Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby Flatterina » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:31 am

+20 EXP [Patrol sent]
+1020 EXP [10008 words written]
+10% Hunger each

Buckstar and the cats around him crashed through the undergrowth, following the trail with panting breaths. The leader’s legs were pumping, fuelled by fury. At what exactly, he wasn’t sure. It was just a bit of everything. He was angry at the late hour when he had hoped to be sound asleep in his den by now, his belly full and his body warm in his nest, not racing through the woods. He was angry at the invaders, too, of course. Who were they that they thought they could intrude into his very own territory? He would show them that they had bitten off more than they could chew when he caught up to them. His claws itched with the need to tear their ears off and bury themselves deep in the strangers’ flesh. And lastly, he was angry at his clanmates. Willowdust and Timberfreckle had probably gotten tired and returned back to the camp without telling anyone for fear they would be reprimanded. But oh, being reprimanded would be the least of their worries when they got back in his sight. Some cats had thought he’d been too harsh when he had punished Jaggedmoon for ‘eating out of line’, but they would come to know true harshness. Fluking out of a fight was one of the most cowardly things a cat could do, and Buckstar loathed cowards. Speaking of, where was Swifthare? He’d have expected the tom to return to the group by now, with or without the two other cats.
With a snarl, Buckstar shook his head, clearing it of distracting thoughts. Those lazy foxhearts would be punished later. For now, he had other problems.
Namely, he noticed, the trail getting weaker with every step he took. Flashing his teeth in impatience, he skidded to a stop, narrowly avoiding falling over a branch and tumbling down the mountain. Dying out here because he was acting too hasty was the last thing he needed now.
“Halt!” he yelled, his voice piercing the night. He cared little about scaring the intruders. They would likely have heard their crashing advance anyway, and with how weak the scent was by now he didn’t think they were in hearing range anyway. The other three members of his patrol were, though, and not soon later they arrived where he was, desperately sucking in breaths and fighting to keep standing on unsteady legs.
“We lost them. We need to turn around and find the trail again.”
Anger and annoyance fuelling his steps, he made his way up the mountain again.
“Quickly!” he raged when he noticed that the others weren’t matching his pace, instead lagging behind at an ever-increasing distance. “If they get away because you can’t keep up, none of you are eating tomorrow.”
With that, he spun around and pursued the trail on his own, leaving the others to follow.
But still, the farther he climbed, retracing the paths they had left, the weaker the scent got again. Frustrated, he whirled around, his nose held high, and his mouth opened, but there was no denying that he couldn’t find it again. It was as if the strangers had vanished.
After too long a time the other three caught up to him again, and he welcomed them with a snarl.
Heathertuft blinked at him in confusion when she had caught her breath enough to scent. “The trail is almost gone here, too. Did we get lost?”
Buckstar tensed his body to keep from striking her. “They are gone”, he hissed, burying his claws in the ground instead. His lashing tail still gave his feelings away, but he cared little. “I don’t know how they did it, but they are gone.”
The others exchanged glances. Lynxlily finally squared her shoulders and took a careful step forward. “Maybe we should head back, then, and try again in the morning? I’m still worried about Willowdust and Timberfreckle’s disappearance, too- “
She stopped talking, her eyes flicking to Buckstar’s folded-back ears. The leader felt a growl building in his throat. “Am I surrounded by cowards? We’ll check the borders, too. They have to have left some way or another. I’ll give you a few moments to rest, but then I expect you to give your all.”

They arrived at the closest border a short while later, slowed down by Dovefrost stumbling over a branch and always taking Heathertuft down the mountain with her. At that point, Buckstar had conceded that they all probably needed more than a few moments’ rest, but still he didn’t permit the she-cats to fall asleep. A short nap would wake them more tired than before.
As they got closer to the border, Buckstar noticed a scent growing stronger. A quick discussion revealed that the others had also noticed it and, like him, identified it as multiple cats.
“It’s not the same scent as before, though. Those are other cats, we need to be careful”, Lynxlily cautioned, but Buckstar was past that. He wasn’t sure who she thought she was to give him advice, and he would make abundantly clear what he thought about her behaviour later, but for now it was the most important to him to confront these cheeky intruders. Taking care not to fall over his own paws and tumble downhill, he sought the quickest way to the border below, listening to the three she-cats follow closely behind him.
He stopped on their side of the border, close to the scent markings. He had timed their descent and position well, and could faintly make out the shapes of three cats approaching between the trees, traveling in their direction. Heathertuft, Lynxlily, and Dovefrost lined up behind him.
“Identify yourselves, intruders, before I rip out your throats for invading our territory”, he called out to them. Lynxlily had been right that these cats smelled differently, but it was too big a coincidence, in his eyes, for them to be a completely different group.
The three on the other side came closer and were revealed by the moonlight to be two broad-shouldered toms and a molly that was every bit as large as the other two. Most likely siblings, Buckstar assumed.
The molly stepped forward, sizing him and his group up with a sweep of her eyes. “Intruders? We kept outside of your borders.”
“I asked you a question”, Buckstar replied, his tail lashing impatiently. “Who are you, where do you come from, and what gods to you pray to? You’ll be able to ask them soon enough why they didn’t help you when you needed them the most.”
The strangers exchanged amused glances that made Buckstar’s blood boil in his veins. They didn’t look tense, as if, to them, he and his weren’t a threat at all.
“You’re a cocky one, aren’t you? It’s not important for you where we come from, much less who we are. I wouldn’t expect you to be able to comprehend the answers. And also, as I said”, the molly continued in a lazy and unimpressed drawl, “we didn’t cross your borders. We are passing through, and are not looking for trouble.”
It was her relaxed blink that angered Buckstar the most. With a roar, he crossed over the border himself, charging at the molly. Her eyes widened slightly in surprise, and then all he could see was the dark forest floor filling his vision as he was -weirdly gently- thrown to the ground. When he got back to his feet, the three strangers stood at the same distance to him as before, looking just as relaxed as before his attack. How had they moved so fast? Who had thrown him? And why hadn’t his clan members assisted him? They were standing just where they had, looking at him with shocked eyes.
He bared his teeth at them, then at the intruders. “Cowards, everywhere. Fight me properly, you craven fox-hearts!”
The molly chuckled. “This is not a fight you want to pick, and certainly not one you would remotely be able to win. Your friends over there are wise. You should go home and rest, it’s late. You all look very tired.”
The three strangers turned in unison and continued on their way, as if nothing had happened and as if he wasn’t there. Growling, he readied himself to charge at them again, but was interrupted by a voice back at the border.
“Buckstar”, Lynxlily called out to him. Irritated, he turned around. “What!” he hissed, his eyes narrowed at her. Lynxlily again. She really was going on his nerves today. “They’re getting away while you watch!”
The she-cat blinked at his fury, but stood firm. “We can’t beat the three of them. They’re way too good, and we’re in no shape to fight anymore tonight. You know it, Buckstar. Attacking them won’t end well, and they’re not the invaders we’re looking for.”
Deep inside, Buckstar knew she was right. He was feeling weaker than usual and deathly tired, and a glance at the three other clan cats told him they weren’t faring better. Her words still made him irrationally infuriated, mostly because Dovefrost and Heathertuft were agreeing with her. Turning back now would make it look like he had listened to her counsel, and make him look weak. Yet, he knew that turning back was the right choice. He would have to think of something to undermine the authority and trust she had won today, and re-establish himself in the other two mollies’ eyes.
Not acknowledging her, he straightened up and returned to the border.
“Pursuing these cats would be futile now. We are weary, and will be returning to the camp immediately. Tomorrow, I will assemble a bigger patrol to look for the true intruders.”
Without another word, he turned, his head held high despite his tiredness, and led the way back. No one said anything against his words, and there was no further discussion amongst the cats as they trekked back up the mountain, travelling towards the camp as the sun rose behind their backs.

While they were on their way, the cats caught two half-asleep mice and found feverfew and juniper berries growing sheltered near a tiny spring.
[+2 Mouse, +4 FP, +1 Feverfew, +1 Juniper Berries, +12XP]

Totals
+4 FP | +1 Feverfew | +1 Juniper Berries | +1052 XP | Level 5 [313/600]

Congrats, you levelled up!
As a reward, you receive: +3 FP of your choice, +2 Herbs of your choice, +1 Random-Custom, +150 SD
Last edited by Flatterina on Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Writing Commissions -- Examples
Physical / Personality Descriptions, Histories, Prompts, Short Stories, etc.
Any Genre -- Any Length
Flatterina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[024.] ★ viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:08 am

THE STAR STRIDERS !
    City lights flickered in and out to the rhythm of passing cars, rumbling across streets. All moved by those flocks of two-legged creatures. Unpredictable creatures with a love for their… fancy gadgets.

Kittyu shook his head, eyeing a large, blocky vehicle whizzing by. Fumes of smoke puffed from its rear, enough to make his eyes water. He coughed, ducking his head as he slunk deeper into the shadows.

“You okay?” The grey tom flicked an ear towards him, brows furrowed.

“Yeah.” He shook himself, letting his shoulders lift in a loose shrug. “Better than when Frostclaw was out and about.” A small grin twitched on his muzzle. “Without her━”

“Hey! I think we picked up the scent!” Soft, lyrical words laced with an unmistakable enthusiasm… flowing from a certain tortie. Her bright blue eyes twinkled as she bounded back, touching a nose to his flank. “Right down the alleys━ here this way.”

Sootnose’s tail jabbed at a narrow passageway.

The way… was rimmed with shadows, walls scarred with vibrant colors in illogical patterns, with chemicals that burned his nose. And deep within, a faint scuttle. The tap of claws against stone pavement. The loner’s friend?

His nose wrinkled as he offered a nod. Right, then. Best to get all this… over with.

He took a step forward and descended into the shadows, letting them fall over him and around him, surrounding him as if he were one of them. Beside him, Meowjima’s steady presence was… reassuring. An anchor in the sea of darkness blanketing the alley. He leapt onto a discarded wooden crate, scanning ahead. No sign of━

The crate shifted.

He swayed, digging his claws into the wooden frame for balance. What━ and he was flying, airborne for a split second as the ground gave beneath his paws. The crate flipped.

And a beast lurched out.

He landed on his side with a soft thud, cushioned by… something squishy and mushy. It reeked sickly sweet, a bright yellow peel flecked with dark spots. And... a few leaves were wrapped between it as well. (+1 alder bark, +1 chickweed, +1 parsley)

Crimson tainted the walls and claws screeched across the pavement. The world had been submerged in darkness, murky and inky, shadows flickering in and out. Another foul scent flooded his nose, but overshadowed by a softer voice. Meowjima.

“You good?” Meowjima nudged his shoulder. “Nasty little raccoon hidden underneath that crate, but we took care of it. The loner’s apparently good for something.” (+5FP raccoon)

Ah, right. The beast.
    That was what it was.

He nodded, scrambling to his paws. “Yeah, fine. The critter just took me by surprise━”

“Over here! We found her!” Sootnose waved a tail forward, beckoning him close. Her eyes shone, gleaming a soft aquamarine, as he neared… but it held an edge. An uneasiness lurking within. “She’s alright, but it looks like the raccoon got her bad.” The tortie’s voice lowered to a hush. “She needs help.”

Kittyu stiffened, taking a step closer. There… a curly-furred molly lay curled up into a small ball. Her dull tawny fur was matted, rife with tangles and... her side. It was lined with gashes, fresh, from an encounter with an unfriendly critter. The loner’s nose was buried into her scruff.

“Shhh, it’ll be alright,” the loner whispered. Their nose skimmed her forehead. “It’ll be alright.”

Fennel lifted their head. Soft, gold eyes met his, dancing with a tango of emotions. Relief, desperation and exhaustion… all swirled into one. But now, desperation ruled over all.

Their jaws parted, shoulders slumped like a wilted daisy. “I’m grateful. Truly. To you and your patrol.” They mustered a faint, crooked smile, eyes wandering to the form next to them. “I know I’ve asked so much of you, fellas, but… do you think you could you help her? Please?”

The patrol has located Fennel's dear friend! Unfortunately, she appears to be injured, struck by an unfriendly racoon.
    She needs one herb (any type!) to heal her injuries. Does the patrol aid her or turn her away?

totals;
    xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ sootnose (20% hunger), meowjima (20% hunger), kittyu (20% hunger)

xx+86XP → level 3 (465/400XP) → level 4 (65/500XP)
    xx+5FP racoon
    xx+1 alder bark, +1 chickweed, +1 parsley

congrats! you've reached level four and received an additional +2FP (your choice), +2 herbs (your choice), +1 uncommon edit and +1 stellar remnants!

notes; n/a! <3

──────────────────────────────────────────────────

FROSTCLAN !
    Melodious laughter cascaded around her, swirling in a thousand different directions, flowing like the northern winds. Flurries fluttered from above, dancing to the muted melody of the tundra, touching the tip of her nose. She licked her nose, a soft smile curving on her muzzle.

With the tundra’s somber song and those dark, foreboding thoughts lurking in the depths of her head… the smile was unexpected. But how couldn’t she?

The free, reckless spirit of her little one was enough to chase all those thoughts away.

“Mom, mom! I think I found it!” A gentle nose skimmed her flank, along with a playful swat from a little paw. “I found our prey.”

Her ears perked. “You found our━”

A smooth, round object hit her side, rolling next to her paws. Releasing a soft chuckle, Breezewhisper touched a paw to it, giving the spherical object a quick sniff. Not the prey… or another egg.

She rolled it under her paw, dusting it with snow. A sweet fragrance lingered, tickling her nose. Berries. Fresh berries. (+1FP berries)

“Mhmm, you should have some, Mom.” A wet, sticky nose touched her chest, racing around her legs as if a tiny songbird spun around by a storm. Breaking away, Littlekit lobbed another small berry at her. “It’s good. Real good.”

She laughed. “Maybe later, my dear. I’m thinking we should━”

Aaacho!

Soft pawsteps tapped a quick pitter-patter in the snow, rounding her side. Her little one pressed tight up against her side, running a nose along the soft furrows of her fur.

Hiding a chuckle, she buried her nose into Littlekit’s scruff, ruffling the soft curls at the top of her head. “Just a little sneeze,” she murmured. “Nothing to be━”

“It wasn’t me.” Littlekit gently batted her nose, ducking aside.

Her heart skittered, skipping a beat. Then, two. Blinking, she leaned closer, sweeping her little one close with a tail. Her voice dropped to a hush. "What do you mean?"

The warm bundle against her sidled closer, nudging her head to the left. "It's there. It's hungry… and eating some spots." Tiny ears flicked, hitting her chin. "I found some, too. The spots!" (+1 poppy seeds)

It clicked.

And hit her like an avalanche. Quick and fast. The musky scent, so utterly faint, almost undetectable in the stilling winds… laced with the metallic odor of death, all belonging to a single, vile creature. An arctic fox.

Littlekit set a paw on hers, a sliver of tension creeping into her voice. "Will it- will it eat us? It's friendly… right?"

That last note was too high.
    A prelude, perhaps, for the harsh, grating tones of trouble to come.

Littlekit has spotted an arctic fox!
    Does the patrol choose to pursue the predator or leave it alone?

totals;
    xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ breezewhisper (10% hunger)

xx+67XP → level 1 (91/200XP)
    xx+1FP berries
    xx+1 poppy seeds

notes; n/a! <3

Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby echo into void » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:18 pm

I want to risk death!
Username: echo into void
Clan link: snowclan
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
echo (they/them)
snowclan wermz
the sanctuary
currently: happy holidays!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x
echo into void

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❄ ── 007.

Postby echo into void » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:58 pm

── SNOWCLAN
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
last explore post; xxxxxxxxxxxxxlast response; xxxxxxxxxxxxxopted in to death; xxx
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

↳ level;
    ‣ 149/200
    ↳ cats on patrol;
    darkfire ◦ she/her ◦ hunger: 20% ◦ health: 100% ◦ sick: no
    ↳ items used;
    ‣ scraps ◦ 1FP ⤅ x2
    ↳ active quests;
    ‣ none

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

prey;
    ‣ scraps ◦ 1FP ⤅ x5
    ‣ mouse ◦ 2FP ⤅ x1
    herbs;
    ‣ stinging nettle ◦ helps with wounds ⤅ x1
    ‣ juniper berries ◦ soothes bellyaches ⤅ x1
    ‣ lavender ◦ cures fever and chills ⤅ x1
    ‣ lambs ear ◦ gives strength ⤅ x1
    ‣ lovage ◦ help cure coughs ⤅ x1
    ‣ mallow leaves ◦ cures bellyache ⤅ x1
    ‣ mint ◦ hides scent of death ⤅ x1
    ‣ borage leaves ◦ brings down fevers ⤅ x1
    ‣ dried oak leaf ◦ stops infection from setting in ⤅ x1

darkfire was back out in the forest, ready to hunt and bring food back to her clan. she was worried for leaf-bare. to be honest, that's all she could think about. she knew leaf-bare would be a time of darkness and bitter cold. that being said, she wanted to enjoy the time in the forest now, before it was all covered in snow.

she started to run. feeling the earth underneath her paws. after a minute of freedom, she remembered she needed to be hunting and looking for prey. she slowed down and started paying more attention to her surroundings.

[ 100 words ]

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
echo (they/them)
snowclan wermz
the sanctuary
currently: happy holidays!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x
echo into void

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[025.] ★ viv's explore replies ─ leaf-fall has arrived!

Postby Vivika » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:04 am

KINGDOM OF KHAFRA !
    user + clan link: wildsight + clan archive
    responding to: wildsight's last post
    xp stats: [opted-out for death rolls!]
    xx+30XP for writing, + 10XP for patrol sent
    xx+4XP for prey collected, +1XP for herbs found
    Shadows loomed above, a towering arch, stretching far and wide, falling all around him. He was cocooned in shadows, wrapped around their silky embrace, spun around them as if a thread around a spool. With the hushed rustle of sand sweeping across the dunes, it was… comforting.

A soothing balm to those anxious thoughts writhing within, wrenching his insides as if a nest of vipers had taken root there. And he had a… watchful companion as well. The best kind. Non-judgmental, steady and silent.

A cactus.

The cactus stood tall, a steady, unwavering presence. It said nothing and did nothing… just watched with its long limbs frozen in a permanent wave. And just below it… a soft, green plant, taking refuge in its shade.

He took a deep breath in and stepped close.

A bitter fragrance clung to his nose, lingering on the tip of his tongue. And the leaves… deceptively soft. It came back, the flow and rhythm of information ━ information passed down from generations of healers, who poured their heart and soul into the art. The art of healing.

It rose, swimming far above those turbulent thoughts, leaving only a warm, sure-fire certainty. Stinging nettle. Bitter, but with the fresh earthy scent of herbs… and clothed with near invisible prickles. He unsheathed his claws, cutting a long leaflet from the plant. (+1 stinging nettle)

A small grin curved on his muzzle. He’d done it, he’d done something. And that… that was good. It was a start. With one eye, he scanned the undulating golden seas around. Now, maybe he could━

Screams pierced the silence, a terrible shriek, ringing over and over in his ears. A screech like a war cry, resounding through his bones. And then… a storm. A sea of black, winged creatures, flocking in crazed frenzy. Towards him.

His heart skittered to a stop. They were close… coming close. The screams, the screech, the shriek. His gaze darted around wildly and he dove into the sand, paws clamping over his head, drowning out the crazed orchestra.

The storm of winged creatures passed overhead, their thin wing-tips skimming the small of his back. Then… nothing. He parted a paw from his head, daring a peek out.

Another had arrived, the lightning forking through the sea of screeching creatures. They fled from her, from the ivory creature flecked with the shades of desert sands, and sapphire eyes alight with… excitement.

Maplewish?

He scrambled to his paws, warmth blooming through his cheeks.

The molly darted over, head tilted. “Hey, you okay?” She placed a gentle tail on his flank. “I hope I didn’t scare you, but… I couldn’t resist. There was… a whole flock of them. Maybe they were out for a hunt, looking for a new home, on a group date… I don’t know!” A wide grin spread across her muzzle. “But I did manage to catch a pair. See?” (+2FP bat, +2FP bat)

totals;
    xx+0% hunger for each patrol cat (no free posts left!)
    xxxx↳ maplewish (0% hunger)**, fadedhaze (0% hunger)

xx+45XP → level 0 (136/100XP) → level 1 (36/200XP)
    xx+2FP bat, +2FP bat
    xx+1 stinging nettle

congrats! you've reached level one and received an additional 1FP (your choice) and +50 stardust!

notes; hello! your coding is absolutely stunning; it's so wholesome to look at! <33

i noticed you requested your inventory to be converted! whenever you get the chance, feel free to switch your 3FP squirrel to something of equal value on your custom predator/prey list. you may choose between the 3FP spotted sand grouse or another 3FP spiny tailed lizard! ^^

** this is a small typo on a writer's part (and not at all your fault!), but none of your cats should have gained any hunger! please disregard any hunger gained for maplewish, flarestar and applesnap (all previous patrollers). your kitties will start gaining hunger in your next post! c:

everything else is absolutely perfect + please don't hesitate to reach out through my pms/dms if you have any questions at all! <3

TAILLESS COMET !
    user + clan link: 0zero0 + clan archive
    responding to: 0zero0's last post
    xp stats: [opted-out for death rolls!]
    xx+85XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent, +10XP for sickness healed
    xx+6XP for prey collected, +4XP for herbs found
    If the stars had fallen from their silvery throne of the galaxies beyond… they’d fall on one cat. DreamCloud. With her fur drenched in the shades of lavender’s bloom and her twin tails frolicking in the winds, it was almost like… she’d fallen from the stars. From a world so unlike this one.

Snowbell wandered close to the medicinal expert, eyes roaming the path. Dream’s jaws parted and words flowed, but… no sound emerged. Or maybe not. Maybe it was because of… the golden blossoms poking their heads out of the clovers.

Odd.

Weeds in the middle of a flower patch… like an imposter amongst a flock of sheep. An omen? Or just a lucky seed taking root? Reaching down, she snagged a few in her jaws, giving them a quick tug. A soft snap and she had a small bouquet of blossoms spun from the finest gold. (+1 tansy, +1 dandelion)

Pawsteps drifted close accompanied by a lyrical voice imbued with the silky tones of honey. “Snowbell, sugar… did you not hear me earlier?” Her head tilted, soft, ivory curls falling to the side. “I asked if you could connect up the patrol ahead. Their paws seem to be full with prey.”

Dream clicked her tongue. “But no matter, we can converge with them ahead. Come.” Her tail waved, beckoning her close. “I also found something of my own, while you were… occupied.” (+1 broom, +1 lamb’s ear)

Snowbell blinked, dipping her head in a quick apology. That… must have been what the molly was discussing earlier. While she’d been… distracted. Her shoulders lifted in a shrug. But at least they were headed there━

Watch it.” A low hiss slithered from a grey tom. His shoulders hunched as he directed a firm glare at her with his eye. A single eye glinted as GreyFox lifted his head, letting out a snort.

But the snort wasn’t towards her.

RippleSong emerged from the bushes, her dark fur flowing as if water cascading from above. She nudged the molly next to her, a soft chuckle slipping from her jaws. The pair neared, their catches firmly clamped in their jaws. (+5FP pheasant, +1FP moth)

“Darlings,” DreamCloud greeted. A faint smile creased her muzzle. “Do you… happen to need any help? We could stop by camp… Snowbell and I could help carry the prey back.”

“Oh!” RippleSong set down her catch, a vibrant feather coming loose and fluttering off in the winds. “That would be━ aaacho!” She sniffled, her nose wrinkling. “Ugh… it must be Tag’s bug coming around.” (ripplesong has caught a cold! see below for possible options for healing!)

“Hold up.” GreyFox lingered at the outskirts of the group, a grim smile touching his muzzle. He took a measured step close, shaking his head. “While you were on your hunting expedition, catching prey… and colds,” he snorted, tossing the two mollies a look. “I scanned the borders.”

Clearing his throat, he forged on. “We have company. Three rogues near the border. They’re not trespassing, but they’re lingering a little too close for comfort. I say we figure out what we want to do about them, before returning to camp.”

A trio of rogues have been spotted! They do not appear to be trespassing, nor causing
    trouble... at least so far. Does the patrol choose to pursue them or leave them alone?

RippleSong has also fallen ill! She needs one herb ─ either +1 dandelion, +1 wild garlic,
    +1 willow leaves or +1 ragwort leaves to heal her!

totals;
    xx+10% hunger for certain patrol cats (tag + ripple fed!)
    xxxx↳ tagetsepetulia (0% hunger)*, ripplesong (10% hunger), solumnblossom (10% hunger)
    xxxxxdreamcloud (10% hunger), snowbellfall (10% hunger), greyfox (10% hunger)

xxsickness stats!
    xxxx↳ tagetsepetulia (not sick ─ healed!), ripplesong (sick!)

xx+115XP → level 2 (173/300XP)
    xx+5FP pheasant, +1FP moth
    xx+1 dandelion, +1 tansy, +1 broom, +1 lamb's ear

notes; hi there! your coding is also really pretty ─ i adore the lil emojis! <33

*from your post (if i understood things correctly, ahh!), i don't believe tagetsepetulia actually 'went' on the patrol with ripplesong, solumnblossom and greyfox, so he won't gain any hunger! please drop me a quick dm/pm if this isn't the case and i'll change things asap! <3
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nindroidzane » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:46 am

Breezewhisper stood frozen, pushing back panic. She sucked in a breath, letting it out slowly. What could she do? She couldn't fight it, not with Littlekit here. Not to mention she'd never fought anything larger than an oversized fish.

But she couldn't just leave it here, either. What if it heard them, and attacked? Or followed them home? Even if it didn't, it could very easily follow their scent, or at the very least be a danger while hunting. But what else could she do?

"Littlekit." She whispered after a moment. "I need you to do something for me, okay?"

Her kit tensed. Breezewhisper gently nudged her backwards, wrapping her up in the safety of her thick tail.

"Littlekit? Do you hear me?"

A squeaked mewl of a yes sounded from her side. She flicked one ear towards the fox, the other still trained on the kit.

"When I say, I need you to run home. Do you understand?"

A flurry of protests erupted, and she quickly muffled them in with her tail. Littlekit seemed to understand, wrestling out of her fur and protesting in a much quieter tone. Snow shifted slightly to their left.

"I don't want to leave you." She whispered, voice choked. Breezewhisper drew her closer, drinking in the sweet scent of her kit. Just in case.

"I'll be fine." She murmured, hoping it wasn't a lie. "But I need you to get away so you can be safe, alright?" She nuzzled the top of Littlekit's head, lifting away her tail. "I'll catch right up with you. I promise."

Littlekit sniffled, but didn't say anything more. She hoped that meant she would run. It would be bad for both of them if the kit tried to do something foolish.

A soft crunch of snow sounded to her left, so soft she may have missed it had she not already been listening. She tensed, giving a small flick of her tail. Three... two...

"Now, Littlekit! Go!" She hissed, leaping forward. Tiny scrambling sounded behind her as claws connected with flesh, and warmth flooded the fur on her paws. Teeth snapped just beside her shoulder, and she ducked away, tumbling back into the snow.

And then she froze.

Get up! Her mind screeched. But her paws wouldn't move, jaws wouldn't part, claws wouldn't retract. She was a goner, laying on her back in the snow, the fox right above her, probably looming over her belly. She squeezed her eyes shut, though it didn't make much of a difference. I hope Littlekit isn't watching.

A yelp of surprise sounded above her, followed by a hard thump, slightly muffled by the snow. She flicked an ear towards the sound, still too stunned to move.

Hisses and screeches rang through the normally silent air. Those were the sounds of a battle. And those hisses had to be coming from a cat! Someone had come to rescue her.

Mind racing, she rolled back onto her paws. If someone had come to help, whatever they were doing here in the first place, she wasn't going to let them fight alone. Focusing on the angry growling surely coming from the fox, she leapt again, slicing through its fur with sharp claws.

It yelped, stepping backwards. After a heartbeat, snow crunched rapidly as it fled, apparently unwilling to fight two cats for its meal.

A tingle of victory ran through her for a moment. Then a tremor of fear. Littlekit! Tensing, she started forward, only to be stopped by the brush of another cat's fur.

"Your kit is safe." The voice murmured gently. It sounded like...

She turned towards the cat, tail twitching in surprise. "You saved me?" The surprise leaked into her voice for a moment. She shook out her fur, slightly embarrassed. This cat had just saved her, after all, she shouldn't be dwelling on their age.

But the cat only chuckled. "Yes, I helped chase off that old fox. Why, do I look like I couldn't have?"

Breezewhisper's fur felt hot for once. "No, I'm sorry. I'm just a bit... shaken up, I suppose." She swished her tail, swivelling her ear around. "You said Littlekit was safe?"

The cat must have nodded, because Breezewhisper heard her begin loping off through the snow without an answer. Ruffled, she trotted to catch up.

"I... didn't catch your name." She tried after a moment of silent walking. Usually she preferred the quiet, but something about this cat was making her feel slightly awkward.

"I've been called many names." The cat answered vaguely, not really answering her at all. "But you can call me Leaf."

"Leaf." She murmured, testing the name on her tongue. That was interesting. It was the same type of name that old loner Pine had been given, back when she'd lived in the village. Maybe this cat was just a loner, and she'd wandered into the tundra like Fennel and his friend had.

Her paws tingled, a sudden thought shining through her anxieties and leftover shock. Maybe this cat could join her Clan? She certainly had the skills, the way she'd fought off that fox. And presumably she'd helped Littlekit get to safety, or at least kept an eye on her while she did. Those were all Clan cat qualities, weren't they?

"Here she is." Leaf's voice pulled her out of her thoughts, and she nearly walked into her as they stopped abruptly.

"Mom?" A small voice spoke in front of her, slightly echoing as if it came from a small cave. Breezewhisper nosed through the snow for a moment, her muzzle meeting the edge of a rock. A small, sticky nose met hers.

"Mom!" Littlekit yelped, jumping out of the hole. Their heads crashed together, but she didn't mind, purring as her kit pressed up against her flank.

"You're okay!" Littlekit bounced all around her, purring so loud she could've drowned out a pack of wolves.

"Of course I am." She assured, tucking her close into her fur. "I promised I would be, didn't I?"

"Yeah, you did." Littlekit purred, poking a little round sphere up to her muzzle. "Here, I saved you some berries!"

Breezewhisper couldn't help but smile, even if she could already tell the berries would be very squashed. "Thank you, dear." She gave the kit a flick on the ear, leaning down to lap up the sweet berries.

"You two are alright, then?" Leaf spoke up once she'd eaten. Breezewhisper sat back up, turning towards her. Admittedly, she'd forgotten the other cat was there. But she was still hoping she might be interested in joining her Clan.

"Yes, thank you." She sat down, curling her tail around herself and Littlekit. "But are you alright? You must be hurt, after that fight. It sounded very vicious."

Leaf laughed again. She didn't quite understand why. "Oh, don't worry about me. That wasn't my first tangle with a fox, and I'm sure it won't be the last. Those vermin live everywhere."

"Well, at least come share some prey with us." She swiped her tongue around her muzzle - they still needed to find that prey first, but that was a whole other conversation. "And have some rest in our den, maybe. You must be exhausted, at least, if you aren't hurt."

Silence reigned for a moment, the usual hushed wind of the tundra wrapping around the three cats. But, eventually, Leaf relented.

"Alright. I'll stay a night or two." She snorted. "Help you two get back on your feet."

Breezewhisper wasn't sure what that was supposed to imply, but she kept her jaws shut. She wanted this cat to join them, after all. It would be best to stay on good terms.

Shaking out her fur, she rose again, nudging Littlekit to her feet. She was exhausted, and she knew the kit must be as well. But they did need to find their prey still, and now they had a third cat she'd promised food to.

Heaving a small sigh, she turned back to Leaf.

"Care to join us for a small walk, first?"

[ 1,342 words ]

--inventory
berries | 1 FP | x0 (used)
egg | 1 FP | x2
lemming | 2 FP | x2
stoat | 2 FP | x1
herring | 3 FP | x1

honey | soothes sore throats & infections | x1
tansy | treats coughs & heals wounds | x1
catchweed | fastens poultice to wound | x1
stinging nettle | brings down swelling & induces vomiting | x1
thyme | calms cats & eases muscle pain | x1
feverfew | reduces body temp & eases aches | x1
lungwort | cures coughs | x1
deathberries | extremely toxic red berries | x1
poppy seeds | puts to sleep & soothes shock | x1

--cats on patrol
Breezewhisper | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N
Leafshade | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
[Littlekit | she/her | HP N/A | HUP N/A | Sick: N/A]

ImageImageImage

--items in inventory used
x1 berries (1FP)
-- active quests: none

--level 1
experience: 91

-- opted in to death?
no
Last edited by nindroidzane on Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
nindroidzane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CloudedDiamond » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:48 am

I'm picking my own!
new prey:
Scraps | 1 FP
Mouse, small fish | 2 FP
Squirrel | 3 FP
Rabbit, birds | 4 FP
Birds of Prey | 5 FP
new predators:
Dogs
Foxes
Badgers
Would you like your current inventory converted to the new prey list? Yes
Last edited by CloudedDiamond on Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
CloudedDiamond

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mooshyy » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:17 am

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
🇱‌🇦‌🇸‌🇹‌ 🇪‌🇽‌🇵‌🇱‌🇴‌🇷‌🇪‌ 🇵‌🇴‌🇸‌🇹‌ | 🇱‌🇦‌🇸‌🇹‌ 🇷‌🇪‌🇸‌🇵‌🇴‌🇳‌🇸‌🇪‌ 🇷‌🇪‌🇨‌🇮‌🇪‌🇻‌🇪‌🇩‌ | ‌🇵‌🇷‌🇪‌🇾‌/🇵‌🇷‌🇪‌🇩‌🇦‌🇹‌🇴‌🇷‌ | 🇴‌🇵‌🇹‌🇪‌🇩‌ 🇮‌🇳‌! | 🇱‌🇪‌🇻‌🇪‌🇱‌: 1 (10/200🇽‌🇵‌)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

🇨‌🇦‌🇹‌🇸‌ 🇴‌🇳‌ 🇵‌🇦‌🇹‌🇷‌🇴‌🇱‌

hollowstar
🇸‌🇭‌🇪‌/🇭‌🇪‌🇷‌ | 🇭‌🇵‌ - 100%
🇭‌🇺‌🇵‌ 00% || 🇸‌🇮‌🇨‌🇰‌ - 🇳‌

hahaha n/a im lazy

[ 4 words ]

🇮‌🇳‌🇻‌🇪‌🇳‌🇹‌🇴‌🇷‌🇾‌
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    🇭‌🇪‌🇷‌🇧‌🇸‌
    🇽‌1 🇨‌🇭‌🇪‌🇷‌🇻‌🇮‌🇱‌ - 🇸‌🇹‌🇴‌🇲‌🇦‌🇨‌🇭‌ 🇦‌🇨‌🇭‌🇪‌🇸‌, 🇮‌🇳‌🇫‌🇪‌🇨‌🇹‌🇪‌🇩‌ 🇼‌🇴‌🇺‌🇳‌🇩‌🇸‌
    🇽‌1 🇨‌🇴‌🇲‌🇫‌🇷‌🇪‌🇾‌ 🇷‌🇴‌🇴‌🇹‌ - 🇧‌🇷‌🇴‌🇰‌🇪‌🇳‌ 🇧‌🇴‌🇳‌🇪‌🇸‌, 🇼‌🇷‌🇪‌🇳‌🇨‌🇭‌🇪‌🇩‌ 🇨‌🇱‌🇦‌🇼‌🇸‌
    🇽‌1 🇫‌🇪‌🇻‌🇪‌🇷‌🇫‌🇪‌🇼‌ - 🇱‌🇴‌🇼‌🇪‌🇷‌🇸‌ 🇫‌🇪‌🇻‌🇪‌🇷‌ 🇹‌🇪‌🇲‌🇵‌🇸‌, 🇭‌🇪‌🇦‌🇩‌🇦‌🇨‌🇭‌🇪‌🇸‌
    🇽‌1 🇲‌🇦‌🇷‌🇮‌🇬‌🇴‌🇱‌🇩‌ - 🇸‌🇹‌🇴‌🇵‌🇸‌ 🇮‌🇳‌🇫‌🇪‌🇨‌🇹‌🇮‌🇴‌🇳‌, 🇧‌🇱‌🇪‌🇪‌🇩‌🇮‌🇳‌🇬‌, 🇮‌🇳‌🇫‌🇱‌🇦‌🇲‌🇲‌🇦‌🇹‌🇮‌🇴‌🇳‌ booo
    🇵‌🇷‌🇪‌🇾‌ booo!!!
    🇽‌1 🇸‌🇨‌🇷‌🇦‌🇵‌ - 1🇫‌🇵‌
    🇽‌0 ------------
    🇽‌0 ------------
    🇽‌0 ------------

+50 🇸‌🇹‌🇦‌🇷‌🇩‌🇺‌🇸‌🇹‌

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

🇮‌🇹‌🇪‌🇲‌🇸‌ 🇨‌🇴‌🇳‌🇸‌🇺‌🇲‌🇪‌🇩‌ 🇹‌🇭‌🇮‌🇸‌ 🇵‌🇴‌🇸‌🇹‌
      -🇳‌/🇦‌

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬|
moosh • she/her |▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬|
discord : mooshyy. |▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬|
toyhouse |▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬|
artshop |▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬| carrd |▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Mooshyy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[026.] ★ viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:15 am

RONAN'S VOW !
    user + clan link: jazz. + clan archive
    responding to: jazz.'s last post
    xp stats: [opted-in for death rolls!]
    xx+230XP for writing, + 20XP for patrol sent
    xx+6XP for prey collected, +2XP for herbs found
    Her back retreated, tail sailing high above her back, into the depths of the medicine alcove.

Dice averted his gaze, ducking his head as he wandered into the long, undulating grass. He wouldn’t be caught staring; he couldn’t. By the Ancient Powers, it hadn’t been the most subtle… but he’d helped with her piercing ━ he’d done something. And that was a start. Right?

Or he was the greatest fool to ever walk the cliffs.

Shaking his head, he shimmied through the grass, through the sea of golds and pale green reeds, swaying in the breeze. They welcomed him on all sides, gently brushing against his side and beckoning him further into their embrace. His shoulders eased as he tipped his nose up, breathing in deeply.

The salty oceanic breeze lingered, laced with the faint trace of earth and grass intertwined. Pine needles with their sharp, sweet tang bloomed through the air, carrying with it another scent. Prey.

It traced to the cliffs.

Pushing through the grass, he meandered up to the cliffs, pawsteps steady against the rocky outcropping. A small grass tuft winked back at him, dark feathers woven in between its grasp.

Ah. The patrol the other day atop the cliffs… there’d been an eagle struck down by nature’s wrath. Wave’s rest was hardly kind… hardly benevolent even to a creature that ruled the skies, feathers touching both the heavens above and the earth beneath. Under wave’s rest, the eagle had fallen under its fierce ire. And with all the fuss about the skies ━ whether it was grey, blue or cloudy with wispy ends ━ it had slipped his mind. (+3FP eagle)

A snort left his jaws as he glanced at the skies.

How would she describe the skies this morning? Perhaps… she’d go on about the sunrise. About the gold bloom of the sun cresting above the horizon, above the lashing seas striking unmoving rock. Or perhaps about the faint rose tints gliding with the thin, feather wisps in the skies… and the sweet fragrance that flowed with the glow of the morning.

His gaze wandered.

Vibrant red petals twirled in the breeze, dancing to the orchestra of the seas below. They frolicked, waltzing without care… with a youthful innocence, singing the last remnants of wave’s rage. (+1 poppy seeds)

With a quick tug, he pulled a poppy from the patch of grass. Maybe this would justify a quick visit to the medicine alcove. Maybe.

totals;
    xx+0% hunger for each patrol cat (one free post left!)
    xxxx↳ pillar (0% hunger), rhythm (0% hunger), wire (0% hunger), dice (0% hunger)

xx+258XP → level 1 (278/200XP) → level 2 (78/300XP)
    xx+3FP eagle
    xx+1 poppy seeds

congrats! you've reached level two and received an additional +1FP (your choice), +1 herb (your choice) and +1 common edit!

notes; hi there! i love your writing so much, ahh! your characters have such interesting dynamics and it's so much fun to read! ^^

since this is absolutely easily missed, there was a quick update to the explore code in this announcement! you have most of the required elements in your post (which is awesome)! for your next explore post, if you could include pronouns for all your patrol kitties to match with the updated explore code, that'll be eternally helpful! <3

Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BigFrog4231 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:05 am

-->The Tribe of Singing Wind
Previous Post || Previous Reply
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Her gaze was still fixated on the loner when Pebble stepped forward, staring at the figure of the cat as well. ``What should we do?`` Pebble asked Snow, keeping his voice low as to not alert the loner. Snow squinted her eyes, thinking what the patrol's next actions should be. ``Everyone listen up. Bury the prey and herbs so nothing takes them. Place the rotten foliage on top to hide the scent the best you can, I don't want any more trouble coming to the meadow.`` The white she-cat spoke softly, the rest of the patrol listening intently. ``Follow my lead carefully, and don't go off on your own. We need to work together if we are going to scare this loner off. Prey stealing won't be tolerated, especially with Leaf-Bare coming up.`` The rest of the patrol nod silently, understanding the gravity of the situation. Flower has told many stories of last Leaf-Bare when he was the only member. Prey becomes extremely scarce when the cold comes, and no tribe member was excited for the extra hunting patrols that would come during Leaf-Fall. Some loner cat stealing prey would make it harder for everyone.

``We move silently through the Ever-Deep-Forest. Watch your paws and make sure to keep your tail off the ground. And keep your eyes on the loner, we can't afford to lose him. I'll give a signal once we are close enough to begin the chase.`` Snow finishes instructing the patrol and the preparations begin. Once the prey is buried, they begin their trip into the Ever-Deep-Forest, ready to chase after the loner off their territory.

[270 words]
--> Cats on Patrol

-->level 4
    experience- 65/500
    xxxxxxxx
    -->active quest
    The Tribe of Singing Wind: N/A
    The Star Striders: Helping Fennel's Friend
    xxxxxxxx
    -->items in inventory used
    --
    --
    --
-->prey and herb inventory can be found here under the 'Explore Inventory' tab
-->custom prey and predators have been chosen here!

-->notes
    -- n/a <3
    --
    --
    xxxx
    -->prey and predators
    a full list can be found here under the 'Predators & Prey' tab

-->death opt-in
    i am opted in for death rolls!
    --proof here!
mac !! he/xem
``i like everything, im a great cool``