Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Kalon Adopts

Postby MotherMother » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:22 pm

Do accessories need to be approved, including myo's?

------

a
r
t

b
y

K
u
r
a
i.
Image Image
MotherMother

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:25 pm

MotherMother wrote:Do accessories need to be approved, including myo's?

Nope !! So long as they are able to be classified as accessories then you are not required to get them approved, just be sure to keep a separate reference without them (:
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MotherMother » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:43 pm

Wicced!Witch wrote:
MotherMother wrote:Do accessories need to be approved, including myo's?

Nope !! So long as they are able to be classified as accessories then you are not required to get them approved, just be sure to keep a separate reference without them (:

Awesome, thanks!

Edit: I have another question that I'm just curious about and didn't want to double post, so here it is ^^

When using an autopass, can you specify which type of that edit will be applied? For example if two parents have tail edits, and one has a tail shaped like a fish tail. Could you specify you are passing the fish tail trait, or can you only ask for just a tail edit in itself?

------

a
r
t

b
y

K
u
r
a
i.
Image Image
MotherMother

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Delete account; » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:49 am

I just bought a standard MYO (well, sent a payment) and I have two questions. Since I am COPPA's, do I still get it?? xD

And, how do I request someone to make it for me :o
Delete account;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chlorophyll » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:56 am

Tbh I don't quite understand how adopting works. I feel like it's probably a really simple thing that I'm not catching. I'm new to this so if you can, please explain to me!
𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----venn / veee / leafy | agenderflux | they / he
----inactive for the most part sorry!
----sometimes i miss oekaki too much tho
----------------------------------------------------
𝐢 '𝐦 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐝!
--------------------♪ ♫ ♬ (flash warning) --------------------------------------
chlorophyll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Karmel » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:16 pm

MotherMother wrote:Edit: I have another question that I'm just curious about and didn't want to double post, so here it is ^^

When using an autopass, can you specify which type of that edit will be applied? For example if two parents have tail edits, and one has a tail shaped like a fish tail. Could you specify you are passing the fish tail trait, or can you only ask for just a tail edit in itself?

If by fish tail you mean the Gene Splicing trait, as displayed in this batch, that is separate from a regular tail edit and would be specified that the "Mertail" trait is the one being autopassed. If you mean a basic Common Tail edit and both parents have it then such an edit is already being autopassed without the item, and you cannot specify how the artist proceeds to display the edit ^^

WolfireX wrote:Tbh I don't quite understand how adopting works. I feel like it's probably a really simple thing that I'm not catching. I'm new to this so if you can, please explain to me!

To adopt a Kalon simply click on one of the adoptables on the front page and see if the competition is open. In the main post there will be details about the contest and how to win. Each contest is different and each artist will judge based on different things, which will usually be detailed in the contest guidelines. Most contests involve filling out a form and with the form with the best idea, art, or writing is picked as the winner. It all depends on the specific adopt! If you're unsure of what to do with your forms, you can take a look at some finished competitions and see what the winning forms look like to get ideas.

Runner Ups (RUs) are sometimes awarded, as well as Honorable Mentions (HMs) which can be collected and redeemed for custom adopts. In the main post of this thread, under the header image, there is a directory of links to the various Kalon threads such as the Fanclub, Nursery, and Customs thread. I suggest taking a look at the Fanclub to see what everyone is up to! I hope you find something you like and I wish you luck in winning an adopt. You are always free to message myself or another member of staff with any questions you may have. c:
Karmel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MotherMother » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:29 pm

Karmel wrote:
MotherMother wrote:Edit: I have another question that I'm just curious about and didn't want to double post, so here it is ^^

If by fish tail you mean the Gene Splicing trait, as displayed in this batch, that is separate from a regular tail edit and would be specified that the "Mertail" trait is the one being autopassed. If you mean a basic Common Tail edit and both parents have it then such an edit is already being autopassed without the item, and you cannot specify how the artist proceeds to display the edit ^^

Thanks for the response! I was thinking about just a regular common tail edit. Even though the trait would pass without the item, could you use an autopass to pass the fish-looking tail? Or any type of tail; lion, long, short, etc. If the parent had it.

------

a
r
t

b
y

K
u
r
a
i.
Image Image
MotherMother

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spirittai1 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:44 pm

Spirittai1 wrote:
    ahh i see, that makes sense !

also i have another question sorry;
    i've seen a good number of people who draw/write about their kalons as humans/elves/etc. for aus and i was wondering exactly what the limitations regarding drawing/writing about kalons as something other than a kalon for the purpose of an au are? like... are we limited to humans and humanoid mythological creatures, or could i, say, draw one of my kalons as an alien species from a video game? would we be limited to humanoid(/furless?) beings, or can we draw/write about our kals as other feral animals as well?
    -
    spirit | it/its
    lost a lot recently, not feeling well
    please be gentle
spirittai1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThePaintedPitBull » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:47 pm

Mark :)

painted or pitbull
my loves
longnecks and dr.pepper
ThePaintedPitBull

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Delete account; » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:34 am

er, I can't seem to find it, but what are eye edits considered as rarity-wise??
Delete account;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me