Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Galingale Striders V4 - Rescue Event Is Open!

Postby khenney » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:31 am

These are so cool!
Art commissions and trades are closed. I just don't have time guys, I'm so sorry

I am an adult player

You can call me Khen, CG, or Bailee
I have a son (adult player,) 2 mutts, fish, chickens, and a goat. I'm prone to medical problems. If you ever need help with equine genetics just send me a message and I will help if I can. If not I will give my best guess and provide resources
If you have a pressing art request, pm me, chances are I'll atleast atempt it

Character Storage¤Art Shop Page (closed)
Rest in peace Logan Admiral
khenney

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KathrynKat » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:58 am

No clue of when, but some point here and there I'll release some adopts as well. I just won't be very active, basically will be a ghost artist but I'll be sure to check-in here and there on things! I'll for sure be down for doing some customs and breedings for people as well! :)
Art absent between June 7th & 16th or 17th or later! I will be on/off-line to check messages & trading! If I'm late to reply, it's because I'm on a road trip and visiting family that I've not seen in almost a year and some more
I was WildHorse32 Years ago & is my DA Username

Click here to find all of my personal
archives/harems n such for personal OCs and closed species!

Free-To-Use Art | Art + Past Art + Adoptables+
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ilya » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:05 am

mark ^^
mostly on fr
customs
th / ilya 0138

pfp by kai <3

ilya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadyBro » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:26 am

Currently Hiring: Archivist Position
Please PM this form to ShadyBro
Code: Select all
Preferred name:
Preferred pronouns:
Discord handle:
Link to coding examples:
Link to previous archivist experience:
┏━━━━━━━━━┓ 
─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──

ImageImageImage
✰Toyhouse✰
✰Closed Species✰
✰Trotters✰

ImageImageImage

─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

──── ⋆⋅☆ Fight Me ☆⋅⋆ ───
─- ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ─- ♡ - - ♡ -─ ⋆⋅⋅⋆ -─
ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KathrynKat » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:09 am

Temporary Archive being started until we've got an official thread set up by somebody. I'm not going to run the archive but just starting it off as it looks we still haven't got one! This archive post (within the link) most likely will be deleted once we've got an archivist started.
Art absent between June 7th & 16th or 17th or later! I will be on/off-line to check messages & trading! If I'm late to reply, it's because I'm on a road trip and visiting family that I've not seen in almost a year and some more
I was WildHorse32 Years ago & is my DA Username

Click here to find all of my personal
archives/harems n such for personal OCs and closed species!

Free-To-Use Art | Art + Past Art + Adoptables+
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rondell » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:13 am

What changes - if any - have been made to the training requirements of the previous generation of Striders?

They used to need five steps of training to become breedable - the last step of which was to complete a show.

Since there WEREN'T any shows hosted during V3... NO ONE was able to fully train their Striders.

Will shows from this incarnation of the species count for that last step? Can we make up a fale show, just for the training? Or are our previous striders forever untrained?

EDIT: Also, is the trade ban temporary or permanent? Because I strongly dislike this rule. ^.^;
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Visit the Agglomeration!
(I.E. my characters...)

P.S - Happy holidays!!
Rondell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadyBro » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:29 am

Rondell wrote:What changes - if any - have been made to the training requirements of the previous generation of Striders?

They used to need five steps of training to become breedable - the last step of which was to complete a show.

Since there WEREN'T any shows hosted during V3... NO ONE was able to fully train their Striders.

Will shows from this incarnation of the species count for that last step? Can we make up a fale show, just for the training? Or are our previous striders forever untrained?

EDIT: Also, is the trade ban temporary or permanent? Because I strongly dislike this rule. ^.^;

Aside from training, most of the rules reverted to how they were made by the original creator of the species. Getting back to how they were meant to be before they switched hands so many times over. I do not personally intend to allow trading of them (never much liked that in adopts). Readoption is still available of course, but only for V4. If Kat decides they want readoption available for V3 then we can set that up, but we won't be allowing it for previous versions due to the original rule set.
As for the training specifics, V3's do not need to be trained up to a fifth tier as we simply don't have a fifth tier anymore - just three. So if they're three tiers or over, they're considered fully trained now.
┏━━━━━━━━━┓ 
─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──

ImageImageImage
✰Toyhouse✰
✰Closed Species✰
✰Trotters✰

ImageImageImage

─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rondell » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:16 am

On the training thing - awesome! That means my boy Bean is actually fully trained! Never did get around to steps four and five for him, and now I don't have to worry about it. ^0^

On the readoption issue - I just don't like the idea of having ZERO control over where my Striders end up. If I ever wanted to rehome one of them, I'd like them to go to a friend rather than some rando I've never spoken to and may actually actively dislike.

I suppose I can understand no trading - that's your prerogative. But why no GIFTING as well? I believe that the owner should have SOME bit of say over the fate of their character, especially one which has had significant effort invested into it.

Edit: I'm not trying to argue. I realize that I'm in no position to do so. I'm just trying to understand the logic here. ^0^
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Visit the Agglomeration!
(I.E. my characters...)

P.S - Happy holidays!!
Rondell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadyBro » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:12 am

The no trading/gifting rule was one put in place in most old adopts to avoid unfairness or clicks to emerge from the adopt community in early years. Users would often adopt en mass and then trade/gift them to friends, gatekeeping newbies or generally unsocial users. As this began to fade out, the no trading/gifting rule dissolved. Now with the introduction of discord server communities, adopt artists are finding this to be an issue again. I'd like to avoid that personally, so I have a no trading/gifting rule in place for almost all the adopts I work with. I understand that it would be upsetting to put a lot of time into a character and then have no control over who adopts them. But I would hope that no one is actively trying to adopt and then get rid of their GSs here in the first place. There is no ownership limit, and there are ways to interact with all of your galingales (at least their will be once we hit the creation mark and start opening shows). So if you're concerned about where your galingale might end up - just keep them (or opt to retire them if you wish).
┏━━━━━━━━━┓ 
─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──

ImageImageImage
✰Toyhouse✰
✰Closed Species✰
✰Trotters✰

ImageImageImage

─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

ShadyBro