Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Stars V.2 • Quest Board

Postby Thani » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:53 pm

QUEST #1
Draw or write about how your cats celebrate holidays!
You may write and/or draw your response to this prompt.

The cats living in the mountains do something special every year for the holidays.
Not only is it the coldest time of the year but also the most magical.
The Aurora borealis that lines the sky is the most vibrant on the final day of the last month of the year.
It is called the Auroral night.
During the Auroral night the cats will sit around outside and watch the lights for a sign for the next year to come.
It is said that one cat is chosen as the new guide for the goddess of the mountain for this occasion.
They will be the ones who spread the news for the coming year to the rest of the clan.
The goddess of the mountain is a mysterious being who is very tempermental.
Whether the year will be full of sunny skies or ferocious storms depends on how she is feeling during the Auroral night.
So to raise her spirits before the night comes to an end and the guide is chosen, each cat will bring a tribute in the form of gifts.
Baked goods, crafted items and statues of varying size they line the mountainside with as decorations.

QUEST #3
Write about a phobia one of your cats has!
You may only write your response to this prompt.

Moose is absoultely terrified of trees. The creatures that could be living amongst the leaves?
The way they move in the wind and the shadows they make on the ground. Absolutely terrifying.
Moose was a big guy, especially when he was in his wildshape, but the idea of ever going out to the border that was lined with trees. He couldn't even bare the thought.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
└───────┘
░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░
░░░░░░
░░░░░░

──── 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑
text text text text text text text text text text text

░░░░░░░░
░░░██░░░
░░░██░░░
░░░██░░░
░░░░░░░░
𝚊 𝚜𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚘𝚏 ──
link link link link link link link
link link link link link link link
credit for pix. / credit for font
credit for code / credit for art

─── statuses ───
xdiscord: pudgator.
xdms: open/closed
xplaying:xxxxGW2
xtoyhouse:xxPudgator
xlink here:xxxword
xcode by:xxxfaelyn

─────────── 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 !

Thani

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baobabel » Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:38 am

Username: Baobabel
Clan: SecludedGlade

Quest Number: 1
Response: Despite the lean times, the cats of SecludedGlade try to scrounge up as much of feast as they can for the holidays. Extra hunting parties get sent out the days. Others hunt for hidden herbs and plants. On the day of, the clan cats always have some sort of competition. In dry years they create obstacle courses, scavenger hunts, or various activities to demonstrate strength, agility, speed, and cunning. If there's snow it's usually camouflage or hide-n-seek that eventually, inevitable, devolves into a giant snowball fight. After everyone is thoroughly exhausted, they return back to camp for the feast. The clan is blessed with a medicine cats who's not only a phenomenally healer but also a cat that can make incredible deliciously dishes with a handful of herbs and spices. They invite any friendly loners around to join for this one day of feasting. After everyone is stuffed to the brim, they collapse and curl up on each other as one giant snuggly pile of warmth.
Word Count: 166
Baobabel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

stars v2 • quest board • january 2024 quests

Postby Vivika » Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:17 pm

[ Start of December 2023 Round ]

Hana wrote:"Thank you all for your replies! I'll have your prizes figured out soon!"
The december quest round has ended!

December 2023 Quests

Quest #1
baobabel → 15xp
hazelfang → 85xp
moonlight heavens → 30xp
thani → 15xp

Quest #2
archaeopteryx. → 55xp

Quest #3
hazelfang → 55xp
moonlight heavens → 40xp
thani → 10xp

Please remember to link to this post in your next explore post to use your exp!

Hana wrote:"And here are some special prizes for those who put extra time & effort into their entries!
You can use this to buy some cool stuff from StarClan's shop!"

hazelfang → 280 stardust
moonlight heavens → 140 stardust

Hana wrote:"Thank you all for participating! I adored listening to all your stories and all about the different traditions of your clans!"

"While I loved all of your entries, these ones were my favorites! Here's something extra for your hard work!"

Quest #1 - baobabel & thani
+1 c myo each

Quest #2 - archaeopteryx.
+1 uc myo

Quest #3 - hazelfang & moonlight heavens
+1 un myo each

Hana wrote:"Wait wait wait, I have more questions, don't leave yet!"

A new round has begun!

QUEST #1
Tell us about your clan’s camp!

QUEST #2
Draw a patrol that has returned to camp with their catch and/or other finds!
You may only draw your response to this prompt.

QUEST #3
Tell us about a time one of your cats broke the warrior code (or your clan’s rules/code equivalent)!
Last edited by Vivika on Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JaxyTheGhost » Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:09 am

Username: JaxyTheGhost
Clan: RavenClan

Quest Number: #1 - Tell us about your Clan’s camp
Response:
Picture of the Camp
The RavenClan Camp is hidden under thick foliage at the very edge of a deep dark forest biome. It’s thickly secured on all sides leaving only a small hidden opening through which you’ll have to crouch under a low hanging bush. Once you’ve found the opening and managed to get through without losing yourself in the little labyrinth the Clan has built in order to protect their camp from evaders you’ll be faced with a big, bright opening. All around the camp borders trees, bushes and other plants are standing high and tall. From the outside it looks like this part of the forest is just really overgrown but in reality the Cats of the RavenClan took several generations to carefully intertwine the flora around their camp so it would be nearly undetectable from the outside. The very top of their little sanctuary is open and allows daylight as well as Water from the Rain to freely fall into the camp. All around camp the Cats built little indents to catch the Water and use it to wet their moss or simply to drink out of it.
Right in the middle of the camp you can spot something you’ve never seen before. As you slowly trott closer to inspect it you’re surprised from the radiating heat and the pretty flying sparks. A perfectly secured Campfire. Somehow the Cats from RavenClan managed to use dry leaves, wood and stone to build a campfire which they use to keep themselves warm and as a lightsource at night. Since the foliage around camp is so thick no light of the fire can be spotted from outside.

To your left side you can see a huge pile of Branches and huge leaves covering a round-ish structure. The cat that brought you here - Ravenfeather - explains that this is where the Warriors sleep. It’s the biggest den in the whole camp since it has to house the most cats of all. Slightly behind the Warrior's den you spot two more structures. Ravenfeather continues his explanation. The two structures that you can see are the Scholar’s and Elders’s Dens. They share an entrance to ensure that the Elders are safe at all times and the Scholars can help the Elders whenever they may be in need of something.
Right beside the Elder’s Den you can find the Queens and Kittens. Their Den is the furthest away from the camp's entrance so invaders would need to cross the whole camp before they’d manage to hurt the Clan’s future. Ravenfeather tells you that this den is the most secure one and in times of an actual invasion all Elders and sick cats have to be brought there to be protected by a thick line of Warriors and Scholars.
Right beside you spot a rather small Den. It’s by far the smallest of all and Ravenfeather tells you that this is the place where the First and Secondary Leaders live. The place where all major conversations take place.
Moving on to the last and longest dens of the camp: The Healers Den and the Sick’s Den. The Healers Den is right beside the entrance of the Camp and behind it a narrow tunnel can be spotted, leaving you to a Den that’s perfectly hidden behind the leaders den. Back there is where the sick cats are housed and treated by the healers. To prevent illnesses from spreading this Den has two entrances to keep the air circulating.
You’re amazed. A lot of thought and effort went into the design of this camp. But you are wondering, why does this Clan think so much about potential invasions and wants to keep everything as safe as possible? You ask Ravenfeather this question but he only gives you a smug smirk.
This is a story for another time.

Word Count: 625 words

Quest Number: #3 - Tell us about a time one of your cats broke the warrior code
Response:
#13: The word of the Clan leader is the warrior code.
#7: A cat cannot be made deputy without having mentored at least one apprentice.

To understand why and how Bravestar broke these two specific rules back when he was still a normal Warrior of the RavenClan you have to understand a bit of the history behind the Clan, his ranks and most importantly: the last leader.
Bearstar war a cruel cat. He was aggressive, manipulative, short tempered. He was a huge cat with many lovers in- and outside of the Clan.
One of his lovers birthed his only acknowledged kits. He had many more before that but these, for some reason, were the only ones he felt responsible for.
Bearstar named the kits without caring if the mother already had names picked out. He named them Nightkit, Ravenkit and Whitekit.
Bravestar, formerly known as Whitekit, became his fathers Scholar. Bearstar was a horrible Mentor. Everything he did, he did with a force behind it. With a reason. With a plan.
Moons and moons of torture and manipulation lead to Bravepaw’s - Bearstar choose to change his name after he defended his siblings from a ferocious fox all on his own - change in character. He became cold, manipulative. He basically became a smaller version of his father. His siblings noticed this as well and gave their brother a stern talking to. This is when a plan was created and later on set in motion.
Over weeks the three Scholars and later on Warriors convinced most of their Clanmembers to start a revolution against their tyrant of a leader. And on the night of the big gathering it was time.
They striked just before the Clan was meant to go. Several bit Warriors surrounded Bearstar. The tyrant, not knowing what was happening, demanded an explanation and told the
Warriors to move. They did but only to let three well known cats inside the closed off circle. Around them almost the whole Clan surrounded them, making sure their leader wouldn’t have the chance to escape.
Braveheart, Nightshadow and Ravenfeather were standing in front of their father and with a short nod from his sister Braveheart pounced.
In the same night the RavenClan was late to the gathering. Bravehearts pelt was still dyed but he didn’t care about the weird looks of the other Clans.
They announced that Bearstar was no longer and that he - Braveheart would go and get his nine lives the next day. He would lead the Clan into a better future as their First leader. And behind him, strong and proud, where standing his brother and sister. Always by his side.

Rules broken: The word of the leader is the warrior code:
The Clan didn’t do what Bearstar wanted. They surrounded him, didn’t let him go. They went against him.
A cat cannot be deputy without having mentored one apprentice:
Nightshadow and Ravenfeather technically aren’t deputy’s as their rank is described as secondary leaders, however it’s basically the same rank. They were just made to be Warriors and didn’t have an apprentice (or Scholar in RavenClan) yet.
Word Count: 492

Word count: 1144
JaxyTheGhost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crexmii » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:43 am

Username: crexmii
Clan: both clans

quest two.

oh my god I’m so sorry about the edit I needed to fix the image
Last edited by crexmii on Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crexmii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ember the Wolf » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:48 am

Username: Ember the Wolf
Clan: Willowclan

Quest Number: #3
Response:
Rule #3- Elders, Queens, Sick or Injured cats, and kits must be fed first.
*Pls forgive if i occasionally use the wrong POV*

Hawkpaw's Determination

Lying in the shade at the base of the cliff I panted softly as I watched the few other cats out in the canyon. It had been unbearably hot these past few moons but I hoped that the slight breeze was carrying the slight scent of rain. Lately, they hadn't been doing very much during the day, to stop burning our paw pads, But I was still restless, especially since only being able to hunt late in the afternoon meant less food. My stomach growled softly as I lay my head on my paws and I sighed before looking over where Tigerstar was talking with Yellowtail. The medicine cat looked frail, he had long before the drought but now he looked like he might join Starclan any day now. As I watched Riverpaw, No, Riverpool, appeared and gently nudged the old tom back into the shade of their crevice. Tigerstar then turned and spotted me in the shade and motioned for me to come to him. I stood and dashed across the canyon to him and awaited my mentor's words eagerly.

Tigerstar looked at him for a moment, he had his typical thoughtful expression and I wondered what he was thinking about. Before long Tigerstart spoke "I want you to go grab your brother, I'm taking you two out hunting" he said his voice soft in contrast the him being such a large rough-looking cat. I nodded before running back across the canyon and leaping up onto the ledge outside the apprentices' den. Peeking inside I could see the soft outline of my two siblings and tread inside carefully. Sparrowpaw and Vulturepaw were curled up side by side and I could see Vulturepaw's eyes reflecting the light from behind me as I got closer. He lifted his head and yawned before standing the rest of the way and stretching. I noticed that Sparrowpaw was dozing softly and decided to let her sleep, Tigerstar had only asked for his brother. Touching noses with Vulturepaw I flicked my ears before speaking softly "Tigerstar is taking us hunting" he whispered and Vulturepaw perked up before carefully stepping over Sparrowpaw.
--
As the two of them followed Tigerstar and Lillymist through the dried riverbed I wondered if we would find any prey. Once they came to where the river split Tigerstar paused. He nodded to Lillymist and then turned to the two apprentices. "We are going to split up here. Hawkpaw, You'll come with me, and Vulturepaw you'll go with Lillymist," he said. I nodded and bumped my brother softly before following Tigerstar down the left side of the riverbed. After a bit, we came across a spot that still had a fairly deep pool of water. We stopped for a moment and I eagerly lapped up some of the cool water. I perked as I saw something flash in the water and realized that there were fish trapped in the small pond that had been formed and I carefully adjusted my weight before watching the quick silver flashes. After a moment I was able to successfully scoop out a small fish. I pounced on it eagerly and then turned to show Tigerstar. He gave me a soft purr of approval before moving over to the pond to look. He glanced at me although my eyes were fixated on the small fish beneath my paws. My stomach growled again.

"Quickly, eat that, and then we will see if we can scoop out some more" Tigerstar instructed quietly. I looked up at him in disbelief. "Bu- but Tigerstar, shouldn't we take it back? for the elders?" I stuttered Tigerstar's eyes softened and he came over to me giving me a few quick licks on the head. "I know code dictates they eat first, But if you are to take back food to feed them, you will need to eat yourself." He said, And I suddenly realized that maybe the clan was in a worse situation than I thought, My mind wandered back to my sister, who was all but skin at bones now. I looked up at him, fear settling slightly on my shoulders before deciding to obey my leader and quickly scarfed down the fish. licking my paws and quickly cleaning my face, I scampered back to the pond to help Tigerstar catch a few more fish before he decided we should head back.

Arriving back at the camp I felt relief at the amount of fish we had caught. I was also thrilled to see that my brother carried a rabbit about as large as he was. After delivering fish to Riverpool and Yellowtail and the sick cats with them I bounded over to Vulturepaw and bumped my head against his shoulder purring happily. Vulturepaw looked nervous and then whispered to Hawkpaw as Lillymist walked off to talk to tigerstar. "Hawkpaw!" he all but hissed. "I have to tell you a secret," he said softly looking around to make sure they were alone. I sat next to him our pelts brushing and gave him a few reassuring licks. "Did she let you eat too?" I asked softly and the look he gave me told me everything. Looking back at the two warriors I noticed they were both staring at us and I nudged Vulaturepaw "I think it best we keep this secret to ourselves though" I mumbled softly and Vulturepaw agreed with me.

Word Count: 899

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
DeviantArt
YouTube
Commisions

┣━━━━━━━━━┫
Main characters
My simas

┣━━━━━━━━━┫
Sima adopts
┗━━━━━━━━━┛
Ember the Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby elliott. » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:38 pm

[ Start of Round ]

Hana wrote:"Thank you all for your replies!! I'll have your prizes figured out soon!"

The current round has ended.

January Quests

Quest #1
JaxytheGhost - +40XP

Quest #2
crexmii - +40XP

Quest #3
JaxytheGhost - +30XP
Ember the Wolf - +50XP

Please remember to link to this post in your next explore post to use your exp!

Hana wrote:"And here are some special prizes for those who put extra effort into their entries!
You can use this to buy some cool stuff from StarClan's shop!"

JaxytheGhost -- +140 stardust

Hana wrote:"Thank you all for participating! I loved hearing about each of your Clans!"

"While I loved all of your entries, these ones were my favorites! Here's something extra for your hard work!"

Quest #1 - JaxytheGhost
+1 C MYO

Quest #2 - crexmii
+1 C MYO

Quest #3 - Ember the Wolf
+1 UC MYO each

Hana wrote:"Wait wait wait, I have more questions, don't leave yet!"

A new round has begun!

QUEST #1
Draw or write about one of your cats processing the grief of losing a loved one.

QUEST #2
Draw about a ‘perfect day’ in the eyes of one of your cats.
You may only draw your response to this prompt.

QUEST #3
Write about the legacy your character wishes to leave behind after they pass.
Last edited by elliott. on Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
elliott.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hazelfang » Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:12 am

Username: Hazelfang
Clan: Kin of the Vixen

Quest Number: 1
Response:

It has been two seasons. Two seasons, 6 moons, 180 dawns, and 180 dusks. He would know, he has been keeping count. With each new rise of the sun, Lostwind has scored his claws against the twisted birch tree. Their birch tree. Each day he'd make the journey and sit there, lost in his thoughts. Drowning himself in his sorrow. This had been their spot and it has never felt so... lonely. So cold. So empty. So quiet. So.. so... agonizing. Yes. Ever since that day. That day two seasons, 6 moons, 180 dawns, and 180 dusks ago everything has been agonizing.

His Kin have tried to console him. They've been the kindest they have ever been to him. Cats offer to bring him prey in the morning. If he is ever on a particularly early assignment, they offer to take his place. Some have been even taking care of his nest, giving him the softest pelts the marauders could find. But it didn't help. It was all to no avail. Their attention could never compensate for the hole he now found in his heart. A hole the shape of his true love that he lost on that dreadful night. A night he would never soon forget.

Memories of that horrid hour haunt him every night. Most nights he doesn't get any sleep at all as he finds himself consumed by the dark thoughts lingering in his mind. Thoughts that he should have done more. That he was the reason she died. That he should have died instead. Yes. Sometimes, on some of the worst nights, Lostwind wished he could have taken her place. It didn't help that he had no one to truly call his family within the Kin. Of course, he had his beloved adoptive Dovecloud, but she was so busy with her duties as the Guardian Legatus that she couldn't be there with him all the time. She certainly tried her best to comfort him. She spent days doing nothing but lay by his side. Yet, time waits for no one and she couldn't continue on. "She'd want you to move on, little one" she would whisper to him while gently grooming his fur. "I just know she's watching you right now, urging you to be strong for her" Her words, although filled with good intentions, would fall onto deaf ears as Lostwind would return to sulking on his own right as she left the den. It seemed hopeless.

It was hopeless. At least it was to him. And so, another day passes. Soon it will be 181 dusks and time will go on with her not by his side. He couldn't imagine that he would wake up one day and feel normal again. Although that's what everyone reassured him, he just didn't think it possible. She was gone and that's how his life would be. He would have to live in agony for the rest of his life and he was prepared to do so. After all, it was what he owed to her. He believed with all his heart that he didn't deserve to be happy if not by her side. So, he would do just that and not allow himself any happiness.

"Hey! We found this kit outside! I think he needs medical attention, he is absolutely freezing!" a voice from outside his den called out, yet Lostwind didn't move. What did it matter to him? "Wait, little one where are you going?" he heard the voice speak once more followed by the scurried steps of a small body. Ever so slightly curious, the tom turned his gaze to the entrance of his isolated den. Peering from beyond the bramble walls of his small abode were two bright blue eyes staring deep into his soul, "Hello."

Word Count: 632 words

Quest Number: 3
Response:
As the progenitor of the Kin of the Vixen, Kestrelspirit is already set to leave a legacy that will be told for generations to come. Kits many many seasons far from today will be told by eager elders of how a young cat raised by foxes gathered the rogues of a new land into what the Kin are known as today. However, Kestrelspirit does not wish for the legacy to end there. As she sees her end approaching and knows her time grows limited with each passing sun, she has thought more about the kind of legacy she wishes to leave behind. How will the stories portray her? Will she be seen as the mark of kindness and love or one of strength and eminence? She has never quite been fond of the latter idea, considering her relatively non-confrontational nature. And yet, she also is very aware of the tumultuous genesis of the Kin. Far too much blood was shed for her liking and she feared that it would stain how future generations may think of her. Would they understand that she did what she had to do? Would they think she could have done something differently? That she could have made wiser decisions?

These questions would swim in her head until late in the night when the moon would reach its peak. She knew it was rather silly to ponder what those who have yet to exist will think of her. After all, she will long be dead when these hypothetical cats are sharing her stories. Immune to any of their judgement and unaware of their feelings altogether. Yet she still wondered and worried. These haunting questions impacted every move she would make. Every decision of her control she would have a passing moment where she wondered: is this truly correct? It made her role as a Magister far harder than it ever had been before. Even worse, it made her future seem hazy. What [i]did[/] she want them to think of her as? She knew she didn't want to be considered some sort of deity nor did she want to be feared in any way. And yet, she also liked to think they revered her at least to a healthy degree. Perhaps they would see her as a matriarch. A strong, motherly figure who fostered the Kin into living in harmony and safety. A mama bird, if you will, feeding her chicks and keeping them safe beneath her wings. Or perhaps the motherly role was too much for her, maybe she would rather be seen as the wise and responsible type. Not to an extent of being unapproachable, but more as always having the answers and being a cat anyone can rely on. At least, she hoped she was that cat.

Aside from how she wanted to be remembered in terms of her character, she also worried about how the Kin themselves would be known. She often deliberated over the rules she established for her Kin. Although she was provided a general direction from the Nine Spirits as to the traditions of the Kin and was equally inspired by her foxian heritage, she was the sole creator of many of the laws of the Kin. What if, many seasons from now, future Kin will despise her for making it so difficult to change roles? When the regulation was initially established it seemed like the best idea for ensuring all roles are adequately completed and filled. Would the future generations see that differently? It was overwhelming, the abundance of anxiety she felt concerning how her current actions would continue to influence cats she will never meet. How could she possibly function knowing that the decisions she makes may cause harm or suffering to so many cats?

All she knew now was that she wanted to leave a legacy in which cats remembered her fondly. She didn't want to be known for causing suffering for anyone and she would continue to step forward in hopes that she was making the correct decisions.

Word Count: 672

Quest Number: 2
Response:

(So tiny 😭)
Last edited by Hazelfang on Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:12 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Hazelfang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clouds-move-on » Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:31 am

mark
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

- John 13:34-35

ImageImageImage
2/24/24
temp open to doing stars myos off oekaki for 100+ c$s... dm me

I am no longer active on CS.
- I am keeping all my characters that I haven't readopted out myself, dont ask about em.
- If you want to transfer designs by me out of chicken smoothie closed species from before 8/2/20, YES, you may! Be free. uwu ❤️
- You may also transfer them into other species/groups/arpgs!
- Do not contact me here unless I contacted you first.
- Feel free to send me trades, but you may be waiting awhile.
clouds-move-on

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Archaeopteryx. » Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:12 pm

Username: Archaeopteryx.
Clan: Enurian

Quest Number: 3
Response:
    You foolish kit.

There is no honor here.

I've seen your type before. You're not at all uncommon. A bright-eyed and bushy-tailed youngster with all the stars in your eyes, your hope for a future and dreams you will never reach. And none of your kind last long out here. The luckiest of your lot have always run.

Did someone tell you that you could be something out here? That's always the trouble with legends, they'll make you believe you could be like them. Raised out of the ordinary and into the extraordinary and meanwhile those of legend will sit and rot six feet under just like all the rest of us common folk. You're nothing special. You're nothing extraordinary. There ain't no prophecies about you, kid, no blessings or curses or gods looking out for you. It's just you and every hellish thing this desert will throw your way, and believe me or not, but it will throw everything your way, and eventually something will end up getting you.

My legacy? Kid, get it through your thick skull. We don't get legacies. We don't get legends. We can't all be Deadringer.

...There's a lot of blood on my paws, kit. And most of it wasn't self defense.

That's the nature of this place. Everyone starts out with the best of ideals and then eventually those ideals lead you into trouble you can't back out of.

I'm tired, kit. More tired than you can believe.

I'm not leaving behind anything good. And you likely won't either. I've buried friends, I've buried lovers, just as I've buried enemies. Some of their deaths were at my own paws, and the blood I've spilled ain't something one can just wash off. It follows me wherever I go, and it'll follow you wherever you walk, like one of those horrid hounds of hell lurking just behind you, the scent of death following wherever you go.

I hope you don't leave behind a legacy kid. Oh She of First Breath, I wish I wouldn't have.

Word Count: [340 words]

──────────────────────
it/its
─────────
Obsessive worldbuilder,
enjoyer of speculative fiction
and stories about apocalypses.

─────────
ImageImageImage
──────────────────────
Archaeopteryx.

My pets