Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Storkatten | A Feline Species

Postby Kagome963 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:32 am

marking
┌────────┘♥└────────┐
Female ♡ Adult
Nightmare ♡ Married
Proud Mother
She/Her Pronouns
└────────┐♥┌────────┘
┌─────┘♥└─────┐
Fursonas
D&D Characters
Lunar Ranch
Sales Barn
Art (C)
└─────┐♥┌─────┘

Kagome963

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BreakTheInternet » Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:02 pm

marking~!
BreakTheInternet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:32 am

Major Storkattens Update

With the release of 1000-1026, a new trait sneakily found it's way into the pool.

Alternate Magic Color

This Limited trait does not affect every single magic, but for those it does affect, it changes both the color of the Storkatten's magic, and in some cases, how that magic expresses.

Common Changes

Air
Air Magic has a different array of blue colors to pull from. They receive no change in magic expression.

Earth
Earth Magic Storkies receive crystal-like eye colors, allowing them to have a brilliant hue of sparkles and blues, pinks, and puprles in their eyes.

Their magic takes on the form of crystals- crystalline structures, manipulating crystals, talking through crystals, etc.

Their pupils must be ice blue or otherwise lighter than the rest of their eye, without being pure white.

Faunal
Faunal Storkies receive eyes the colors of foxes, bears, and other vibrant fall friends. Their magic expression fundamentally does not change, however, they may find themselves more in tune with animals whose pelt colors match those of their eyes. [orange for foxes, brown for bears or squirrels or mice etc. ]

Fire
Fire has received an upgrade to their hues, allowing for a range of yellows to deep reddish oranges. Their expression has not changed.

Plant
Plant has received an upgrade to allow for floral colorations in their eyes. Any combination of one to two colors is allowed, with the pupil being one different color than the iris. This allows for white pupils, such as if a Plant magic storkie was born with Daisy-inspired magic.

Their magic expression changes, allowing attunement only in flowers, with a specialty of flowers that match their eye color.

Water
Water now receives some murky color additions - finding attunement in swamps and other mischievious-sounding locales. Water Storkies with these eye colors may find themselves more suited to bogs, marshes, and swamps, and may enjoy water companions that frequent those locales as well; such as frogs, crocodiles, and newts.

Rare Magics

Arcane
Those afflicted with alternate Arcane Eyes are known as 'The Scholars Who Found Something They Shouldn't Have' for lack of a better term. Those born with Alternate Arcane Eyes will find themselves with an affinity for dark arts, dabbling in the arcane that most mages turn away from, for fear of becoming corrupt themselves.

Dark sclera is a requirement for Alternate Arcane, and comes as a free trait if it's passed to offspring, or created.

Astral
Astral magic gains a more galaxy-like range, allowing for white pupils and sparkles inside the eye, as well as gradients to fully maximize them. You can view Alternate Astral as Galactic-themed magic.

Fungal
Alternate fungal magic may present as the eyes taking on the patterns and hues of any known fungus. The example features spotting, but nothing is off limits. The pupils must be darkened.

Those with Alternate Fungal Magic may only express fungal magic and mushrooms related to fungi that matches the colors of their eyes.

Healing
Alternate Healing magic has taken on the comforting warmth of pink hues. Those with Alternate Healing magic have expressions of magic that may be described as 'a warm hug'. Those born with Alternate Healing magic may also find it easier to keep patients from the brink of death.

Ice
Ice takes on the form of Black Ice. The main iris should be dark, while the pupils may be a lighter blue all the way up to ice blue. How this manifests is up to interpretation.

Lightning
Lightning joins the family of yellow irises as nothing fundamentally changes about the magic; however, it now presents in hues of yellow. Purple may only be included if alongside yellow. Yellow, however, can entirely hold the iris and pupil.

Love
Alternate Love Magic takes on the form of grays with red or pink pupils. Those with Alternate Love Magic are skilled with finding and identifying unhealthy or doomed-to-fail relationships.

Poison
Alternate Poison magic more closely resembles 'toxic' colors; that is to say, brilliant, vibrant green. You may also consider this venom magic. Those with Alternate Poison Magic can take a much more proactive approach in harming with their magic if they so choose.

Limited
Bardic
Inspired by the myths of Midas and his golden touch, alternative Bardic is a brilliant golden hue. Nothing else fundamentally has changed, except expanding the colors that Bardic can display.

Blood
Blood Magic now takes on a color inspired by Blood Lore - their eyes the color of bones, with blood red pupils. Those born with Alternate Blood Magic may find it easier to scry with bones, as well as find an affinity with all things related to bones.

Trickster
Alternative Trickster Magic has no change in it's expression; however, they now have shaped pupils rather than limited to just swirls. Stars, Squiggles, and Hearts are now all allowed in Alternative Magic Color

How Does It Work?

Alternative Magic Color is a limited trait with a few caveats.
It is limited only for the purposes of passing onto offspring. To pass it in breedings, you need Limited Trait autopasses.
If the trait passes onto a child that doesn't have an Alternative Magic variant, then it becomes [Alternative Magic: Carrier] and passes exactly the same, but does not express.

However, species artists are allowed to create Alternative Magic color Storkies at a Common rate; meaning they can make an unlimited amount of them without limited trait allowances [they still need to meet limited magic allowances if they want something higher than common].

If you're wanting a MYO with Alternative Magic Colors, or you want to change up one of your existing Storkies, you may use an Unstable Rune to achieve the effect. Item Usage still must go through the bank, and you must find approval for the new design to ensure it's up to our requirements.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them on-thread, or in our Discord. We're always happy to help you!

Illustration with New Colors
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Storkatten | Update Pg 34

Postby NaCl » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:13 pm

hey all! I'm opening up 3 Paid Customs. Closes in the morning when I wake up! which will be in at least 12 Hours
- these are not FCFS, I'll choose 3 that I want to do :)
- these are done off-oekaki
- they will be custom lined
[Owned by me] [Owned by me] [Owned by me]
- due to being custom lined, some prices are higher. Please refer to below for my prices!

200 C$ - Standard [BASE PRICE OF ALL CUSTOMS]
+80 C$ for Rare magic types,
+180 C$ for Limited Magic
+150 C$ for Limited Edits (NOT PER EDIT. this covers any amount of limited edits)

Form:
Code: Select all
[center][b]Hey Winter! gimme a cat![/b][/center]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Base Coat + Markings:[/b]
[b]Magic Type:[/b] [Up to limited]
[b]Edits:[/b] [Up to limited]
[b]Price + Payment:[/b]

My Storkies
Storkverse Storage
My Wermz My Snoods

my name is Winter
My pronouns are She/They/Snow
I am currently a staff member for Storkies
feel free to contact me here or on discord with any questions
NaCl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rem sleep » Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:52 pm

Hey Winter! gimme a cat!

Username: rem sleep
Base Coat + Markings: dark grey/charcoal or black with classic tabby, striping, and some irregular markings like spirals? would be great to have a mostly natural coat with some accent markings in the colors of the magic (which can be any color because it's trickster, and I'm open to any colors as long as they're bright/high contrast!)
Magic Type: trickster - alternate color
Edits: please add as many traits as you would like! i definitely want alternate magic color, some sort of fur edit and some sharp teeth though!
Price + Payment: 200 c$ base price + 180 c$ for limited magic (trickster) + 150 c$ for limited edits = 530 c$ total cost !
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NaCl » Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:15 am

accepting Rem's custom! I will leave this open until the other two slots are filled!
My Storkies
Storkverse Storage
My Wermz My Snoods

my name is Winter
NaCl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rem sleep » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:14 am

I’m back

Hey Winter! gimme a cat!

Base Coat + Markings: navy snow leopard — feel free to mess with the base color if it doesn’t look right with the eye color! Also feel free to add other markings to supplement base coat in the magic color(s)!
Magic Type: ice (alternate color)
Edits: artist freedom but I would like a fur edit (perhaps for a winter coat/long fur since they’re ice magic?), ear tufts (colored to match magic) and fangs? Also please include pupil color! And maybe nr pupil shape for an icy diamond?
Price + Payment: 200 c$ base + 80 c$ for rare magic + 150 c$ for limited edits = 430 c$

Hey Winter! gimme a cat!

Base Coat + Markings: anything that looks nice with the pink eyes in your opinion! I’d either like a harsh look or a soft look. Maybe for markings you could do a rosette tabby or a leopard inspired one?
Magic Type: love (alternate color)
Edits: limited edits with freedom! Would like some sort of fur edit (maybe curly?) and fangs for sure though! Feel free to add any traits that make sense! Maybe one pair of additional eyes under the main ones that they usually keep shut? Or tufts of fur that look like fake chibi wings on their back? Go ham, do that you think works! Please include pupil shape (nr, as a heart) and pupil color too!
Price + Payment: 200 c$ base + 80 c$ for rare magic + 150 c$ for limited edits = 430 c$

Total cost 860 c$
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NaCl » Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:01 pm

i'll be taking both of these :)
My Storkies
Storkverse Storage
My Wermz My Snoods

my name is Winter
NaCl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OriGalaxii » Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:29 pm

Doing some song based customs! 3 paid, 2 free, all done off-oekaki! Please make sure all songs linked are CS appropriate!
These will close when I wake up, roughly 12 hours from now

Prices;
5 USD/100 C$ - Base price
+5 USD/80 C$ for Rare magic types,
+10 USD/180 C$ for Limited Magic
+5 USD/100 C$ for Limited Edits (NOT PER EDIT. this covers any amount of limited edits)

Code: Select all
[center][b]Musical Cat Please![/b][/center]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Song Selection:[/b] (can be anything from one song, to a playlist. More songs won't give you a higher chance to be picked)
[b]Coat prompt:[/b] (Colour + 1 marking)
[b]Magic:[/b] [BASIC ONLY IF FREE]
[b]Traits:[/b](nr/common if free)
[b]Payment;[/b]
OriGalaxii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me