Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Kalon Adopts

Postby Obius » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:04 pm

Hi! Been seeing Kalons for awhile now and just started looking into adopting. But I have like a million questions! I just don't get some of the info on the front page. So I will ask here.

1. It says Kalons are not sellable or tradeable for outside species or art, currency and any such things of value. But then below, it talks about buying, selling, and trading them??? But what on earth are you using as currency? Do Kalons have their own currency? Or items to trade? How does this work? How do you earn stuff in this Kalon adoption world?

2. What the heck is MYO? I followed a link that says "Kalon MYO" to DA and it showed money for points. But I don't get exactly what these points are for. Are they exclusive to the artist that makes kalons? Its a little confusing..

3. Can Kalons be cloned if you really like a design and is open to obtaining it?

4. Where do I find out when artists have a competition? Do I just browse Adoptable Oekakis? TBH I have never checked there before...

5. How does an artist "own" a Kalon Species? Actually what exactly IS a Kalon Species if kalons cannot be edited much without changing them dramatically? But the rules says certain features can not be edited? So how does one get their own species if the lineart itself is protected from major edits? *gets dizzy*

6. Do people who adopt from that artist not own what they get? Seems like all actions require a mod and or owner approval (like roleplaying). And how do artists who make their own Kalons benefit from doing all these adoptables? Is it just for fun? To learn? To gain points to trade for things? I read users can hire artists to draw on their Kalons. But hire with what if kalons are not sellable?
Paying 6 c$ per each!
.Image

We come bearing COOKIES!!!
ImageImage
I love Lemurs!
Obius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CSMintCat » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:41 pm

Obius wrote:Hi! Been seeing Kalons for awhile now and just started looking into adopting. But I have like a million questions! I just don't get some of the info on the front page. So I will ask here.
[Snip!]

1. Already-made Kalons that you see on the front page/as MYOs/etc are not sellable or tradable for art, other currencies, etc. However, MYO slots (which are not yet Kalons, in a sense,) are able to be bought for USD/points, or traded for other Kalons/MYO slots. Kalons do not have their own currency as a whole, but there are events that occur sometimes in which you can earn "currency" or tokens to trade in for certain things (usually items.) The items that are available can add traits, change breeding outcomes, etc, and can be bought with USD/points, or earned through events like mentioned before.

2. "MYO" is short for "make-your-own", and is essentially what the name suggests; you can make your own custom Kalon! With a MYO slot, you can either design a Kalon to your specifications (or have any other user design one for you), as long as it stays within the corresponding trait rarities. (This means that standard MYOs can only have standard traits, common MYOs can only have common traits and under, and so on.) DeviantART has its own currency, "points", that have monetary value similar to USD. It's simply an alternate payment method to obtain a Kalon MYO or an item. Points can also be used to order commissions from artists who accept it as payment, and other various things on DA.

3. Kalons/Kalon designs can not be cloned! (That would be design theft and against both our and CS' rules.) If you wanted a previously-existing/already-made Kalon to have a sibling that looks similar, you can use a MYO slot to create a similar-looking design to said Kalon if you have permission from the original designer of the Kalon as well as the permission of the user who owns the Kalon.

4. Like Karmel said above, simply click on one of the adoptables on the front page in the "coloured-in" section and see if the competition is open. Sometimes (mostly in the case of "special" '50 or '00 Kalons,) a notice may be posted on the fanclub or the main page (aka here.)

The other two questions are,,, a little more difficult to answer aa so I'll leave that to Karmel or Wicced...?
Status wrote:Not v active these days.
Not really replying to trades/messages; send at own risk.
Please remind me if you've messaged me + it's important.
Looking for a Feb. 9th swap!
CSMintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby carpe » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:46 pm

pangurbanka wrote:
Karmel wrote:
      That's actually not quite correct as to how the rolling works. If the parent has the Legendary trait of Multiple Halos, it does not roll as both the Rare and the Legendary chance. This only happens when there's two parents with each trait (i.e.
      Parent A has a Rare Halo, Parent B has a Legendary Multiple Halos) in which case first the rare halos are rolled and then the 1% Legendary chance is. A Legendary trait does not pass off as both itself and a rare counterpart. I hope that answers your question!

on the same theme
      do merkalons have default standart tail or do they have default common tail? so if you breed a merkalon with a kalon who has standart tail, and the merkalon legendary trait was not passed to the kit, will the kit have standart tail or it will be rolled for common tail as well?
      sorry if the wording is lame ;///;
carpe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deoxyribonucleic » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:55 am

mark !! dunno why i haven't done this yet
moonwalkin'
noelle | she/her
───── ♤ ─────
you, too, deserve love
deoxyribonucleic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Obius » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:06 am

When I asked about cloning or copying, I wasn't asking to steal... I was asking if Kalons had a process for this. Like a special cloning lab run by Karmel or Wicced that requires something. Weather it be money or special items or something else. Its only stealing if you take without gaining permission first.

Just like how everyone can adopt the same exact pets and items from the monthly adoptions, events, and the store right here on ChickenSmoothie, you can do the same on other adoptable pet sites because the makers of those places have a system in place to allow it. Its just that the users themselves cannot do the copying for obvious reasons.

You could have simply said (in a calmer tone I might add) "Unfortunately Kalons cannot be cloned, copied, or duplicated in any way. The only way to obtain a similar design is to breed similar looking Kalons together to achieve the desired look in the offspring."

But thank you for answering many of my questions! :)
Paying 6 c$ per each!
.Image

We come bearing COOKIES!!!
ImageImage
I love Lemurs!
Obius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby howling dog » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:48 pm

mark
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
my name is howling dog but you can call me howl

i go to literally one of the hardest schools in the country
plz be patient with me

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
howling dog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby doryphoros » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:04 pm

if in a kalon's canon, their family line has untapped magic potential that they can't use without a special item, would that be a legendary trait?
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
rio | pansexual| enfp | libra

i make art, occasionally.

come support these amazing adoptables !!!

memelord | kalons | art shop | babusagi

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
doryphoros

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wheat » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:55 am

mark !
wheat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hot Dad » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:02 am

What can i buy kalon wise for on site pets?
Can i get myo's for a pet equivalent on here?

Thanks!
┌──────────┐

└──────────┘Howdy boys. surprise! Papa Bless, everyone go and love me, yhupppo......
┌──────────┐
└──────────┘
┌──────────┐
└──────────┘
Hot Dad

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nessiie » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:35 am

Hot Dad wrote:
What can i buy kalon wise for on site pets?
Can i get myo's for a pet equivalent on here?

Thanks!

we have our cs shop open right now! However, it's only open for a limited time. You can find prices there
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=3618350
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
🌧

©

When the butterflies turned to dust
  • that covered my whole room

Nessiie| she/her | my characters

• | Art Shop
  • | art examples
  • always looking for art trades! Please pm me to work something out <33
Nessiie