Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Postby sunny-skies » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:44 am

Asterlie wrote:Image

as the molly understood how important it was to find food for the two of them, ashiya made sure to thoroughly search the area around her. with not much prey to begin with, the clan needed to stock up on food as quickly as they could. it would be difficult for them to get by on an empty stomach, aftet all. she scanned her surroundings, her eyes narrowed slightly, and her ears were perked in hopes of picking up prey rustling in the underbrush nearby. valerius followed closely behind, making sure to keep his ears alert for something nearby.

as time passed, ashiya's frustration only grew. they had found nothing, not even the slightest sign of prey. it must have been a very unlucky day for the two in terms of hunting and foraging, as the area around them was oddly empty. maybe an extra hunter would be helpful after all. coming to terms that they'd both come back to camp empty-pawed, the two reluctantly began their return.

ashyia had taken note of valerius' state, which had noticably declined throughought their venture outside of camp. the tom was practically dragging his paws as he moved forward, and she worried that he'd collapse befoee they even made it back. turning around to face her companion, she looked at him with a concerned expression. "are you okay?"
valerius nodded weakly, "don't worry about me. I'm... alright." he said, though the series of coughs that followed seemed to prove otherwise. ashiya wasn't convinced, and though she was no healer, would be sure to check up on him once they got back to camp.

oh no! it looks like valerius is very sick and will need any 3 herbs in order to recover. each post including him will result in -10 health until he is given the right herbs to heal

+35xp for 538 words written
+10xp for patrol sent
+0% hunger (no free posts left!)

total :

+45xp | +0% hunger | level 1 (19/200)

congrats! you've leveled up! you've gained +1fp (scraps)
sunny-skies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Warriors Survival Game • Explore

Postby Asterlie » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:45 am

Leaving Valerius behind to focus on healing, Asiya ventured back out into the tall golden grass. After spending a day with Valerius to ensure he would be fine on his own, he told her where this other feline was hidden; just past the line of trees beyond Aspen Grove's borders. Due to the clan's odd location, she didn't have to worry about trespassing onto another clan's territory as there weren't any around for a week's distance. Asiya had decided to allow another member to join, though it was risky. She couldn't build her clan without taking any risks, though.

As she neared the edge of Sekinek field, she paused, taking in the air around her before stepping through the strip of trees. It took her a good few moments before she neared the location Valerius said Theresia - the new recruit - was hiding out at. There was a large oak tree with a hollowed out base, moss growing along its roots. Asiya wondered how the thing was still alive, but she had more important matters to attend to. Carefully, she put a paw down before letting out a soft meow; she was in a more cautious stance, though not threatening.

To Asiya's surprise, striking green eyes peered out from darkness of the tree's center. Asiya straightened, running over what to say in her mind to convince this stranger that she was no harm. "Greetings," she started, swallowing nervously, still not sure what to say. "I'm Asiya, I have a clan a little ways over there," she nodded her head to the right, in the direction of her home. "I have a friend that said you would be a good choice to recruit. Would you be interested in joining?"

The stranger simply scoffed, causing Asiya to grow slightly irritated. "Why would I join you? What do you have to offer me?" Asiya almost felt like this bridge could be burning before it was even built, however, she took a deep breath and tried a different approach.

"Valerius suggested that you were an excellent hunter, something we both really need right now. He's sick and is unable to hunt, and I'm not able to catch enough food for the both of us." With this, the stranger straightened a little, the snarky expression disappearing. "We both need your help if he is to survive this winter; the prey is scarce and I'm no expert at hunting." Asiya was done here; if the stranger was to join, she'd have to decide now. Turning away, she began to journey back into her territory.

"I can help." Turning around, Asiya finally got to see who she had been talking to these past several minutes. It was a mottle rosetted feline; she had a very lean and strong build, perfect for hunting. Smiling, Asiya turned away.

"Let's hunt, then."
[ 471 words ]

--cats on patrol
Asiya | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: No
Theresia | HP 100% | HUP | 0% | Sick: No
--level 1
experience: 19/200

--inventory
Scraps | 1 FP | x2

Blackberry Leaves | Bee Stings | x1
Dried Oak Leaves | Infections | x1
--items in inventory used
None
--predators:
Wolves
Foxes
Hawks
Snakes
~ A s t e r l i e ~
-- -- -- -- --

Toyhou.se
Dragon Cave
DeviantArt
All Art Credit
-- -- -- -- --
Asterlie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xem » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:56 pm

𝘊𝘢𝘵𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘏𝘪𝘨𝘩 𝘔𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘴
Buckstar crawled through the thorn gap of the camp walls, shaking his fur out before reverting to a stealthier approach. He made his pawsteps slow and silent as he moved away from camp, his eyes alert, and ears perked for danger. The tom moved quietly along the mountainside, heading towards a smaller grassy plateau that was farther down the mountain. This flattened area was below him, the mountain becoming slightly steeper as Buckstar leaned against the rocks for support. He was careful as he made his way down to the edge of the grass, keeping his body low as he gained stable footing on the flat plateau. He kept still, staying hidden in the taller grass for a moment as he surveyed his senses for any signs of prey, or any signs of danger. He couldn’t tell which direction the wind was blowing, and was unsure if anything nearby would be able to pick up his scent. So he continued to stay still as he took in scents, listened, and looked around slowly the best he could.
[ 177 words ]

--cats on patrol
Buckstar | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 0
experience: 0

--inventory
prey | 1 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

herb | usage | x0
herb | usage | x0
herb | usage | x0
none
--predators:
predator #1 Grizzly Bear
predator #2 Cougar
predator #3 Wolverine
predator #4 Hawk
┌──────┐

✧ artist
✧ guitarist

th
credit

└──────┘

i love my friends
xem
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunny-skies » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:49 pm

the tom glanced around at his surroundings, making sure to keep his ears perked for any signs of prey nearby. after all, if he was to get by during the harsh season of leafbare, buckstar would need to make sure to keep himself fed. thankfully, he was able to step forward with more ease now that he was on flatter, more stable land.

as buckstar moved forward, he was quick to catch the familiar scent of a shrew, which fortunately didn't seem to be very far from where he was. lifting his nose in the air, the tom briefly pursed the scent, which led to a small cluster of bushes nearby. though he was unable to pick up the sound of the prey's footsteps nearby, buckstar was able to uncover some leftover prey scraps underneath! it had most likely been left behind from a previous hunt, though fortunately whatever had caught it before seemed to be nearby. it didn't look like there was much left, but it would definitely be enough to fill his belly for at least a little bit. (+1fp, +1xp)

in hopes of catching another meal before returning to camp, buckstar moved on. unfortunately, as time passed he continued to have little luck with picking up any signs of prey nearby. however, he did manage to stumble upon a couple herbs that were tucked away underneath some leaves! picking them up gently with his teeth, the tom grabbed them to take back to camp with him. (+1 sorrel, +1 mint)

+15xp for 177 words written
+10xp for patrol sent
+0% hunger (2 free posts left!)

total :

+28xp | +0% hunger | +1 sorrel, +1 mint | +1fp (scraps) | level 0 (28/100)
sunny-skies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BigFrog4231 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:40 am

BigFrog4231 wrote:
The Tribe of Singing Wind
(sorry, no writing this time! not feeling motivated ahdfjsahlfdsahj)
[ 0 words ]

--cats on patrol
--> Flower that grows under tree: HP- 100%, HUP- 10%, Sick- N
--> Songbird that sings at dawn: HP- 100%, HUP- 10%, Sick- N
--level 3
experience: 15/400

--inventory
Scraps | 1 FP | x1
Vole | 2 FP | x3
Shrew | 2 FP | x3
Squirrel | 3 FP | x1
prey | 3 FP | x0
Vulture | 4 FP | x0
Groundhog | 5 FP | x0
Raccoon | 5 FP | x0

Dandelion | Used for stings and painkiller | x1
Sorrel | Traveling herb | x1
Lamb's Ear | Gives cats strength | x2
Dried Oak Leaf | Stops infection | x1
Watermint | Treats bellyache | x2
Sweet sedge | Stops infection | x1
Hawkweed | Treats Greencough/Whitecough | x2
Goatweed | Eases grief | x1
Lovage | Treats coughing | x2
Feverfew | Reduces fever/Aches | x1
Chervil | Stops infection | x1
Catmint | Treats Greencough/Whitecough | x1
Yarrow | Makes cats vomit/Ointment can heal cracked pads | x1
Elder Leaves | Painkiller | x1
Tansy | Treats coughing | x1
Chickweed | Treats Greencough/Whitecough | x2
Tyme | Treats shock | x1
Wintergreen | Stops infection | x1
Blackberry Leaves | Used for stings | x1
Daisy Leave | Eases aching joints, sprains, and pain | x1
Willow Leaves | Treats bellyache | x1
N/A
--predators:
Foxes, Raccoons, Snakes, Opossums, Hawks,
Eagles, Badgers(uncommon), Beavers(Only near lake)
mac !! he/xem
``i like everything, im a great cool``

adult
⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅

est
transmasc
ImageImagexxxx

TH || LISTOGRAPHY
tokenz 4 art- open
TVR || TMA || BGG

⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅
BigFrog4231

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❄ ── 006.

Postby echo into void » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:12 pm

── SNOWCLAN
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
clan archive; xxxxxxxxxxxxxlast explore post; xxxxxxxxxxxxxlast response; xxx
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

↳ level one;
    ‣ 87/200
    ↳ cats on patrol;
    darkfire ◦ hunger: 10% ◦ health: 100% ◦ sick: no
    ↳ predators;
    ‣ arctic fox
    ‣ snow leopard
    ‣ lynx
    ‣ piranha
    ‣ snowy owl
    ↳ items used;
    ‣ none used

prey;
    ‣ scraps ◦ 1FP ⤅ x4
    ‣ mouse ◦ 2FP ⤅ x1
    herbs;
    ‣ stinging nettle ◦ helps with wounds ⤅ x1
    ‣ juniper berries ◦ soothes bellyaches ⤅ x1
    ‣ lavender ◦ cures fever and chills ⤅ x1
    ‣ lambs ear ◦ gives strength ⤅ x1
    ‣ lovage ◦ help cure coughs ⤅ x1
    ‣ mallow leaves ◦ cures bellyache ⤅ x1
    ‣ mint ◦ hides scent of death ⤅ x1
    ‣ borage leaves ◦ brings down fevers ⤅ x1

darkfire had to make a decision pretty quickly. part of her wanted to take on the arctic fox all on her own. she felt like she would be able to and it would give her a chance to prove to her clan that she was a strong warrior. the other part of her knew she should retreat and head back to camp to alert brokenstar. the leader did recently just leave her in the forest all on her own, though. she wasn't sure what to do.

darkfire was too busy thinking about the decision she needed to make and was out of time to make it. her instinct told her to turn around and run back to camp as fast as she could.

darkfire finally turned and sprinted into the trees towards camp.

[ 133 words ]

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
echo (they/them)
snowclan wermz
the sanctuary
currently: happy holidays!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x
echo into void

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby potato.PHD » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:48 am

the dogrun
It was at the break of dawn that the elderly tom took his last breath, and Persephone was there to witness it.

The kittypet had wandered a little ways off from her nest the previous night when she had stumbled across a most peculiar scent wafting through the air: a metallic, pungent odor... Her eyes widened in panic as realization hit, but instead of hightailing it back home, she stayed. Odd, but not out of character for her - someone needed help. She knew this, deep in her heart, to be true. She wasn't about to abandon someone in need at a time like this. She knew she couldn't do much in terms of healing, but they say laughter is the best medicine, right?

...Listen. I never said Persephone was a particularly bright cat. You'll have to bear with me here.

She padded forward, allowing the scent to guide her to a part of the forest she hadn't explored before. Chain linked fences lined the clearing, dotted with dead trees and shrubbery. Just beyond the fence sat an old, probably abandoned twoleg nest - it must've been abandoned, what with the rickety ramshackle ways it was held together. One could sneeze on it, and the den would likely blow down in an instant - however, she wasn't one to judge. She couldn't be.

Persephone continued towards the chain linked fence, her fur rising in anticipation and anxiety as the scent drew nearer. It was then that she spotted the coppery patches leading to a hollowed out den, hidden just barely out of sight from the edge of the clearing.
The she-cat frowned and glanced up at the fence blocking her path. There were barbs at the top - no way could she jump the gate without getting injured, and what good would that do if both of them were injured? She trudged along the side of the clearing, spotting a roughly carved out hole just under the fence and figuring that'd be good enough.

Now, Persephone wasn't a very small she cat as it were; rather, she was a large puffball of a cat - "big boned," as she'd describe herself. But damn it, if that didn't stop her from trying. She slipped under the fence (with a bit of a struggle, mind you) and began making her trek across the barren fields to the den where the bloody odor was coming from. As she neared, she heard a raspy voice call out cautiously. They were quiet, barely audible, but she could make it out - "Who's there?"

"My name is Persephone," she replied, taking a hesitant step forward. "I... You're hurt, I can tell. Do you need help?"
It was quiet for a moment, then: "I don't accept help from kittypets. You're better off leaving me to die."
Persephone's heart sank, but she remained strong. Pushing her way past the brush covering the den, she was met with a grotesque sight: an elderly tom, thin as a skeleton, barely clinging onto life as the injury from his neck caused him to hack and wheeze. She could've turned tail and ran right then and there, but in a way, she felt that would just be proving him right.

So, she stayed.

The tom hissed weakly at her, but she didn't flinch - it was quite sad, really. She knew his pride was keeping him from accepting potentially life saving help, and there was nothing she could do. She knew there was nothing she could do. "How did you know I was a kittypet?"
The tom scoffed. "Persephone isn't exactly a clan born name, you know," he grumbled, eyes downcast and solemn. "And what are you even doing all the way out here, anyways? You're a long way from the twoleg nests, kittypet - don't you know it's dangerous out here?"

Persephone glanced around. "Doesn't seem too dangerous to me," she said softly.
"Then you clearly haven't met the dogs yet."
"Dogs?!" Persephone's fur puffed up, her tail curling under her legs as she looked around before eyeing the tom again. "Did... Is that what happened to you? Did the dogs get to you?"

He chuckled, his voice gravelly and cynical. "Please. If the dogs had done this to me, I would be scraps on the ground right now. Dogs don't typically kill for fun."
Persephone frowned and nodded, somehow a smidge relieved at this conclusion. "Y-yeah, I guess you're right... Th-then what did hurt you so badly? Was it another cat?"

The tom's expression soured almost immediately, and he turned his head away from her. "...I used to be a clan leader, kittypet. You probably don't even know what a clan is, do you?"
"I've heard stories." She sat down, her tail curling over her paws as she inched closer to the tom. "Mama used to tell me about them when I was a kit. Said clans lived out on their own, without the help of twolegs - must be nice, eh? What happened?"

He looked over at her, clearly surprised by her response, and rasped out a small laugh. "You're darn right it's nice... Not having to rely on those who treat you as a lesser to survive... Having your freedom, being able to go where you want to go when you want to go there... It's wonderful." He sighed, glancing down as he mulled over his next choice of words. "...We were ambushed by a rivaling clan. Most of my clanmates left the second the fight turned south - the others perished on these very grounds. I don't blame them for leaving." At this he laughed bitterly. "Why would they stay? Just to die on this wasteland? By the stars, I'd have left too if I wasn't positive it was me they wanted."

Persephone tilted her head confusedly. "Why were they after you?"
"Mostly due to a disagreement at the last Gathering," he sighed. "They never seemed to listen to an old tom like me, but that doesn't matter anymore. I'm bound to die on this hill - both figuratively and literally. If that's how StarClan wants me to go, then so be it."

Persephone opened her mouth in protest, but just before any words could escape, the old tom began hacking and wheezing violently, a bit of crimson spattering on the ground before her. Alarmed, the kittypet curled up beside him in an attempt to comfort the clearly dying tom. "Shh, you should save your strength, sir... Don't let yourself get too stressed... You should probably rest a bit," she murmured, and the clan cat spat in distaste.

"I'll rest when I'm dead, kittypet - that shouldn't be too far off anyways." He turned to look at her, and for a moment Persephone noticed it was as though he was looking at something beyond her.
That's when she heard the twig snap.

Her head whipped towards the sound, and the tom quieted down almost instantly. The kittypet's eyes widened as she noticed a large, looming shadow overtake the den's entrance, but strangely enough, she couldn't make out what the creature was... It was almost as if it was standing too far away for her to be able to distinguish its silhouette.
It almost didn't seem real.

The massive, lumbering beast rose its sickly maw to the air, inhaling the scents around it, and for a moment Persephone couldn't breathe. She felt that if she did, it'd find them, and the outcome would be less than savory. With a huff that sounded like a mixture between a snarl and a sigh, the monster trudged off, easily scaling the chain linked fence and disappearing into the woods without much hesitation.

The she cat let out the deep breath she was holding, panting heavily as she stared, bewildered at the giant paw prints the thing left. "What... What was that thing?!"
The dying tom side eyed her and sighed. "I... I don't know. In all my days as HoundClan's leader, we'd only seen those brutes a handful of times, and even then we didn't know much about them to begin with. You think the monsters that roam the Thunderpath are bad? No, my dear - these are the true monsters. What you've seen up until this point has only been child's play."

Persephone shuddered at the mere thought of the beast, her fur standing on end as she replayed the image of it over and over again in her head. It wasn't until the clan cat started wheezing again was she snapped back into reality. "Sir!"
"Would you... Stop panicking so much?" he gasped out, shooting an obviously dirty look towards the kittypet. "Seriously, you're... You're going to draw it back here again, with how hysterical you get over the smallest things..."

The kittypet pouted. "Well can you blame me? First I find a dying cat on my nightly walk, and then I see the biggest, scariest monster I've ever faced in my life just walking around! If you were in my position, I bet you'd be freaking out too!"
The old tom spat and grumbled to himself, placing his head in the cool dirt and sighing heavily. It was at this point that Persephone noticed his breathing was growing shallower, and his movements seemed to take more effort than before. The kittypet paused for a brief moment before nudging him gently. "Sir? Sir, how are you feeling?"

"Like I'm dying."
Persephone couldn't help but chuckle at the tom's cynicism, but remained diligent in her attempts to comfort him. "I'm sure all you need is a bit of rest... Don't clan leaders have nine lives or something? You'll bounce back, right?"
"Not if this is my last life," he rasped, and Persephone froze as he continued to speak. "My dear, I've been around longer than you've been alive. I've seen things - things you couldn't even begin to wrap your head around. That monster back there? I've seen a pack of them, all hunting together... Nearly lost all my lives to them, had it not been for-" He stopped himself, grimacing as the memories flooded back. "...My clan has been with me through thick and thin, and now that they're gone, I have no reason left to continue on without them. I have no plans on reviving HoundClan - as much as it pains me to say this, the clan is dispersed. Gone forever. We won't recover from this - not today, and with how things are going? Probably not ever."

"Don't say that!" Persephone gasped. "You... You can't give up! After all you've been through, sir... Why would you let your clan die with you?"
The old tom winced, and for a moment Persephone considered apologizing for her outburst - after all, it probably wasn't her place to speak out of line like that, especially for something she had no part in. But the tom opened his eyes, and Persephone saw a new glimmer in them - almost like a small beacon of hope had erected itself, and he was basking in its light.

"My dear, if it were up to me, I'd never let my clan die. HoundClan meant so much to me - it was the clan I was born in, the clan that raised me... But I truly don't think we'll ever be able to recover from such a horrendous disaster as we've gone through. Not without new leadership - after all, I'm on my last life. Once I die, that's it - I'm headed to an eternal slumber with my ancestors. If I don't find a successor soon, this will be the end of HoundClan as we know it."

Persephone nodded solemnly. She knew what the tom was hinting at, but she didn't know if she had the courage to uphold such a momentous responsibility. She was but a mere kittypet - she had never even hunted her own prey, for goodness' sake! Everything she had to be thankful for was because of a twoleg taking pity on her and forcing her to be dependent on them. There was simply no way she could ever be a successful clan leader, and truthfully? She wanted to express this to the dying tom lying before her.

But she couldn't bring herself to crush his hopes.
Sure, he was a bit rough around the edges at first. And yeah, this tom was brash, abrasive... But he had passion. That much was clear to Persephone. She knew that this clan was essentially this tom's lifeline - his legacy. To have it die alongside him would be a fate much worse than death; a fate she wouldn't wish upon anybody. And besides, she had come here to help someone, right? That was the only reason she had ventured this far into the woods, after all: because she wanted to help. And if she refused this dying tom's one last wish, then that wouldn't be very helpful, now, would it?

So with that, Persephone cleared her throat, puffed out her chest, and said, "Well... If you'd trust a kittypet with the task, I'd be honored to lead HoundClan, and I'll do my best to revive it to its former glory. Only if you'd entrust me with such responsibilities, though."
The tom side eyed her warily, but she could tell there was a kit like giddiness in his eyes. "...You're not much, but you've got heart, kid," he wheezed. "If you'd be willing to do so, I would be more than honored to pass down HoundClan to you. Lead it well and true, Persephone." He coughed again, and the kittypet pressed her nose against his forehead in comfort. However, this time the coughing didn't subside. It got worse and worse, and Persephone's eyes screwed shut tightly as she waited for the inevitable to occur. And it did, eventually - the tom's breathing stilled, and his eyes went dull.

The kittypet sniffled at the loss of her predecessor, nuzzling him one last time before she stood, exiting the den and looking around. It was starting to become light out again - the sun peeked over the mountains as Persephone gazed out at the stretch of territory before her. It was also at this point she got a better look at the massive paw prints of the beast from before - she gasped lightly at the sight of them, for one paw print was bigger than her body alone.
She shivered at the sight of them, recalling back to what the tom had said about there being a pack of them hunting together. Those hideous creatures... She shook her head at the mere thought of more than one being in the same place at the same time, knowing that if she psyched herself out before she even really had the chance to revive HoundClan, she'd end up letting the old tom down.

Persephone padded along the edge of the territory, letting her eyes drift and her thoughts wander. What would she do now, now that she was the leader of a clan? Logic dictated that she should find a deputy, and maybe a medicine cat, too. Warriors were also important - she thought back to her twoleg nest, eyes widening slightly in mild alarm. Her brothers - what would she do without them? Would they want to become clan cats with her? Would they even be up for something like this? She knew her brothers - knew how rambunctious and adventurous they were - but would they want to leave the twoleg nest for a life such as this one?

The former kittypet sighed and decided to mark the borders, just as a start. She'd also hunt a bit - maybe if she managed to find some food, it'd be easier to recruit new clan members. Persephone walked along the chain linked fence's outer edges, taking in the sights of the territory around her. There were large claw marks raking down the sides of the abandoned twoleg nest out front of the fenced in area - no doubt from those monsters, Persephone knew - and she shuddered at the sight of them. However, she would not let that deter her - she continued along the dirt path, marking the borders and keeping an eye out for any prey that she could potentially chase down.

She knew in her heart now that the old Persephone was gone, and in her place stood Houndstar, leader of the Dogrun. She'd restore what was once known as HoundClan to its former glory, or she would die trying. It was only fair that she did this, of course - she never once had backed down on a promise, after all. And she didn't intend to start doing so today.
[ 2,755 words ]

--cats on patrol
Houndstar | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 0
experience: 0

--inventory
prey | 1 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

herb | usage | x0
herb | usage | x0
herb | usage | x0
Any items used this post (or eaten)
ex. food, herbs, explore items
--predators:
dogs
hawks
foxes
????
potato.PHD

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunny-skies » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:06 am

BigFrog4231 wrote:The Tribe of Singing Wind

a gust of icy wind hit flower and songbird as they set out of camp, causing them to puff out their pelts against the cold. their shorter fur wasn't exactly the most ideal for leafbare, after all, and they eagerly awaited the warmer weather that was yet to come. hopefully it would be sooner rather than later, as the colder season was already beginning to draw to an end.

as the two weaved through the trees around them, songbird lifted his nose to sniff the air. it wasn't long after that the tom's ears perked upon picking up the fresh, familiar scent of a vole. it didn't seem to be too far off from where they were, too. after receiving flower's approval to pursue the scent, the tom disappeared off into a nearby clearing.
within only a few minutes, songbird returned to flower, this time holding a limp, plump vole in his jaws. "nice catch, songbird!" the leader said with a small nod of approval, filling the tom with a sense of pride. (+2fp, +2xp)

unfortunately, the rest of the patrol turned out to be less eventful and the two were unable to find much else. at least they wouldn't be returning to camp empty-pawed! while the vole itself wasn't particularly filling in terms of food, it was sure to make for at least a couple of meals.

+5xp for 0 words written
+10xp for patrol sent
+10% hunger

total :

+17xp | +10% hunger | +2fp (vole) | level 3 (32/400)

echo into void wrote: ── SNOWCLAN

sprinting as fast as she could, darkfire began to make her way back to camp. fortunately for her, the molly soon noticed that all signs of the predator had disappeared from the area around her. she couldn't even pick up the slightest trace of its presence, and if she were to guess, it had already left snowclan territory. darkfire would still make sure to alert brokenstar, as she'd much rather be safe than sorry. the fox could always return to their territory, after all, and it could become a threat if the clan wasn't careful enough.

with the danger of any nearby predators gone, darkfire allowed herself to slow her pace a bit. she'd still make it back to camp before it got dark, so there was no need to exert any more of her energy. as she stepped forward, it wasn't long before the molly heard a soft crunch from underneath her paws. her gaze fell to the ground in front of her to find a small bundle of herbs, most of which had already become shriveled from the cold. she did, however, manage to salvage a single herb among the few! she picked it up gently with her teeth before resuming her return to camp. (+1 dried oak leaf)

as she neared camp, the molly managed to stumble upon some prey scraps. though it didn't look like there was very much left to it, darkfire was just grateful to have found some food to bring back with her to camp. (+1fp, +1xp)

+15xp for 133 words written
+10xp for patrol sent
+10% hunger

total :

+27xp | +10% hunger | +1 dried oak leaf | +1fp (scraps) | level 1 (114/200)
sunny-skies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hush » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:59 am

Gmail

Clan of Roaring Silence

During Badgerstar’s absence the kits became apprentices, their mother preforming a brief ceremony for them before immediately beginning their training. All three learned under her how to hunt and patrol their territory. More than a paw full of moons passing during Badgerstar’s absence, they learned quite a lot, though out of the three Robinpaw showed the most promise as a hunter, having the patients required to sneak up on the more observant prey. His brother Crowpaw was patient as well, but would sometimes pounce too quickly, Hawkpaw having a similar personality to her mother was more of a fighter, being larger than the other two and using it to her advantage against larger prey that they worked together to hunt.

Today was the morning after Badgerstar returned from his journey to the north, having carried one of his two kits on his back while the other was in his jaw. Still having a bit of milk left in her, Lynxtuft became their wet nurse while Badgerstar took over training the apprentices. Knowing she’d be bound to the den for a while, Lynxtuft nestled the kits in for a nap before heading out one last time for the foreseeable future for a patrol. All five of the newly formed clan going out together to hunt and mark their territory’s border.

[219 words]

xxxxxxxxxx--cats on patrolxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx--level 1
xxxxxxxx________________________________xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx___________________
xxxxxxxxxxBadgerstar | HP 100% | HUP 30% | Sick: NxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxExperience: (153/200)
xxxxxxxxxxLynxtuft | HP 100% | HUP 30% | Sick: N
Apprentices:
Crowpaw | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Hawkpaw | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Robinpaw | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Any items used this post (or eaten)
ex. food, herbs, explore items
N/A
--predators:
Hawks, Owls
Foxes, Coyotes, Dogs, Wolves
Cottonmouth’s
Badger

-- Prey
Mice, rats, shrew, vole
Moles, squirrels, snakes
Fish of varying sizes, frogs
Various birds, rabbits

--inventory

Shrew | 2 FP | x1
Mouse | 2 FP | x1
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Daisy | Eases the pain of aching joints. | x1
Coltsfoot | Eases breathing or kitten-cough, as well as cracked or sore pads. | x1
Lamb’s Ear | Gives a cat strength. | x1
Watermint | Eases the suffering that originates from a bellyache. | x1
Bright-eye | Mix with lovage to help cure coughs. | x1
Mallow Leaves | Soothes bellyache. | x1
Wintergreen | Treats wounds and some poisons. | x1
Thyme | Calms nervousness, anxiety, and cats who are in shock. | x1
Dried Oak Leaf | Stops infection from setting in. | x1
Catchweed | Stops poultices from being rubbed off without hurting the skin. | x1
Chervil | For infected wounds and bellyache, respectively. | x1
Lungwort | Cures yellowcough. | x1
Deadly Nightshade | death | x1
Burnet | tba | x1
x
x
x
x
x
x

╔══════════════╗
xxImage
* id #256165
* Pantry Puffs
* Art shop
* Toyhouse
╚══════════════╝
xxxxart credit*stamp credit
Hush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nio » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:03 pm

"Hey Arnicastar...?"

"Yes, Cheesepaw?" Arnicastar flicked in ear in annoyance as the rowdy apprentice stumbled through the undergrowth, scaring away a pair of birds from a nearby tree.

Cheesepaw, unaware of his clumsy mistake, spun around to face his mentor. "Are you a tom, or a she-cat?"

Arnicastar stared for a second, then let out a loud mrr in amusement. Every young cat in the clan asked them this, eventually. "I'm neither. Or both. Whatever you want. Tom, she-cat, they mean nothing to me. I'm just Arnicastar!"

Cheesepaw looked at the ground, deep in though. Then he nodded enthusiastically. "I think I understand, yeah! You're too cool to be a tom or a she-cat. You're special!"

Arnicastar purred, "I'm not the only cat in the clan who doesn't identify as a tom or she-cat. There's Artemis, Swanripple, Fignose, Laurelsong, Anemonefrost, Peeweepounce, Shoreline and even our only elder, Wailingswoop! Everyone's experiences are different, you should ask each individual how they like to be referred to."

"Sounds good! I'm glad BayClan is full of super cool, different cats." Cheesepaw grinned.

Arnicastar nodded, blinking their eyes in happiness. "Me too, buddy." Their eyes flew open as they heard the unmistakable crunch of a squirrel eating. "Now, get back to your training. I want to see at least 3 pieces of prey on the prey-pile from you by sundown!"

Cheesepaw nodded and bounded off loudly. Arnicastar sighed. This apprentice is going to need some work.
    [ # 241 ]

cats on patrol
Arnicastar | HP 100% | HUP 50% | Sick: N
Cheesepaw | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
level 2
experience: 191/300

inventory
scraps | 1 FP | x3
gecko | 2 FP | x2
rabbit | 2 FP | x2
large fish | 3 FP | x1
squirrel | 3 FP | x2