Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

[064.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:26 pm

CATS OF THE RUINS !!
    x( eternaloutcxst archive last post )

The whispers never quite left the place.

Echoes of ghosts still lingered, still haunting the grounds, cradling tainted memories in their embrace. Memories ringed with shadows, unfading, from creature bearing tails of flames, scarlet and amber ribbons streaking across the field… and fangs of ivory parted. Gaping like a beast hailing from darkness.

Foxes.

Their presence forever left a mark. Scores of claw marks raked the ground, patches of long grasses ripped in far too many places, piles of stone ruins overturned by their frenzy. Together, the skulk of foxes had been… overwhelming. A sea of flames, rippling and churning, unrelenting in their pursuit.

But now… it was different.
    He had a band of his own. A clan.

“... brings back memories, huh?”

Copperstrike’s head lifted. A tail settled on his shoulder, light and gentle, a silver shield against the ghosts of the past. Sundust. He offered the other feline a quick nudge, a faint smile tracing his muzzle. “Nothing I can’t handle.”

“Nasty creatures, aren’t they?” Sundust shook his head. “Fortunately, they’re not as smart as they are sly. See all the prey left behind?” (+4FP rabbit, +4FP rabbit, +4FP rabbit)

He grinned. “I think the foxes have you and Sootstar to thank for that. Must have chased them off before they had time to even think.” His jaws eased around a pale rabbit shrouded in grasses, lifting it.

A soft clatter and a tiny skull rolled, bouncing over a few loose rocks, shivering to a stop beside his paw. The skeleton… fresh ━ rife with nicks and grazes. His eyes narrowed, flicking to the grasses, shoulders tensed. “Sundust? I… I think there’s someone━”

Ivory fangs glinted to the swish of verdant grasses parting.
    But… the creature wasn’t one of flames, nor fierce ire.

Gold eyes met his, lustrous as if the light of a thousand dawns had been captured within them, yet gleaming with… the faint traces of unshed tears. But they vanished, disappearing without a trace as the stranger lifted her head, mustering a withered smile.

“Hey! I… hope I didn’t startle you.” Her head lowered a touch. “My name is Furzetuft and… I require some assistance.”

Another shoulder skimmed his, a gentle support.
    Sundust. And with him, the rest of the patrol, arrayed behind him.

He cleared his throat, tucking the rabbit behind him. “Uh… what type of assistance?”

“My friend. He’s… gone missing.” The stranger’s tail swept behind her as she emerged from the grasses, offering a quick nod towards each of the patrol. Her curls quivered. “I thought… well, I saw evidence of an attack here and assumed the worst.” A faint smile. “But luckily, it seems he wasn’t involved in that fox fight.”

She tilted her head. “On the bright side, I think he passed through this way and… I could use some help locating him.”

Furzetuft has appeared! She's looking for a dear friend of hers, who passed through recently!
    Does the patrol help her look for her friend or turn her down?

xx
    totals

xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ sootstar (30% hunger), duskflame (30% hunger),
    xxxxxcopperstrike (10% hunger), sundust (10% hunger)

xxxp stats (opted out for death!)
    xxxx↳ +40XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+12XP for prey

xxprey + herb finds for patrol
    xx+4FP rabbit, +4FP rabbit, +4FP rabbit
    xx+ no herbs </3

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +62XP → level 1 (151/200XP)
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────x

xxImage
    x
    notes: n/a! <3
──────────────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

── ✧✧ explore !! ))

Postby faelyn » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:34 pm

xx
┌─────────┐

└─────────┘
    if some saw entire stars and constellations enthralled in another’s eyes, it would be nothing compared to this. nothing.
    for she saw, not only entire constellations in his eyes, but entire worlds. worlds of jades and emeralds, with the most enchanting of starfire lily lights adorned within them, setting them aglow.

she had never seen anything so enchanting.
    like a magical spell that had been cast upon her, warming her heart with a bliss beyond anything she had ever imagined, it was beyond anything she had ever dreamed of.

but buried beneath the dwindling bliss and the fleeting paradise of serenity, it was still there. the weight that was like a thousand falling stars upon her head… the weight of an entire rebellion, all counting on her, on every move she would ever make.

but echofall… there was something about him. something that blossomed roses and the most vibrant of plumerias in her veins, something that sung countless lullabies that numbed the ache of her own heart.

she could almost feel it.

even now, even while she was broken yet still holding herself together, shattered yet still leading an entire rebellion, and falling apart at every obstacle that had been breathed to life in her midst.
    it was all too much.

but with him by her side, voice softly reassuring and gentle like a lullaby sung by an angel, it made the shadows in her reality part to reveal the stars that twinkled at the other side.

he was truly her saving grace.

--------
    a lifetime seemed to have passed by as the moon sung a thousand lullabies to the stars... lullabies that were fathomed of only silence.
    “where are we going, echofall?” voice adorning the hush that had fallen upon the ivory crescent moon and sparkling planets strung upon the nightsky, a little ways ahead of her, soft green eyes fluttered towards her, listening as carefully as ever.
    “we should head back soon, the clan might need us.”

“hush, silverleaf.. it hasn’t been long yet.” shaking out the fronds of soft greens and turquoise braided within his curls, he gave her a gentle nudge as the ivory of his claws beckoned her forwards… forwards to a little tunnel. a tunnel bejewelled with the darkest of ocean pearls and dancing shadows. “there’s still time for an adventure.”

“i-i don’t know, echofall. the clan needs me and-”
    and he was gone.. enchanted away by a tunnel of secrets and shadows.

“echofall?!” footsteps frantic against the soft tickle of stardust and sand beneath her toes, her heart seemed to rise to her throat as she wandered closer to the tunnels, tunnels that now gleamed with a ghostly yet mystical light.

she could see it now, how laced along the pastels of the cobblestone there lay pearly moonflowers and blissfully blue feathers, little trinkets that were only newly placed. newly placed.

by echofall?

a breath in.
    a breath out.
    the tunnels seemed to reach for her, luring her closer like a siren to sailor, but still as ghostly and as mystical as ever as the first moment she laid eyes on it.

on days apart from these… she would’ve never dared to come too close to the siren fashioned of cobblestone, she would’ve turned around and left the secrets that veiled the cobblestone walls to decay eternally.. or until the brewing war was long over.
    but today… she took the siren’s hand, and let her brittle, cobblestone fingers pull her close and consume her whole.

--------------

“echofall?” nothing.. for only the dancing shadows answered.
    walls fabricated of only the essence of flora, the earth seemed to close all around her, whispering as she wandered down the spiralling path, a pathway graced with moonflowers and orchids.

“are you there?” at the lyrical ring of her voice, the stars dazzled the dancing shadows, chasing them off like the morning to nightmares until their absence unveiled a silhouette of silver and sparkling eyes… echofall.

“echofall?”

“there you are, silverleaf.” a gentle smile graced his curve of her lips, and the frown that had once adorned his features fading as he came close. “i was waiting for you.”

her heart seemed to collapse in her chest.

“we should head back, it’s been quite awhile, the clan will be waiting.”
    curls, the hue of pastel doves, delicately bouncing, as her footsteps cradelled her back towards the moonlit egress of the tunnel, it was only then when echofall’s voice shattered the dainty silence, a hopeful note strung within the lyrical boom of his gentle voice.

“before we go, i have something to show you. it’s just a little ways through these tunnels.” hope flickered upon his features, setting them aglow with a light that not even the stars could ever compare to. “will you come?”

a moment of hesitation flecked the hush that fell between the two, almost suffocating before being replaced with an aura of delicate certainty.
    “i- of course. i’ll come.”

his smile was dazzling as the soft emeralds of his eyes brightened.“come.. follow me.”

trailing behind him as his silver locks beckoned to her, beyond the spiralling shadows and winding paths, the tunnels parted into a throne room of galaxies reflected onto the world below.

a throneroom of galaxies as ribbons of moonlight filtered through a little gap between the skies and the earth below. like a window that allowed the nightskies to dazzle the earth below with an enchanted glow.

it was beautiful.
    from the charm of the moonlight strung upon the gap between the world above and below, and the way the lights tangled itself into their curls, she had never seen anything quite like this.

because in the center of the moonlit spell, a crown fashioned of moonflowers and orchids danced, seeming to come alive in the sparkle of starry lights, along with a quiet songbird- no… a duck.

her favourite.

“echofall… this is beautiful.”
    the only response she received in return was the soft glint of those soft green eyes, eyes that glinted with a kind-of light that seemed to enchant the world into a silent trance. an alluring trance as his paws tangled around the crown of moonflowers and orchids, ever-so gentle, before placing it upon her head… like a halo.

a halo that was sent from flora and the angels themselves.
    while a thief (a raccoon) was sent by the devil himself.

a thief with eyes as dark as midnight pearls, and whose paws were now entangled with tawny feathers… feathers that belonged to a silent songbird. a duck.

she startled. startled out of the trance of angels and of fallen moonflowers.

“echofall… what is-”
    the thief’s bronze fangs were bared as reality seemed to shift, shifting until a soft growl adorned the bandit’s lips, replacing the wonder with a tension beyond any other. roses staining its dark tresses as it devoured the corpse in its grasp, bronze fangs sinking into the feathered creature in its embrace, mocking as the two watched in frozen horror.

the bandit towered over them both, a giant in their midst as its voice chittered in the delicate silence. its chitter still as jeering and scornful as ever.

before it wasn’t.
    silver bloomed into reality as a silhouette streaked through the shadows -no- as echofall streaked through the shadows. ivory claws extended as the thief let out a cry.. shrinking back, tawny feathers falling at its toes.

it was terrified.
    until it wasn’t.
    until it fought back.

fangs of bronze and rot glistened one final time… before sinking into his silver curls. echofall’s.

it was a nightmare.
    roses were scattered… scattered everywhere. laced upon gold-flecked fangs and upon a knight without armour, the bandit stumbled back, beady eyes wide, before skittering through the moonlit tunnels, leaving feathers as it fled.. and a trickle of roses -no- blood.
    (random leg injury [-3hp for echofall] :c)

“echofall!”
    bejewelled in the darkness as roses seeped from the wound blossoming against his leg, a hiss embellished the silence upon his lips as scarlet plummeted to the earth below.
    “are you alright?”

“i’m fine, silverleaf.” offering a little crooked smile, he turned aside, the blossoming roses now hidden from her view. “don’t worry about it… doesn’t even hurt.”

“here, let me see.” gently taking ahold of the blooming wound, the once soft beat of her heart had reached a crescendo… an aching one. “we should get you to thistlelight, he’ll know what to do.”

“thistlelight already has a lot on his plate, silverleaf, and besides… it isn’t even deep.” he shrugged. “besides, on the bright side, at least we have a little duck left.”
    (+1fp [scraps], +1fp [scraps], +2exp)

petals gently cascading from the halo of springtime blossoms adorned upon her head, the moon seemed to brighten at his gentle touch… at the kiss of his paws along the petals of wilting orchids as her gaze fluttered towards his.
    “are you certain? i still think we should go see thistlelight… it’ll only be a short visit.”

his smile didn’t falter… didn’t fade as the stars bowed down to the glory of a rising sun and as he dipped his head, a half-hearted surrender to the lyrical cadence of her voice as she leaned in close.
    “as you wish, silverleaf.” a little pause fluttered into reality, it’s existence only lasting for a moment before dwindling into a soft whisper. “anything for you."
┌────────────────────────────────────────┐

totals;;
// +10% hunger for the entire patrol // +2fp // +0 herbs // level 3 (32/400) -> level 3 (109/400) // xxxxxxxxxxx

words written exp;; + 35 exp
patrol exp;; + 10 exp
food + herb exp;; +2 exp
additional exp;; 20 exp (codeword)
+10 exp for healing sorrelpaw!
death opt;; no
total exp;; + 77 exp

└────────────────────────────────────────┘
Last edited by faelyn on Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby WolfstormSC » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:52 pm

Duskclan
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received

As Infernoheart made her way back to greet the other patrol members, Ivypatch slowly walks towards her, a gentle sway in her step.

"Glad to see you safe." She locks eyes with the young female, giving a brief nod. She gave a thorough inspection of the darker tortoiseshell she-cat's fur, making sure that no injuries happened while she went missing. Not out of concern, but out of respect for her job. Her reputation would plummet if she was not attentive of her clan's injuries and needs. She finishes the inspection with a nod. Everything seemed to be in order.

That's when she noticed.

"Oh, feverfew. We needed some more of that. I'll gladly take that off your paws." A sparkle in her eye, she gently confiscates the herb from her clanmate, more than happy to have it in her possession. She turned back towards the rest of the group, giving a flick of her tail towards infernoheart, a signal that she should follow to meet up with everyone else.

Infernoheart stole a quick glance at Hawkstripe as she followed, hoping that he wouldn't be as mad as he had showed, since she had found something they could use.

The dark male cocks an eye, intrigued, but says nothing. He took a glance at the fuzzy orange pelt in her mouth and nodded.

Good, it seemed he approved of the two items. Looks like she was let off the hook this time.

Next time, she would be more careful about where her paws were taking her.

"Infernoheart!" A quick yelp stirs her from her current thoughts. Mousetail's muffled voice cried out in delight, he was clearly glad to see her safe. The others gave concerned glances at first, but started to relax once they had realised that she was alright.

It seemed as though almost everyone had their mouth's full at this point. Infernoheart was carrying a squirrel from her previous hunt, Ivypatch was carrying the feverfew she had taken, Mousetail was carrying a shrew, hawkstripe was carrying a rabbit, while Weaselmask and timbershine were teaming up to carry a large eagle between them. A sizeable catch between the whole group, that should keep their clan well-fed for a little while.

"Hey, hawkstripe, why don't we go deposit our catch at the camp and then head deeper into the forest? We might find some better prey and herbs there. And... As is, this party doesn't seem like it could carry much else." Timbershine pipes up, making a good point.

Hawkstripe inspects his party for a moment, then nods.

"It appears that you're right. We shall drop these off and then head deeper into the woods."

The party makes quick leg-work towards the camp and deposits everything. They then start fresh and head out once again.

As they get into the deeper parts of the forest, the trees seem to be closer together, not allowing as much light to pass through them. At some parts, it could even be hard to distinguish what time of the day it was.

Mousetail shudders, appearing afraid of the darkness. It was eerily quiet in these parts and most sounds almost felt deafening.

The party scans their surroundings to the best of their abilities, trying to sniff or spot anything of interest for them to investigate.

[ 550 words ]

-- cats on patrol
Hawkstripe | He/Him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Ivypatch | She/Her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Timbershine | She/Her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Mousetail | He/Him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Infernoheart | She/Her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Weaselmask | He/Him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

-- level 1
experience: 52/200
-- items in inventory used
None
-- active quests:
None
-- opted in to death?
Yes
-- inventory
Scraps | 1 FP | x2 (+1 from level up)
Shrew | 2 FP | x1
Squirrel | 3 FP | x1
Rabbit | 4 FP | x1
Hawk | 5 FP | x1

Celandine | usage | x1
feverfew | usage | x1

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I'm WolfstormSC, but you can call me Wolf!
He/him or They/Them
World Builder/Writer - Artist - Gamer
Avatar of Thatcher by Crisadence - #160992 on Lioden
Art of Atticus and Vincent by LonewolfKumniver on TH
Beaumont Collies - Return - Stars - VOK - HW
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Glacierclan // explore post 3 // word count; 996

Postby .sins. » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:46 pm

The patrol continued on their way. Glacierstar now leading the cats through the denser part of
the wooded area of the clan. The tension between all the cats had grown larger now than when
the patrol left. There was little to no chatter among the cats as they followed in a line along the
worn trails of the border. Each cat marked a spot, in turn, letting others know that there was not
just one cat, but a whole clan of them within the area. AS the leader, lead them through the
undergrowth, Eagle Stone stopped. Something wasn't right. He turned his eyes to the forest just
beyond the border. Parting his mouth, he let the air pass through. Nothing seemed out of the
ordinary, but he couldn't rid of the feeling something bad would happen.

"Eagle Stone, everything alright?" Blackberry Song's wet scent passed through his mouth. Her
shape danced in the corner of his gaze. The leaves rustled in the breeze, and the birds were still
singing.

"Yeah," he replied looking away from the forest and to his friend, "something just feels off." He
rolled his eyes as Heather Flight pushed her way between him and Blackberry Song.

"What's going on out there?" the lilac she-cat asked, flicking her tail in her sister's face, before
resting it on the tom's shoulder. A prickle went up the tom's spine as he jumped over the border
and spun around. He took a moment to take in the scene before him. Blackberry Song had
pinned Heather Flight to the ground, a deep snarl from the long-haired she-cat filled the small
area. One paw on the other’s chest and belly, claws barely digging into the shorter furred cat.

“Blackbe-“ Eagle Stone called out, only to be cut off by Glacierstar shoving the darker she-cat
off the other. Eagle Stone’s pelt stood on edge as he watched what was about to unfold. His
vision became tunneled, and his hearing turned off. He saw the stamping of feet from
Glacierstar, Blackberry Song’s pelt was standing as far out as possible, making the she-cat look
much larger than she already was compared to the other cats. Heather Flight, eyes wide in fear,
and shock looked to all the cats. His paws acted before he could begin to think. Suddenly he was
between the father-daughter duo, back to his leader, facing his friend. “Please don’t,” he
mouthed to her. The look she gave him, made him hopeful, and her pelt laid back down.

Within the next blink, Eagle Stone’s heart sank as his friend was a cat length away, now two, and
gone in the forest outside the clan border. He let out the breath he was holding in anger, and
grief. He parted his mouth and took in one last breath of his friend, before turning back where
they had come from to get the fish that Blackberry Song had caught. He was leaving the rest of
the patrol to finish what they had set out to start only moments ago. He had to tell his mother
and brother what had happened.

As his paws hit the sand, he winced and help back the tears that filled his eyes. A memory
flashed in his mind, of the three of them as apprentices playing in the sand just outside the cave
that houses the clan. Letting out a breath, he continued to the tide pools. A small one, just off
the main pools, with only water, due to the clan keeping as much sea-life out of it as possible,
to store fish in before taking it to the clan cave. Finding the pool, he grabbed at the two fish with
his claws, aligning them so their tails were together, before picking them up with his teeth,
carefully navigating down the rocks, and to the camp. How was he going to tell his family?

-----

Heather Flight watched in horror as her sister ran into the forest. Away from the clan, away from
her family. The tension among the cats was gone, but ma heavy sadness filled the air. Glacierstar
watched as his oldest ran away and paid no attention to his youngest. As she stood and shook out
her pelt, she stood frozen as the two toms with her parted ways. One back towards the sandy
beaches, and the other to continue on with the border patrol. Picking her father over her crush,
she trotted to catch up.

“What are we going to do? We, we can’t just leave her out there alone. We should send a group
after her, bring her back, she needs to be here with her family,” Heather Flight spewed to her
father. His ears flat against his head in sadness.

“No, she has family outside of the clan, she can find them and stay there. She is no longer
welcomed in Glacierclan,” he hissed, marking the border as he went. “Not while I’m here anyway.
And there are 8 more lives she has to wait through before I’m gone.” The point tom pushed
further on. Not wanting more questions from his daughter, nor wanting to get back to the camp
anytime soon. But he would have to face it at some point. “We get halfway around we will head
back to the camp, if you don’t want to join me, to the camp and send me Petal Sneeze and Sky
Walker.”

The she-cat followed on, part of her sad for her sister, and the small emptiness she had created,
but the other part, happy there wasn’t any competition for Eagle Stone. She marked spots on the
border, and turned with her father, back to the clan camp. There was going to be nothing good,
that would happen back there, and she wasn’t ready for all the whispers about her to return.
She had just proven herself to everyone, and now with her sister gone as her fault, how was
she going to get rid of them again?
╔══════════════╗

ATS ON PATROL
blackberry song| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
↳ she/her
eagle stone| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
↳ he/him
heather flight| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
↳ she/her
glacierstar| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
↳ he/him
cat| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
↳ pronouns
cat| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
↳ pronouns

╚══════════════╝
╔═══════╤══════╗

experience;
23/200 - - - - - -- -

level;
1 - - - - - - - - - - -

╚═══════╧══════╝
╔══════════════╗

death opt-in;; no
active quests;; n/a

╚══════════════╝
╔══════╤═══════╗

Predators;
red & artic fox
lynx, coyote,
fisher, mink
wolverine
................. ........

╚══════╧═══════╝
╔══════════════╗

NVENTORY
Fish Eggs (+1 FP)
Mouse (+2 FP)
Minnow (+3 FP) x2

╚══════════════╝
╔══════════════╗

TEMS SED
n/a

╚══════════════╝
Last edited by .sins. on Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
.sins.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .sins. » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:55 am

I want to risk death!
Username: .sins.
Clan link: Glacierclan

(for next post)
.sins.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mooshyy » Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:58 pm

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
🇱‌🇦‌🇸‌🇹‌ 🇪‌🇽‌🇵‌🇱‌🇴‌🇷‌🇪‌ 🇵‌🇴‌🇸‌🇹‌ | 🇱‌🇦‌🇸‌🇹‌ 🇷‌🇪‌🇸‌🇵‌🇴‌🇳‌🇸‌🇪‌ 🇷‌🇪‌🇨‌🇮‌🇪‌🇻‌🇪‌🇩‌ | ‌🇵‌🇷‌🇪‌🇾‌/🇵‌🇷‌🇪‌🇩‌🇦‌🇹‌🇴‌🇷‌ | 🇴‌🇵‌🇹‌🇪‌🇩‌ 🇮‌🇳‌! | 🇱‌🇪‌🇻‌🇪‌🇱‌: 1 (46/200🇽‌🇵‌)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
🇨‌🇦‌🇹‌🇸‌ 🇴‌🇳‌ 🇵‌🇦‌🇹‌🇷‌🇴‌🇱‌

BOOOImageBOOOOOOImageBOOO

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Hollowstar
🇸‌🇭‌🇪‌/🇭‌🇪‌🇷‌ | 🇭‌🇵‌ - 100%
🇭‌🇺‌🇵‌ 00% || 🇸‌🇮‌🇨‌🇰‌ - 🇳‌
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Honeyhawk
🇸‌🇭‌🇪‌/🇭‌🇪‌🇷‌ | 🇭‌🇵‌ - 100%
🇭‌🇺‌🇵‌ 00% || 🇸‌🇮‌🇨‌🇰‌ - 🇳‌

Hollowstar was sleeping in her nest within the den of the warm cave. It was dawn, the slowly rising sunlight shined on the rocks within the entrance of the cave.
After stretching her legs and yawning, she left the den. She quickly noticed the disappearance of prey at the pile she had started building for the past few days she had been here for. Only a few scraps of prey laid on the pile. A very obvious scent of another cat filled the air and lead out of the cave. It was stale, but not too stale. They likely just left a few moments ago.
She quickly followed the scent and was led to a field she was unbeknownst to before. Flower patches filled the field, with butterflies flying overhead, and rocks scattering the ground. Most importantly, the cat. The she-cat was dashing after a mouse in a bare patch of the field. She was gaining on the mouse and as the mouse nearly fell into her paws, she tripped over a rock and tumbled over, landing on her face. She was motionless.
Hollowstar slowly padded up to the cat, but as soon as she got close, the cat on the floor sprang up and backed away with her fur spiked facing towards her. Her muzzle was scratched by the tumble.
"What do you want?"
"You stole my prey!"
"Oh, that was you? Sorry about that! I thought you had well enough to feed yourself." She chuckled, easing up a bit.
"You had enough flowers and leaves to feed you for days!" She was very obviously mocking her and trying to hold back a laugh.
"You mean the herbs? Those aren't just leaves! They're for wounds and sickness, not filling your belly!"
"A flower can fix my wounds! That's hilarious!"
"Watch, I'll show you." Hollowstar beckoned the she-cat to follow her.
"Here!" She saw a small Goldenrod in the ground, she picked it and starter to chew until it was a thick paste.
"Now you're eating it, wonderful" The rouge rolled her eyes. Hollowstar spit the herb mush into her paw.
"Come here let me put it on your muzzle."
"Ew! Don't put that saliva mixed flower gunk on my face!"
"I promise! It'll help!"
"I'm not letting you put that garbage on my face! That’s gross!"
"Trust me! if it doesn’t work, I'll hunt your prey for half a moon!"
The she-cat paused, considering the offer.
"Fine!"
Hollowstar spread the Goldenrod paste onto the she-cat's muzzle where it was previously scraped.
"Now if you give it one night, you shouldn’t even feel your scratch, you can stay for the night if you'd like"
"Sure, but you owe me if it doesn’t!"
"But if it does work?"
"I'll hunt for the both of us for half a moon. But! You have to teach me this herb stuff!" Mumbling, "If it works..." after.
"Sounds like a deal"
"A deal it is."
"Well, if we're going to be living together, what should I call you?"
"I'm Honey"
"I'm Hollowstar"

The day after

"Good morning Honey, how's the wound?"
Honey rose from her makeshift nest she insisted she made last night, it looked uncomfortable. She scrunched her nose and her eyes slightly widened.
"It's... I think I might have to repay that favor I promised."
"I told you it works!" Hollowstar jumped slightly in excitement.
"Now you gotta teach me how this stuff works!"

After two nights, Hollowstar joined Honey in her hunting debt. She didn't actually want her to have food handed to her for half of a moon, but the company was nice.

On the night of the half of a moon's passing

"Well, looks like you're deal's over, you can leave" Hollowstar meowed solemnly.
"Do I have to?"
Hollowstar looked at Honey, confused.
"You talking about all that clan stuff, I think joining wouldn’t be so bad, yknow..?" Honey explained.
"You want to join me?" Hollowstar star, her mouth gaping open slightly.
"I like the company, and it's not like I have anywhere to go. Plus! That herb stuff still confuses me... I can just leave it up to you if I get wounded or sick."
"I'd love for you to join! You would be a fantastic warrior! Do you want an official warrior name?"
"Sure, as is tradition." She chuckled.
Hollowstar tried to suppress her excitement as she walked up to the high rock. She tried to remember how her leader before her gave naming ceremonies. Hollowstar slightly puffed her chest to seem more leader-like and impactful.
She started, "Honey, as a member of Hollowclan, do you vow to follow the code of the clan and to put the clan before yourself?" Honey nods. "I do"
"Then your warrior name shall be Honeyhawk, after your bravery and stealth." Hollowstar could barely hold back her excitement.
"Thank you Hollowstar, it is an honor to serve beside you."

[ 817 words ]

🇮‌🇳‌🇻‌🇪‌🇳‌🇹‌🇴‌🇷‌🇾‌
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    🇭‌🇪‌🇷‌🇧‌🇸‌
    🇽‌1 🇨‌🇭‌🇪‌🇷‌🇻‌🇮‌🇱‌ - 🇸‌🇹‌🇴‌🇲‌🇦‌🇨‌🇭‌ 🇦‌🇨‌🇭‌🇪‌🇸‌, 🇮‌🇳‌🇫‌🇪‌🇨‌🇹‌🇪‌🇩‌ 🇼‌🇴‌🇺‌🇳‌🇩‌🇸‌
    🇽‌1 🇨‌🇴‌🇲‌🇫‌🇷‌🇪‌🇾‌ 🇷‌🇴‌🇴‌🇹‌ - 🇧‌🇷‌🇴‌🇰‌🇪‌🇳‌ 🇧‌🇴‌🇳‌🇪‌🇸‌, 🇼‌🇷‌🇪‌🇳‌🇨‌🇭‌🇪‌🇩‌ 🇨‌🇱‌🇦‌🇼‌🇸‌
    🇽‌1 🇫‌🇪‌🇻‌🇪‌🇷‌🇫‌🇪‌🇼‌ - 🇱‌🇴‌🇼‌🇪‌🇷‌🇸‌ 🇫‌🇪‌🇻‌🇪‌🇷‌ 🇹‌🇪‌🇲‌🇵‌🇸‌, 🇭‌🇪‌🇦‌🇩‌🇦‌🇨‌🇭‌🇪‌🇸‌
    🇽‌1 🇲‌🇦‌🇷‌🇮‌🇬‌🇴‌🇱‌🇩‌ - 🇸‌🇹‌🇴‌🇵‌🇸‌ 🇮‌🇳‌🇫‌🇪‌🇨‌🇹‌🇮‌🇴‌🇳‌, 🇧‌🇱‌🇪‌🇪‌🇩‌🇮‌🇳‌🇬‌, 🇮‌🇳‌🇫‌🇱‌🇦‌🇲‌🇲‌🇦‌🇹‌🇮‌🇴‌🇳‌booo
    🇽‌1 🇸‌🇼‌🇪‌🇪‌🇹‌ 🇸‌🇪‌🇩‌🇬‌🇪‌ - 🇪‌🇦‌🇸‌🇪‌🇸‌ 🇮‌🇳‌🇫‌🇪‌🇨‌🇹‌🇮‌🇴‌🇳‌
    🇽‌1 🇹‌🇴‌🇷‌🇲‌🇪‌🇳‌🇹‌🇮‌🇱‌ - 🇹‌🇷‌🇪‌🇦‌🇹‌🇮‌🇳‌🇬‌ 🇼‌🇴‌🇺‌🇳‌🇩‌🇸‌ 🇦‌🇳‌🇩‌ 🇵‌🇴‌🇮‌🇸‌🇴‌🇳‌
    🇵‌🇷‌🇪‌🇾‌ booooo!!
    🇽‌1 🇸‌🇨‌🇷‌🇦‌🇵‌ - 1🇫‌🇵‌ !
    🇽‌1 🇧‌🇪‌🇷‌🇷‌🇮‌🇪‌🇸‌ - 1🇫‌🇵‌

+228 🇸‌🇹‌🇦‌🇷‌🇩‌🇺‌🇸‌🇹‌

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

🇮‌🇹‌🇪‌🇲‌🇸‌ 🇨‌🇴‌🇳‌🇸‌🇺‌🇲‌🇪‌🇩‌ 🇹‌🇭‌🇮‌🇸‌ 🇵‌🇴‌🇸‌🇹‌
      -🇳‌/🇦‌

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬|
moosh • she/her |▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬|
discord : mooshyy. |▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬|
toyhouse |▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬|
artshop |▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬| carrd |▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Mooshyy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[065.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:56 am

DUSKCLAN !!
    x( wolfstormsc archive last post )

Light extinguished darkness.

It was the laws of this realm, true and steadfast, enduring throughout the ages. Darkness bowed, perishing in the presence of radiant light. But if the roles were reversed… darkness scorched. And light dwindled. Cowering.

But only in the darkness’ arena.

In the arena of this part of the forest. A forest where charcoal flames abounded, enveloping him, an inky creature slithering and sliding with incorperal forms. Lithe shadows flickered in and out of existence as if uncertain creatures of this new freedom to roam unchallenged. And above, trees bunched close, harbingers of darkness ━ a shield of obsidian against the rays of light.

Mousetail bit back a shiver. A thud rose in his ears, a deafening crescendo, pounding to the rhythm of his heart. He hunched his shoulders, easing a slow breath out.

A form flickered, falling into step beside him.

“You alright?” Shadows danced along her features, accentuating her jaw. A steady determination radiated from her as she glided through the darkness, turning to him. Amber eyes rested on his. “See anything?”

His ears swiveled. “Not yet. The forest seems… quiet. Quieter than usual.”

She nodded, head tilted. “Can’t sniff out anything at all, huh?”

“I don’t━”

Feathers rustled, ruffling to the low crack of talons scrawling along bark. A shadow bloomed, gliding overhead, secured in the embrace of branches arching above. Far from his reach.

“... that bird is unattainable.” A taller form flanked him, offering a curt nod. Hawkstripe straightened. “We should continue moving. Proceeding deeper in the forest may provide us better luck.”

“Wait. I think…” A breath escaped his jaws. He traced the bird’s path, the ruffling frenzy of feathers steering to the heights above and… reversed it. Reversed the path, pulling on those moons spent in hidden places, those fleeting moments spent observing those creatures of the skies to track its movements for a hunt. His gaze shifted, sliding… to an old hollow.

Mousetail waved a tail towards the tree. “Anything in that hollow, maybe?”

“Here… let me.” Ivypatch eased forward, rising on her hindlegs in a single fluid motion. The bark crackled as her claws scored the sides, lifting her muzzle into the hollow.

Hawkstripe cleared his throat. “Anything?”

“Ah. Not quite prey, but…” Her eyes brightened, twinkling. “Herbs.” (+1 dandelion, +1 lungwort, +1 marigold, +1 willow bark)
    xx
    totals

xx+0% hunger for each patrol cat (no free posts left!)
    xxxx↳ hawkstripe (0% hunger), ivypatch (0% hunger), timbershine (0% hunger)
    xxxxxmousetail (0% hunger), infernoheart (0% hunger), weaselmask (0% hunger)

xxxp stats (opted in for death)
    xxxx↳ +70XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+8XP for herbs

xx+ no prey </3
    xx+1 dandelion, +1 lungwort, +1 marigold, +1 willow bark

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +98XP → level 1 (150/200XP)
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────x

xxImage
    x
    notes: n/a! <33
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swishy & Broken » Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:47 pm

Swishy & Broken wrote:

Image©

the current season is leaf-fall !
Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[066.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:09 am

GLACIERCLAN !!
    x( .sins. archive last post )

The turning shadow of her sister was forever seared in her mind.

It wasn’t the way her breath had been sliced from her lungs as the ground swarmed to meet her, nor the delicate blade of silver claws kissing the small of her stomach, but the frozen, stuttered aftermath. The fleeting glimpses of a soul morphing from a creature of fierce ire to one of calm acceptance. A cold, impassiveness towards a father choosing sides.

One daughter over the other.

A tipping point for tension already pulled too taut and a rivalry reamed from rotting hearts. If it’d been terrible, then, perhaps… it’d be even worse now. Or perhaps that tension would subside. Perhaps.

Only time would provide clarity.

Heather Flight shook her head. For now, the only future awaiting her was the spotlight ━ the object of rumors and false tales, stories warped out of proportion and the knowing eyes of a clan pretending to know all.

But her father had chosen her.
    And that… that made all the difference.

Right?

A snap echoed beneath her paw and she lifted it, brows furrowing.

The remnants of a stick shattered into three rested, along with a frail leaf tainted with pale flecks of yellow. Her frown dwindled as she gathered the pieces. A prodding reminder that there was once three. A trio bound by a friendship amidst sands of gold, unburdened by tension, nor rivalry, but connected by promises of adventures outside a cobbled sea cove. (+1 sorrel, +1 stick)

But now… there was nothing.
    Nothing, but the pieces of a trio fractured and shattered from the shards of life.

Awaiting whatever fate beckoned.
    xx
    totals

xx+0% hunger for each patrol cat (no free posts left!)
    xxxx↳ blackberry song (0% hunger), eagle stone (0% hunger),
    xxxxxheather flight (0% hunger), glacierstar (0% hunger)

xxxp stats (opted out for death!)
    xxxx↳ +55XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+2XP for herbs

xx+ no prey </3
    xx+1 sorrel, +1 stick

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +67XP → level 1 (90/200XP)

xxImage
    x
    notes: n/a, thank you for updating your explore post! <33
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WolfstormSC » Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:12 pm

Duskclan
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received

Ivypatch's eyes sparkled with interest. Indeed, this was more than she had hoped to get while out on this patrol. Between the feverfew from the previous patrol and these new herbs, they should keep the clan's medical needs met for a little while. She nods, happy with this. She decides to carefully gather the herbs, not allowing anyone else to carry them, for fear of them causing damage to the fragile leaves. She turns the the rest of the patrol and flicks her ear in the direction of the deep forest, a signal that she wished to continue. Would they find more mysteries or more prey? That would be up to the dark and rather intimidating depths of the forest.

The party decides to continue onwards, delicately weaving through the intricate paths of the gloomy canopy. Weaselmask decided that he should take the rear, in case anything decided to sneak up on them. He had always been the type to stay calm under pressure and was rather adept in a fight. Along with Hawkstripe leading the way, the group had a decent guard to protect them.

"You doing alright?" a warm purr brushed across mousetail's ear, as Timbershine checked on him. At first, he had been scared of this area. He usually avoided it because it felt intimidating. But now, he felt a bit more reassured by his team. He gives a strong nod and softly exhales.

"Yeah, doing better now. Thanks for checking."

The patrol falls into step with one another, occasionally stopping to sniff out the surrounding area or to stop at any signs of movement, which could either hint towards prey... Or maybe something much worse.

[ 279 words ]

-- cats on patrol
Hawkstripe | He/Him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Ivypatch | She/Her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Timbershine | She/Her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Mousetail | He/Him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Infernoheart | She/Her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Weaselmask | He/Him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

-- level 1
experience: 150/200XP
-- items in inventory used
None
-- active quests:
None
-- opted in to death?
Yes
-- inventory
Scraps | 1 FP | x2
Shrew | 2 FP | x1
Squirrel | 3 FP | x1
Rabbit | 4 FP | x1
Hawk | 5 FP | x1

Celandine | usage | x1
feverfew | usage | x1
Dandelion | usage | x1
Lungwort | usage | x1
Marigold | usage | x1
Willow bark | usage | x1

I'm WolfstormSC, but you can call me Wolf!
He/him or They/Them
World Builder/Writer - Artist - Gamer
Avatar of Thatcher by Crisadence - #160992 on Lioden
Art of Atticus and Vincent by LonewolfKumniver on TH
Beaumont Collies - Return - Stars - VOK - HW
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes