Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Peaceclan || Explore #6

Postby coffee.berry » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:09 pm

ᑭEᗩᑕEᑕᒪᗩᑎ
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received

Cloudpelt woke up with such a rush that her tail almost got scratched by a branch.

"Excited for your first hunt?" Oakspeck grinned at his clanmate, watching her looking for... nothing.

"Yes! Wouldn't you be? Now, don't stand there like a day-old kit, and let's get hunting!" Cloudpelt shook herself and trotted over to the leader's den.

"Hello, Cloudpelt! You're right on time. Mosspaw will accompany you on this trip, to take care of Oakspeck, so he doesn't start singing." Silverstar laughed.

"I heard that!" Oakspeck ran to Silverstar.

A few moments later, Mosspaw appeared. "I'm ready!" she said with a smile.

And together, the three began to leave camp.

------------------------------------------

-ꉔꋬ꓄ꇙ ꄲꋊ ꉣꋬ꓄ꋪꄲ꒒-

ꉔ꒒ꄲ꒤꒯ꉣꏂ꒒꓄

ꁝ꒤ꋊꍌꏂꋪ ꉣꄲ꒐ꋊ꓄ꇙ: 0%
ꁝꏂꋬ꒒꓄ꁝ ꉣꄲ꒐ꋊ꓄ꇙ: 100%

ꄲꋬꀘꇙꉣꏂꉔꀘ

ꁝ꒤ꋊꍌꏂꋪ ꉣꄲ꒐ꋊ꓄ꇙ: 20%
ꁝꏂꋬ꒒꓄ꁝ ꉣꄲ꒐ꋊ꓄ꇙ: 95%

ꂵꄲꇙꇙꉣꋬꅐ

ꁝ꒤ꋊꍌꏂꋪ ꉣꄲ꒐ꋊ꓄ꇙ: 0%
ꁝꏂꋬ꒒꓄ꁝ ꉣꄲ꒐ꋊ꓄ꇙ: 100%

꒒ꏂ꒦ꏂ꒒: 1 [42/100]

꒐ꋊ꒦ꏂꋊ꓄ꄲꋪꌦ:

Scraps | 1 FP
Vole | 2 FP
Vole | 2 FP
Scraps | 1 FP

x1 Mallow leaves
x1 Catchweed
x1 Lungwort
x1 Goatweed
x1 Burdock Root
x1 Horsetail

ꉣ꒐ꉔꀘ꒐ꋊꍌ ꂵꌦ ꄲꅐꋊ ꊰꄲꋪꂵ: xx

ꉔ꒤ꋪꋪꏂꋊ꓄ ꆰ꒤ꏂꇙ꓄ꇙ: wrote:
No quests!

꒐꓄ꏂꂵꇙ ꒐ꋊ ꒐ꋊ꒦ꏂꋊ꓄ꄲꋪꌦ ꒤ꇙꏂ꒯: wrote:
Squirrel (1 FP for all cats, I’ve already removed it)
Last edited by coffee.berry on Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
coffee.berry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

explore post 003 -- elmclan

Postby ethium » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:52 am

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
elmclan storage - last explore: 7/26 - last response: 8/20 - word count: 11,019
level: 1 experience: (6/200)
      explore post 003

explore post because its too many words 😔i am so so sorry to the writer who claims this

XXXXX
        the current patrol:
        starsight - HP 100% - HUP 0% - sick: n/a
        shreddedmoon - HP 100% - HUP 0% - sick: n/a
        perchpaw - HP 100% - HUP 0% - sick: n/a
        wolfpaw - HP 100% - HUP 0% - sick: n/a
        doepaw - HP 100% - HUP 0% - sick: n/a
        prey inventory:
        mouse -- 1FB -- x2
        rabbit -- 4FB -- x2
        prey -- 2FB -- x0
        used inventory:
        item name -- desc
        herb inventory:
        1x -- watermint
        1x -- juniper berries
        1x -- lamb's ear
        amount -- herb
        active quests:
        fennel - fight predator
        roll for death? no
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[021.] ★ viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:33 am

ImageFROSTCLAN !
    Their laugh was a lyrical cadence, rising and falling with the melody of the winds.

“Ah, that. Already prying into secrets, hmm?” The stranger’s nose skimmed her shoulder, offering a quick, playful nudge. “For the love of the Stars, don’t tell her I said that. I mean it.” They groaned. “I swear, I’ll never hear the end of it.”

Fennel fell into step beside her, their pawsteps eating at the snow in a familiar crunch-crunch rhythm. “You see… she’s a wanderer like me. And wanderers have this…” They flicked their tail. “... this sense that they are absolutely marvelous navigators.”

An unbidden chuckle rose from her jaws.
    Oh, this one was interesting. So… animated.

Tapping a tail to their side to guide them, she turned her head to the side, hiding the soft smile bubbling within. “Please, go on. Don’t let me interrupt. I think we’re nearly there.” She tasted the air, licking her nose against the chill. “She’s close.”

They sniffed the air. “Well, thing is… not all us loners are great navigators.” A chortle escaped their jaws. “As you’ve clearly witnessed... wait, really? No, that's not her━ Rosemary?”

Softer pawsteps swished through the snow, skittering across as if they rode on the wings of the wind. The winds crested as she neared, hurling frigid gusts of wind and kicking up powdery flakes of snow.

A gentle voice broke through the breath’s silence, light and airy.

“Fennel? What are you… oh, you brought a friend.” She raised a nose to Breezewhisper’s in-greeting. “Come, you two. We need to get out of the wind… I dug out a place. I have some food and berries as well! I’m not sure if the berries are edible, but you tell me!” (+2FP lemming, +1 deathberries)

───

The den was... cozy. Snug and warm, compared to the storm raging outside, a fierce whirlwind, waging war at anything it could find. It whipped and lashed, tearing into trees, twigs and a lone bird caught in its rage. A shrill squawk echoed, its call lost in the drafts.

Breezewhisper settled into the snow den, curling up around herself. She rested her head against her paws as the two strangers exchanged words, their voices weaving into one song. Her brows creased. “Wait, you’re not… the friend they’re looking for?”

Rosemary chuckled. “Fennel here is looking for another. She passed by this way not too long ago. I think… I know where she is. Fennel will accompany me as soon as the wind dies down.” The molly paused, tapping a claw against the ice. “Oh... I think it’s over. The wind’s receding.”

Fennel shifted, letting out a soft groan. “We should get going, then. Can’t afford to miss the little wanderer again.”

They rested their tail along the small of her back, leaning closer to her. Their voice was hushed, a gentle whisper. “I can’t thank you enough. I know I’ve dragged you far enough on this adventure, so this… next part is up to me. But here, a token of my appreciation. I think you’ll like it.”

Fennel pushed a small object towards her, tucking it under her paw. The object exuded warmth… radiating off in steady waves, rolling like the tides. (+1 blackhole ━ removes a pre-existing edit on a cat!)

As she lifted her paw, the warmth dissipated, vanishing as if it’d never existed. Huh. She touched a paw to it again, soaking in its gentle heat. Her head lifted to find Fennel's, jaws parted to offer her gratitude, but… the pair was gone.

They’d vanished.

totals;
    xx+0% hunger for each patrol cat (no free posts left!)
    xxxx↳ breezewhisper (0% hunger)

xx+48XP → level 0 (124/100XP) → level 1 (24/200XP)
    xx+2FP lemming
    xx+1 deathberries
    xx+1 blackhole (removes a pre-existing edit on a cat!)

congrats! you've reached level one and received an additional +1FP (your choice) and +50 stardust!

notes; n/a! <3

──────────────────────────────────────────────────

SHORECLAN !
    Rogues.

Tempestslash’s tail sliced through the air as she waved the rest of the patrol through the tall grasses. A soft growl rumbled in her throat. The nerve those rogues had to venture over the borders. And clearly defined borders at that. If Shellstar hadn’t been so… passive, perhaps this could have been avoided. Likely.

Her nose twitched as a faint, coppery scent tainted the breeze.

Of course.

She stiffened, shoulders tight as she lengthened her stride, crouching through the grass. Her jaw clenched… and even the gentle draft against her cheek didn’t relieve the tension lurking close. The thieves. First, they trespassed. And now, they hunted. The audacity. What next?

“They’ve been hunting.” Tigershine grunted as the large rabbit slipped from his jaws, falling to the ground with a light thud. He reached down, clamping his jaws firmly around its scruff and gave it a hard shake. “... and they’re still here, right about... there.

A flicker of gold streaked through the grass, slipping and sliding as if a fish in the oceans. The scent was foreign. It screamed intruder. A rogue.

She prowled forward, slinking deeper into the grass. A quick flick of her tail to signal the rest of the patrol to spread out ─ to cover more ground. Other rogues were in the wind, their scents mingling and drifting. And in the meantime… she had this one.

The intruder’s golden fur buffeted against the wind. His jaws were wide, muzzle twisted into a self-satisfied smirk, as he lugged a limp, white bundle from a burrow. The creature’s soft, long ears trailed along the dirt as he set it down. A growing prey pile bulged by his side, neatly stacked.

And he wouldn't be adding anymore to it.

Tempestslash shot out from the field grasses, slamming a paw down on the limp rabbit at his paws. A growl slipped from her throat as she turned to face the rogue, voice dropping to a low snarl.

“Leave it, thief.” Her eyes narrowed. “And I suggest you leave. You and your little party of friends.”

The tom’s muzzle peeled into a sneer. “Me, a thief? How about you? You and your friends are a bunch of greedy, selfish, fish-brained kits. Ever heard of sharing?” He kicked a paw out, sweeping the rest of his prey pile towards her. “Take it.” (+4FP rabbit, +4FP rabbit)

Around the field, the rest of the patrol guided a trio of sandy-furred cats forward. Blueberrynose offered a firm nudge to a lagging molly, urging her forwards. The molly hissed, claws digging into the dirt as she trudged on, ears flattened.

Tigershine swung up near the rear of the group, Streambrook by his side. Twin feathered birds, cloaked in warm, freckled hues, rested firmly in their jaws, confiscated from the trespassing rogues. (+3FP quail, +3FP quail)

The golden tom gnashed his teeth, hunching his shoulders. His tail flicked, gesturing his crew towards him. “We leave,” he murmured. “Let’s go.”

Spinning on his heel, he leaned close to her, emitting a low hiss. “This is not the end, cat.”

A final scoff and the rogue turned aside sharply. With a wave of his tail, he fled, both he and his group, tail tucked between their legs.

totals;
    xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ tempestslash (50% hunger), embersnow (50% hunger), blueberrynose (50% hunger)
    xxxx tigershine (30% hunger), streambrook (30% hunger)

xx+98XP → level 3 (387/400XP)
    xx+4FP rabbit, +4FP rabbit, +3FP quail, +3FP quail

notes; n/a! <3

Last edited by Vivika on Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby Archaeopteryx. » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:44 am

Clan of Eternal Sun
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received
Location; Great Basin Desert
───────

Huh.

Coyotesun scented the air, searching for the cloyingly sweet smell of rattlesnake. He couldn't smell anything over the overwhelming smell of the den and sneezed, shaking his head to try to get it out of his nose.

That wasn't great. Where had they all gone? Both theories he could think of made him incredibly uncomfortable— either they had moved, possibly to a spot where cats were even more likely to stumble across them, or someone else had already beaten them to the nest and cleared it out for them.

He didn't like this.

"Hey, Coyotesun?" He flinched slightly at the quiet voice of Everstumble. "I think we should head back and drop off the stuff we've found so far, since there's no snakes here."

"I... yeah." Coyotesun took a hesitant step away from the den, blinking the thoughts away. "Yeah, you're right. Let's go get this stuff squared away."

Obsidianwatcher quietly stepped forward, gathering the herbs and skins up, before following in their clanmates footsteps.

The stars shone brightly overhead, lighting the small Clan's way back to the shelter. Wind rustled quietly, stirring up cool sand that blew against the cats' pelts. Coyotesun shivered, feeling empty without the sun's guiding light, but his Clanmates weren't as comfortable with the heat as he was. And, he had to admit, seeing the moon's light shining down on the Shelter was as eerie as it was beautiful. As they made their way down the trail back home, the fur on Coyotesun's back finally started to lie flat again.

Old floorboards creaked under their paws as they hopped up into the abandoned house they called home, setting the prey and scavenged items where they belonged. The snakes would either be eaten in the upcoming days, or sun-dried to keep for the months when prey didn't run.

"Oh." Obsidianwatcher's voice broke the silence, the dark cat staring out the window, transfixed. "That... I didn't think that would happen."

The concerned tone in the normally unshakable cat's voice caused Coyotesun's fur to bristle yet again (living with other cats was just one anxiety-ridden event after another, he was starting to realize) and he turned, stopping in his tracks.

It was the middle of the night, he was sure, but— over on the mountains guarding the desert was a sunrise, fiery golds and reds and violets lighting up the constellations. A sensation washed over Coyotesun, not unlike fear but different in an indescribable way. A... a false sunrise? A false sun? He wanted nothing to do with it. He wanted to sit in his house and worry about rattlesnakes and strangers lurking out in the sand.

A glance at his Clanmates' faces told him he was not going to get that.

"We need to—" Honeybreeze started, but he cut her off.

"I know. Just— tomorrow? Please? Let's at least let the fires go down."

She caught the look in his eyes and nodded.

[ 487 words ]

level 1
experience: 48/200
(edit/note: if this isn't enough to work with, feel free to let me know!)

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    COYOTESUN
    he/him

hp 100% | hup 10% | healthy

-sun-touched-
HONEYBREEZE
she/her

-no afflictions-

EVERSTUMBLE
    he/they/it

-spectator-
OBSIDIANWATCHER
they/them

-prophet-

lore afflictions list located here

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
--inventory
scraps | 1FP | x2
lizard | 2FP | x1
woodrat | 2FP | x1
desert toad | 3FP | x0
snake | 3FP | 2x
jackrabbit | 4FP | x1

list of herbs located here
--items in inventory used
none
-- active quests:
none
-- predators:
coyotes, rattlesnakes, hawks,
dogs (rare, intelligent)
Last edited by Archaeopteryx. on Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

──────────────────────
it/its
─────────
Obsessive worldbuilder,
enjoyer of speculative fiction
and stories about apocalypses.

─────────
ImageImageImage
──────────────────────
Archaeopteryx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Plushbunny » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:19 pm

BlizzardClan
first post
Froststar slipped out of his den. It was some kind of abandoned burrow- maybe a fox? he wasn't sure- There was no scent anymore, except his own. He'd only been here for a few days, and he knew there was still a lot of work to do.
It was early morning, still dawn. Everything was covered in dew. Everything was still fresh. The sun was just starting to rise, the air was still cool. He breathed in deeply, then set out, stepping as lightly and quietly on the wet ground as he knew how.
He was learning the new area fairly quickly, but he still wasn't used to being all the way out here in the wilderness alone, so far from his village. He hoped he'd meet some other cats soon; he didn't exactly enjoy being alone... at least he didn't have to worry about anyone except himself, right?
He'd always been an adventurous cat, but he'd never go very far away from home, always coming back before it got dark out. He didn't want his twolegs to worry, and he knew they'd always feed him if he was hungry.
But now there were no twolegs to feed him when he came home. Actually, there was no coming home anymore, either. he was alone, he had no twolegs to take care of him, nor did he have any of his past friends. This was a new start. He had to hunt for himself now.
He was nearing the edge of his small forest when he realized he'd been half distracted by his thoughts. He sat and paid more attention to the valley in front of him, clearing his head. Think about where you're going! Don't scare the prey off, stay alert. After a few moments he set out once again along the edge of the woods, but it wasn't long before he stopped in his tracks when he caught the scent of a mouse.
[ 324 words ]

--cats on patrol
Froststar | HP 100% | HUP 0%
--level 0
experience: 0

--inventory
prey | 1 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

herb | usage | x0
herb | usage | x0
herb | usage | x0
none
-- active quests:
none
Plushbunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xem » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:13 am

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
◇ 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐔𝐍 - 𝐒𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐍 !!

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
[size=85]xxxxsunclan archive | last post | last response | current level: 0 | experience: 38/100
xxxx↳ prey | 1 FP | x0 ◇ prey | 2 FP | x0 ◇ jerboa | 2 FP | x1 ◇ spiny tailed lizard | 3 FP | x2 ◇ prey | 3 FP | x0
xxxxprey | 4 FP | x0
xxxx↳ herb | usage | x0 ◇ herb | usage | x0 ◇ herb | usage | x0

xxxxitems used: none
xxxxactive quests: none

Applesnap and Maplewish made their way after the strangers scent, noting that the suspect hadn’t crossed any borders. The two remained silent, slowing to a halt as the sound of pawsteps came right for them. The intruder made its appearance, a large black tom with a white tail tip, carrying a mouse in his jaws. His ears flattened once he saw the two cats before him, his eyes narrowing. “Clan cats? I haven’t crossed your borders or done anything wrong, if that’s what you think.” He snapped, dropping the mouse. Maplewish held her head high while Applesnap stood her ground. “We haven’t implied anything. We just came to see what has brought you around here, so close to the border-” The stranger suddenly became frustrated, yowling, “You selfish clan cats, hoarding all your territory!” He snarled, throwing his much larger self at Maplewish, sinking his teeth into her shoulder. Maplewish howled in pain, thrashing back, attempting to bite the tom’s neck.

Applesnap lunged forward, heart pounding as she slashed her claws across the tom’s sides, before grappling herself onto his back. The tom let go of Maplewish, crumbling awkwardly to the ground as Applesnap tackled him. More words of disdain against clan cats left his jaws, writhing underneath Applesnap. Maplewish quickly went to aid holding the tom down, but the larger cat was able to wiggle his way out. But he didn’t put up anymore of a fight, his breathing ragged, his fur slightly bloody as he suddenly bolted away.

Maplewish sighed heavily with relief as he ran away, sinking to the ground to rest. Applensnap frowned, “How badly are you hurt, Maplewish? We need to get you back and taken care of,” She said worriedly. Maplewish shook her head, “The bite isn’t that deep, I’ll be alright. I just… wasn’t quite expecting him to attack. She murmured, unable to help but feel as if she had let her clan down. Now there was a wounded cat on the loose that had an even more dismal impression of clan cats.

Applesnap gently licked Maplewish’s shoulder, “We should get back and report this, and hurry along before he gets enough brains to come back. But hey, he left his mouse behind. And a herb!” She said gleefully, bounding over to what the stranger had dropped. Maplewish couldn’t help but grin, “Good eye, Applesnap. At least we have something to show for.”

[ +2 FP (Mouse), +1 Broom, +3 XP ]
[ -5 HP for Maplewish, No Herbs Needed to Heal ]

While Flarestar waited, something caught his attention. A rustle in the tree to his left. A bit of hunting didn’t seem like a bad idea while he waited. He approached the tree with care, hearing the soft gnawing of a squirrel. The tom climbed the tree with grace, his movements quiet and delicate. The squirrel didn’t see him coming until it was too late, a perfect hunters leap causing the squirrel’s demise. He carried the squirrel down from the tree, spotting a lovely smelling plant up ahead. Lavender! This could surely be useful. He carried the squirrel and the plant back to his waiting spot, seeing the two mollies coming back in his direction. What lovely timing.

[+3 FP (Squirrel), +1 Lavender, +4 XP ]

Flarestar frowned at the cats’ expressions, setting his squirrel and plant down. It seemed they also had some prey with them, but he could already tell the encounter with the stranger didn’t go well. “What happened? Are you two alright?” He asked worriedly.

The two cats nodded, “Yes, we’re fine. The tom we saw hadn’t trespassed at all, but wasn’t too happy with us around. But once I mentioned the borders he absolutely lost it on us. He didn’t seem too fond of clan cats.” Maplewish murmured. “We managed to scare him off though, he bit my shoulder, but it’ll be alright. Silly cat left his prey behind.” She said, directing towards what Applesnap had in her jaws. Flarestar sighed, “Well, we better head back. Get your shoulder cleaned out properly, and tell the others about that cat. But despite that, it seems like we got a pretty decent amount of things for ourselves.” He said, trying to look on the bright side.

Applesnap nodded, “Indeed-” She said, dropping her things as she spotted something else. “Mallow leaves!” She said, picking them up. Flarestar and Maplewish exchanged glances of amusement, before beginning to walk together with their haul of food and herbs from the day.

[ +1 Mallow Leaves, +1 XP ]

[ +35 XP for 575 Words Written ]
[ +10 XP for Patrol Sent ]
[ +10% Hunger for Flarestar, Applesnap and Maplewish ]

Total:
[ +53 XP, +2 FP (Mouse), +3 FP (Squirrel), +1 Broom, +1 Lavender, +1 Mallow Leaves ]

Level 0 (38/100) —> Level 0 (91/100)

┌──────┐

✧ artist
✧ guitarist

th
credit

└──────┘

i love my friends
xem
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BigFrog4231 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:15 am

-+-The Star Striders-+-
Previous Post || Previous Reply
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Frostclaw glared at the loner for a moment, the friendly aura throwing her off. Sootnose walked up to this 'Fennel', sniffing the air cautiously. ``Sootnose, get back! We don't know what that rogue might try.`` Frostclaw hisses and steps forward, claws unsheathed. Sootnose jumps back, glancing an apologetic look to Fennel. Kittyu steps in between Frostclaw and Fennel, glaring Frostclaw down. ``Settle down, I'm sure she isn't going to try anything.`` He turns to Fennel, ignoring Frostclaw's seething anger. ``We'll help you out, but no funny business. We keep our claws sheathed and work quickly.`` He says, glancing over to Frostclaw who was lashing her tail. ``Who put you in charge of this patrol?`` She hisses, claws still scraping against the concrete. ``Who put you in charge? Last time I checked the only one in charge is Twistedstar.`` Frostclaw huffs and turns away, picking up a seagull and padding towards the direction of camp. ``I'm heading back to camp- clearly you can all work just fine without me.`` Frostclaw meows, her voice muffled by the bird.

The remainder of the patrol turns to Kittyu who was already deciding who should tag along and search for Fennel's lost friend. ``Meowjima and Sootnose, come with me and Fennel. Stormcloud, Raindrizzle, you two head back to camp with Frostclaw and remember to take the prey with you.`` Raindrizzle and Stormcloud nod and pick up the remaining prey and run over to Frostclaw, already beginning to chat about what just happened like two songbird. Sootnose walks up to Fennel, striking up a conversation with the strange cat. Meowjima approaches Kittyu, glancing over to the chatting cats. ``Any reason you kept Sootnose?`` Meowjima speaks quietly as to not let the she-cat hear. ``Eh, just guess I wanted Frostclaw out of my fur.`` He shrugs, smiling slightly. Fennel calls out for the two cats, already beginning to walk further into the city. Sootnose was glued to her hip, talking about anything she could. Meowjima and Kittyu followed behind, keeping an eye out for any dangers that might be hiding in the city.

[346 words]
-+-Cats on Patrol-+-

Sootnose
      HP-100% || HUP-10% || Sick N
      She/They
      Star Strider
      Meowjima
      He/Him
      Outsider
      Kittyu
      He/Him
      Outsider

-+-level 3-+-
    experience- 379/400
    xxxxxxxx
    -+-active quest-+-
    Fennel's Missing Friend
    xxxxxxxx
    items in inventory used
    -- n/a
    --
    --
-+-prey and herb inventory can be found here under the 'Explore Inventory' tab-+-

-+-notes-+-
    -- n/a
    --
    --
    xxxx
    -+-prey and predators-+-
    a full list can be found here under the 'Predators & Prey' tab

-+-death opt-in-+-
    i am opted in for death rolls!
    --proof here!
mac !! he/xem
``i like everything, im a great cool``

adult
⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅

est
transmasc
ImageImagexxxx

TH || LISTOGRAPHY
tokenz 4 art- open
TVR || TMA || BGG

⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅
BigFrog4231

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[022.] ★ viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:04 pm

MOONCLAN !
    user + clan link: allynabean + clan archive
    responding to: allynabean's last post
    xp stats: [opted-in for death rolls!]
    xx+90XP for writing, + 20XP for patrol sent
    xx+24XP for prey collected, +2XP for herbs found
    The brooks babbled, their soft chatter weaving like a chime through the morning’s golden glow. Their trickling chitter-chatter was… amiable. Familiar. Her paws itched to venture close, to dip her paws into the waters’ silky embrace… and to bend it to her will.

Soft, cinnamon fur brushed against her shoulder, radiating a gentle warmth. Cinni. Her sweet presence never failed to settle, always emanating like the springs. It was always there, always flowing.

“Hey, you.” Cinnamonstick nudged her side, head tilted. “Already reminiscing about Toast’s new soup?” She grinned, bright eyes twinkling as she flicked her tail. “I’ll check over there with Emberhaze. I think there may be a patch of rosemary nearby!”

“Mhm.” Minnowstrike returned the nudge, muzzle curved into a faint smile. “I’ll stop by the lake with Mothroot, then ━ see if there are any fish.”

Cinnamonstick winked. “Showing off already, huh? Maybe I’ll stop by and join the audience… looking on in awe at your prowess.” A chuckle slipped from her jaws as she raised her tail in farewell. “After I find that rosemary.”

Minnowstrike shook her head, offering a playful roll of her eyes. Audience or no audience, the clan needed to add to their stocks. She turned towards the lilac cat, flicking a tail forwards. And the lake was their best bet.

───

The Moon Trees. A claw-shaped island with tall, slender pines hooked within its grasp. It was a familiar sight… the little island, almost like a hideout. But the rock-laden pathway was what she was here for.

Her shoulders eased as she ambled across the flat rocks, taking her place upon the smooth, glossy surface. Claws lightly scraped against the rock… Mothroot joining her on the rocks. The stoneshaper’s claws would be helpful for scooping the fish out of the waters ━ an asset.

“Ready when you are, boss.” Mothroot flicked their tail.

Minnowstrike nodded. Stepping closer to the edge of the rocks, she dipped a paw into the cerulean waters.

The surface rippled, colors and shapes disappearing into a muddled blur. Cool currents swirled around her paws, frolicking and lapping at the rocks. She eased a breath out, soaking in its cadence, the gentle rhythm, its ebb and flow. And then, a suggestion… something smooth and easy, a transition to a different song to change the current’s dance. Another waltz, but this time towards her.

Movement rippled through as a fellow dancer swiveled through the waters. A silver head surfaced, thick lips parted, head breaching the surface. Another lurked just beneath it, fins skimming the other. The pair danced a final tango… halted by the spear of claws piercing the waters. (+4FP salmon, +4FP salmon)

With a grunt, Mothroot heaved a slippery creature up. The fish hit the rocks with a wet smack, spraying tiny droplets in its wake. They shook their fur out, narrowing their eyes. “I’ll get this to the surface,” she muttered. “You got the other?”

“Yeah, just give me a━”

Another silvery sheen caught her eye, a fellow latecomer to the dance. The silver minnow strayed close, poking around at one of the rocks. Minnowstrike dipped her head into the water, jaws closing around the small creature. (+2FP minnow)

Gentle conversation lined with an undercurrent of tension brought her head up, flickering towards the trees. Cinnamon curls and a certain flame point strayed close to the pine trees, deep in-conversation.

“... aw, come on! It’ll be okay, Ember. I’m sure Minnow will understand. It could have happened to anyone.” She tossed her head, a small smile curling on her muzzle. “Come on, they’re just ahead!”

Emberhaze heaved a soft groan, shaking his head. “Right. Tell me that after━”

“What’s going on here?” Minnowstrike skipped across the rocks, landing softly against the banks. Her pawsteps were silent as she approached, gaze swiveling from the guard to…

Her brows furrowed at the slight limp, barely imperceptible, in her step. “Your… paw.”

“Hey, I’m okay!” She bumped her head against her shoulder. Her paw was lifted, weight shifted off from it. “I just got startled, that’s all. It was some… snake, but Emberhaze took care of it.” (-3% health for cinnamonstick for a paw sprain ━ no herbs or rest needed for her to return to patrol!)

Emberhaze offered a brisk nod. A small, dark snake was looped through his jaws, hanging limp. (+2FP garter snake)

Cinnamonstick chuckled. “It wasn’t his fault. I just… wandered a little farther from his view,” she paused, setting down a mouthful of herbs. “But I got these! Not rosemary, but I think they’re useful!” (+1 chickweed, +1 yarrow)

totals;
    xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat (minnowstrike was also fed!)
    xxxx↳ minnowstrike (10% hunger), cinnamonstick (10% hunger), emberhaze (10% hunger), mothroot (10% hunger)

xxprevious patrol hunger stats; (all fed!)
    xxxx↳ berrysnap (0% hunger), shadowstep (0% hunger), silverpool (0% hunger),
    xxxxdawncry (0% hunger), egg (0% hunger)

xx-3% health for cinnamonstick
    xxxx↳ cinnamonstick (97% health)

xx+136XP → level 2 (241/300XP)
    xx+4FP salmon, +4FP salmon, +2FP minnow, +2FP garter snake
    xx+1 chickweed, +1 yarrow
    xx-1FP bug, -1FP bug, -2FP mouse, -2FP mouse, -2FP shrew (all fed to previous patrollers!)

notes; hello! your bbys are also all so precious, ahh! just in-case you wanted a second pair of eyes, i've also confirmed that all your previous patrol kitties are at 0% hunger! everyone up to the present has been accounted for. <3

your prey inventory looks great as well! i believe you switched some values around and updated it yourself (perfectly fine!)! if you'd like, feel free to change the 3fp rabbit to something of equal value on your prey list! i noticed that rabbits weren't included on your custom list, but if you prefer to keep it there ─ that's perfectly okay too! ^^

THE TRIBE OF FALLEN SONGS !
    user + clan link: mythz + clan archive
    responding to: mythz's last post
    xp stats: [opted-in for death rolls!]
    xx+40XP for writing, + 20XP for patrol sent
    xx+14XP for prey collected, +2XP for herbs found
    The gentle rhythm of paws drumming against the ground was a soothing lullaby. And with the sun warming the small of her back, she could almost fall asleep.

But not yet!

Finch shook herself, willing her eyes open. Maybe her paws did hurt, but at least she had a ride! Her claws curled into Tick’s cinnamon fur, fussing with the loose knots and tangles in his coat. Batting a paw against his short tail, she scrambled up further to his neck, burying her nose in the soft spot between his ears.

“Are we there, yet?” she whispered. “It’s been ages.”

Tick chuckled, shaking his head. “Nope! We’re just getting started.” His head swiveled around to nudge her. “Come on, chin up. The hunters will be out fishing near the shore ━ let’s go watch.”

Her ears perked. “Okay! Wait, what’s that?”

A small blue flash darted across the golden sands, skittering across the beach… but in a weird way. Sideways. Was it hurt? Pinchers rimmed with bright, vibrant blues, snapped at the open air, catching… absolutely nothing. Huh, that wasn’t good.

The creature froze mid-step, dark eyes unblinking. Blue pinchers clacked once, then twice.

“Hold tight,” Tick murmured.

He took a few loping steps forwards, easing close. His whiskers twitched as he lowered himself close to the ground. With a quick breath in, he pounced. His paws trapped the wriggling creature, piercing its thick, blue shell with his claws. Tossing his head, he offered a small grin, holding it up towards her. “It’s a crab. What do you think?” (+3FP blue crab)

She wrinkled her nose, touching a tentative paw to it. “It’s spiky.”

“...many herbs are spiky, too, Finch.” The songwriter popped up along Tick’s side, his long, dark tail swishing in the sands. His head tilted, holding out a pale white flower with a gold center. “You know this one?”

Finch leaned close. “Hmm… chamomile? No, wait.” The leaves were… too green. Chamomile had yellower leaves. Yellower, was that a word? Her ears perked. “Oh, feverfew!” (+1 feverfew)

A soft chuckle escaped Owl’s jaws as he nodded. “Well done, little one.” The tom took a small step back, glancing over his shoulder. “And it looks like the hunters are back, too.

The hunters were drenched, water dripping in waves down their fur. Their sides heaved from exertion as they dragged their fellow catch onto the shores. A large bird cloaked in soft, ivory feathers, boasting of a long, throaty beak. (+4FP pelican)

totals;
    xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ sparrow (10% hunger), robin (10% hunger), owl (10% hunger)
    xxxxthrush (10% hunger), tick (10% hunger), finch (0% hunger)*

xx+76XP → level 1 (228/200XP) → level 2 (28/300XP)
    xx+4FP pelican, +3FP blue crab
    xx+1 feverfew

congrats! you've reached level two and received an additional +1FP (your choice), +1 herb (your choice) and +1 common edit!

notes; hello! i loved reading your explore post ─ their interactions are so wholesome, ahh! your inventory conversions are also perfect!

* as a head's up in case you were curious! finch won't gain/lose any hunger or health as kits don't count towards explore rolls. you are absolutely welcome to bring her on patrol, though! <3

Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nindroidzane » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:06 pm

Breezewhisper blinked at the empty air where the two strange cats had been speaking. That was odd - she hadn't even heard them leave.

She rose to her paws, stretching out her stiff limbs. That she-cat - Rosemary? - seemed to have been right about the winds dying down. She cautiously poked her head out of the hole, ears pricked. The usual low howl of the wind filled her ears, free of its stormy anger, and she felt herself relax. There was no crunch of pawsteps in the snow, though; it seemed those cats had vanished into thin air.

Ducking back into the makeshift den, she collected the remains of the prey, and the strange gift from Fennel. It was about time she headed out, too. She'd been gone with the loner for a while, and Littlekit would be worried.

Breezewhisper padded lightly out of the den, her quarry held awkwardly in her jaws. Should she have left the kit home alone? She mulled over it for a moment, losing herself to her thoughts and the muted songs of the tundra around her.

Littlekit was certainly old enough to be left alone for a while. She'd thought it would be safer than taking her out on the hunt, out into the open snow where predators would be very pleased to find a tiny kitten wandering along behind her. But she hadn't expected to be gone for so long, off chasing after a cat she didn't even get to meet with Fennel. And she hadn't known there was going to be a storm. She had taught the kit what to do in a blizzard, of course. It was an essential skill, even when she'd been a kittypet.

But Littlekit was very small, and many more experienced creatures were often caught in these storms...

Breezewhisper stumbled, feeling a smooth shape underpaw, just under the snow - another egg, it seemed. She nosed it out of the frost. It must have been knocked out of its nest by the strong winds. Standing over the egg for a moment, she tried to push away the lurching, sick feeling that seized her, as if it were some kind of omen.

She shook her pelt out, a thin layer of powdered snow flying from it. Her kit was fine. And she would soon have the warmth of her mother, and a belly full of prey.

As stray flurries fell from the skies, returning to her pelt, she picked up her pace. The items she carried slowed her down a bit, and she wondered whether she should collect her earlier prey now, or head straight home to check on Littlekit. The prey would be even more buried within the snow now. Great. She murmured to herself. Maybe the kit could lend her a paw with looking. It might give her some useful experience.

Breezewhisper decided she would take what she had now and just head home. The rest of the prey could wait a little longer - checking that her only kit was safe was pressing more urgently on her mind.

The journey home seemed longer than when she'd left. She supposed that was probably in part thanks to Fennel, who'd been an interesting companion, and partially due to her mounting anxieties. A tranquil hunt and a small adventure with an eccentric traveller passed the time much more quickly than this long drag home, with her mind having been in a much more pleasant place.

But, fortunately, all of her worries had been for nothing. Littlekit raced out of their snow-hole den, her small pawsteps kicking up a fresh layer of snow as she ran to greet her mother.

Breezewhisper's shoulders sagged slightly, tension melting away like ice in the sun. She set down her prey, turning to give her kit a quick lick on the head.

"You were gone for so long!" Littlekit squeaked, bumping against her legs and sniffing at everything she'd brought home. "I thought you got lost in the storm!"

Purring gently, Breezewhisper sat down and swept the kit up in her tail. "I'm sorry, dear. I had a quick favour to run."

"A favour? Is that what all this is?" Littlekit wiggled free, sniffing at the strange thing Fennel had given her again.

"Yes. I was just helping... a friend." She swept past the kit, tucking the items into their den. Littlekit gasped, stumbling after her.

"A friend? Do I get to meet them?" She prodded at Breezewhisper's legs excitedly. Oh dear.

"I'm sorry, but they're very busy finding someone." She felt the kit droop against her flank, and bit back a twinge of guilt. "But I do have something fun you can help me with."

"Fun?" A bit of hope crept back into the kits voice.

"I need to go find the rest of our prey." She set a paw on the lemming beside them. "It might have all been lost in the snow while I helped our-."

Littlekit's paws scrambled over the snow as she ran past, missing out on her adventure with the strange loner already forgotten.

"Hurry up, mama!" She squeaked back at her, already some ways away. Breezewhisper purred with amusement.

"Wait for me, Littlekit." She called, trotting to catch up. Maybe she'd been wrong to worry the first time - it might be safer with her than home all alone. And by now, most of the predators would be scared off by the storm. At least, they probably would be.

Hopefully.

[ 909 words ]

--inventory
egg | 1 FP | x2
lemming | 2 FP | x2
stoat | 2 FP | x1
herring | 3 FP | x1

honey | soothes sore throats & infections | x1
tansy | treats coughs & heals wounds | x1
catchweed | fastens poultice to wound | x1
stinging nettle | brings down swelling & induces vomiting | x1
thyme | calms cats & eases muscle pain | x1
feverfew | reduces body temp & eases aches | x1
lungwort | cures coughs | x1
deathberries | extremely toxic red berries | x1

--cats on patrol
Breezewhisper | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Littlekit | HP N/A | HUP N/A | Sick: N

ImageImage

none!
-- active quests: none

--level 1
experience: 24
nindroidzane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby I Like Bees » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:39 pm

Hey all!
    Staff have been reviewing a lot of the explore rolls, and a whole bunch of new changes have been added! A lot of these are important, so please make sure to read this full announcement

- An event has started! If you include a tortie/torbie/calico/caliby on your patrol, OR link to a completed entry for a Tortiepocalypse adopt, your chance of finding a random item will increase from 10% to 15%! This boost can only be applied once per post, but there is no limit to how many posts you can make during the event. This event will end September 16th at 23:59 PM Chicken Smoothie time.

- Death opt in now has a higher chance of resulting in death. The previous rolls were very low, so they've been edited to match the risk with the rewards. Additionally, cats who die can now no longer be used in explore, the nursery, or be traded/gifted. All currently opted-in users will be notified and may opt back out immediately; their items will not be revoked. All posts before this announcement will use the old rolls.

- If you leveled up prior to this announcement, you can claim your missed rewards here!

- This page's coding and text have been revamped! The how-to-play post should be much clearer now.

- Please use the new, updated explore code! (Or if you use your own code, please add the new sections!)

- You must link your prey and herb inventory in your explore post now, not somewhere on another thread or offsite!

- Mousespeck's Swaps is now the only place to buy FP and herbs (and sell them for stardust!). She's also holding a weekly sale where you can earn double the stardust/FP for specific herbs!

- And finally, the season has changed to leaf-fall!
    There have been some other minor changes/clarifications to the explore rolls as well, all of which should be explained in the how to play post (which I would highly recommend re-reading)!
I Like Bees

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me