Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Valley of Kings - Open

Postby KestrelTheFirecat » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:06 pm

KestrelTheFirecat wrote:Username: KestrelTheFirecat
100 words (minimum) about their territory/where their pride will be built/how they achieved this territory: this lioness achieved her territory by being fair and kind, its full grassland and the pride lives in a forest of trees
Maned or not maned: not maned
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: I would love for her to have be part cheetah or at least have interesting markings (up to artist)
not USAble
Last edited by KestrelTheFirecat on Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i have left
KestrelTheFirecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PastelDog » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:31 pm

XxStarlordxX wrote:I just have a question. If we find that VOK isn't for us and we only have a founder. Could we host a re-adoption ourself or does VOK staff member have to do the re-adoption?

Re-posting
free art
Adopts Shop
OC Sale
• [url=link]Art Shop[/url]
Trading
UMA Storage
LOLO Stories
PastelDog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flicka » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:48 pm

If we want to is it ok to write more then what a prompt needs us to? or will we be disqualified?
My Wmes~Senegal Zebras~Crownies
ImageImageImage
Now accepting Commissions!
Flicka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frisco » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:41 pm

XxStarlordxX wrote:
XxStarlordxX wrote:I just have a question. If we find that VOK isn't for us and we only have a founder. Could we host a re-adoption ourself or does VOK staff member have to do the re-adoption?

Re-posting

you can host it yourself. after you pick a winner make sure to fill out the character transfer form in the archives thread

Flicka wrote:If we want to is it ok to write more then what a prompt needs us to? or will we be disqualified?

levelling up and store prompts only have a minimum word requirement, there is no maximum so write to your heart's content

What a beautiful, beautiful thing
to be able to dream
when you're not asleep.

art by Sixbane
Frisco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StormSerpent » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:24 am

Username: StormSerpent
100 words (minimum) about their territory/where their pride will be built/how they achieved this territory: The kingdom is fairly large. It has two main castles, one for each ruler, there are always two and they are supposed to be equal but are not at all. One is descended from the original founder of Kiwelnos Kingdom, this one has all the power and the other is chosen by the lions of Kiwelnos, this one has little to no power. It is in the desert, founded around an oasis. The water in it is sacred and said to be from the gods it is not allowed to be used by anyone for anything except the descendant king/queen when they become of age, this means water is carried from a fairly close river. In droughts the oasis never dries but they’d let everyone dehydrate before drinking from it. The desert is home to lots of dangerous animals but they do not breach the kingdom walls. There’s deadly scorpions and snakes among other things, some of which are magical. They can be used to perform spells of great power but are very hard to come by. There’s many that are huge, twice as big as a lion, they possess no magic and often attack anyone that leaves the walls. The river is outside the walls so all of the water fetching lions are skilled warriors. The sand is red and gold and a sapphire blue. It sparkles brilliantly, and although the lions that live there are well adjusted to it anyone not from there would be blinded. The legends say that a pride of lions led by sir Kiwelnos were nomads of a sort, they travelled the world following their own rules and believing in no magic or gods of any kind. But when they found the oasis and drank from it’s waters they were granted great knowledge and built the castles overnight. Since then, lions from around the world have moved there and it has grown into one of the most famous kingdoms of the world.

Maned or not maned: maned
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: something with orange and/or dark reddish brown and/or gold?

cancelled <33
Last edited by StormSerpent on Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
awkward, autistic, adhd, anxiety, aroace, agender, artist, alliteration

any pronouns
my toyhouse is stormserpent, you can credit me here or there
StormSerpent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coolcutelily » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:13 pm

Username: Coolcutelily
100 words (minimum) about their territory/where their pride will be built/how they achieved this territory:
As you enter the lands of BlueGrass Pride you quickly are amazed to find the grass to be a vibrant blue green hue. The air is crisp and breezey, almost a little cold for a typical lion territory. As you get further into the territory you find a lake with very clear water with large stones laid around. Not far from the lake is a tree with pale birch bark, and deep green umbrella leaves hand from its branches. You notice a small stream going by the tree and follow that to a wooded area. The stream grows until you reach a cave with large tree growing above the cave entrance. The stream flows through the camp area leading to a mossy undergrowth beneath your feet. Inside the cave you have to watch out for roots above your head, but the further you go the more you notice the sides becoming rocky and more sturdy. The ground turns to concrete and you're welcomed by carved statues within a set of ruins. Long forgotten, but sturdy enough to make a home for the pride.
Maned or not maned: Maned?
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt:

ImageImage

We love trades, so feel free to send some our way :).

coolcutelily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

founder form

Postby tula! » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:43 am

username: tula!

maned or not maned: maned
    design: something like this

After days of aimless wandering, [founder's name] finally stumbled upon it. The place he'd build his family, his pride...

The pride inhabits the area at the border of desert and savannah, the latter being the larger part of their territory. The most notable feature of their land— the crown jewel, if you please— is the Oasis. Bursting with beautiful, lush growth, the palms and shrubs and such lining the area make the paradise stand out like sore thumb in the dry and arid places around it. Animals come from all over to rest, bathe, and drink. This is why it makes such a good hunting spot. Not the mention the life-giving water spilling from the earth there, which is one of the lions' only water sources. Just southeast of the Oasis, the grassy plains of the Savannah lay. The rocks and trees (acacias, mostly) scattered about the region provide sunning areas and shade, respectively. Here is where you will find the pride's camp: a collection of large stones surrounded by dead trees. The location of the camp is so that the lions may travel to the water, but not settle there and scare away their prey.

The territory was not uninhabited when [founder's name] came upon it. There were few lions, but they were easily defeated. The survivors of the battle ran and the land was left ripe for the taking. [227 words] [map]
tula!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MySpoons » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:47 pm

Skarrred wrote:Skarrred
This pride lives in a lush forest where many creatures roam. These lions are not afraid of anything that comes their way! Unless well.. it's a literal killing machine. They may be a bit afraid then. The birds chirp overhead and the gazelles leap through the vines of the trees. They live by a large rock (Not Lion King) which is what provides them shade. The 'higher' 'ranks' live on the cool, gray rock while the lower rest in the shade. They achieved this area when the founder of the pride found it, chasing off the mating pair of wolves from its roots. Those two wolves may or may not attack them some day..
Maned!
Natural-Colored kinda looking like a leopard-tabbyhousecat-cheetah mix of patterns? Thanks! If this isn't possible, go wild please! <3 (If scars are allowed, just a few minor ones from the two wolves, please? ^^)

claiming!

beekind wrote:

username: beekind
territory prompt: --snipped--
maned or not maned: maned
inspo: i love this color palette but i'm not married to it. i really like pale creams, golds and whites and browns. markings are up to the artist, but i love clouded leopard, king cheetah and civet markings. if you're led in a particular direction, feel free to do what you think looks best!

claiming!

tula! wrote:

claiming!
-------------------------------------
𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗗
struggling mar. 14

𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗦 [Masterlist]
𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘 [Trades]
Heya, I'm MySpoons!
Artist | World Builder

Ace | She/Her/They/Them
Pup Parent to Teddy, SDIT

358 Pets Left
to a complete collection

Trades | Auctions
Collection Progress | Art Shop

ABOUT ME
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Runnersback » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:00 am

Canceling
Last edited by Runnersback on Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

runners/sharkkbait/swiftie
Image🎶 RTF 🎶 cal-vain ©

𝙸 𝚏𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝,
𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑."

𝐼𝓉’𝓈 𝒶 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒷𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒶𝓁𝓉𝓎 𝓈𝑒𝒶
Runnersback

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nio » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:58 pm

Username: nio
    Maned or not maned: maned
    Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: something natural-ish, with darker colours, and maybe like tattoos? like war paint?

100 words territory/where their pride will be built/how they achieved this territory:
    their territory is a large stretch of open grasslands, with the center of their territory being a large waterhole. the waterhole is used by their pride only, and other animals are chased away. the main camp is on a rocky island in the middle of the waterhole, with a shallow stretch of water to one side where the lions cross into the camp. the camp's ground is muddy, but nests are fitted into cracks and covers of the rocks. the waterhole was once accessible by all animals in the grasslands but it was too perfect for a camp and is now heavily protected. [103 words]

tysm!
sun !! he/she/they/any — adult awst cs th
art queueicon cred
𓆟 𓆝 𓆟

semi-hiatus! focusing on bettering my health ^o^
nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups