Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Kalon Adopts

Postby unsolved riddle » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:02 am

I need to dig a Little deeper into ChickenSmoothie first, but I am surely putting a mark here for now.
X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X
XImage

I want to hide the truth
I want to shelter you
But with the beast inside
There’s nowhere we can hide

No matter what we breed
We still are made of greed
This is my kingdom come
This is my kingdom come

When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
It’s where my demons hide
Don’t get too close
It’s dark inside
unsolved riddle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MotherMother » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:14 am

Sorry if I missed it, but when exactly is the CS shop closing in terms on time Zones? Thanks!

------

a
r
t

b
y

K
u
r
a
i.
Image Image
MotherMother

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Karmel » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:17 am

aporia. wrote:if in a kalon's canon, their family line has untapped magic potential that they can't use without a special item, would that be a legendary trait?

The magic has to be released/unlocked from the item, so if the only way for them to use this magic is via this item and when it's taken away all magic stops then that's fine! c:

MotherMother wrote:Sorry if I missed it, but when exactly is the CS shop closing in terms on time Zones? Thanks!

It will close 11:59 pm EST/9:59 pm PST on January 31st, 2018.
Karmel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MotherMother » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:25 am

Karmel wrote:
MotherMother wrote:Sorry if I missed it, but when exactly is the CS shop closing in terms on time Zones? Thanks!

It will close 11:59 pm EST/9:59 pm PST on January 31st, 2018.

Our CS MYO and Item Shop will be closing soon. Check it out while it's still available!
Legendary MYOs will also stop selling on the DA shop at the end of the year.

Thanks for the reply! Could I just get some quick clarification, that it is in fact January 31 and not 1? Because in the front page it mentions the end of the year ;o;

------

a
r
t

b
y

K
u
r
a
i.
Image Image
MotherMother

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Karmel » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:37 am

MotherMother wrote:Thanks for the reply! Could I just get some quick clarification, that it is in fact January 31 and not 1? Because in the front page it mentions the end of the year ;o;

Yes, it is in fact the 31st. This was a change made to help accommodate those with December 18th pets who are still growing. Thank you for letting me know the front page needs to be updated! <3
Karmel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spirittai1 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:09 pm

Spirittai1 wrote:
Karmel wrote:
      That's actually not quite correct as to how the rolling works. If the parent has the Legendary trait of Multiple Halos, it does not roll as both the Rare and the Legendary chance. This only happens when there's two parents with each trait (i.e.
      Parent A has a Rare Halo, Parent B has a Legendary Multiple Halos) in which case first the rare halos are rolled and then the 1% Legendary chance is. A Legendary trait does not pass off as both itself and a rare counterpart. I hope that answers your question!

ahh, forgive me - i'm a bit confused now - the thing that stirred my questions was this litter. one of the parents had legendary multiple halos and the other had no halo trait at all, but the artist still rolled for rare one halo. the litter was only posted a month ago, so i can't imagine why this would have changed since then?
    -
    spirit | it/its
    lost a lot recently, not feeling well
    please be gentle
spirittai1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Karmel » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:22 pm

Spirittai1 wrote:
    ahh, forgive me - i'm a bit confused now - the thing that stirred my questions was this litter. one of the parents had legendary multiple halos and the other had no halo trait at all, but the artist still rolled for rare one halo. the litter was only posted a month ago, so i can't imagine why this would have changed since then?

That was a simple mistake when rolling for the batch, it is not in fact how batches are meant to be rolled. c:
Karmel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mythicalbeast » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:33 pm

I have a question as well. How do coppa players like myself who have a Kal get there's breed if they only have one.[s]I had gotten this when I wasn't a coppa[/s]
Mythicalbeast

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spirittai1 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:08 pm

ahh i see, that makes sense !

also i have another question sorry;
    i've seen a good number of people who draw/write about their kalons as humans/elves/etc. for aus and i was wondering exactly what the limitations are regarding drawing/writing about kalons as something other than a kalon for the purpose of an au? like... are we limited to humans and human-esque mythological creatures, or could i, say, draw one of my kalons as an alien species from a video game?

also should we link back to the species whenever we post drawings/writings of our kals as other things (even if only humans and the like are allowed)?
    -
    spirit | it/its
    lost a lot recently, not feeling well
    please be gentle
spirittai1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby broken* » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:50 pm

Is there by chance a discord group for the kalons?
--phoebe -- she/her -- pansexual--
broken*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me