Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Kiamara Adopts - Closed forever

Postby Bittertiffany » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:25 pm

Hey, I don't wanna be rude, but maybe someone else could take on the species?
Moving to dA
{{Bittertiffany}}

Also, try to find me on Furvilla!! ;o;
{{bittertiffany}}
Bittertiffany

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sapiosexual » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:43 pm

.Talon wrote:
    Guys, I understand some of you are upset about the sudden closing of kiamaras. However, please do not ask for apple to reconsider opening them. Whatever she decides is her business, and she doesn't want pages of the same, suggested thing when it's already been a rough ride.

You may think it's unfair for it to suddenly have been closed, but for us it's relieving. Think of it this way, from our (the staff's) point of view. Apple has been on the edge for months since the anniversary event. Just about every day there has been drama and pointless but stressful events, and it's gotten worse over as the days dragged on. We watched apple be torn up over this stuff just about every week. She goes offline and tries to ignore - to forget - her own species. It's stressful what some people in the community have done over pixels. That's not right, this is her species and she should enjoy it, not hate it. None of us can take seeing apple so torn up anymore over her species, her pixels. We are tired and we are done of seeing this beautiful person unable to enjoy the species anymore. I cannot tell you how many times she's been happy the last few months. It's been rare.

Asking for them to re-open is like asking apple and the staff to continue getting hit. It's not fair to us or apple you ask of this, when we have been sucking it up despite our own mental health. With the way things have been the last few pages, this is exactly why we closed them. This closing is to give Apple relief and it will stay that way as long as Apple chooses.

-The Staff

i'm very sorry that this was stressful for you, apple. you're a wonderful artist and so is the rest of the staff and i hope things get better for you all soon ^^ please do whatever makes you feel comfortable.
sapiosexual

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby geotalon » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:52 pm

Companioncubes wrote:Hey, I don't wanna be rude, but maybe someone else could take on the species?

apple wrote:
    Also, do not ask me about giving the species to another user, or re-opening them in the future. That is my business, not yours.
geotalon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby freckledfangirl » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:53 pm

butter beer wrote:
I had a huge discombobulation with a curling iron and event stuff and Pine said she would contact Kat and I kept looking at Kat's profile, and she hasn't come online for a while, and I never got a response from Pine. What should i do? And who should I contact?
i am extremely inactive here. find me here. vv

instagram + vine

also im love live trash
freckledfangirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby a sky full of stars » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:08 pm

I asked apple about this and didn't get a reply; I don't blame her don't worry I u was her I probably wouldn't want some annoying person bugging me XD

Can Kiamaras be Daemians? And if so can their dæmons be physical?
Not really hanging around here anymore~ You can find me on deviantart though
a sky full of stars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dead account 01 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:55 am

Good on you apple for making your own choices and standing by them. Good on you.

I think it is best that we accept apple's decision, and leave it at that.
"I care about your life, so much so that I wait here for you to tell me all about your day. I'm sorry that I was just to much for you to care about mine."
Dead account 01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kiamara Adopts

Postby jern. » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:53 am

apple wrote:
    I regret to say, Kiamaras are closing.

There will be no 400 first, they are closing now.
    I'm truly sorry for those who really were hoping for a kiamara, and all those who really were an amazing part of the community. But I can't do this anymore.
    The way many members of this community act, so vile and hurtful is just /wrong/. Kiamaras are /not/ worth the pain that people are causing.

I know I originally was planning on closing them after 500, but I'm not going to wait that long. They need to go now. This species was my baby, my precious thing that I love so much. It's no longer a joy at all to own. I know that stress and hardship is required for any good species, but this is getting to be way too much. It's not fun to own kiamaras, its not fun to be staff, its not even fun for a lot of members of the community. It's not worth it.

What does this mean for all the current kiamaras?

You may keep your kiamaras, no doubt about that. You may still RP, you may still draw them, you may still find them mates, you may still do almost everything.

But there will be no nursery. There will be no more litters, there will be no more staff growths. If you want your kiamara grown, you must do it yourself, or have another user willing to do it grow your kiamara.
    You may /not/ under any circumstance make your own babies, or kiamaras at all for that matter. If you do, all of the kiamaras from /both/ offending users will be taken and put to better homes.

What about curling irons, horn potions, all those things?
    Any people that have had staff already promise to do, they will still be done.
    Any that aren't though, now must fall onto your shoulders. You may edit your own kiamara, or have another user do it for you. All must be cleared by me, apple, before being posted.

What about breeding items?
    Currently, I'm not sure what to do about those. They won't be used though. I will need to decide what to do about them. Perhaps an exchange for another item? I will post an update when this is decided.

/Please remember/
    Anything a staff member has already agreed to do, whether that be a growth, or a breeding, etc, they will be done.
    If they have not, it is no longer their job. You are responsible for these things.

Kiamara rules are still in place. You still can be banned, you still can have your kiamaras taken from you. You are not free to do whatever you want and break rules.

If you have legitimate questions that are not answered already in this post, you may ask them. But do not spam. Do not post about how sad you are, how you might disagree with my decision, or agree, etc.

If you need staff approval on something, ask me. All staff are relieved from any new duties, and after they finish their to-do lists, all they need to do is if an artist needs to add you to your kiamara if you ask.

I really am sorry about all the new artists, as you didn't get to do much yet. If you are a staff member, and you haven't gotten a custom yet, you may make one for yourself.

Also, do not ask me about giving the species to another user, or re-opening them in the future. That is my business, not yours.

Good for you apple, things were really getting out of hand. I dont think its fair to be complaining guys, this is a FREE species and it BELONGS to apple. There is no holy right that says she has to keep making them. Of course we are all very sad to see them go, but it was bound to happen. There are many adopts, and the community will travel as well. Its not the END of kia's there are just no more being made. If you dont have one, Im sorry, but there are hundreds of other adopts, and if you really want to you can even go an make your own character, and rp them with the others. Apple has gone through SO MUCH for these adopts, she has gotten hurt, and actually sometimes attacked. Its not all about fame, its easy to miss just how much the staff goes through just to make everyone happy and fair. On top of that apple is the owner and everything always fell on her, just as this has, this ultimately had to be her choice... and Its obviously been hard for her, so please dont make it any harder for her. Shes a good person and owner. We have all put a lot of time into these adopts, and love beyond words can explain... but that should only give us all the more reason to make this easier on apple. Getting upset over this and asking apple to give them up is really selfish. These are not just a used sweater, apple created these and loved these for a long time. You love the adopts? You love your Kiamara? I can assure you the person who created them loves them even more. You just cant ask her to give them up just like that, thats kind of cruel. Im so sorry that this is long, and not my place to say. I Know I am not a mod anymore, but I have seen time and time again how hard things are. So guys please just take it easy on apple, remember everything she has given you instead of focusing on what she hasnt.

- prince jern 'la derp.
jern.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby P0RTLAND » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:16 am

wonderfully spoken, jern!! i completely agree.
P0RTLAND

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kodabomb » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:41 am

Yes jern, that was perfect. <33 Exactly what I was thinking!
not active here any more, but I'm always available on instagram @koda_bomb xx
tumblrJewel EmpireTolerancedAJE fancub
Kodabomb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Adonis » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:41 am

Yup, even though i regret never getting one, i fully respect your decision. Can kias still be gifted?
Adonis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me