Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby Swishy & Broken » Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:39 pm

Swishy & Broken wrote:

Image©

the current season is leafbare !
Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ⎯⎯⎯ ★ REPLY TWENTY-SIX. )

Postby elliott. » Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:55 pm

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    The sun was shining upon the four cats as they padded along the shoreline, the ground warm beneath their paw pads, which were leaving soft indents in the wet grains. It was an absolutely beautiful day with no clouds plaguing the blue sky, and they wanted to take advantage of it. The better the day, the better the haul after hunting.

Augustine's nose raised to the sky at the faint trace of something familiar in the wind, his ear twitching as he turned to his companions. "There's some washup down the beach. I can smell it. Featherfriend, Lad, come with me. Dough, head into the brush, see if you can find any herbs we can use, or some smaller catches." He directed, glancing at each cat individually before dipping his head and turning away.
    [ + 5FP washup, + 5XP ]

Dough nodded, a small skip in her step as she turned and made her way towards the nearby foliage, practically diving into the brush. Her nose brushed against each piece of grass for the faintest scent of prey. Her ears moved high at the scent of blood, slowly moving her way towards it until her eyes caught upon some scraps, hidden in a fragrant pile of tansy. She assumed another animal had tried to hide their catch with the good-smelling flowers and she let out a proud huff at being able to find it.
    [ + 1FP scraps, + 1 tansy, + 2XP ]

After gathering the prey and the hopefully-helpful herb, she skittered back to her group, ears pulling back as she noticed them talking to an unfamiliar cat. Eyes narrowing warily, she dropped her catch. "Who is this?"

The cat's head turned to look at her, their eyes soft around the edges. "I'm Fennel. Don't worry, I mean you no harm. I was just asking your Clanmates here for some herbs. My kit is sick, and I can't leave her long enough to hunt food to keep her healthy. I promise you, I can bring you back something in return. I wouldn't ask if it wasn't important."
    [ Fennel has asked your group for 2 FP! Will your group choose to give them the FP, or decline? ]

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ★★★ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
XP EARNINGS
death opt out
two free posts left!

00XP for words
10XP for patrol sent
06XP for prey earnings
01XP from herb earnings

FINAL TOTALS & NOTE

[ +00% hunger for patrol +17XP → level 0 (0/100) → level 0 (17/100)]
[ + 5FP washup, + 1FP scraps ] [ + 1 tansy ]
NOTE: hi! welcome to explore! :D just a quick note -- rather than listing your prey and predator list,
you could always just link to the post!
ALSO, i LOVE your cats names, they're so cute pfpf
Last edited by elliott. on Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
elliott.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CobraAsh » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:09 am

Stream Clan
---
[url=link]Last Explore Post[/url]: N/A | [url=link]Last Response Received[/url] N/A

Freckle'Nose walks into the forest ready to find something new. she pads along the trail Ebony and Frostfire not far behind, prepared for anything that could be in store....

[ # words ]

-- cats on patrol
Freckle'Nose | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Ebony | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Frost'fire | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

[size=90]-- custom predators / prey
N/A
-- level 0
experience: 0
-- items in inventory used
N/A
-- active quests:
N/A (linked)
-- opted in to death?
no
if yes, link to opt-in form
-- inventory
prey | 1 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

herb | x0
herb | x0
herb | x0

Please DM/PM me when i get my results i will have no way of knowing if someone responded otherwise
also this is my first explore post idk if im doing it right
Hi :). I do commissions btw people. DM if intrested i do it for cheap.

CobraAsh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Echo Revna » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:31 am

Image Spiritwhisper | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: No
Image Icefire | she/they | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: No
Image Snowdrop | he/they | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: No

Orange, red, and yellow leaves floating peacefully on the glimmering surface of the water outside the caves, soft paws padding silently along beside the gently flowing water, a far off trill from a meadowlark that chose to stay for the colder months. Spiritwhisper and Icefire twitched their ears in the direction the trill hailed from, glancing at each other and then to their left as Snowdrop slunk off to investigate. He turned to blink slowly at them before disappearing in the shadows of dormant undergrowth. Icefire rolled her eyes and muttered, “my brother…” as Spiritwhisper smiled. “Aye, but come on, we promised Mistfeather we’d look for more herbs to stock up before everything dies back.” Icefire nodded and the two continued their trek along the streams edge, as they passed a fork in the stream they veered to the right, to check out a spot of green they could see a few tree lengths away, but it turned out to not be of the useful plant variety. As they made their way back to the stream’s edge a rustling behind them made them whip around, “Chill, it’s just me.” Icefire glared, “Snowdrop! You did that on purpose!” He snorted and raised an eyebrow at Spiritwhisper. She winked at him, “find what you were after?” He shook his head, “Nah, flew off before I got there, wasn’t really after it this time anyway, stupid bird evades me every single time, like it’s got a sixth sense or something, or maybe it can read my mind.” Giggling, Spiritwhisper replied, “Maybe it can, as Mistfeather’s human used to say, ‘anything’s possible,’ and with as dumb as some humans are, that one had a point.” A short pause, “ want to help us look for herbs?” Again, a snort, “Not a chance, ya’ll are no fun when you’re herb gathering, way too focused, they’re just plants.” Icefire swiped the air between them, “Oh, go back to the den then, not like you’re actually doing anything useful anyway.” Snowdrop smirked before rushing past his sister, knocking her to the side in the process. “Snowdrop!!” Icefire shrieked after him. Spiritwhisper sighed, “You can get him back later, for now, let’s keep looking, I hate to see the look of disappointment on Mistfeather’s face if no one is able to bring anything back today.

387 words - shorter than last time, but I'm too tired to keep going, and hey, at least I'm writing again

Level 1
71/200

n/a

none

2x | small rodent | 1FP
1x | small bird | 2FP
1x | bass | 3FP
1x | stick
1x | foxglove seed
1x | coltsfoot
1x | lungwort
1x | wintergreen
1x | rush
1x | burdock root
1x | wild garlic
2x | tansy

No
Echo Revna

Postby EchoIre » Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:39 am

After… everything, Flurry knew she had a lot of apologizing to do. However, she tried to avoid it for as long as she could. Her past was an ugly thing, and the way it made her act was even worse. She was never like this before. Never so cruel to the cats she lived with. Of course, the cats she lived with back then were her family. Didn’t that make it different? Why would these cats care what she did or said? Why did she matter to them beyond her ability to hunt and fight for them?

She was haunted by Rita’s shocked, hurt face. The way Yantar crumpled under her cruel words. Neither cat had met her gaze since the wolf incident. Hardly anyone had. Somehow that made it worse. Kept her up at night.

During one of these long nights, Flurry resolved herself to do… something. How she acted during the wolf incident wasn’t how she wanted to act, not how she wanted to carry herself before her clanmates - hurt feelings or no. She got very little sleep that night.

That morning, Dinara and Rita were scheduled on a dawn patrol to help Willow and Feya gather herbs. Flurry wasn’t on any patrols until sunhigh, but got up just before sunrise anyways. She caught Dinara in the middle of camp, apparently eating before her patrol.

“Dinara.”

The deputy choked on her food and looked up at Flurry, startled. Flurry did her best to maintain a neutral face while Dinara stifled her coughs.

“Yes, Flurry?” The deputy wheezed. She smiled sheepishly at the warrior.

Flurry flicked her ears. “I’d like to take your place on the dawn patrol today.”

“Oh!” Dinara’s eyes widened. “Uh… I’m not sure.” She looked away. “Willow really needs me and Rita to help them, since Leafbare is coming. They wanted to gather all they could.”

“I can take Rita.” She thought for a moment. “If you would allow it.”

At last, Dinara got serious. The sheepish uncertainty drained from her face, replaced by stern protectiveness. She didn’t trust her. Good, Flurry thought. Maybe there was some hope for her yet.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea.” Dinara’s voice was all but openly hostile. Why did she care so much about Rita? They weren’t actually family. What did it matter? They were all just doing this to survive anyways.

Or because a dead cat told them to. Flurry still didn’t know what to make of the cats who claimed that.

“I wanted to apologize to her. I… didn’t mean for that to get out in front of her.” Flurry couldn’t hold Dinara’s gaze any longer and looked away. “She’s too young to hear things like that.”

Dinara remained silent. Flurry drew in a deep breath and looked back up to the deputy. “I wanted to apologize to you, too. I should never have spoken to you that way, I just-” Panicked. “...-got lost in what was happening. I’m sorry.” She dipped her head.

Again, Dinara did not speak. Flurry kept her head bowed. Just as shame was beginning to prickle under her fur, the deputy finally broke her silence.

“I understand.”

Flurry’s eyes widened. Slowly, she raised her head to look at Dinara. The she-cat met her gaze evenly. Dinara was smiling. Why was she smiling?

“I’m proud of you, Flurry.” Dinara reached forward and placed one of her paws over Flurry’s. “We were worried about you.”

Hollowness buzzed in Flurry’s head. Why would they care?

“I think it would be good for you to take Rita on patrol today,” Dinara continued, returning her paw to under her chest. “Only if she’s okay with it, though. I won’t make her hear you.”

Flurry nodded. “I understand.”

“Good.” Dinara hummed. She stood, stretched, and turned to the warrior. “Let’s go find her then.”

~

They found Rita sitting outside the apprentices' den, grooming her fur before the patrol. She perked up when she noticed Dinara arrived, only to visibly flinch when she spotted Flurry at her side. Despite herself, that actually pulled at Flurry’s heart. Still, she kept an even face as the apprentice trotted over to them.

“Good morning.” Rita’s voice was more clipped than was typical of her cheery self. “Is… Flurry going to be coming along with us?” The apprentice looked between the two older cats.

Dinara and Flurry shared a glance. “No…” Dinara drew the word out. “Flurry and I would like to switch patrols. She can go with you and Idalia, or you can come with me on the sunhigh patrol. The choice is yours.”

Rita glanced at Flurry. The young cat caught her eye for a second before quickly turning away. “Can I go with you?” She asked, looking up at Dinara. “I… want to get more sleep, anyways.”

Flurry tried not to show their disappointment. Dinara smiled softly at the ginger apprentice. “Alright. You go back to sleep then.” She leaned down to press her nose to the smaller cat’s forehead. “I’ll get you just before sunhigh.”

“Okay.” Rita leaned up to press her forehead against Dinara’s cheek. When she pulled away, she glanced at Flurry. “Bye…” And then scampered back into the apprentices’ den.

The entire scene made Flurry’s heart ache. They were so kind to each other. Why? They met less than six moons ago.

How?

Dinara turned to Flurry, offering her a slight frown. “I’m sorry.”

Flurry flicked her ears. “It’s okay. I understand.” How was she supposed to go about this? She never anticipated her soft, squishy clanmates not even wanting to hear her apology. Maybe it was for the best; what was she supposed to say, anyway? This was… so far beyond anything Flurry ever was. Anything she ever thought she would be.

She turned away from the apprentices’ den. “I’m going to go catch up with Willow.” She paused. “Thank you, Dinara.”

“Of course.”

Flurry drew in a deep breath and let it out before leaving.

~

Willow and Feya, like Rita, were waiting outside for Dinara to come join them. Willow quirked an eyebrow at Flurry as she approached.

“Good morning, Flurry.” Willow dipped her head to the warrior.

“Morning Flurry!” Feya chirped from her side. “Have you seen Dinara and Rita?”

Flurry dipped her head to the two cats before responding. “I have. Though, I’ll be taking their place today.”

“Oh.” Willow blinked. Feya deflated some, but perked back up quickly. “Is everything okay?”

“Everything is fine.” Flurry did her best not to snap. “I just… had trouble sleeping. Needed something to do.”

“Well, you’ll certainly have you wish.” Willow’s voice had a teasing lilt to it. “We need to gather whatever we can before the freeze.”

“It’s coming soon.” Feya added. There was a wisdom in her voice that felt strange paired with her youth. “I can feel it.”

Flurry’s gaze was drawn to the apprentice’s unblinking eyes. “...Right.” She turned away. “Should we get going then?”

“Oh, absolutely.” Willow stood. “You’re welcome to hunt if you find anything, but please stick close to us and focus on herbs. There are other warriors to hunt: for herbs, there’s only us.”

Flurry nodded. “Lead the way.”

With that, Willow led the small patrol out of camp - Feya striding happily at her side and Flurry lagging behind with her head held low. Shame prickled under her pelt as she passed by the dens her clanmates were sleeping in. Were they really that upset with her? Why did she care so much?

How could she fix this?

[ 1,253 words ]

-- cats on patrol
Flurry | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Willow | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Feya | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

-- custom predators / prey
Custom list here!
-- level 4
experience: 122/500 + 405
Duck (4FP) - Used on Flurry
Whitefish (4FP) - Used on Damir, Frost, Briar, and Idalia
Lemming (1FP) - Used on Aspen

Mallow Leaves - Used on Aspen
-- active quests:
n/a
-- opted in to death?
Yes
-- inventory
Spinebug | 1 FP | x1
Frog | 2 FP | x2
Chipmunk | 2 FP | x1
Duck | 4 FP | x2 (Second)
Shrew | 2 FP | x1

Lungwort | usage | x2
Catchweed | usage | x1
Chamomile | usage | x1
Willow Bark | usage | x1
Alder Bark | usage | x1
Stick | usage | x1
Borage | usage | x1

Cobwebs | usage | x1
Deathberries | poison | x1
Tansy | usage | x1
Raspberry Leaves | usage | x1
Poppy Seeds | pain relief | x1
Last edited by EchoIre on Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
EchoIre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thelabradorr » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:41 am

archive | last explore post | last response received

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

the dirt began to pack itself tightly under elena's claws as she dug for the herb and tiny,
disgusting creatures. scrunching up her face as she collected her findings, elena shuddered at the touch
and feel of the tiny bugs, but hey, at least the parsley smelt nice, right? "hey guide,"
she scoffed to the blinded cat as she plopped her newly found treasures at the guide's feet,"two disgusting
bug creatures and some parsley, are you pleased now
?" elena was still a bit stunned the guide so easily had
asked her, a princess of the tower, to dig around in the dirt like some low regular. however, elena wanted
to go home so she would do whatever it took.

gypsy knew asking the princess to dig around in the dirt was a risky move, but if they all wanted to complete their
patrol it would take a considerable amount of effort from each of the new formed team. the lack of sight she
bared meant she would have to rely on the other two in her party to do anything that required sight, which made her
feel as if she was a burden upon them. however, she was directly selected by the tower and the stars to become a guide -
so if there was something she needed to see, the tower would grant her the ability to. just like when she first entered
the patrol area, the tower had granted her the quick ability of sight to see who she was being accompanied by, it was in
quick flashes but her vivid memory had now stored their faces into her mind.

the guide's inner thoughts were interrupted by the princess bombarding over to her to inform her that her digging job
had been completed and was successful in finding what gypsy had prompted her to find."hm, I would be
more pleased if you referred to me as gypsy instead of guide
," she softly said, collecting the things the princess
had presented her with,"since that is my name you know."

tick was doing his best to ignore the two she-cats as they toyed back and forth with each other, almost as a test to see
which one was more superior or whatever she-cats do. he had collected a bird for the patrol group when gypsy, his new
guide, had kindly asked him to. his confusion lingered the entire time as he completed his task though, how in the world
did a blinded she-cat become a guide if the whole job was to lead people in the tower. "eh, whatever,
questioning the tower always ended in more problems then solutions
," he grumbled to himself before gently picking
up the bird and returning to the party.

dropping the bird at the guide's feet, he lifted his head to stare into the glazed over eyes of hers, they were intriguing
with star-like pupils that gleamed from the little bit of sunlight that warmed the group. "the bird has
been collected
," he nodded to the two she-cats smiling slightly to make himself seem as little of a threat to
elena as possible. the princess was beautiful, but incredibly scary and seemed very over-bearing - so tick decided to
play it as cool as he could to not cause any unnecessary problems for himself.

elena winced at the bird that was dropped beside her,"ew tick you almost got that on my paws!"
she hissed at the tom for being so careless about throwing around prey like he had done. however, when she turned to
face him to begin really giving him an earful about how rude his actions were, she stopped and looked at the tom, really
looked. his coat and features were soft and he had positioned himself in very nonthreating way, dare she admit to herself,
for a regular he made even be a tad bit decent looking.

[ 643 words ]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

-- cats on patrol
gypsy | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: n
elena | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: n
tick | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: n

-- notes
- hopefully everything I entered for inventory is correct!
- font used
-- level 1
experience: 112/200xp
n/a
-- active quests:
n/a
-- opted in to death?
yes/no
-- inventory
bugs | 1 FP | x2
mouse | 2 FP | x1
bird | 4 FP | x1

parsley | x1
catmint | x1
thelabradorr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby woes » Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:15 pm

// ( accepting an extra bugs for our bonus fp from leveling up! )
// edited to fix formatting.

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐥𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐅𝐨𝐠 .*⋆ ArchiveLast postLast response
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Gorgeous little things, he thought to himself as he gathered together the fireflies...

The near-full moon guided his pawsteps, and he kept his eyes trained forwards, glancing around every which way for anything of interest. Though he of course kept an ear out for any tell-tale scuttling sounds of prey wandering the woods tonight, he was more focused on getting used to his surroundings, and of finding a place to settle. He dreamed of founding a beautiful clan- one where every cat looked after the other, where no one went hungry or was left ill. He dreamed of having a place to call his own, somewhere safe to return each night.

And oh, how he dreamed of friends, and company, and of family and love and laughter.

Though the moon shone brightly, the stars were all blotted out by clouds, and Crowstar could almost pretend the moon was watching over it, just as lonely yet determined as it was. A gentle, constant noise hit its ears, and it looked up to the moon before setting off to find the source.

It slowly made its way down a steep hill, focusing all of its attention on not slipping against the damp leaves. The fog that always lingered here made everything a bit harder to traverse, and the humidity clung to its fur, making each movement feel just a bit awkward. But it wouldn't trade this place for the world, heavy fog and all- there was comfort to be had in the way the dew dappled its pelt and reflected the moonlight, shining like little stars as it walked. Here, in this forest, it felt closer to its starry ancestors than ever before. It could endure some slippery leaves to feel so deeply honored.

As he made his way down, he found himself coming up onto a sandy bank, finding the source of the white noise he'd been drawn to. A little creek ran down a shore of sand and small stones, diving two hills. He stopped to take a drink, admiring the moon's reflection in the water. Perhaps in the daytime, he could find fish here... but his vision was surely too bad to find any now, with only one good eye. He walked down the bank for some time, kicking little pebbles along with his paws, until suddenly the world grew darker and colder...

Looking up, he found large trees looming over him, blocking out the moonlight. The fog seemed to dissipate, replaced instead by an unkind wind. Odd... What was this place? His instincts told him to turn back, but something deep within him urged him forwards- Perhaps there was something to be found here?

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    word count: 446

[ .*⋆ 𝐏𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥 ]
    Crowstar | He / It | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Not Sick
    ⋆ ...
    ⋆ ...
[ .*⋆ 𝐂𝐥𝐚𝐧 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐬 ]
    Level 1 - 17/200 exp.
    Not opted in to death.
    No custom predators / prey.
[ .*⋆ 𝐈𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 ]
    ⋆ Prey: 3 x bugs (1fp).
    ⋆ Herbs: 1 bindweed, 1 sorrel, 1 horsetail, 1 raspberry leaves.
[ .*⋆ 𝐈𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐬 𝐔𝐬𝐞𝐝 ]
    N/a.
[ .*⋆ 𝐀𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐬 ]
    N/a.
Last edited by woes on Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
woes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ⎯⎯⎯ ★ REPLY TWENTY-SEVEN. )

Postby elliott. » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:51 pm

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    The pointed cat stood up from his place among the sunflowers, stretching out her legs to wash any bits of sleep off of him. Taking a large look around, she spent a moment to really take in the scenery, enjoying the way that the sun seemed to illuminate the long flowers all around him. It was truly a beautiful place, one that she was happy to be able to call home.

Tawnystar was distracted from his sightseeing by the grumbling of his stomach, reminding her that she was yet to have breakfast. He mused for a second about his daydreaming before starting to make his way down the hill to hopefully find something. Halfway down the hill, her foot clanked against something, sending her flying face-first into the ground. His air was knocked out of his lungs, and he took a moment to collect himself before standing up, turning and looking at what had left her stumbling on the ground. At the sight of a pretty rock, his head tilted in curiosity, sniffing it. Once her stomach growled again, she simply grabbed it, knowing she could wait until later to look at it.
    [ + 1 common myo, + 1XP ]

He had only gotten halfway down the hill when the scent of a rabbit brushed against his nose, causing him to duck into the large stalks of sunflowers. Creeping forward, he heard the soft rustling of the rabbit skittering around. Belly brushing against the ground, she waited until the rabbit had stopped moving before sprinting forward, catching the rodent by surprise and swiftly killing it. Taking a moment to celebrate the kill, he thanked whoever was listening before grabbing his kill, taking it back towards his nest.
    [ + 4FP rabbit, + 4XP ]

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ★★★ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
XP EARNINGS
death opt out
two free posts left!

00XP for words
10XP for patrol sent
04XP for prey earnings
01XP for finding a common myo

FINAL TOTALS & NOTE

[ +00% hunger for patrol +15XP → level 0 (0/100) → level 0 (15/100)]
[ + 4FP rabbit ] [ + 1 common myo ]
NOTE: welcome to explore! hope i did tawnystar justice :D
Last edited by elliott. on Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
elliott.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moonlight heavens » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:00 am

I want to risk death!
Username: Moonlight Heavens
Clan link:Tribe Of Hissing Waters
Moonlight heavens

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moonlight heavens » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:07 am

xxxImage
Tribe Of Hissing Waters
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received
───────────────────┐

As the trio ventured further into the swamp's labyrinth, the air hung heavy with the scent of damp earth and the symphony of nocturnal creatures. The murkiness of the swamp embraced them, each step muffled by the soft carpet of moss beneath their paws.

As the patrol progressed, ScaleSage's serpent companion, SecretKeeper, remained coiled around his neck. The plains garter snake's eyes, small and observant, mirrored its master's vigilance. Occasionally flickering his tounge to taste the air.

ScaleSage gestured for the patrol to halt, and PuffAdder crouched low, her energy now channeled into a poised stillness. A rustling in the underbrush caught their attention, and ScaleSage's ears swiveled towards the sound. PuffAdder's keen eyes followed suit, and with a subtle nudge from ScaleSage, she gracefully descended into the brush.

As PuffAdder disappeared into the shadows, the night seemed to hold its breath. ScaleSage remained motionless, his senses finely tuned to the subtlest of sounds. The small squeak of prey and the rustling of grass echoed in the swamp's embrace. Moments later, PuffAdder emerged, a victorious gleam in her eyes, a mouse clutched in her jaws.

The triumphant moment, however, was marred by a subtle but noticeable streak of crimson on PuffAdder's cheek. ScaleSage, ever observant, noticed the injury and furrowed his brow. "PuffAdder? What happened to your face?"

PuffAdder, ever the spirited warrior, smiled brightly as she flicked her tail. "I accidentally sliced my cheek with a rock on the way for the kill. But it’s fine! It’s just a scratch!"

ScaleSage's response was measured, Injuries can be exploited by both prey and potential intruders. However.. I think it whould be fine if we continued our patrol. Just be sure to clean the scratch once we return to camp"

PuffAdder, undeterred by the minor setback, responded with a determined nod. Face all smiles as she licked her paw and cleaned the blood.

The patrol delved deeper into the heart of the swamp, ScaleSage's thoughts drifted to the ancient lore of The Tribe of Hissing Waters, whispered tales passed down through generations... Absentmindedly he began to recount some of the stories, that one of the Wise Serpents shared with him. Namely their elders...

"The swamp holds secrets older than time itself," ScaleSage began, his voice low and reverent, echoing through the dense foliage. "Legend has it that our ancestors were chosen by the spirits of the swamp to be its guardians, tasked with preserving its mysteries and protecting its inhabitants."

PuffAdder's ears followed his voice with keen intrest as she matched his stride. "You may have heard whispers of the Serpent's Whisper," ScaleSage continued, casting a glance towards his spirited companion. "It is said that BasiliskStar's ability to communicate with the serpents of the swamp, was a gift that was bestowed upon her by the ancient spirits."

"Furthermore," ScaleSage continued, his eyes gleaming "our clan's bond with the serpents runs deeper than mere communication. Silvertongue's mother, KeenEyes, was a wise serpent who raised BasiliskStar alongside her own hatchlings. From her, BasiliskStar learned the secrets of the swamp, forging a bond that transcended species and shaped her into the leader we know today."

PuffAdder pondered over his words, her mind in awe as the deputy shared the story. BasiliskStar... Was raised by Serpents? But how... And why? Truth be told she never truly knew BasiliskStar's true origin. Perhaps it was wise was the swamp's whispering awnser. For even her own clan didn't know the leader's dark background. And the lengths she is willing to go to when her clan, her kits, her legacy and territory is threatened.

One day little Serpents.. You shall know the true story of her origins and the dark tale of the eradicated clan that BasiliskStar herself took part in. If only...

[624 # words ]

───────────────────┘
-- cats on patrol
ScaleSage |He/him| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
PuffAdder |She/her |HP 100% |HUP 0%| Sick: N

-- custom predators / prey
🐍~Clicky

xxxImageImagexxImage
-- level 2
experience: 4/300
Willow Leaves.