Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Valley of Kings - Summer event

Postby Nia The Elf » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:10 am

Username: Nia The Elf
100 words (minimum) about their territory/where their pride will be built/how they achieved this territory: Their territory is a dense forest, which surrounds a large clearing. Walking through; it opens up to a wide, rock filled, sandy clearing. A wide ravine splits the ground in two. This is the inner area of their pride. They are skilled at mountain climbing, so the path down to the ravine is easy to traverse if you know how. The rocky walls of the ravine are sloped a little in places to create a tiered system, which also creates a sloped paths out of the ravine. The ravine has two levels, each level has a number of cave-like entrances that leads into a den. The stone of the ravine is hard and sturdy, but soft enough that new dens can be carved out if needed. The second level is higher up, there's a ledge which is a walkway you can look down from. The ledge curves around and at the very end of the ravine, is the den of the founder - At the head of the ravine to indicate rank, and on the second level so they're able to look down at their pride. Despite residing in a ravine, the sun is able to reach most areas so it's quite light. One of the "dens" is a tunnel which leads far out, sloping up into the forest nearby, the tunnel is connected to a cave in the forest - The pride would use this as a separate entrance/exit if there was a threat to the pride/s ravine.
Maned or not maned: Not Maned ^^
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: I'm a Druid and also a huge fan of Arthurian legend, so anything inspired by those or celtic history would be absolutely fantastic ;3;
Nia The Elf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ZeroToInfinity » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:11 am

dino cat wrote:
Sixbane wrote:
dino cat wrote:how do coppas level? do we post the forums here?

Levels should be posted on the Leveling up thread[/center]

Yes, but COPPAs can't post on forums.

Bumping this cause it got buried.
We're a system. We will most often sign off with who's fronting.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ZeroToInfinity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby whisky » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:36 pm

Are these little cuties still active ? <3
Image Bae Image
I’m weak, and what’s wrong with that ? Boy oh boy I love it when I fall for that.

Please stay safe. Do you need help?
Please look at the info below? <3

7 Cups of Tea
Lifeline Crisis Chat
For Telephone support in the U.S.:
1.800.SUICIDE
(800)442-4673 .... U.S. Suicide Hotline
(877)838-2838 .... Veterans peer support line
(800)784-2432 .... Spanish speaking suicide hotline
(877)968-8454 .... teen to teen peer counseling hotline
(800)472-3457 .... Grad student hotline
(800)773-6667 .... Post partum depression hotline
International Suicide Hotlines.:
here !
Outside the U.S. site: befrienders
-------------------
by me!

whisky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MySpoons » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:38 pm

whisky wrote:Are these little cuties still active ? <3

they are, staff is just finishing up the summer event c:
-------------------------------------
𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗗
struggling mar. 14

𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗦 [Masterlist]
𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘 [Trades]
Heya, I'm MySpoons!
Artist | World Builder

Ace | She/Her/They/Them
Pup Parent to Teddy, SDIT

358 Pets Left
to a complete collection

Trades | Auctions
Collection Progress | Art Shop

ABOUT ME
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby whisky » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:12 pm

MySpoons wrote:
whisky wrote:Are these little cuties still active ? <3

they are, staff is just finishing up the summer event c:

oh, okay! Sorry ; v ; ''
Image Bae Image
I’m weak, and what’s wrong with that ? Boy oh boy I love it when I fall for that.

Please stay safe. Do you need help?
Please look at the info below? <3

7 Cups of Tea
Lifeline Crisis Chat
For Telephone support in the U.S.:
1.800.SUICIDE
(800)442-4673 .... U.S. Suicide Hotline
(877)838-2838 .... Veterans peer support line
(800)784-2432 .... Spanish speaking suicide hotline
(877)968-8454 .... teen to teen peer counseling hotline
(800)472-3457 .... Grad student hotline
(800)773-6667 .... Post partum depression hotline
International Suicide Hotlines.:
here !
Outside the U.S. site: befrienders
-------------------
by me!

whisky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunniedew » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:53 am

Mark
sunnie/snakies he/it
-average rudolph enjoyer
-probably playing apex legends
please do not send me messages
or trades unless prompted <3

(random PMs/trades give me an
anxiety spike if I'm not expecting
them, but if i've posted an
ad/messaged you first ofc it's fine)

✧ Oekaki Art Shop

✧ Range Trotters
Sunniedew

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby snapshot » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:22 am

whisky wrote:Username: whisky
100 words (minimum) about their territory/where their pride will be built/how they achieved this territory: Depending on if you make them male or female will affect their backstory and how they achieved the territory, but it’s nestled around rock ledges nearby a watering hole. I really wanna develop this character throughly so for now I can imagine this character as being a loner who only takes advantage of living near the watering hole only sometimes when luck in the fields are scarce. Downfall to where they live is the assortment of creatures always around bc of the watering hole. I’m thinking this character is more of a traveler just living day by day. His den is convenient because it’s easy to sneak up on a gazelle trying to drink water. definitely a high-grass area. Other lions typically aren’t a problem however he has his scrapes with jackals and hyenas. He patrols his borders enough that other lions typically just avoid his territory but he wanders around and goes where he pleases so sometimes he’s not even wandering in his own territory, he’s just looking for something new.
Maned or not maned: you decide ! I’d love if you could just have some fun w/the design ❤️ Scars are definitely welcome !
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: if it’s a male, maybe a soft boi ? Or if it’s a female a spunky lioness w/attitude ?? 😊

complete

unikels wrote:hiii so i'm kinda doin this founder form on a whim lol trying to participate in more communities

Username: unikels
100 words (minimum) about their territory/where their pride will be built/how they achieved this territory:
140 words.
this pride lives in a marshy, swampy area, overtaken by low-hanging trees and vines. the overabundance of water means this landscape is often referred to 'wetlands'. sounds like a good thing, but it's not all sunshine and roses here - crocodiles have made themselves at home, and hunting in the water proves to be a risk only the brave lions that live here are willing to take.
the founder inherited this territory from a long line of kings before him. traditionally the heirs in this pride are male, though the queen is the actual leader of the pride. the king is the leader of the territory and the animals residing in it, like a president or a governor. as the last king lay on his deathbed, the founder knew what he had to become, for the sake of the future.

Maned or not maned: maned pleasee (:
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt:

Claiming these two to start c:
Last edited by snapshot on Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
snapshot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Valley of Kings - Open

Postby -Isabella- » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:32 am

lil. wrote:
Username: sandpiper.
100 words (minimum) about their territory/where their pride will be built/how they achieved this territory: Donatello was built on the island of Raja Ampat in Indonesia by the very first lions to ever settle. The territory comes with many trees, plants, sand, prey, and the majestic ocean. The lions of Donatello live in an old, abandoned human camp that is filled with huts. Each hut is separated by the ranks of Donatello, although some lions prefer to sleep with their mates or parentals in their assigned hut. The Donatello territory was achieved by the first lions to a war that deemed most of the pride dead. Ever since than, any Donatello pride must fight to keep their territory ever twenty-six moons. 106/100
Maned or not maned: Not Maned
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: I would love for my founder to have the design of a monarch butterfly x but in a caramel color scheme x and orange eyes x

DoggieSundae wrote:Username: DoggieSundae

100 words (minimum) about their territory/where their pride will be built/how they achieved this territory:

There is a secretive and lush watering hole inside the cliffs of the vast green valley. It is a small cave, with a pool of glistening water, and holes in the ceiling betraying the sun. Grass and bushes and even small trees grow inside the cave. The tunnel entrance- just barely big enough for a full-grown lion to fit through- is hidden by vines. The first lion to discover this place is the founder, who marked it as the site of their own future pride.

The valley outside is inhabited by zebras and gazelles and antelope, as well as other lion prides to compete with.

Maned or not maned: Maned

Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: Dull natural pink-ish color with white or black splotches near the back?

ethium wrote:
    Username: ethium

in the beginning there were 3 stones, some say the ancestors plucked them from the heavens and dropped them to earth, so that mortals may have power as they did, others say these things formed naturally. through the bonds of the powerful sky prides. regardless of your belief there is one thing that is commonly agreed upon, these stones are incredibly valuable, and important. but they disappeared long ago.. at least, that was what was thought. ..

the stones had become dispersed across the land, and a great war was fought over who would hold such power. however none of those who fought over the stones ever received the stone they sought, for they destroyed one another in their greed. from this greed prides began to form, and these cursed prides dispersed across the land, devouring anything that dared enter their path. when the mortal realm seemed doomed to fall victim to the sins of mortality, the ancients proved their mercy, and blessed three newborn cubs, not of noble birth, but of average or poor parentage. Unassuming these three cubs, with the blessing of the ancients, were each given one of the three stones.

the golden stone of light and knowledge.
    the emerald stone of earth and judgement.
    the aquamarine stone of water and power.

these cubs, unaware of the prophecy spoke of their birth, went on to live their lives as if nothing had ever effected them.
    the third cub, harnessing the stone of water and power, went on to start their own pride. finding a territory to call his own in a sheltered jungle. the main camp is situated near a shallow river (enough to wade in, not enough to wash a grown lion away) and the accompanying waterfall. the dens are built within the large roots of the great trees, as the jungle provides huge trees that fully grown lions are able to shelter under. The territory is vast, and comfortable. though harder to mark at times, it provides plentiful prey and allows these lions to be particularly agile, as they have to be to maneuver in their humid jungle environment.

Maned or not maned: maned, please.

I'd love if he could somewhat resemble these? feel free to take artistic liberty, but the biggest thing is i would like those striking blue eyes each of these photos have. (it'll be important for my story c:)
    001 - 002
    -- Are scars allowed? If they are, could you add a minor one across the bridge of the muzzle ? and maybe another minor one on his shoulder? (if not thats fine! i have no issues with working around different things i'm just bouncing ideas)

Claiming these three! I'll work on today and over the weekend.
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnightkitkat » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:37 am

Nia The Elf wrote:Username: Nia The Elf
100 words (minimum) about their territory/where their pride will be built/how they achieved this territory: Their territory is a dense forest, which surrounds a large clearing. Walking through; it opens up to a wide, rock filled, sandy clearing. A wide ravine splits the ground in two. This is the inner area of their pride. They are skilled at mountain climbing, so the path down to the ravine is easy to traverse if you know how. The rocky walls of the ravine are sloped a little in places to create a tiered system, which also creates a sloped paths out of the ravine. The ravine has two levels, each level has a number of cave-like entrances that leads into a den. The stone of the ravine is hard and sturdy, but soft enough that new dens can be carved out if needed. The second level is higher up, there's a ledge which is a walkway you can look down from. The ledge curves around and at the very end of the ravine, is the den of the founder - At the head of the ravine to indicate rank, and on the second level so they're able to look down at their pride. Despite residing in a ravine, the sun is able to reach most areas so it's quite light. One of the "dens" is a tunnel which leads far out, sloping up into the forest nearby, the tunnel is connected to a cave in the forest - The pride would use this as a separate entrance/exit if there was a threat to the pride/s ravine.
Maned or not maned: Not Maned ^^
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: I'm a Druid and also a huge fan of Arthurian legend, so anything inspired by those or celtic history would be absolutely fantastic ;3;

TimelordSnowy wrote:Username: TimelordSnowy
A heavily forested canyon between 2 mountains. They reside in the darkened tunnels and caves throughout the place. A river bisects the canyon down the middle, a great waterfall the source of it at one end. The exit and entrance to their home on the other. A great darkness befell the land, casting everything into shadow. They traveled many miles to find a safe haven from the darkness, a place to be safe and call home. The canyon they discovered was the perfect place. Easily defense-able, plenty of water and food. A safe haven for all in the time of darkness. Even as the darkness as slowly lifted, and things have gotten better, they still call this place home and will continue to for many years to come.

Maned or not maned: Maned
Darker Body, preferably a black or dark grey. With some lighter markings. Like medium/light grey. Can't find example of markings since...lions don't really have any irl but go wild, do what you think is best. If the mane could be something like the first picture(gradient lookin colors?) but in similar colors to markings(maybe a tad darker) that would be awesome! I just want markings to be the lightest possible thing on him. Also I dont have a specific eye color but something that stands out from his body would be appreciated :)
Pics for inspiration :)
1. 2. 3.

Taking these 2<3
Midnightkitkat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me