Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby SushiFoxx » Fri May 06, 2022 11:02 am

MistClan
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received

Dunerock hurried along. Rattlesnake had told them about some cats on their territory but they needed to bring the prey back before they could confront the cats so Riverpatch and Dunerock went instead. "I wonder why they are on our territory! I wonder what they look like? Are they here to fight?" Dunerock asked curiously. "Rattlesnake said that they didn't look like a threat so I guess we just have to go off of that, they may have accidentally landed on our territory trying to travel, too." Riverpatch told Dunerock calmly as he lead them down the scent path. "I wonder how young some of them are, are they all full grown? Are there some kits?" Dunerock asked. "Good question, lets find out for ourselves." Riverpatch told him.

As the two ventured off through the territory they started to look around for any signs of the cats. "I wonder where they are! Did they leave the territory?" Dunerock asked again. Riverpatch decided to stay silent this time. He didn't want to bother answering all of his questions because that would just take more time and they needed to find these cats as soon as possible! The more time wasted the farther the cats could be through the territory than when Rattlesnake saw them. Riverpatch did not feel like that was a good risk to take at this time, with how expansive their territory was they could travel so far in that amount of time.

The two of the continued their journey. "Rattlesnake said they were by the forest so lets head farther that way, with luck they may have stopped to take a break in time for us to catch up in time." Dunerock nodded as Riverpatch made sense and they continued their way down the path they were taking. Riverpatch scented the air carefully, "It smells like rain is coming soon, we need to get back in time, those clouds look dark, we may have to watch the river just in case." Dunerock nodded again. "Yeah, we better hurry then, we never know what may happen in that kind of weather, and I don't wanna take that risk." Both the toms nodded and they picked up their pace to hopefully get farther faster.

They hurried along their path. "I still cant scent them, lets hope we find them before the rain starts to fall or else we might lose their scent and then it will be so much harder to find them, especially if they flee to the forest for cover," Riverpatch told Dunerock and they ran down the hills, hoping to get there in time as they didn't know how much longer it would be until they rain began to fall. Any moment now the rain could start and they would lose any scent trail that was there. With their trouble finding them now, without the scent trail it would be almost impossible. Both of them picked it up seemingly as though they were thinking the same thing at that moment.

It was breathtaking. They both stood on top of the hill and paused to admire the view. It looked so nice. Even with the ominous clouds in the background it looked nice. The forest stood in front of them with that little bit of blue sky before darkness just a little be behind it. It almost looked like the blue sky was trying to out run the pitch black clouds that loomed ever so closely behind. As the toms gazed out in front of them it seemed as though the hills never ended and they would be running to get to the forest forever.

"How are the other cats able to navigate this?" Dunerock asked in shock. "They aren't. We need to hurry, the longer we wait the longer they are lost, come on, I don't think they found their way out yet and we know this territory better than any other cat." Riverpatch told him, he sounded confident but Dunerock could pick out a pang of worry laying in his voice and he just followed as close as he could. It wasn't worth the risk. "Don't get to far ahead!" Dunerock shouted to Riverpatch a hint of concern stuck in his voice.

"I won't, I may know this territory as well as my back end but I know you don't and I won't let you get lost while we try and find other lost cats, that's just to many lost cats!" Riverpatch said seriously but his eyes glimmered teasingly. Dunerock chuckled at him and nodded. "Well then, lets hurry along, the rain can start any moment now." Both of them picked up their pace and they raced through the hills of MistClan territory. As they ran closer to the clouds they waited for the pitter of rain but none came.

"WE'RE GOING TO LOSE THE SCENT SOON!" Riverpatch yelled as the wind yelled back. Both the cats struggled and they toke a moment of shelter in the trees for as long as possible. They slowly exited their hole in the trees and continued on outside in the miserable weather that they couldn't stop or control. "What a horrible time for terrible weather, right when we try and help other cats is when it decides to start." Riverpatch huffed angrily as they continued on through the hilly terrain ahead of them. "we must be getting close, theres no way they can travel far in *this* kind of weather!" Dunerock told Riverpatch hopefully as they continued.

Riverpatch nodded. "Your right, but neither can we, lets just hope we can find them faster than they can get away!" Dunerock nodded to him. "I SMELL THEM!" Riverpatch yelled in shock. They found the scent trail and followed it all the way to the cats before they paused. Both of them looked around quickly to see how many there were and they peeked through and greeted the cats hopefully. "Hello! My name is Dunerock and this is Riverpatch!" Dunerock told the cats smiling.
[ 1,002 words ]

-- cats on patrol
Riverpatch | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Dunerock | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

-- custom predators / prey
n/a
-- level 5
experience: 415
-- items in inventory used
n/a
-- active quests:
n/a
-- opted in to death?
no
-- inventory
Vole | 2fp | 3
Rabbit | 4fp | 1
Scraps | 1fp | 8
Bugs | 1fp | 1
Fish | 2fp | 1
Squirrel | 3fp | 1

Herbs:
Hawkweed | 2
Rush | 2
Chickweed | 1
Wintergreen | 1
Tansy | 1
Chervil | 1
Horsetail | 1
Feverfew | 1
Celandine | 1
Herb of choice | 6
Lights: Off <3
Hello!
DA
csds!
Discord is ArcticFox#0652 for contact!
Goal; 0/250c$
"You'll miss a opportunity for every chance you don't take"
SushiFoxx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yutashu » Fri May 06, 2022 12:25 pm

(Word count: 79)

Cold weather was becoming more abundant and the smell of earth and decay in the air foreshadow rain. Some sparse leaves already as orange as amber gleaming in lazy sunlight. Prey noticeably starting to become fatter and more succulent as each day passes by.

Leaf-fall was here. Shellstar's favorite season... she could do without the mud, though. She paused on her morning patrol, shaking a paw with a slight grimace, and gazed around at the new sights around her.

-- cats on patrol
Shellstar | She/her | HP 98% | HUP 10% | Sick: no

N/A
-- level 2
experience: 30/200
/
-- opted in to death?
yes
-- inventory
scraps | 1 FP | x3
bugs | 1 FP | x2
mouse | 2 FP | x2

stinging nettle | x1
lovage | x1
burnet | x1
chickweed | x2
juniper berries | x1
hawkweed | x1
stick | x1
deadly nightshade | x1
hello! hope your having a good day :)!!
ImageImageImageImage

links for myself!
stubclan - wildflower grove
all adoptables archive
yutashu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0156.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Fri May 06, 2022 2:07 pm

CHAMOMILE COURT !!
    x( chimingcloud archive last post )

And the full bloom of the spring florals laced the breeze like the melody of a distant windchime. All around, petals undulated like a ribbon unfurled, cascading below to the soft earth kissing their paws.

Home.

The weight of it lingered, a fierce warmth flooding the depths of their belly, rousing the song in their heart. And while safe, tucked in the embrace of the floral fields, if trouble arose, there was nothing they wouldn't do to defend their clan. Their home.

Cowbell’s paws trod the paved path, steady and light, to the sway of cerulean, periwinkles and rosy pinks around them. Above the fragrance of sweet nectar, another scent lingered. Damp and musky. Prey was close ━ very close.

With a tilt of their nose, they traced the scent, weaving along the gentle slope of the path. And there, nestled amongst the flowers, a little critter, long, dark snout sticking out ━ a stark contrast among vibrant greens. Their claws closed in with swift grace. (+2FP shrew)

“Nice catch!” Light, lyrical words leaped at them, accompanied by a warm purr. Their head lifted, coming nose-to-nose with their fellow friend. Luckycharm. Her eyes glowed, shining like a thousand stars, a little grin touching her muzzle. Stray petals caught in her warm curls, traces of gold and pale lilac. “I found some of these… I thought they could be helpful for the clan! What do you think?” (+1 lavender, +1 ragwort, +1 deadly nightshade)

“Mhm.” Their head tilted, gaze steady on hers. “I think you’re right. Wait━ what happened to your head?”

“Oh, that! Well…”

A little frown crinkled their nose. “Does it… hurt?”

Her laugh was airy. “Ah, it’s nothing to worry about. I just… hit my head a little. Must have tripped or something.” She shook her head a little, tail touching the tip of their shoulder. “Who would have thought rocks could be so, well, troublesome?” (-2% health for luckycharm ━ no herbs or rest needed to return to patrol!)
    xx
    totals

xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ cowbell (10% hunger), luckycharm (10% hunger)
    xxxxxname (00% hunger), name (00% hunger), name (00% hunger)

xx-2% health for luckycharm
    xxxx↳ luckycharm (98% health)

xxxp stats (opted in for death)
    xxxx↳ +40XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+4XP for prey, +6XP for herbs, +70XP from quest board

xxprey + herb finds for patrol
    xx+2FP shrew
    xx+1 deadly nightshade, +1 lavender, +1 ragwort

xxitem finds
    xxxx↳ n/a

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +140XP → level 2 (398/300XP) → level 3 (98/400XP)
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────x

xxImagecongrats! you've reached level three and received an additional +2FP (your choice), +1 herb (your choice) and +1 nr myo!
    x
    notes: hi! your explore post is so pretty, ahh ━ the little pixel flowers are such a sweet touch! <3 i have just two quick notes
    (they’re super easy to forget + be confused about, so don’t stress)! ^^ let me know if you any further questions at all!

• remember to sneak your patrol’s pronouns somewhere in your explore code <3
      • the quest board doesn’t quite count as your ‘last post’ or a ‘writer’s last reply’! ^^ if you’d like to claim xp from the quest board,
      drop a note with the proper links in your explore post + a writer will add the xp for you (quick example)! i’ve added the xp from the
      march quests for you, so everything is all good now! <3
──────────────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0157.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Sun May 08, 2022 5:45 am

CATS OF PLEASANCE !!
    x( angel bugs archive last post )

Gold eyes flickered, a slow flame rekindled in the dust of the dilapidated building. The silver pendant looped arond their neck flashed as the stranger’s head lifted from the cracked brickwork, paws sluggish as they chipped at the bundle of greens, fiddling with the aromatic leaflets and gold blossoms.

“Thank you.” Their voice was soft, imbued with gentle warmth, yet still laced with a trace of hesitance. Perhaps the mark of a loner not accustomed to… being at another’s mercy. “I think I can figure something out.” A ghost of a lop-sided smile traced their muzzle. “I know a thing or two about herbs. My friend ━ she experiments with them and taught me a thing or two.”

Treasure’s shoulders eased. Slightly. With a bit of luck, this temporary resident would be on their way in no time. Unless… they had other intentions. Or other demands━

“Oh! There are bugs in the cobwebs. Possibly herbs?” Withered curls ruffled in the rattling drafts, tail flicking to a dark corner, strewn with silver thread. “I spotted some when I came in,” a gentle frown tainted their features, “but could never catch them… not in my state.”

With a grunt, they hauled themselves to their paws. An oozing sepia slime rested along their wound, slathered generously across. Swaying, they flashed a wry grin, claws sinking not-so discreetly into the floorboards. “Maybe you’ll have better luck.” (+1FP insects, +1FP insects, +1FP insects, +1 willow bark, +1 wintergreen)

If that cat bloody fell━

“Fennel, are you certain you’re well?” The domination's shoulder caught theirs, a steady support, soft voice falling into rhythm with the winds. “You seem… unsteady.”

An unspoken question burned, deep within the domination's keen gaze, a cold, blue flame dancing around an alchemist's fire. Curiosity sparked, igniting as if struck by flint and stone. What happened?

The stranger’s gaze lowered, a rumble in their throat. "A story for another day, Copia." With a soft grunt, a faint smile touched their muzzle, a flicker of past ghosts flitting through their eyes. Eyes that… said too much even in the dim, filtered light. “I’ll be fine ━ I’m grateful, really.”

Their head bowed, low and with stiff grace. “Here, take this.” In a careful motion, they slung the silver pendant off their neck, offering it to the domination at their side. “A token of my appreciation. It was… a gift from a friend, but I’d like you to have it.”

The pendant glowed, a silver, brilliant sheen as if stolen from the light of a thousand stars. On the surface of the trinket, laurel engravings shimmered, delicately held by twin doves under a flowing banner. (+1 uncommon edit from fennel!)

He cleared his throat. “You’re leaving?”

“Miss me already?” A wink greeted him, gold eyes laced with a twinkle. “I’ll be on my way, now. Perhaps we'll meet again one day, but until then!”

With a parting nod, the loner limped out to the shifting sands, tall form fading into a mere speck with the drifting winds.
    xx
    totals

xxxx↳ treasure (10% hunger), copia (10% hunger)

xx health stats
    xxxx↳ n/a

xxxx↳ +70XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+6XP for prey, +4XP for herbs, +30XP for npc quest

xx+1FP insects, +1FP insects, +1FP insects
    xx+1 willow bark, +1 wintergreen

xxitem finds (from fennel!)
    xxxx↳ +1 uncommon edit

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +130XP → level 1 (236/200XP) → level 2 (36/300XP)
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────x

xxImagecongrats! you've reached level two and received an additional +1FP (your choice), +1 herb (your choice) and +1 common edit!
    x
    notes: ahh, your post was lovely! treasure's reaction was so precious!! <3
    a little note, but make sure to update your level/xp in your next explore
    post(s)! i think it may have just slipped your mind this time around! ^^
Last edited by Vivika on Sun May 22, 2022 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0158.] viv's explore replies ─ it's leaf-fall !!

Postby Vivika » Sun May 08, 2022 2:28 pm

MISTCLAN !!
    x( sushifoxx archive last post )

Under the cascading rain all around him, it was like nothing could go wrong. Crystalline droplets splashed, flowing in rivulets and streams, joined with the melody of babbling brooks filling with falling waters.

A hesitant smile piqued as a curious kit nosed Riverpatch’s paw.

Her eyes shone, the hue of cerulean skies on a summer day, her soft, silver curls soaked through from the rain. Tiny ears swiveled as a croak radiated, her head perking with a flash.

A slender, wary tail slithered onto the kit’s shoulder from another. Her… mother? Slate eyes rimmed with red settled on his. Scars extended down her shoulders, wrapping around her neck and her cheeks, smudged with the ghosts of soot and ash. She coughed, voice low and raspy. “Careful, Sia.”

With a shrug, the kit bounded forward. Her silence was… foreign. No gentle chatter, nor streaming babble, but the light in her eyes was undying. Her ears twitched. Hear that?

“The frog.” His smile grew more genuine, head tilting. “I'll get it.”

“While, Riverpatch over there catches us some prey,” the cheery lilt of his companion’s voice interceded, “how about some introductions? I know little Sia, but how about the others? Any takers?”

As he walked, head high, the gentle croak of frogs emerging from their secret nooks rose in rhythm with the autumn rains. His reflection blurred in a little brook forever enchanted by the ebb and flow of restless ripples. And alongside the rumble of frogs, gold and russet leaves floated as if castaway ships lost in an endless journey. (+3FP frog, +1 bindweed, +1 coltsfoot, +1 sweet sedge)

His breath was soft steam, twirling, spiraling in the misty rains… until his companion’s voice faltered. Stuttering.
    And Dunerock never faltered, never lost his steady calm, never lost the cheerful note━

Frigid water flooded his nostrils, an explosion of frost striking him across his face. He gasped. His jaws opened, desperate for air. But water, treacherous water, poured in, shadows like black ink dancing at the surface. He struggled, thrashing against the iron grip locking him in place. A desperate attempt to knock something, anything, loose. Come on, come on, come on.

The rogue’s grip slackened.

Release!

Gasping, he sputtered, throwing himself aside. Gentle jaws lifted him by the scruff, towing him farther from the brook's edge. Dunerock. Bangs ruffled, he stood firm, chin lifted, standing between him and… the rogue. The mother.

Swallowing a shudder, Dunerock hissed. His shoulder dripped scarlet, torn by the shred of claws. And around, the dirt was tainted, murky puddles running red. (-15% health for dunerock!)

He was in no condition to fight.

His heart thrumming, Riverpatch's head lifted, unsteady, from the mud.

The little kit, Sia, trembled, silver curls shuddering beside her mother, eyes round. Shadows flickered about as the rest of the rogues roamed close, skimming through, snaring anything in near proximity. Including the prey and herb he’d just caught.

“Time to go, Sia.” Sing-song and saccharine sweet, a flick across the kit’s shoulders signalled the end. The rogue mother wore a loose ghost of a smile. “We got what we needed. Clan cats are helpful, aren't they?"

Hesitant, the kit turned aside, cerulean gaze skimming the large bounty pile. Her eyes flicked to him, then away. To him, then back. With a deep breath in, she snagged the frog and a few herbs, dashing over to his side. It was the ones he’d caught… now returned.

Her nose touched his neck, soft and gentle. She didn’t speak. And perhaps… perhaps she couldn’t. Cerulean eyes met his, sorrowful, but saying all: I'm sorry. I hope you're okay. Good-bye, friend.

"Sia. let's go."

He didn't watch, not her turning tail, nor those little paws trailing out. His world was focused on only one. The brave soul slumping down next to him, head stilling on his side and shoulder torn.

Dunerock.
    Dunerock has been injured in the rogue encounter! He requires one herb (any) to prevent further health loss!

xx
    totals

xxxx↳ riverpatch (10% hunger), dunerock (10% hunger)

xx-15% health for dunerock
    xxxx↳ dunerock (85% health)

xxxp stats (opted out for death)
    xxxx↳ +60XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+3XP for prey, +3XP for herbs, +5XP for border skirmish

xx+3FP frog
    xx+1 bindweed, +1 coltsfoot, +1 sweet sedge

xxitem finds
    xxxx↳ n/a

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +81XP → level 5 (496/650XP)

xxImage
    x
    notes: n/a! <33
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby alphias » Thu May 12, 2022 8:00 am

Turtlestar padded through the territory, keeping an eye out for anything that might be of use. This was her first actual time doing this, at least with Hastefur in tow. The Forager/Messenger was sniffing every plant they recognized.

"For practice." Hastefur shrugged when Turtlestar asked about it, "I'll hurry up. Just making sure I don't pass anything."

Turtlestar nodded, "That's fine. Just make sure you keep up. We have prey to find. Resources... to gather."

"Yes, Turtlestar." Hastefur replied, happily following the tabby leader, "Are we heading down near the river again?" The chocolate cat asked, stealthily tiptoeing around the crunchy leaves.

"Perhaps. We're heading in that direction... so if we don't see anything on our way we'll continue down there, follow it for a bit, then turn back." Turtlestar mewed, "Now, come along."
[ 136 words ]

-- cats on patrol
Turtlestar | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Hastefur | xey/xem | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

if you've filled out the form here previously, please
link to your form here!
-- level 0
experience: 0
none(?)
-- active quests:
quest #1 (n/a)
-- opted in to death?
no
if yes, link to opt-in form (n/a)
-- inventory
prey | 1 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

herb | x0
herb | x0
herb | x0
• Alphias • they/them •
~ genderfluid/bigender ~ omnisexual ~ artist ~

TH: Tahsmahtus
WermzStars
alphias

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the hidden grotto | death opt-in + prey/predators

Postby lovewitch » Fri May 13, 2022 5:17 pm

i want to risk death!
username: lovewitch
clan link: the hidden grotto

i'm picking my own prey!
new prey:
    leftovers, bird eggs, mice, lemmings, voles | one food point
    common redpoll, blackpoll warbler, common raven, greyling, goslings | two food points
    snowshoe hare, olive-sided flycatcher, marmot, ptarmigans, red squirrels | three food points
    northern river otter, harlequin duck, common loon, fisher, badger | four food points
    fox cubs, northern goshawks, red-tailed hawks, golden eagles, fawn | five food points
new predators:
    golden eagles, great horned owls, northern goshawks
    red-tailed hawks, coyote, bobcat, red foxes, badgers, feral dogs
    wolverines, grey wolf, cougar, black bear, grizzly bear, lynx
would you like your current inventory converted to the new prey list? no
lovewitch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0159.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Sat May 14, 2022 4:21 pm

STUBCLAN !!
    x( yutashu archive last post )

Auburn and gold leaves fluttered from above, spinning and twirling, like monarch butterflies lost in a lovely, sacred dance. And the leaves danced, a lighthearted leap, skipping with all the vibrance of leaf-fall. Beyond, a faint trace of pecan and hazelnut drifted in the breeze… likely from the old two-leg homes.

Her shoulders eased as she spun around.

A lone maple leaf kissed the tip of her nose, before gently falling into the mud below. With a soft chuckle, her paw rested on the gold leaf, smearing mud on its crisp edges. And the tiny maple leaf pulsed, a soft luminous glow of gold. It was… like a firefly enchanted in the depths of the swaying, evening fields ━ a beacon of gentle, flickering warmth. (+1 common myo! <3)

She blinked. With a slow dip of her head, she bent down to retrieve the little leaf. Once snug in her jaws, she twirled it, a spinning pinwheel in the winds. This way, then that way. This way and that.

"Huh." Her brows crinkled. The leaf burned brighter in one direction, but… not the other.

She tested it once. Twice. Thrice.

West. It points west.

Shaking herself, she followed its lead. The little maple as her guide, her beacon of light, her compass. And it pulled her onwards, deep into the heart of a sycamore tree, with those mighty branches of bronze yearning for the gold, blazing sun. Silver hung from old moss draped along its trunk, along with little trinkets. (+1FP bugs, +1 lungwort)
    xx
    totals

xxxx↳ shellstar (20% hunger)

xxhealth stats
    xxxx↳ n/a )

xxxx↳ +20XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+2XP for prey, +2XP for herbs, +2XP for item

xx+1FP bugs
    xx+1 lungwort

xxitem finds
    xxxx↳ +1 common myo
    xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +46XP → level 2 (76/200XP)

xxImage
    x
    notes: n/a! <33
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

006 • shoreclan

Postby SilentMelody » Tue May 17, 2022 11:02 am

𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐧 ♥︎ ArchiveLast Explore Post | Last Response Received • [ 532 words ]
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    The morning sun glowed over the ocean, casting amber across the waves. The cats were waking to the light and beginning to mingle in the camp. Tempestslash was already gathering a patrol. "Good morning! Are you hungry?" Blueberrynose asked as she padded over to her friend Embersnow, who was grooming her white-and-tortie pelt.

The long-furred she-cat nodded. "Oh, yes!" Embersnow replied, although she hesitated for a moment. "But... what about...?" The two looked over at Tempestslash. Seemingly feeling their gazes burning into her pelt, Tempestslash turned her head. The senior warrior let out a little sigh, but she seemed to give in to their request. She raised her tail for the younger warriors to wait, Hydrangeawave and Fogspark seeming to sink with slight disappointment.

"I want to go now!" Fogspark whined to their friend and tapped one of their front paws. The blue tabby frowned at the thought of waiting, and the gray cat continued to dance on their paws with anticipation.

However, Tempestslash didn't want to admit it, but her stomach was growling from overnight starvation -- perhaps even longer. When was the last time she ate? "Alright, let's grab something to eat and then we'll get started. Although, we should be leaving behind enough prey for everyone while we hunt," she commented roughly. It was a pointed remark, and Blueberrynose felt her ears get hot with embarrassment.

Despite Tempestslash's apparent grumpiness, the two she-cats let out their own sighs, ones of relief. They hunched over the prey pile and picked through it. Now that it was leaf-fall, there weren't as many animals. But luckily for the cats, it was still the beginning of the season.

Tempestslash took a mouse for herself, the smallest out of the pile. Hydrangeawave and Fogspark claimed that they weren't hungry, rather eager for the patrol. Embersnow and Blueberrynose shared one of the salmon that Furzetuft had caught. It was as delicious as they could've imagined. No, even more delicious than they could've imagined. Blueberrynose sent a silent "thank-you" to Furzetuft. Wherever she was.

---

As the cats started off on their patrol, Blueberrynose reflected on their encounter with the beautiful she-cat. Furzetuft. She seemed to be an ethereal being, but the golden gleam of grace in her eyes showed the limited ability of a mortal. The many salmon she caught, flashing in the sunlight as they were tossed out of the water. Flopping on the shore as the light died behind their gaze.

The blue she-cat cast a glance at Tempestslash, the stubborn warrior. She had wrinkled her nose at the fish, but the others were ultimately grateful for the bountiful catches.

As she recalled the memories of yesterday, Blueberrynose glanced down at the trinket still draped from her neck. It was a necklace with a pendant of a cone-shaped shell. Almost like the horn of a narwhal, a creature of Shoreclan myths. Or perhaps a legend? Your generosity never goes unnoticed, Furzetuft had said, her gracious and melodic voice echoing inside her mind.

She pushed the thoughts from her head, realizing she had fallen behind. The she-cat trotted until she was beside Embersnow and purred to the other warrior. "Do you think we'll see Furzetuft again?"

(1 FP for Tempestslash -- 50% to 40% HUP & 2 FP shared between Embersnow and Blueberrynose -- 50 to 40% HUP)
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

-- cats on patrol
Tempestslash | she/her | HP 97% | HUP 40% | Sick: No
Embersnow | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 40% | Sick: No
Blueberrynose | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 40% | Sick: No
Hydrangeawave | they/them | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: No
Fogspark | they/them | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: No
-- level 4
experience: 321/500
predators/prey & yes to death
active quests: none
1 mouse & 1 salmon
-- prey inventory
eagle | 5 FP | x1
minnow | 1 FP | x1
mouse | 1 FP | x2
quail | 3 FP | x4
rabbit | 4 FP | x5
salmon | 2 FP | x6
scraps | 1 FP | x1
shrew | 2 FP | x1
trout | 2 FP | x1
-- herb inventory
alder bark | x2
bindweed | x1
broom | x1
cobweb | x2
coltsfoot | x1
deadly nightshade | x1
deathberries | x1
holly berries | x1
lovage | x2
marigold | x1
mint | x1
rush | x1
sorrel | x1
stinging nettle | x1
tansy | x2
water hemlock | x1
wild garlic | x1
willow bark | x1
yarrow | x1
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0160.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Wed May 18, 2022 3:27 pm

CLAN OF THE WHISPERING LIGHT !!
    xxxxxxx( alpha snowdust archive last post )

Autumn had truly fallen.

Ribbons of scarlet and gold laced the treetops, guided by the light leap and whorl of the breeze. Tiny droplets of dew rested as if stars suspended in the sea of reeds and grasses, scintillating and twinkling with quiet laughter.

Xey heart swelled as the autumn scents rushed at xem.

The fragrance of earth drizzled by fresh rain; the faint sweetness of new mushrooms budding; the muskiness of damp wood and twigs; and… something else.

A little flash of indigo. And there, nestled between a thicket, a snarled mess of knobby twigs and slumped branches, a tiny blossom twirling and spinning with loose petals of mauve, indigo and blushing blues. Lavender. Even now, the soothing ease bloomed, easing xem shoulders.

Gently, Hastefur stretched and reached a paw through, claws skimming the little flower. Xem claws held it for a breath’s pause, before the breeze leaped, snatching the lavender in its tight-fisted grasp. its light laughter resonated, a cheeky call, as the flower rose, floating in the air. vanishing.

“Winds are kicking up, huh?” The boom of a hushed voice caught xem from behind.

Turtlestar.

“Didn’t have much luck either.” Her smile piqued, faint, as she offered a little shake of her head. “I spotted a squirrel, but… I think it spotted me first. Tricky critters if you ask me━”

“Hey there!" And the breeze beckoned, towing a stranger of wild russet curls and a lop-sided grin towards the pair. Gold eyes twinkled with unfailing mirth as their head tilted, curls flopping in greeting. "The name's Fennel! I'm travelling the area and I… could use a little favor."

Their smile was slow, gently tugging. "If you're up for it, that is."

Fennel (an npc) is seeking the patrol's assistance! They would like two herbs (any type)
    or 2FP for their journey! Does the patrol aid them or turn them down?

xx
    totals

xx+0% hunger for each patrol cat (two free posts left!)
    xxxx↳ turtlestar (0% hunger), hastefur (0% hunger)

xxxp stats (opted out for death)
    xxxx↳ +15XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent

xx+ no prey </3
    xx+ no herbs </3

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +35XP → level 0 (35/100XP)

xxImage
    x
    notes: hello + welcome to explore!! really excited to have you! <33
    i'm so sorry for the terrible rolls ─ rng just really said no this time around! ^^' usually, the patrol would have herbs/prey to
    give to fennel! in this case, you may purchase herbs/prey from mousespeck or choose to turn fennel down! alternatively, i'm
    also absolutely willing to gift you some prey/herbs ─ just dm/pm me so we can set up the forms! <3
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me