Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Valley of Kings - Seeking archivist + Moderators

Postby Mid-life » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:20 pm

username: mid-life
    100 words (minimum) about their territory/where their pride will be built/how they achieved this territory:
    It is, in fact, after his own death he was able to access a safe haven for his pride, suspended in the sky. A rogue lion with no pride or shelter wandered, surviving on his own day-by-day. Having traveled for days on end in search of water and a sustainable food source, he was exhausted and hungry. His head spun as dehydration overtook his body and soon there was only darkness. When he arrived, everything was black and empty. He was suspended in the air and became fearful, expecting an impending doom, which never arrived. Having grown impatient and his fear lifted, he took a step forward into the abyss.

It was then that clouds began to form around him, expanding vastly, creating the illusion of trees and rocks made from fluffy white clouds. He gazed downward and noticed that the darkness had dispersed and now only the haze of the foggy autumn air remained. And among the clouds, he was no longer the only one, he was haunted by the ghosts of sinners, who mourned their own deaths. Gentle weeping could be heard but images of each spirit flickered in and out sporadically. He felt confused by what he was seeing but determined that he was in Purgatory.

He was not the same as the other ghosts, who were absorbed by their own despair. He was given a second chance at life in Purgatory, separated from both reality and the heavenly realms. He was aware of his lonesome life on Earth and felt a sense of purpose on this realm, he felt it was his duty to protect the realm and all those who dwell-- or will dwell in this realm. It was then that his decision was made-- he would continue to live among the spirits and rule this realm until the day more of his "chosen people" would come forth into the abyss and manage this realm alongside him. He called this realm "Nafasi". [ 329 words ]
    maned or not maned: maned!
    inspiration/preferences/design prompt:
    moodboard here- inspired by dragons, fog, the night sky, and dark forests
    little ghost painting
    song 1
    song 2
    song 3
    ^^ these songs are very relaxing, and if you enjoy it i recommend slowed + reverbed remixes of popular songs for studying and drawing and the like
    ( my territory explanation above can also be an inspiration )

i believe it's okay for me to post one of these, i hope?? if not let me know and i'm willing to take this down!
mostly inactive. i've grown out of CS, however, it will always be part of my story and i will always carry fond memories of this site. I have tried many times in recent to become active again, but it has been difficult to find that imaginative and childish spark I once had visiting this site. i wish everyone well and hope that you find fruitfulness on and off of CS <3 thank you for the wonderful 11 years, ciao!
Mid-life

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Valley of Kings - Open

Postby MySpoons » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:00 am

Frisco wrote:Username: Frisco
Link to Pride: The Dreamcatchers
Redeeming Custom Ticket!
Maned or not maned: maned
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: grey/dark grey with black tiger stripes, low white markings, solid black mane and yellow eyes. kinda like a maltese tiger. thank you <3

claiming!
-------------------------------------
𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗗
struggling mar. 14

𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗦 [Masterlist]
𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘 [Trades]
Heya, I'm MySpoons!
Artist | World Builder

Ace | She/Her/They/Them
Pup Parent to Teddy, SDIT

358 Pets Left
to a complete collection

Trades | Auctions
Collection Progress | Art Shop

ABOUT ME
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby khali. » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:24 pm

Username: khali.
100 words (minimum) about their territory/where their pride will be built/how they achieved this territory: The Gnakku Tribe was always living a nomadic life - from one territory to another, when predators would become a bigger problem, like villagers who loved the tribe for their soft fur or warm manes, which they made clothes out of. Finally, the leader has found the best place to keep his tribe safe and alive. And so, their territory has enough prey, hiding spots and herbs to gather, to prepare rituals to contact with the dead. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. This really just depends on what rank the lion is.
Maned or not maned: Maned.
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: A dark grey lion with grey eyes, dark brown mane, darker stripes on his rump and back, and a white blaze running down to his belly.
(I can PM you the Lioden design since I made one, but they're permitted in this thread so I cannot send a picture.)
^ biggest dreamie ^
| ------------------------- |
she/her
virgo (12.09)
equestrian
roleplayer
want to have a chat?
pm me, i don't bite.
...probably.

random things you should check out
trade thread || floof adopts
khali.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MySpoons » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:16 am

mid-life wrote:
    username: mid-life
    100 words (minimum) about their territory/where their pride will be built/how they achieved this territory:
    --snipped--
    maned or not maned: maned!
    inspiration/preferences/design prompt:
    moodboard here- inspired by dragons, fog, the night sky, and dark forests
    little ghost painting
    song 1
    song 2
    song 3
    ^^ these songs are very relaxing, and if you enjoy it i recommend slowed + reverbed remixes of popular songs for studying and drawing and the like
    ( my territory explanation above can also be an inspiration )

i believe it's okay for me to post one of these, i hope?? if not let me know and i'm willing to take this down!

claiming c:
𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗗
struggling mar. 14

𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗦 [Masterlist]
𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘 [Trades]
Heya, I'm MySpoons!
Artist | World Builder

Ace | She/Her/They/Them

358 Pets Left
to a complete collection

Trades | Auctions

ABOUT ME
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Terryito » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:57 am

Username: The Terryito
The story goes like this; a young lioness was cast out of her homeland because she rebelled against their strict beliefs. She was chased out the territory by the strongest of the pride and dared not return. Now, with no kin or allies, her only choice was to wander an unforgiving desert. The lioness was met with fierce predators and crueler scavengers. Overtime, her energy and will weakened. Her calloused paws seemed to turn to stone and her eyes grew heavy. At night, she prayed to the stars she would find a home. The stars seemed to have heard her prayers because the very next day the lioness found a spot of deep green that stood out from the monotonous tan of the desert. With the last of her strength she ran towards it. As she got closer the spot it revealed itself to be an oasis shielded by dense forest. The lioness pushed through the plant life and discovered a large pond with water as clear as the sky above us. It was clear that this was her new home. She renamed herself to Njeri, "travelling one", and welcomed other lions like herself to her paradise, Bandari.

Maned or not maned: Not Maned
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: Gray with a slightly brownish hue and a darker stripe running down her back. Lighter gray on her chest and belly and a gradient on her paws from lighter gray to gray. Would also like a darker spot under her left eye. Thanks so much!! <3
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Terryito

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby /nyx. » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:57 am

Username: bmkmb
100 words (minimum) about their territory/where their pride will be built/how they achieved this territory: Once upon a time, a young lion roamed the land. He was kind soul and friends with four others. Together, they started a pride and it was a successful, a haven for others. The pride was called the Tribe of Lion and was centered in a great savannah, plentiful in prey and water. Lions came far and wide to join them, but just when the pride reached its golden age, war ravaged the land. Hundreds were killed, and the four friends were forced to leave, exiled out of the lion's pride. The original lion, now consumed with a fire and passion, vowed to restore his pride to what it once had been and from here, our story begins.
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: Could he be a natural colored lion with a faded underbelly, a brown mane, and green eyes? (sort of like this guy, but the stomach fades like this? sorry if we can't use other lions for color references, but I couldn't find it in the rules anywhere)
/nyx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nymx » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:03 pm

Username: sky--lines
    Position interested in: archivist or moderator
    Experience?: i have little to no experience as a archivist, but i love to organize and sort things and
    helping update the VOK archive and keeping it neat and up to date sounds very fun and i'd love to help out.
    I do not moderate anything on CS currently, but I am a moderator for 2 discord servers and 1 forum.
    Do you have discord?: Yes, im on the VOK discord
    Anything else to note?: im currently enrolled in online school, so i'm on the computer almost all the
    time, including weekdays and can also be on mobile when needed.
nymx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MySpoons » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:58 am

khali. wrote:Username: khali.
100 words (minimum) about their territory/where their pride will be built/how they achieved this territory: --snipped--
Maned or not maned: Maned.
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: A dark grey lion with grey eyes, dark brown mane, darker stripes on his rump and back, and a white blaze running down to his belly.
(I can PM you the Lioden design since I made one, but they're permitted in this thread so I cannot send a picture.)

claiming!
𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗗
struggling mar. 14

𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗦 [Masterlist]
𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘 [Trades]
Heya, I'm MySpoons!
Artist | World Builder

Ace | She/Her/They/Them

358 Pets Left
to a complete collection

Trades | Auctions

ABOUT ME
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MySpoons » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:30 am

The Terryito wrote:Username: The Terryito
--snipped--
Maned or not maned: Not Maned
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: Gray with a slightly brownish hue and a darker stripe running down her back. Lighter gray on her chest and belly and a gradient on her paws from lighter gray to gray. Would also like a darker spot under her left eye. Thanks so much!! <3

Claiming!

bmkmb wrote:Username: bmkmb
100 words (minimum) about their territory/where their pride will be built/how they achieved this territory: --snipped--
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: Could he be a natural colored lion with a faded underbelly, a brown mane, and green eyes? (sort of like this guy, but the stomach fades like this? sorry if we can't use other lions for color references, but I couldn't find it in the rules anywhere)

and claiming!
𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗗
struggling mar. 14

𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗦 [Masterlist]
𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘 [Trades]
Heya, I'm MySpoons!
Artist | World Builder

Ace | She/Her/They/Them