Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Tracker Dogs

Postby DoctorDraca » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:29 pm

None of the art is bad, guys. It's all very cute.

And Sparky, to answer your question.. Tracker Dogs are probably able to have mates, even other dogs of a normal breed, though the connection has to be there. Tracker Dogs go forth from smells, color trails and touch, so they choose a mate based on a mix of that. As far as breeding goes, they're most likely able to breed, but never get big litters, and once their pups get puppies (3rd generation), the crossbreeding will stop unless the Tracker Dog bred with another Tracker Dog and those puppies are also bred with Tracker Dogs.

I might change this information during the development of the species, so don't go forth from this. But yes, they're able to have mates, but they're picky.
------------------- ◊ -------------------
toyhousedeviantarttracker dogs
DoctorDraca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cottleston » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:17 pm

Okay, awesome :3
I love the new skeleton design! I don't think I'll go for it though as I already have Nocturne, otherwise I'll end up appling for them all XD
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Cottleston

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bartimaeus » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:25 am

Wow! I LOVE the skeleton! <3
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

.:BARTIMAEUS:.

| Trade | Hoards | Send them spiders! | ★Tumblr |
Bartimaeus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Reirae » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:06 am

Are we allowed to roleplay our tracker dogs in any "all animals" rps?
| ace | isfj-a/istj-a | virgo | true neutral | she/her |

Hello, I'm Reirae! I've been on CS for 8 years but have stopped collecting adoptables now. I love computers and am currently studying computer science. Feel free to leave me a message if you want to chat! I'm almost always available and would love to know more of the people on here n_n
Reirae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pandora! » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:28 am

The skeleton design is amazing! I applied for it, and if I do say myself my form was pretty decant. :3

Also, and idea for design: The tracker dog would be used in big cites, and urban area. It would be all shades of grey with a few white glowing stripes. The dog would be semi robotic, even more than normal with visible bolts, screws, metal plates, and maybe an antenna in between the ears.
Last edited by Pandora! on Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
▐▌

Pandora!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bartimaeus » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:30 am

I think the devil in disguise is the best design you've ever come up with. If I didn't have EarthLight I'd be there in a minutes queing up to get her. But I LUVE my EarthLight, and will never give him up! *Huggles*

Bartimaeus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DoctorDraca » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:50 am

-Avril- wrote:Are we allowed to roleplay our tracker dogs in any "all animals" rps?

Of course. I don't see why not.

Pandora<3 wrote:
The skeleton design is amazing! I applied for it, and if I do say myself my form was pretty decant. :3

Also, and idea for design: The tracker dog would be used in big cites, and urban area. It would be all shades of grey with a few white glowing stripes. The dog would be semi robotic, even more than normal with visible bolts, screws, metal plates, and maybe an antenna in between the ears.

Robot dog.. Yeah, I could do that. In fact, it was what I was thinking of just a minute ago. You'd better not be a mindreader.

ShadowSlayer wrote:I think the devil in disguise is the best design you've ever come up with. If I didn't have EarthLight I'd be there in a minutes queing up to get her. But I LUVE my EarthLight, and will never give him up! *Huggles*

Really? My favourite design is still the Ex-Forest Tracker, because of it's more natural colors yet mysterious looks. Then again, the beauty of the dogs are based on personal opinion.
------------------- ◊ -------------------
toyhousedeviantarttracker dogs
DoctorDraca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bartimaeus » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:51 am

Hmmm... that one is cool. And the one you put up a few seconds ago is also awesome.

Bartimaeus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Reirae » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:15 am

Nex wrote:
-Avril- wrote:Are we allowed to roleplay our tracker dogs in any "all animals" rps?

Oh yayz thanks ^^
| ace | isfj-a/istj-a | virgo | true neutral | she/her |

Hello, I'm Reirae! I've been on CS for 8 years but have stopped collecting adoptables now. I love computers and am currently studying computer science. Feel free to leave me a message if you want to chat! I'm almost always available and would love to know more of the people on here n_n
Reirae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pandora! » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:30 am

Nex wrote:

Pandora<3 wrote:

Robot dog.. Yeah, I could do that. In fact, it was what I was thinking of just a minute ago. You'd better not be a mindreader.

ShadowSlayer wrote:I think the devil in disguise is the best design you've ever come up with. If I didn't have EarthLight I'd be there in a minutes queing up to get her. But I LUVE my EarthLight, and will never give him up! *Huggles*

Really? My favourite design is still the Ex-Forest Tracker, because of it's more natural colors yet mysterious looks. Then again, the beauty of the dogs are based on personal opinion.

Haha, maybe I am! :3 I could apply for that one if I don't get the Death Tracker.
▐▌

Pandora!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me