Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Valley of Kings - Open

Postby QueenOfWyrms » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:53 am

Founder form:

Username: QueenOfWyrms
    100+ words on Territory: [209]

A young lioness, hardly past her maturity, keened as she lay next to an aged lion. With her paws on his shaking chest she begged him to live as he took each ragged, hollow breath. „Papa, please don’t go!“ She wailed; her fur lay dull and flat, her ears and tail pressed down.
    The lion‘s eyes floated vaguely in her direction, glazed with pain and age. “Heartchild, what is it you fear that my death should bring about?”
    The lioness turned away momentarily. “I fear that my cousin, the strongest of those wandering the prideland, should take over and ruin us all—he has always held the traditional views of pride hierarchy.”
    Age showing in his teeth as he bared them, the lion growled. “As you should fear such a future. No, I will lend you the strength of my days with my death and you must lead the pride. You must keep the peace your mother and I made.” With that, the aged lion breathed his last and the color faded from him.
    Just as her father had said, the lioness grew in strength—and wisdom—from his death. She fought her cousin tooth and claw, and in the end, with the help of her beloved, she ended her cousin’s life.

Maned or not maned: not maned
    Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: um... night/stars/moonlight I guess
QueenOfWyrms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Isabella- » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:26 am

AwkwardAnxiety wrote:Username: AwkwardAnxiety
100 words (minimum) about their territory/where their pride will be built/how they achieved this territory: The Grand Cycle Pride prides (pardon the pun) itself on it’s variety of terrain. The den of the pride is located on an oasis in a dry savannah biome. The western side of the territory contains a dense rainforest and the southern end meets a sea that they call the Great Water. They hunt mainly in the savannah, better suited for the grasses and the wide open spaces, however young cubs sometimes dare each other to brave the strange rainforest, full of colorful plants and weird creatures. The territory is very large and pride members are required to roam or hunt in groups so that they are never lost by themselves.

One might ask how do a large amount of territory was gained and that is easily answered. The founding male was kicked out of his birth pride and chased from every territory he tried to pass through until he decided to go past the furthest prides and continue as far as he could past that, picking up rogues on the way, so that his territory could be large and unchallenged.
Maned or not maned: Maned
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: Fire-y colored pelt with sand colored mane and eyes if possible

Claiming this one.
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnightkitkat » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:48 am

QueenOfWyrms wrote:Founder form:

Username: QueenOfWyrms
    100+ words on Territory: [209]

A young lioness, hardly past her maturity, keened as she lay next to an aged lion. With her paws on his shaking chest she begged him to live as he took each ragged, hollow breath. „Papa, please don’t go!“ She wailed; her fur lay dull and flat, her ears and tail pressed down.
    The lion‘s eyes floated vaguely in her direction, glazed with pain and age. “Heartchild, what is it you fear that my death should bring about?”
    The lioness turned away momentarily. “I fear that my cousin, the strongest of those wandering the prideland, should take over and ruin us all—he has always held the traditional views of pride hierarchy.”
    Age showing in his teeth as he bared them, the lion growled. “As you should fear such a future. No, I will lend you the strength of my days with my death and you must lead the pride. You must keep the peace your mother and I made.” With that, the aged lion breathed his last and the color faded from him.
    Just as her father had said, the lioness grew in strength—and wisdom—from his death. She fought her cousin tooth and claw, and in the end, with the help of her beloved, she ended her cousin’s life.

Maned or not maned: not maned
    Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: um... night/stars/moonlight I guess

Gonna take this one!
Midnightkitkat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lennon; » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:12 pm

marking <3
Mimchii Says wrote:
Did you drink water today?

lennon;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mercuré » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:32 am

Hi! I have questions about prompts. I’m completely redoing the lore for my pride and can I redeem xp from doing the prompt again because it’ll be 100% different or no?

On a similar note can I do a prompt several times if I have more to say? Like for example if it’s asking about a tradition and my clan has multiple can I redeem xp from doing it multiple times but writing about different traditions?

Sorry if this is answered somewhere!
Mercuré

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DraconisSumeris » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:35 am

Each prompt can only be done once; even if you switch everything up (i did that too)

You can always split a peice into multiple prompts (d2 is good for this) but again only one for one prompt. (So one bit for the traditions prompt, and if the others reach the d2 length claim it as d2, as that one is a multi use prompt)
DraconisSumeris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mercuré » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:14 am

Gotcha, thanks!
Mercuré

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Isabella- » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:23 am

Solstice wrote:Username: solstice
100 words (minimum) about their territory/where their pride will be built/how they achieved this territory: their pride, the pride of eternal sun. they live in a scorching desert, and after time have developed strong pawpads to combat the heat of the burning sand they walk on. their pride is homed within a strange structure that appears it could have been an ancient temple of some sort. they are a heavily religious pride, and worship their sun god- pyre. they do not worship their moon god, lunar, as much, but still appreciate lunar. the leader, a great, muscular lion founded this pride after noticing many lone lions suffer the heat of the desert and die. the original pride of eternal sun was chased off, but a new lion (my founder), chased off the trespassers and is trying to reassemble the pride.
Maned or not maned: maned
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: go wild- ill love anything <3<3 (tho id prefer if the design was light-colored)

I'll take this one:)
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gamingerve31 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:51 pm

Mark!
Gamingerve31

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby alphias » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:06 am

I've been staring at this for a while and finally decided to hop onto it.

Username: Alpha Snowdust
100 words (minimum) about their territory/where their pride will be built/how they achieved this territory:
Nothing was left but dust and jagged edges.
That's what they saw when they came back to the lands where their ancestors were born. Their mother had told them about this place and they had searched long to find it.

"What happened?" They asked a nearby snake, shaking their head in confusion.

"There wasss an earthquake a few yearsss ago." The snake replied, shrugging, before slithering off.

"An... earthquake?" The lioness said to no one in particular.

They walked a few more miles, taking rests as they needed, before coming up onto a river. "A river?" They wondered aloud. They walked along it's banks and it became increasingly more clear with each and every step:

"This is where a new generation starts a new pride. A where that pride rises."

Maned or not maned: Not maned.
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: I'm thinking of a white/cream with light-golden-tan... kind of like a marbled/cloud like thing? And with light blue eyes if possible?
• Alphias • they/them •
~ genderfluid/bigender ~ omnisexual ~ artist ~

TH: Tahsmahtus
WermzStars
alphias

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me