Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: BWSDA v.3 - Soft Opening, Staff Apps

Postby spookypuff » Wed May 01, 2019 4:46 am

m a r k
───────✘✘✘
Spooky | She/They
I like rhythm games!

link - link - song──--
spookypuff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kagome963 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:09 pm

Mark
┌────────┘♥└────────┐
Female ♡ Adult
Nightmare ♡ Married
Proud Mother
She/Her Pronouns
└────────┐♥┌────────┘
┌─────┘♥└─────┐
Fursonas
D&D Characters
Lunar Ranch
Sales Barn
Art (C)
└─────┐♥┌─────┘

Kagome963

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ₊˚ʚ꒷ ₊˚Mallow₊˚ ‧₊ » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:51 pm

mark

StayArmy
Studying to be a marine biologist
I love miraculous Ladybug, K-dramas,
photography
Anime, Manga, Nature, k-pop

Taking a hiatus from cs, only active for kalons/art
TH Kalons Art Shop ©
"Dreams come true to those who truly want them"

₊˚ʚ꒷ ₊˚Mallow₊˚ ‧₊

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Area11Fangirl » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:47 am

~mark~
I'm living life, and needing friends.
Autistic & Proud - go through non-verbal times. If I say anything wrong, please tell me so I know and can grow <3
My animals are my life, I'd do anything for them <3

Area11Fangirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: BWSDA - Getting New Lines, Poll

Postby Venatici » Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:50 pm

hello all -

after a lot of thought, I decided I will be bringing these kids back. however, I will be revamping them, due to the lack of further interest when I first started the species!

first off, I am in the process of working with meveh ( Forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=147204 ) on getting new lines for these kids. because of the revamp, I will be making some minor QOL bloodline changes as well - this is to get a slightly different stature, but also allow more variation in these kids, so you will be seeing some different coat types and other physical genes not related to color!

however, while I am working with meveh on the lines, I want all of your opinions on what would interest you - would you want to be involved in baltics if they were adopts only (meaning the only competitions are for the dogs themselves), or do you want a sort of arpg system? would the arpg system be like most other cs arpg adopts (how much you develop existing kids means how many you can own overall) or more like dA aprg species (where how much you develop your kids correlates to that specific character's benefits, such as breeding or better chances of rolling good items in "finding" booths) do you want to keep the current sort of setup with factions and dog shows, or would you want to make changes to how it looks?

please let me know! I want to make this species and be able to keep it active for everyone, but this requires people being interested and wanting to be active, otherwise the species will go inactive again!

you can respond here in a comment, pm me, or post on the anonymous suggestion box: http://freesuggestionbox.com/pub/hdhbnja

I will be responding to any questions as well! if you all feel a discord being up now rather than the start of the species would be more beneficial, let me know as well, and I will get it set up again!

I look forward to hearing, take care and stay safe yall!
|
|

|

|
|
|

|
|

𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝’𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚜𝚝, 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜𝚗’𝚝 𝚒𝚝?
𝚃𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚜𝚝, 𝚊𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕.

𝙸’𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸’𝚖 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞

───────────────────────────────────── ♥ ──────
morgan . he/him pronouns
my love ♥ lgbt+ . blm

gonny b gayrosebark bark
beankilogramgiant rat

──────── ♥ ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Venatici

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby honeybunchesofoats » Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:04 pm

Hello! I'm really glad these are coming back! I'm newer to cs but I've been eyeing the huskies for a bit! I personally know I wouldn't have a problem either way but I'm not a part of any other arpgs and I think this could be a cool change of pace for me, especially if it involves a realistic dog species. I think doing competitions like dog races and shows would be able to bring something interesting to an already awesome community. I think something more like a DA arpg would work better because then we could develop the kids and get rewarded with things specifically for them! That would be a better incentive for me to work with them on a deeper level.

I think its super cool these are coming back and I'm excited to see what you do with it moving forward!

╔══════════════════════════════╗
When you become untouchable,
you're unable to touch.

╚══════════════════════════════╝

╔═════════════════════════╗
Hello! Oats/Dante, He/They
Psych, Video games, Art, Anime
Links: Baltics, Toyhouse, DA
Sig insp: Midas

╚═════════════════════════╝

honeybunchesofoats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:18 pm

Ive actually been with BWSDA since V1 and I’m really glad that it’s coming back again. I can’t wait to see how their new lines would look. I actually really love how they originally looked a lot.
    I honestly prefer neither options?? Based on what you’ve described. I’ve tried adopts that are cs arpg style where how much you work and develop will correlate to the amount of adopts you can own. I eventually fell out of it because it took a lot to work on and I didn’t have the time for it. I think some might agree that while it’s fun to develop, not everyone has the time for it. I prefer developing at my own pace.
    As for the da arpg style, again, it’s reliant on how much you’re able to develop. I still think letting players develop at their own time and pace is more ideal as it doesn’t give them the pressure and force them to think of something when they’re really not able to think of anything for their adopt.
    I’d prefer if they were just adopts only for now. Other species like khimaira and Tolts have been really popular because of how simple it is to obtain one and there’s no limit as well. Of course events are fun as well but if stats like agility/intelligence etc. are involved, I feel like it should just be rng to give everyone a fair shot.
    But this is just my opinion on things.
DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Venatici » Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:53 pm

DarkestWerewolf wrote:
    Ive actually been with BWSDA since V1 and I’m really glad that it’s coming back again. I can’t wait to see how their new lines would look. I actually really love how they originally looked a lot.
    I honestly prefer neither options?? Based on what you’ve described. I’ve tried adopts that are cs arpg style where how much you work and develop will correlate to the amount of adopts you can own. I eventually fell out of it because it took a lot to work on and I didn’t have the time for it. I think some might agree that while it’s fun to develop, not everyone has the time for it. I prefer developing at my own pace.
    As for the da arpg style, again, it’s reliant on how much you’re able to develop. I still think letting players develop at their own time and pace is more ideal as it doesn’t give them the pressure and force them to think of something when they’re really not able to think of anything for their adopt.
    I’d prefer if they were just adopts only for now. Other species like khimaira and Tolts have been really popular because of how simple it is to obtain one and there’s no limit as well. Of course events are fun as well but if stats like agility/intelligence etc. are involved, I feel like it should just be rng to give everyone a fair shot.
    But this is just my opinion on things.

thank you for your feedback! <3 it is glad to see some familiar faces around, even if I was not too active in v1!

just to clarify, then, as a workaround since neither of the traditional options are something you like:
have adopts be the main portion, with an incredibly optional "programs" option: something potentially to a competition system I ran before with an adopt called second chance shelter ( Forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=3414637 the specific thread for it here)

I would obviously make a lot of QOL changes to that too since that is dated, but just as a sort of basis: except everything would be RNG, then. maybe if people wanted they could do art + writing to give like "bonus" points to the RNG for a higher chance to title. the dog not only gets a chance to title (which looks cool), but then could be given additional perks (obv subject to be decided if this is what is the most popular option). however, no one would be required to do this, but it could give perks (maybe extra breeding slot, extra pup in a litter, or bigger chance for mutation). end goal for the highest title would probably be like a full custom, or some sort of prize that could be very limited to participating, but would still be given out otherwise.

with a system like that, then people's activity would only be mandated by them submitting a form with just their username, dog, and basic information like what they were trying out for. people who would be more active and add "bonus" to their form would get rewards quicker and easier, but people who did not have enough time to dedicate would still get bonuses. it would still be optional, but literally would take all of a minute or two to do, maybe every week or so whenever the programs were run.

which, in this case, the faction system could still be implemented (and just QOL changes), since not much work would have to be done to upkeep that since like... all that is really is just signing up. I would probably give some specific faction-only programs every now and then, but still nothing people would have to be active in unless they really wanted to. in my mind, it just gives people some perks that are more towards what they want to do, and in the case of actual events (ie like a summer event), there could be a competition between factions.

thoughts on that? just spitballing some ideas that might work! (and ofc anyone is welcome to comment on this, suggest something new, counter ideas, etc)!
|
|

|

|
|
|

|
|

𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝’𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚜𝚝, 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜𝚗’𝚝 𝚒𝚝?
𝚃𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚜𝚝, 𝚊𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕.

𝙸’𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸’𝚖 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞

───────────────────────────────────── ♥ ──────
morgan . he/him pronouns
my love ♥ lgbt+ . blm

gonny b gayrosebark bark
beankilogramgiant rat

──────── ♥ ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Venatici

My pets
My items
My wishlist