked a ways away from their camp, her paws carrying her further than she meant while she'd thought about what to do about Flick. She decided that she would wait on her perch for a bit longer for some mice and then head back, whether she caught anything or not.

[ 1026 words ]

--
Cloverspark | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

-- custom predators / prey
link
Red Fox
Bobcat
Raccoon
River Otter
Badger
Great Gray Owl
Coyote
-- level 1
experience: (114/200)
-- items in inventory used
Any items used/eaten this post
ex. food, herbs, etc.
-- active quests:
quest #1 (linked)
-- opted in to death?
yes
-- inventory
scraps | 1 FP | x4
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

Celandine | soothes damaged eyes | x1
Juniper Berries | The berries are chewed and eaten, they help bellyache, give strength, soothes troubles breathing, and helps calm cats down | x1
Comfrey leaves| soothes wounds and heals broken bones | x1
Water Hemlock | 1x
Goatweed | 1x
Catchweed | 1x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxtoyhouse
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
OmbreCoyote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0161.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Sun May 22, 2022 6:40 am

SHORECLAN !!
    x( silentmelody archive last post )

“Mhm?”

With a light laugh, Blueberrynose’s tail rested along her dear friend, chasing her lone whisker tangled in the reeds. She nudged her shoulder. “About Furzetuft?”

Her friend… was forever the wanderer. A free-spirited dreamer, free and wild, like the narwhals roaming the oceans, horns like silver javelins spiralling from the rushing waters, salty seas dripping from their dappled forms.

“Oh!” Bright, blue eyes met hers, an apologetic twinkle softening her features. “Yes. I think… I think we may see her again. Loners have a way of coming back around.” A sheepish smile lifted her lips. “Sorry. I was distracted,” her jaws clamped around a long stalk topped with a loose twist of mauve blossoms, “I was just thinking about how you like to paint. These flowers could work like a… paintbrush, maybe?” (+1 burnet)

Blueberrynose hummed, soft and sweet. “I’d━”

“Come on! Come on!” Fogspark. They heaved a long, lengthy sigh. And like a little spark leaping from a crackling bonfire, they danced, weight shuffling from paw to paw, restless energy in every step. “Hydrangeawave and I found something!” They thrust a spotted fish towards her, its little brown head swinging. “It’s like yesterday. You know with the fish on the shore and Furzetuft?” (+2FP trout, +2FP trout, +2FP trout)

Silver curls fell into step, a gentle presence beside them. “There’s this, too. It’d fit with your… trinket.”

With a little nudge, a pale, rosy pearl rolled, streaming through the sand. Faint rose pink whorls traced the glistening surface, pierced with a hole through the center. (+1 common myo! <3)

Her paws traced the pearl, gently skimming it. “You found this with the fish?”

Fogspark’s head bobbed. Vigorously. “Yeah! I think if we hurry back we can get more━”

Fishbrains.”

From behind, a warrioress growled, amber eyes flashing like dual flames. Her curls ran wild, some sticky against her forehead, others mere wisps in the breeze. She's been running. A sway lingered in her step, but with a swift leap forward, all trace of it seemed to vanish.

A frown creased her brows. “Tempestslash, are you…”

Fine.” Her hiss was cutting. “Just hit my head ━ I was in a hurry.” (-3% health for tempestslash! no herbs/rest needed to return to patrol!)

Tempestslash's glare leveled out, chin jutted and… unimpressed. “But those fish you 'found'? They had the scent of sea lion all over them. Looking for trouble from those beasts, are we?” Her jaw tightened. “They’re close, too. Very close.”

A sea lion (predator) has been scented close to the beach! Does the patrol confront the sea lion or leave it be?

xx
    totals

xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ tempestslash (50% hunger), embersnow (50% hunger), blueberry
    xxxxx-nose (50% hunger), hydrangeawave (20% hunger), fogspark (20% hunger)

xx-3% health for tempestslash
    xxxx↳ tempestslash (95% health)

xxxp stats (opted in for death)
    xxxx↳ +70XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+12XP for prey, +2XP for herbs, +2XP for item

xxprey + herb finds for patrol
    xx+2FP trout, +2FP trout, +2FP trout
    xx+1 burnet

xxitem finds
    xxxx↳ +1 common myo

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +104XP → level 4 (425/500XP)
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────x

xxImage
    x
    notes: n/a! <33
──────────────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coolrat » Sun May 22, 2022 11:18 am

I want to risk death!
Username: coolrat
Clan link: Preserved Clan
hello, coolrat here
Central Standard Time (server time-5)
Ask my WoF OCs!
coolrat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coolrat » Sun May 22, 2022 11:41 am

Preserved Clan
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received

It appeared that the sun had not yet realized it was Leaf-fall in Preserved Clan's territory, as it still scorched the desert ground. Amberstar had originally intended to hunt once it had set, but she had become far too antsy waiting and left the shade of the canyon around mid-day.

She sniffed the air, sensing some prey amid the thick heat and dust. She began searching the area, careful to be silent while on the search for food. She hoped to have a good supply before the clan got larger than, well, herself, but she doubted that she would struggle to feed herself anytime soon.

Glancing up at the sun, still as scorching as before, she decided to head back into the canyon near sunset. That would give her enough time to catch something, hopefully.

[ 135 words ]

-- cats on patrol
Amberstar | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: No

-- level 0
experience: 0
N/A
-- active quests:
N/A
-- opted in to death?
yes
-- inventory
prey | 1 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

herb | x0
herb | x0
herb | x0
hello, coolrat here
Central Standard Time (server time-5)
Ask my WoF OCs!
coolrat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0162.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Thu May 26, 2022 12:19 pm

KNOLLCLAN !!
    x( knickknacks archive last post )

“You don’t believe me.”

And her voice, Dragonbloom’s, was a pensive melody, melancholy and music woven into a single tethered statement. With a shake of her head, the healer heaved a soft sigh. A little frown creased her forehead, then… a faint smile.

Uh-oh. A nervous chuckle eased from her chest, cascading into the new silence. Where were the rest when she needed them? Haze fiddled with a loose blade of grass, claws gently twining with earth and greens. “No, no, of course not. I was just a little distracted earlier…”

And those eyes ━ forever just a touch off the perfect shade of rose ━ settled upon hers, unblinking.

“We shall follow the butterflies.” The healer’s smile bloomed, full and wide, ivory fangs catching the sun. “Come. They’ll lead us towards the dead.”

Her breath stuttered. “Wait, what━”

“Hush, now. Watch.”

For a moment, all was still. Still to witness a butterfly lost in dance, a lonely creature tracing twin whorls in the gentle breeze. Amongst towering pines and the distant babble of brooks, it seemed so fragile. Small and insignificant in its solo quest ━ a tiny, wavering speck in a forest’s eternal flow.

Although everything in her screamed to turn back ━ to falter under the security of the more… reasonable healers ━ she followed. Pulled by an invisible force; perhaps even her own heart’s desire. Curiosity.

“…lovely, isn’t it?” A soft hum trilled next to her ear. “Notice the colors.”

And colors flickered, streaks of indigo and azure, framed by obsidian borders and freckles of white. Pretty… perhaps. Mid-flutter, the butterfly froze, wings stilling for a breath’s pause, almost as if someone had locked them in place. It plummeted. Wings still frozen, it plunged like a creature caught in a coffin, falling into a tangled bush.

She frowned. Had something scared it?

“It’s called a purple emperor.” Dragonbloom chuckled, edging closer to the bush. “And it’s a special one. They… don’t really like flowers.”

Her smile froze. “Oh?”

“Indeed.” A little shrug lifted the healer’s shoulder as her tail flicked, motioning her close. “Did you think it was frightened? Come see for yourself, although really the scents speak for its own.”

A soft gasp left her. The sharp tang of copper and moist decay invaded her nose, lingering with a rancid aftertaste on her tongue. Something was rotting. Cradled within the long brittle branches of the bush… a fragile, ivory skull. A mass of ebony and bronze feathers arrayed in a spiral flocked around. Only sharp, curved talons weathered with age served as a clue to the fallen’s identity. (+5FP vulture)
    xx
    totals

xx+0% hunger for each patrol cat (one free post left!)
    xxxx↳ dawngaze (0% hunger), sagespot (0% hunger),
    xxxxxdragonbloom (0% hunger), haze (0% hunger)

xxxp stats (opted out for death)
    xxxx↳ +45XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent, +5XP for prey

xx+5FP vulture
    xx+ no herbs </3

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +60XP → level 0 (152/100XP) → level 1 (52/200XP)
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────x

xxImagecongrats! you've reached level one and received an additional +1FP (of your choice) and +50 stardust!
    x
    notes: n/a, thank you so much for being so kind + patient, ahh! <33
    all explore rolls were done with the summer/green-leaf rolls, hence the random-ish color change! ^^
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby alphias » Fri May 27, 2022 4:40 am

Turtlestar's ears flicked over to the newcomer, looking over the new cat... Fennel. Probably one of those loner cats... She reasoned. She remembered hearing about them from back before she had found the art that had later led her to the Clan. The Clan itself had picked up scents of these cats before, though they had been stale.

Fennel seemed friendly enough, but Turtlestar was still a bit hesitant.

"Turtlestar..." Hastefur mewed, then leaned to whisper into xeir leader's ear, "Remember the storage stash we hid around here?"

Turtlestar nodded, "I've already dug it up," she nodded towards the two herbs behind her. Before the change of season, a cat had come and gifted the Clan some herbs. Turtlestar had hidden a few for future use. She wouldn't necessarily do this again, but it helped the Clan learn the territory at least.

"But we only have... two... left." Turtlestar frowned, "And this time of year is usually prone for the need of herbs."

Hastefur nodded, "This cat seems to know what he's talking about. I've heard... rumors."

Turtlestar sighed, looking at the sky. Her gut told her to help this cat. To help Fennel. I just hope...

She turned to Fennel, "Alright. We'll help you. We only have two herbs though." She passed the herbs to the loner, "Honestly, where did you come from - we haven't picked up scents of non-Clan cats in a while. And... why are you here? Travelling?" She couldn't help but to still be suspicious.

[ 252 words ]

-- cats on patrol
Turtlestar | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Hastefur | xey/xem | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

-- custom predators / prey
none
-- level 0
experience: 35/100
x1 mallow leaf
x1 broom

-- active quests:
N/A
-- opted in to death?
no
-- inventory

broom | x1
mallow leaf | x1
proof of herbs
• Alphias • they/them •
~ genderfluid/bigender ~ omnisexual ~ artist ~

TH: Tahsmahtus
WermzStars
alphias

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BigFrog4231 » Sat May 28, 2022 7:46 am

I'm picking my own!
new prey:
Scraps | 1 FP
Shrew | 1 FP
Dace | 1 FP
Bluegill| 2 FP
Small lizards | 2 FP
Field mice | 2 FP
Bullfrog | 3 FP
Small birds | 3 FP
Squirrel | 3 FP
Duck | 4 FP
Jackrabbit | 4 FP
Greater Prairie Chicken | 4 FP
Crane | 5 FP
Canadian Goose | 5 FP
new predators:
American Badger
Wild Boar
Panthers
Mountain Lion
Snakes (Boa, Rattlesnake, Copperhead, etc)
Wolves
Bears (American black and grizzly)

Would you like your current inventory converted to the new prey list? Yes please!

getting ready for some more exploring by changing my prey/predators again! heres a link to my first time doing this in case its needed for archival purposes :] !!
mac !! he/xem
``i like everything, im a great cool``

adult
⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅

est
transmasc
ImageImagexxxx

TH || LISTOGRAPHY
tokenz 4 art- open
TVR || TMA || BGG

⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅
BigFrog4231

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0163.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Tue May 31, 2022 1:00 pm

ELMCLAN !!
    x( ethium archive last post )

Chaos reigned in the whorl of shredded green-gold leaves and long claw markings marring the dirt. Tonight, the melody of the gales threading through the pines seemed to fade, stuttering, at the path of carnage. The path meandered, winding through the fringes of the forest, leaving a trail of clues. Telltale destruction from a creature on the cusp of sanity.

Only the ancestors could foresee what awaited, but the last time he followed a clue trail like this…

Wolfpaw swallowed hard. He couldn’t go down there. Not tonight.

“It’s hard, isn’t it?” The deep cadence of Herringpace’s voice rumbled, a sympathetic wrinkle creasing his eyes. “Knowing he’s gone? Dealing with his loss? Maybe you’re simply focused on what’s ahead in which case I shouldn’t interrupt…”

He grimaced, trying for a faint smile. “Herringpace. It’s…”

The croak of a wandering frog had never been more welcome. Long limbs sprung, captured in the moonlight’s blaze, telling of a humble creature on a journey. But the hasty spring in its leap painted a different picture. Pale ghostly eyes bulged, throat trilling a frantic, piercing song. And it wasn’t the only one. Others sprung, rushing like phantoms from temporary lodges, a chaotic swarm fleeing from one, clear direction. (+3FP frog, +3FP frog, +3FP frog, +3FP frog)

“The badger is close.” Jaw tense, his gaze roamed the patrol, tracing the contours and edges of wary faces brushed by the silvery traces of moonlight. “Spread out, eyes open. If you see it, do not engage… unless you have no other option.”

Nods greeted him, swift and determined. No dissent, nor argument. Followers guided by a leader's direction. His direction.

"Found something.”

His heart lurched. “Already?”

“… just a few herbs." With a grunt, Herringpace reached into a low thicket, unsnaring a few furled leaves. Gnarled branches raked across his back, drawing a soft wince from him. "Just in case. You know, it could be useful for later…?" (+1 dock, +1 lovage, +1 sweet-sedge; -3% health for herringpace ━ no herbs or rest needed to continue patrolling!)

"Shhhh." A light, playful swat from Cinderspeck interceded, waving the other along. "Head that way, come along."

But Herringpace's words lingered. A new chasm opened within him, brimming with possibilities. Dark possibilities. It struck like a beast with poisoned tendrils ━ tendrils that writhed and wormed, wrapping around his heart. Squeezing. Would any of them fall tonight? Would he? If they did… it'd be on his shoulders. All of it.

Dull, lifeless eyes glazed over, light draining━

His head spun, the world a fierce blur. Keep it together. He forced a shallow breath in, heart a muted thrum in his chest. The cool soil against his claws and the gentle sway of grass underpaw… grounded him. His final tether to this world. He shook his head, hard. The badger was close. He couldn’t afford weakness, not━

A flicker of gold.

And under the soft, silvery glow of the moon, it twirled, a slow pirouette, wings beating to another rhythm. A rhythm untouched by the wild chaos within. The insect danced in the fields, a flickering flame, warm and true. With a little dip, it fluttered close, landing on the tip of his nose.

A firefly. And its light was luminous. A brilliant gold. Gold like… Ravendust’s eyes. The ache in his chest twisted like a heated blade, but something about this tiny insect was… comforting. Like his mentor was right here ━ right beside him. That same steady, soothing presence guiding him along, holding his head high against the darkness closing in. And every flicker of the firefly was a signal, a gentle, reassuring sign to move forward. To go.

He would not succumb to evil. Nor to fear.

“Wolfpaw?” Pawsteps neared, accompanied by a light breathlessness. “We found it. It’s… by the river.”

All around him, the night came alive. Alight with the glow of a thousand, flickering flames━fireflies lighting up the darkest hour of the night. Together, they illuminated a path, one of shredded leaves and claw markings, but also… a stone finely etched with glowing runes, strung along dried twine. (+1 supernova ━ mythical edit: albinism! <33)

Paw against the strange stone, he tugged a breath in, lifting his chin.

This one's for you, Ravendust.

“Take me to it.”
    ⊰ ☾ ⊱

The badger was a crazed creature.

Wild light shone, a pillar of charcoal flame in those dark eyes and saliva hung like a writhing nest of cobras from its jaws. Ivory crowned its head, striking, if not for the sheen of sweat gleaming under the moonlight. Head bowed, its long, silver claws scraped the grounds, clinking against loose pebbles.

“Easy.” His voice was a low murmur, heart thrumming. “Slow and steady. Surround it… block off any chance of escape.”

With a flick of his tail, he waved the patrol forward, urging them closer. They knew the plan. Now, they just needed to stick to it. And perhaps… perhaps that was the hardest part.

It was like charming a snake.

A twisted tango to appease a little serpent of banded obsidian and ivory. The rhythm, the steps, the dance… all perfectly synced to the raspy hiss of this serpentine beast. Instead of smiles and a charming ditty, the song was one of barred teeth and the rising torrent of the river.

One step in and another.

His paws wove, slowly eating at the space between him and the beast, backing it closer and closer to the weathered edge of the riverbank. The river’s song rose, wailing a warning in his ears.

Another step.

The space between them dwindled.

Chunks of dirt crumbled, skittering into the roaring river. But the beast remained, silver claws wrenched into the dirt, muscles tensed. Dark eyes lashed, sweeping the patrol, a low growl rumbling at the back of its throat. It was a caged creature with dwindling options. A dangerous, desperate creature.

The badger’s claws flashed, hovering above the cracked dirt. Dark eyes tore from his, fixing on the nearest patrol member, inching a little too close for comfort. Hindpaws teetering on the edge, its claws lifted, glinting in the moonlight, poised━

His shoulder rammed into the badger.

Silver blades twisted in his direction, a whistle in his ears, as he connected with a mass of dark fur and muscle. And it fell. Toppling like a king dethroned, slapping the foaming waters like a shuddering clap of thunder.

He staggered back. The badger’s head broke the surface, eyes pale and rolling. Long claws snaked up, fumbling at the banks. But it was at the river’s hands now, under the forces of rushing waters and churning foam. And there was no escape.

Without mercy, the river whisked it away, binding the creature in an eternal, watery grave.
    It was gone. (predator defeated/left the territory!)
    xx
    totals

xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ wolfpaw (20% hunger), cinderspeck (10% hunger), hickorypelt (10%
    xxxxx hunger), herringpace (10% hunger), myrtlesmudge (10% hunger)

xx-3% health for herringpace (no herbs/rest needed to return to patrol)
    xxxx↳ herringpace (97% health)

xxxp stats (opted in for death)
    xxxx↳ +120XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+24XP for prey, +6XP for herbs

xx+3FP frog, +3FP frog, +3FP frog, +3FP frog
    xx+1 dock, +1 lovage, +1 sweet-sedge

xxitem finds (congrats!!)
    xxxx↳ +1 supernova (mythical edit ─ albinism!) <3

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +170XP → level 3 (350/400XP)

xxImagex
    notes: ahh, hello! i'm so sorry for the wait + the long reply, but thank you so much for being so patient! <33
    just a little thing i noticed, but make sure to list the birds in your inventory at 4FP each─three birds at 4FP would equal 12FP! ^^

tdlr; wolfpaw + his patrol locate some frogs, which signal the badger is close! herringpace gets a little scratched up from finding herbs, while wolfpaw wrestles with the responsibility on his shoulders. but he pulls it together and leads the patrol to victory! <3
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me