Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Kalon Adopts

Postby néktar » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:01 am

nev. wrote:
    Let’s say I just traded with someone, and on the same day, someone gifts me. The cooldown wouldn’t affect that, correct?

no it would not affect the cool down as gifting/receiving gifts has no cool down.
néktar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .paris. » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:33 pm

i just realized i never marked the main page, so mark !
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxsig art by bloodiath! <3

i'm not a person, i'm a chicken who escaped the slaughterhouse and stole a wig from party city and is just trying to get by

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
flameclan
my kals

.paris.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pees » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:22 am

Rlly old questions that was in my drafts for a while:

Are guest artists allowed to make hm customs, if so is there a limit to them?
I'm sorry I left you alone, I should have known better. I wish I could have said that I loved when I was able to. I'm sorry Simon
pees

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spirittai1 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:30 am

quick questions regarding certain legendary traits !

i know that when a kal who has multiple halos breeds, the nursery artist doing their litter would roll for both the rare halo trait and the legendary multiple halos trait; would this same sytem apply to the legendary multiple limbs (roll for rare 5-6 limbs, then for legendary 7-8 limbs) and legendary extra tails (roll for rare 2 tails, then for legendary 3+ tails) traits?

would a similar system also apply to horns on the body (roll for horns on the head, even if the kal doesn't have them) or wings (kal fails to pass wings, and is then rolled to see if they pass flight/levitation)?

and if a kit doesn't make the roll for the rare trait, would you still roll for the legendary trait, or is the legendary trait simply an addition to the rare trait (i.e. artist rolls for no rare halo, would they still roll for legendary multiple halos or would they stop there)?
    -
    spirit | it/its
    lost a lot recently, not feeling well
    please be gentle
spirittai1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby she. » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:27 pm

how do you adopt a kalon?
xx
xxxxxxxImage
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░

┌──────┐
└──────┘

---------------------
hi, im she.
in love with levi ackerman
from aot, banana fish
91 days, and katya <3
---------------------
┌──────┐
└──────┘

---------------------
---------------------
┌──────┐
└──────┘
⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
WHYxxxxAM
⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

░░░
░░░
░░░
░░░
░░░
░░░
░░░
░░░
x
STILLxx WAITING

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯
FOR xYOU!
she.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Karmel » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:36 pm

Piqeon wrote:
    Rlly old questions that was in my drafts for a while:

Are guest artists allowed to make hm customs, if so is there a limit to them?

No, Guest Artists are only allowed to make 4 Main Adopts during their trial. ^^

Spirittai1 wrote:

i know that when a kal who has multiple halos breeds, the nursery artist doing their litter would roll for both the rare halo trait and the legendary multiple halos trait; would this same sytem apply to the legendary multiple limbs (roll for rare 5-6 limbs, then for legendary 7-8 limbs) and legendary extra tails (roll for rare 2 tails, then for legendary 3+ tails) traits?

would a similar system also apply to horns on the body (roll for horns on the head, even if the kal doesn't have them) or wings (kal fails to pass wings, and is then rolled to see if they pass flight/levitation)?

and if a kit doesn't make the roll for the rare trait, would you still roll for the legendary trait, or is the legendary trait simply an addition to the rare trait (i.e. artist rolls for no rare halo, would they still roll for legendary multiple halos or would they stop there)?

That's actually not quite correct as to how the rolling works. If the parent has the Legendary trait of Multiple Halos, it does not roll as both the Rare and the Legendary chance. This only happens when there's two parents with each trait (i.e.
      Parent A has a Rare Halo, Parent B has a Legendary Multiple Halos) in which case first the rare halos are rolled and then the 1% Legendary chance is. A Legendary trait does not pass off as both itself and a rare counterpart. I hope that answers your question!

she. wrote:
      how do you adopt a kalon?

To adopt a Kalon simply click on one of the adoptables on the front page and see if the competition is open. In the main post there will be details about the contest and how to win. Each contest is different and each artist will judge based on different things, which will usually be detailed in the contest guidelines. Most contests involve filling out a form and with the form with the best idea, art, or writing is picked as the winner. It all depends on the specific adopt! If you're unsure of what to do with your forms, you can take a look at some finished competitions and see what the winning forms look like to get ideas.

Runner Ups (RUs) are sometimes awarded, as well as Honorable Mentions (HMs) which can be collected and redeemed for custom adopts. In the main post of this thread, under the header image, there is a directory of links to the various Kalon threads such as the Fanclub, Nursery, and Customs thread. I suggest taking a look at the Fanclub to see what everyone is up to! I hope you find something you like and I wish you luck in winning an adopt. You are always free to message myself or another member of staff with any questions you may have. c:
Karmel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby carpe » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:57 pm

Karmel wrote:
      That's actually not quite correct as to how the rolling works. If the parent has the Legendary trait of Multiple Halos, it does not roll as both the Rare and the Legendary chance. This only happens when there's two parents with each trait (i.e.
      Parent A has a Rare Halo, Parent B has a Legendary Multiple Halos) in which case first the rare halos are rolled and then the 1% Legendary chance is. A Legendary trait does not pass off as both itself and a rare counterpart. I hope that answers your question!

on the same theme
      do merkalons have default standart tail or do they have default common tail? so if you breed a merkalon with a kalon who has standart tail, and the merkalon legendary trait was not passed to the kit, will the kit have standart tail or it will be rolled for common tail as well?
      sorry if the wording is lame ;///;
carpe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spirittai1 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:11 pm

Karmel wrote:
Spirittai1 wrote:

ahh, forgive me - i'm a bit confused now - the thing that stirred my questions was this litter. one of the parents had legendary multiple halos and the other had no halo trait at all, but the artist still rolled for rare one halo. the litter was only posted a month ago, so i can't imagine why this would have changed since then?
    -
    spirit | it/its
    lost a lot recently, not feeling well
    please be gentle
spirittai1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby christina. » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:23 pm

hello! im on cooldown since i bred one of my kals recently, but does the cooldown rule apply to my other kals?
sometimes it feels like i’ve got a war in my mind,
i wanna get off but i keep ridin’ the ride

bailey ♥ she/her ♥ my kalons
christina.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mal du pays » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:24 pm

christina. wrote:hello! im on cooldown since i bred one of my kals recently, but does the cooldown rule apply to my other kals?

The cooldown applies to the user, no matter the kalon! You can only breed one kal every three weeks.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(The figure opens its mouth...)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Michael (Mal) - He/they/it - adult
play in stars and time
I like Deltarune, drawing, warrior cats, and sonic the hedgehog.
majoring in frinology

DeerKiri
click my magistream guys pease

Kalons - Storkies
My OCs - My Kalons - Storkies Archive - Stars Archive
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(and speaks.)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mal du pays

My pets
My items
My wishlist