Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby I Like Bees » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:34 am

Mark
Stars Bagel TH hi
they/them CDT
I Like Bees

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iStarz & Everly » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:12 am

marking

*** noting this for my next post, I hope it's okay I listed a bunch;

I'm picking my own!
new prey:
1 FP items
- mice
- voles
- shrews
- chipmunks
- song birds(chickadees, finches, grosbeaks)

2 FP items
- squirrels
- garter snakes
- shiners/minnows
- pikas
- marmots
- trout (brook, rainbow, brown)

3 FP items
- ptarmigans
- channel catfish
- turkey chicks
- quail
- whitefish
- goose chicks
- cowbirds

4 FP items
- cotton-tail rabbits
- snowshoe hares
- grouse
- pheasants
- ring-necked ducks
- arctic grayling

new predators:
Common;
- ravens/crows
- raccoons
- mink/weasles
- ferrets/pine martens
- fox (red or grey)
- falcons/kestrels
- hawks
- gopher snakes [non-venomous]
- bull snakes [non-venomous]
Uncommon;
- rattlesnakes [venomous]
- wolverine
- coyotes
- cougars
- great horned owls
- great grey owls
- eagles
Rare;
- ospreys
- badger
- bobcats
- lynx
- wolves
- black bears

Would you like your current inventory converted to the new prey list? No
iStarz & Everly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mothbrainz » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:49 am

I'm picking my own!

New prey:
Meat Fruit | 1 FP
Dangler | 1 FP
Nub | 2 FP
Swamer | 2 FP
Flapper | 3 FP
Poker | 4 FP
Walker | 5 FP

New predators:
Common - Swarmers
Uncommon - Slabs, Stabbies
Rare - Sticky trees

Would you like your current inventory converted to the new prey list? Yes

More info on them is listed in my archive & tracker! Swarmers are small predators that hunt in groups, if found alone they can be hunted.
Last edited by mothbrainz on Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
hehe egg
mothbrainz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Nomads Explore #1

Postby mothbrainz » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:51 am

The Nomads

Explore Tracker | Territory & Lore

The sun beamed down on No Place To Go’s dark fur as she carefully moved through a thinly-forested section of the otherworld’s swamp. The ground sunk slightly beneath her paws, soggy and malleable to the touch. She cast a glance to her partner beside her, Cold On The Inside, bright green eyes studying the pale cat’s grimy fur and resolving to help her wash off later. Their nests were by the waterfall, a convenient spot for getting marshy foliage off of white fur.

Of course, not everyone quite minded the muck. Mother Of The Mire, Mazes In Her Mind, and Eyes Full of Love wandered wrapped in vines, algae, moss, and other assorted flora from this strange environment. With them was Full Of Rabbit Fur, pointing out a pretty plant every now and then for one of the others to quickly snatch and intertwine into waxy fur. The six nomads, despite their muscular frames, moved with quiet grace, nimbly picking their way between trees and small streams. Today they were on a predator lure and a hunt - with Never My Own Hero and Look To The Future at their nesting site watching the nomads’ collective kits, it was important to guide any dangers away from the vulnerable young. The kitsitters, unable to leave their post and hunt for themselves, would be brought food by the rest of the patrol after they felt they had sufficiently led away enough predators.

Cold on the inside cast the black tortoiseshell a glance. ”What?” the rosette huffed, furrowing her brow before shifting her focus back to the path ahead of time. She felt the other nomad move closer to her, brushing a leaf off her shoulder with her paw.

”You’re filthy,” No Place To Go teased, giving Cold On The Inside a gentle shove as they continued on their way.

Behind them, the other four moved in a loose group, silence heavy in the air. No Place To Go and Cold On The Outside were the lures. They would talk, jostle each other around, appear vulnerable enough for something to deem them an easy enough meal. The rest of the group would hang back, ears pricked, nostrils flared, muscles tensed and poised to strike. And that they did, dread heavy in the air as they waited for an inevitable attack.

[ 386 words ]

--cats on patrol
No Place To Go | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Eyes Full Of Love | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Mother Of The Mire | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Full Of Rabbit Fur | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Mazes In Her Mind | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Cold On The Inside | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 1
experience: 187

--inventory
prey | 1 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

herb | usage | x0
herb | usage | x0
herb | usage | x0
--items in inventory used
Any items used this post (or eaten)
ex. food, herbs, explore items
-- active quests:
quest #1 (linked)
Last edited by mothbrainz on Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
mothbrainz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ivyy. » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:46 am

I'm picking my own!
Hope this is okay! <3
new prey:
Mouse | 1FP
Shrew | 1FP
Minnow | 1FP
Shrimp | 1FP
Scrap | 1FP
Chipmunk | 1FP
Vole | 1FP
Chickpea Bird| 1FP
Gecko | 1FP
Frog | 1FP
Clown Fish | 1FP

Mole | 2FP
Gardner Snake | 2FP
Toad | 2FP
Blue Crab | 2FP
Parrot Fish | 2FP
Parrot | 2FP

Turtle | 3FP
Squirrel | 3FP
Rabbit | 3FP
Hare | 3FP
Stoat | 3FP

Hawk | 4FP
Otter | 4FP
Mink | 4FP
Osprey | 4FP
Seagull | 4FP
Deer Scraps | 4FP
Weasel | 4FP
Raccoon | 4FP
new predators:
Common:
Foxes
Badgers
Seagulls
Hawks
Rouge
Raccoon
Uncommon:
Otter
Mink
Weasel
Stoat
Stormclan Warriors (Warriors from a distant clan; Ocean Clan's Leader's vengeful and aggressive past clan!)
Rare
Sharks
Swordfish
Anteater
Hog
Boar
Civet
Wolverine
Eagle
hi hi!! i'm ivyy. but you can call me isabella or bella <3

she/her - virgo - owner of two cats and three dogs - previous bun mom - animal enthusiast - equestrian

credit to iceycrushed for making my avatar for my use only <3
ivyy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby miles. » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:18 pm

the drifting smoke express
loreterritory

It's been rare, lately, for Luckysong to have a day he could just patrol the general territory, get out and do some exploration not motivated by establishing clan relations or carrying out deliveries. Even though his idea of 'establish a clan that does work between clans' had proven successful after a few moons of hard, hard work and establishing their name and credibility, Drifting Smoke Express still required near constant work with how few carriers they had.

'Not that I'd likely take a rest day, even if we were big enough to let me kick back 'n boss everyone around...' He thinks dryly, shaking off a few stray juniper needles that fell on his coat as he wades his way deeper into the forest surrounding the other side of the rails. No, he wasn't the type to put himself above his fellow clanmates like that, even if they weren't short-pawed. Best to just savor the free day and bring back some supplies gathered for themselves for once, rather than others.

His goal for today is twofold, loosely: bring back something useful, and map out the area a bit more to determine where their loosely-established territory should end and where other clans (and, potentially, clients) were located. Delivery jobs for loners and kittypets were stockin the herb shelf, so to speak, but it's not like they were gonna survive off being paid in fresh-kill alone. Sure, he could when it was just him - a single cat could easily get by like that! But, well, now he has more than just himself to look after and knowing the territory was at least a base level of useful for all of them. Although, he knows if he only comes back to camp with territory mapped and nothing else of note, he'll still feel bad. He was agreed upon as the leader, and that means he's gotta provide for everyone else, always be working the hardest; coming back empty pawed will just make him feel even more like he shouldn't've been given the position. He didn't earn it, he wasn't particularly good at anything but being clever and quick on his paws, and he definitely wasn't any kind of a figure to follow in the pawprints of; better busy himself with being useful to prove something to himself. He's pretty sure charisma isn't a qualifying reason to let someone make the rules, but what does he know?

An audible 'snap!' underfoot both jolts Luckysong out of his thoughts and aimless wandering it caused, giving him about enough time to inhale quickly & brace himself before a stray willow branch smacks him in the face. "Oh, come on," he grumbles, carefully brushing the branch down & to the side to move past it with an audible sigh. Well, no one said territory mapping and trail marking would be a stroll through the fields. At least it's better than having a deadline for when he has to get back to camp. Leave another scratch on the next nearby log as a late courtesy warning to the next unlucky carrier to get a branch to the muzzle, and start snapping some of the in the way branches back to take home as well as clear the path a little more. Except... where was his last set of markings to backtrack on?

"...guess that's what I get for wallowin' on the job." Luckysong exhales, rubbing the side of his muzzle with one paw. "Well, I guess I'll find more than one shortcut today - one to where I end up, one back to the clan. Geez..."

[ 599 words ]

╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍

--cats on patrol
luckysong | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 0
experience: 0/100

--inventory
scraps | 1 FP | x0
mouse | 2 FP | x0
small fish | 2 FP | x0
vole | 3 FP | x0
rabbit | 3 FP | x0
bird | 4 FP | x0

herb | usage | x0
herb | usage | x0
herb | usage | x0
--items in inventory used
-- n / a --
-- active quests:
-- n / a --
...........nobody deserves to be called a curse;

─── icon by jasper ; ───
.══════════════════════.
Image miles / cecil ● he/him Image
but if you're gonna insist,
i'm happy to make things worse.

.══════════════════════.
miles.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hush » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:24 pm

I want to risk death!
Username: Hush
Clan link:link
x
x
x
x
x
x

╔══════════════╗
xxImage
* id #256165
* Pantry Puffs
* Art shop
* Toyhouse
╚══════════════╝
xxxxart credit*stamp credit
Hush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xem » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:43 pm

Creekclan
free post #2

Ravensong could only chuckle as Reedstar only now seemed to pick up on the title that he had given him. Leader, wouldn’t he be so pleasantly surprised to know what his name meant? He smirked as he bounded forward, but a gleam in the creek caught his eye. He paused, lowering himself down to a crouch. His eyes caught the flash again, a smaller fish dashing around the water, following the rhythm of the warm spring day. When the time was right, Ravensong thrust his paw into the water, claws extended, pulling out a fish! He grabbed the fish in jaws, looking back at Reedstar with excitement.

[ +2 FP (Small Fish), +2 XP ]

Reedstar, however, had fallen a bit behind. His eyes had landed on a patch of herbs, the smells rather familiar to him. Perhaps they could be useful? He plucked the two plants from the ground, before making his way forward again to catch up with the rambunctious Ravensong. But on his way there, he clumsily stumbled within the rocks. His paw slipped within a crevice, and he let out a slight yowl as pain shot through his foreleg. Reedstar managed to pull it out with some struggle, his paw rather sore and slightly cut from the sharp crevice he had gotten it stuck in. He took a deep breath and hurried along to get to Ravensong, limping slightly as he held the fresh herbs in his jaws.

[ +1 Comfrey Root, +1 Deadly Nightshade, +2 XP, -5 HP for Reedstar, no herbs or rest time required to heal ]

[ +25 XP for 390 Words Written ]
[ +10 XP for Patrol Sent ]
[ +0 % Hunger, 1 Free Post Left! ]

Total:
[ +39 XP, +2 FP (Small Fish), x1 Comfrey Root, x1 Deadly Nightshade ]

Level 0 (33/100) —> Level 0 (72/100)
┌──────┐

✧ artist
✧ guitarist

th
credit

└──────┘

i love my friends
xem
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby soras » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:52 pm

I'm picking my own!
new prey:
Scraps | 1FP
Small Fish | 2FP
Voles | 2FP
Mice | 2FP
Squirrels | 3FP
Rabbits | 3FP
Deer Scraps | 4FP
Raccoons | 4FP
new predators:
Coyotes
Wolves
Cougars
Hawks
.......................................and maybe some things are that simple;

...─── icon official art ───
.══════════════════════.
rana | he/him
when you walk away, you don't hear
me say; "please, oh baby - don't go."

art shop
.══════════════════════.
soras

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snookie040604 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:58 am

Firclan
Gorgestar grew fairly excited at his finds, which pushed him to continue his search through his territory. The tom paused for a moment, glancing back at the herbs and scraps. It could help if he carried some of it with him, but he also did not wish to risk losing it. Gorgestar’s ears perked up as he spotted a small hole in a tree. It was likely made by some kind of animal, though the resident had left long ago as no scent greeted him. He stuffed his herbs and scraps inside before picking up a stone and lodging it in the entrance. The tabby nodded, seeing it would be difficult for smaller animals to come and steal his finds. His scent would hopefully deter any loners or rouges from taking his items as well. Now he could come back for the items when he needed them, or was prepared to come back to the camp.

Gorgestar padded away from the site, a slight bounce to his step. The darker locations of the forest still scared him a little, but the tom knew that eventually he would have to brave through the shadowy woods. Shaking his head to clear away those distracting thoughts, Gorgestar turned to watch his steps, admiring the beams of light filtering through the fir trees. Not only were the sights of the forest enchanting, but he had quickly discovered the smell was wonderfully unique. Perhaps later on in his life the tom would grow used to the forest and all it brings, but for now he let himself ponder on both the appealing and terrifying features of his new home.
[ 274 words ]

--cats on patrol
Gorgestar | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 0
experience: 29/100

--inventory
scraps | 1 FP | x1
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0