Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: ✧Ponies of Paledon; ARPG Community✧

Postby Griddle » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:33 pm

Hello! I am here to make a nuisance of myself lol. :3c

The batpony event is so cool! I've been really enjoying seeing the adopts released and the MYOs. I don't really have any plans or ideas for a batpony character, so I think I'll wind up skipping that part of the event, but I'm very interested in the reveal of the Coven (I! Love! Witches!!!) and look forward to learning more about them. I'm very curious about the political intrigue swirling around the Coven, Lord Frostbite, and the royalty of Paledon!

I've got some questions about the magic system! The event mentions dark magic; is that the same as void magic mentioned on the front page, under the MYO section? If they are different, how do they differ from each other, and how is that different from celestial black-hole magic? Is magic more up to user interpretation and creativity, or might there be guides at some point?

When another user asked about ice magic, it was mentioned that now-a-days, if a pony wants to learn ice magic, they also have to learn water, earth, and floral magic to understand the gravity of the power they weild. I understand that it's more common for a pony to be magical than not (I have an exception lol), but how many magicks do most ponies learn? Is it common for a pony to learn multiple magicks? Is there a trade-off, like a pony knowing fewer magicks being more powerful with those magicks, or a pony who dabbles in many magicks having diluted powers spread between the discipines?

Is it possible for a common pony to get "upgraded," through learning celestial magic, or being blessed with [more] horns/wings, to a royal pony? For example, upgrading a character you already have as opposed to making a new one if you score a royal MYO (like through an artist position).

Some more questions for the artist search: is it possible to count a MYO you've already made as a design example for the artist search? It's stated that an artist can make themselves a royal pony every three months: could these be substituted by other special ponies, such as wildlings, kirin, or bat/spider/merponies?

I'm thinking about making myself a morally-gray, or even evil unicorn! (It sounds really fun lol.) I had originally been thinking of making him a "lancer," or non-magic unicorn. However, it was stated these were rare, so I wanted to ask if a non-magical unicorn would be available as citizen MYOs, or if they're restricted like other special ponies? I've since been leaning toward making him magical after all (I just... neeed to figure out what those magicks would be) so I won't be disappointed by the answer. I am just curious!

Lastly, are there any plans for a Discord server? I know Discord is required for artists, but I was wondering if there might be a community-wide server at some point! 👀

I think that's all for now! I have been trying to collect my thoughts and questions over the past few days, I hope it isn't too overwhelming! I hope y'all are doing well and having fun!

Edit: OH one more question! Dragons do not exist, and are not to be used as familiars or wildlife, but do they exist as... storybook animals? Might they show up in stories, art, heraldry, etc? Like dragons irl, lol. Or unicorns/pegasi for that matter! can the ponies play D&D
-
ImageImage
ImageImage
of course I have [NONE] hair and pronouns
queer • grown-up • est
ImageImageImage
🌲SIBLING ALERT!!🌲
Griddle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BornFromAshes » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:06 am

Vulpix wrote:snip

not a nuisance at all, I appreciate any and all questions!
More will be revealed about the Coven, Frostbite, and the royalty as I continue making NPCs and develop the storyline. So far, however, the Coven is working more behind-the-scenes with their plans and plots, while Empress Solaris is working to figure out who their leader truly is. (Hint, it's not Melusine <:)

Dark magick is very different from the void magicks! While dark magick pertains to blood rituals, summoning of dark entities, and polluting the magick of oneself and others, voidal magick is a direct connection to the Void, and more importantly, the entities within it. The Void is an entity in itself, with those wielding any level of it slowly becoming consumed by it. Dark Magick is just a general term for corruption magicks and illegal rituals. Celestial black-hole magick is like a pocket-dimension! While it can be very dangerous if not used correctly, those who do wield black holes use them as their own personal bookbag, closet, and libraries. If it gets out of hand, say, they let the pocket expand indefinitely it can start to bring things into the dimension on its own, but there have only been few cases of those using black-holes with intent to consume Paledon--and there are several ways to combat the magick itself, which include the other celestial magicks.

Most ponies learn 2-3 magicks, with those wanting to focus on a singular magick mastering it a lot faster than learning multiple. It really depends if there's a trade-off, whether or not the pony is focused enough to fully master multiple magicks (which is a lot of work!) or those who learn a few, but focus on one. Magister Lunare is a bit of an exception to this, because he very rarely leaves the Lunar Library he has spent almost his entire life mastering the magicks he wields. To put it simply, if you learn many instruments at one time, you can try to spread yourself evenly, but you will still have preferences for which instrument you like better, while if you learn one or maybe two instruments, your focus will be on those two and it will be your strongsuit.
For the ponies wanting to learn magick, it just depends on the time they have to spend! A lot of ponies are also in the magical academies, or have regular jobs in cafes, libraries, clothing stores, etc! There is an economy, and ponies still need to make money some how to pay for necessities (although housing is very very cheap so there shouldn't be any homeless individuals!)

Yes, your pony can be upgraded through royal MYOs! The person with the MYO may add any additional horns, wings, and can have their pony learn up to three additional celestial magicks.

I always considered "royal" ponies to include rarer pony types (i.e., the wildlings, kirin, spider/bat/merponies), so yes! It is very possible for an artist (or someone who gains a royal myo) to make one of those!

Non-magical ponies (of any kind! pegasi, unicorns, etc.) are open to citizen myos! I considered them rare because magic is fun to describe and use, and I wasn't sure if many people would go for a "normal" pony. Please feel free to make your evil lancer, i love seeing variety in dispositions and where ponies stand in relation to the Royalty, Werwild, and Frozen Everglades!

Not sure quite yet, I'll definitely be considering making one in the future because of the small community that's been gathering here, but other than that it's to be determined.

Dragons are absolutely part of the mythological entities in Paledon! A lot of parent ponies try to scare their colts/fillies into staying in Paledon by telling them stories of mythical creatures (dragons, ogres, goblins, etc!), despite the fact they may or may not exist! And yes, by all means, there are definitely D&D sessions throughout Paledon, as it is typical for Paledonians to be very social and have a lot of friends with similar interests! Lunare was part of a D&D session before he was focused on his studies!

As I mentioned above, I love questions. I have so much in mind for Paledon that I do get a little trapped upstairs sometimes, but by anychance you have any more questions, ask away! I'm thrilled to have you here <3
Last edited by BornFromAshes on Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ash/Ashie INFJ-A Artist
i've been burning incense, gone a little mad
trying to be religious, talking to the man
╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗
BornFromAshes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Metski » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:25 am

By the way Born! Will we get a Discord server perhaps? c: Or is that a no go?
Metski

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BornFromAshes » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:27 am

Daioki wrote:By the way Born! Will we get a Discord server perhaps? c: Or is that a no go?

aa with the increased interest, I will probably set one up later this week!

Ash/Ashie INFJ-A Artist
i've been burning incense, gone a little mad
trying to be religious, talking to the man
╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗
BornFromAshes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ✧Ponies of Paledon; Discord Link on last page!✧

Postby BornFromAshes » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:50 am

per request, I have made a discord server for members to join! here it is, just click and join! ; X
BornFromAshes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 404NeverFound » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:44 am

Mark
Hello I'm Sam(uel)