Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

004- tideclan

Postby peachpit. » Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:46 am

« 𝐭 𝐢 𝐝 𝐞 𝐜 𝐥 𝐚 𝐧 ! »
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
last explore post |last response| archive | level 1 | 90/200 exp | 633 words | prey list | not opted in for death
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

After a long day of searching for Gullcry, Sandstar couldn’t think of a better way to end the night. Surrounded by the shrill laughter of apprentices and kits weaving through the limbs of warriors, the soft chatter of cat’s sharing tongue, the decadent smell of prey from a long day of hunting, she could not hold back a soft purr rumbling in her throat. The sky above the beach, now dark with no trace of the sun’s unbearable heat, was clear and the stars were bright. Starclan must be watching over us tonight, she thought to herself triumphantly. Her mind began to wander to her mother and father. It had only been a couple moons after their untimely death, an unfortunate encounter with a shark. The same encounter happened to be the one which thrusted her into being the new leader. You see, her mother and father were the leader and deputy of the clan. An inseparable duo, Oceanstar and Mousetuft raised her while they both did their duties, so Sandstar was able to lead her own patrols as an apprentice. After her success in apprenticehood, she was the obvious choice as who was next in line to be leader from the elder warriors. Her appointment as leader has upset the younger warriors of the clan, seeing as she’s only 26 moons, and was often given special privileges from her parents because they simply adored her.

Sandstar had not realized how lost in thought she was until a voice broke her out of the trance. “U- uh… s-sorry to interrupt Sandstar.” It was Gullcry, looking awfully sheepish with a fat fish at his feet. “I- I just wanted to bring this over to you, as a thank you of sorts.” The pale tom grinned at her shyly, nudged this fish over to where she happened to be sitting. Sandstar purred, “Thank you, Gullcry. Why don’t we share it? It’s been a long day.” Gullcry and Sandstar laid in the sand, admiring the calm ocean and the joyous clan in front of them as they shared the fish.

The feast and festivities lingered long into the night, the elders the first to call it a night. After the kits and apprentices had all gone to bed, the warriors played games and shared tongues late into the night. Bellies full, and spirits raised, Tideclan slept peacefully through the night.

─────────────

The humid air chilled as morning broke, causing a draft to travel through the long hallways of the cave Tideclan called home. After a long night, it seemed everyone was reluctant to get the day going, even Sandstar. But alas, patrols still must be sent and it happened to be Sandstar’s duty until a new deputy was chosen.

Nestled in her bed of moss, the molly slept peacefully, unreachable by the cold draft that had stirred the rest of the clan from their slumbers. Eyes fluttering open, she squinted against the pale light of the leader’s den and picked up her shapely head, a yawn parting her sand-color muzzle revealing two rows of pointed enamel and a sandpaper tongue. Getting up to her paws, the young molly stretched the sleep from her tense limbs before padding out of her den.

As she assigned leaders for patrols, Sandstar couldn’t resist going out on a solo patrol herself. It had been moons since she had last been out on one, and felt excitement deep in her stomach. If there was one thing that she missed about not being the leader, it was the lack of responsibility and constant solo patrolling. She had sent the other patrols into the jungle to mark the border, and decided she was patrolling the beach on her lonesome. After having a light meal for breakfast, she set off on her solo patrol.

𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲
mouse | 1 FP | x2
minnow | 1 FP | x2
lizard | 1 FP | x1
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

borage | x1
parsley | x1
chervil | x1
lovage | x1
fennel | x1
𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥
sandstar | she/her| HP 100% | HUP 0% | sick: n
cat name/link | pronouns | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: Y/N

𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐬
no active quests
𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐬 𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝
no items used
peachpit.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ⊱── 20. [august explore replies] ! )

Postby faelyn » Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:58 am

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
Imagexxpeaceclan !
─────────────── ✧

original level stats ✧ level 6 (157/800)
new level stats ➔ level 6 (194/800) --
----------------------------------------------
• • • • x 10% hunger for the patrol
────────────────┘

“hello, darling.” stars… the stranger was a witch. she was truly, utterly a witch.
    upon her head, a cornet of burnished honeysuckle and freckles of liquid roses adorned her midnight curls. but there was something else about those liquid roses. for they bloomed with the perfume of iron and its sheer minerality, trickling down the witch’s cheek.
    but it wasn’t roses… no, no, no -- it was blood. it was blood. the heartbreakingly and overwhelming kiss of horror rushed and crystallized in hazel’s veins, causing the very ivory of her bones to lock up and fall apart all at once.

“leo?” ever-so daintily honeyed, the witch’s voice was singsong, as if she had stolen the voice of a lark and swallowed it whole. “it’s time for our first surprise.”

porcelain features shimmered from the ebony dark, still marred by a blushing scar-- but this time, it was no longer fresh. “yes, my lady.” and with a flourish, liquid roses showered down on the patrol, tangy and metallic with the scent of iron. it was raining eagle blood. “shall i release the monster?”
    (+5fp [eagle], +5exp)

“why… of course, darling.” a grin fabricated with foxglove sweet venom enthralled the amused turn of her lips. “release my lovely friend.”

an enthralling, horrific snarl reverbrated from the dancing shadows, unveiling a set of indigo eyes freckled with crimson. the monster emerged from the ebony dark, bits of flora clinging to its raven tresses. its fuchsia tongue flicked from its maw, tasting the air tainted with honeysuckle and… blood.
    (+1 sorrel, +1 tormentil, +2exp)

“have fun, my darling friends.” blowing a kiss, the lovers were swept away in a whirlwind of ash and decaying stardust.

it clicked then.
    “run! to the fish hole!” stumbling into a knot of flora, the rosy beat of her heart was too loud in hazel's ears. “wash off the blood! the beast is attracted to the blood!”
    but it was too late.
    (-10% health for hazel, no posts of rest required)

as if her taste of flesh had cast a lavender haze of enchantment upon the monster, it took a blink -- just a blink. and like the two lovers of roses and rot, the monster was also swept away in a whirlwind of ash and decaying stardust.
    (border skirmish completed! +5exp for completed battle)
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
✧ 15 exp
✧ 010 exp
✧ 005 exp
✧ 000 exp
✧ 037 exp
writing exp
patrol exp
event exp
added exp
total exp
✧ 005 exp
✧ 002 exp
✧ 000 exp
✧ yes/noo
✧ 000 left
food exp
herb exp
item exp
opt-in exp
free posts?

fp earned ✧ 5fp ───
level reward ✧ 6 → 6
• [n/a reward earned]
• [n/a reward earned]
• [n/a reward earned]
herbs earned ✧ +2
• [+ sorrel ─────]
• [+ tormentil ──-]
• [n/a item earned]
• [n/a item earned]
user + clan ✧ coffee.berry
postsuser / writer-xx
items earned ✧ +0──xx
• [n/a reward earned]xx
• [n/a reward earned]xx

faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ⊱── 21. [august explore replies] ! )

Postby faelyn » Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:11 pm

x
x
x
Imagexxtideclan !
─────────────── ✧

original level stats ✧ level 1 (090/200)
new level stats ➔ level 1 (137/200) --
----------------------------------------------
• • • • x 0% hunger for the patrol
────────────────┘
    the fragrance of the seas beyond was of salt and the ripening of citrus fruit, it writhed in the hush, sprouting and unfurling until it was it full bloom in the air. but beneath the tangy kiss of fruit maturing on an island breeze, there was the sweet perfume of the earth’s breath, bringing to life soft, vigorous greens into wilting leaves and awaking an iridescent beetle.
    (+1 stinging nettle, +1 broom , +1 deathberries, +1 mallow leaves, +1fp (bugs), 5exp)

and upon the periwinkle lap of waves, rode yet another little stained bottle. frowning a bit, she wandered close, dainty paws twisting the cork top and inside were twin gemstones.. and a note.
    (+1 common myo, +1 boon of fertility, +2exp)

can you smell us?
    (rogues have been scented outside the border! does the patrol confront or ignore them?)
✧ 040 exp
✧ 010 exp
✧ 000 exp
✧ 000 exp
✧ 047 exp
writing exp
patrol exp
event exp
added exp
total exp
✧ 001 exp
✧ 004 exp
✧ 002 exp
✧ yes/noo
✧ 000 left
food exp
herb exp
item exp
opt-in exp
free posts?

fp earned ✧ 1fp ───
level reward ✧ 1 → 1
• [n/a reward earned]
• [n/a reward earned]
• [n/a reward earned]
herbs earned ✧ +4
• [+ stinging nettle]
• [+ broom--────]
• [+ deathberries─]
• [+ mallow leaves]
user + clan ✧ peachpit.
postsuser / writer-xx
items earned ✧ +2──xx
• [+1 common myo-─]
• [+1 boon of fertility]xx

faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby crexmii » Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:59 pm

𝐬𝐨𝐟𝐭𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐧 !!
last explore post? | last response received?

©

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
╒═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╕
“ow..” sundrop hissed. “cursed ants! they bit me..”
glowpaw worriedly inspected sundrop’s wounds. “they seem okay to me.
I don’t think they’re that bad that I need to heal you.”

sundrop just shrugged glowpaw’s words off and continued searching the bushes. where were all the herbs?
why wasn’t there anything at all?

sundrop glared down at the goldenrod leaves, staring at the wilted stems.
“um…sundrop? are you..okay?” glowpaw asked softly.

“no, not when I can’t find a single herb!” she snapped, plucking a dead goldenrod stem and crushing it into pieces.

“woah, sundrop, calm down! don’t start ripping up all the goldenrod!” glowpaw yowled,
looking anxiously back and forth to sundrop and the goldenrod shrub.

the remains of the ant colony were crushed under sundrop’s paw, stray ants skittering and panicking,
searching for their queen.

“let’s go, glowpaw. maybe the river will have some better herbs growing.” sundrop muttered,
flicking her tail in annoyance.

glowpaw reluctantly followed, his light pawsteps the complete opposite of sundrop’s,
crushing the newly fallen leaves in frustration.

the two healers padded softly over to the crystalline river, sunlight glittering on the water, turning it silver.
it seemed almost an ethereal sight, especially with the cool, gentle wind that came with newleaf blossoms.

tiny silver fish darted in and out amongst the underwater plants, a tempting catch for any warrior.
but they were here to forage, not hunt.

sundrop couldn’t help but notice glowpaw staring at the fish in the water, their movements producing little ripples.

“will you come over here so I can get some help with gathering herbs?” sundrop sternly mewed.
glowpaw turned to his mentor and blinked apologetically. “sorry, sundrop, it’s just I kind of wanted to hunt those fish.”

those words made sundrop angrier, but she sighed and managed to mew quite calmly, “listen, glowpaw,
if you want to go back to being a warrior, you can. no cat is stopping you.”

glowpaw’s eyes widened and he stuttered quickly, “wait…nonono. I want to stay a medicine cat. it’s just…
I kind of miss warrior training. i thought it would be cool if I could both hunt and heal.”

sundrop mewed bluntly, “well, you can only choose one, unfortunately.”

glowpaw just blinked several times, and slowly padded over to assist sundrop.

the new blooms of tansy were abundant in this particular bush, but all much too young to pick.
sundrop really couldn’t help but growl, “come on! calythea, why is herb gathering so hard this moon?
most of the herbs are either too young or shriveled up and dead!”

she spat at the ground. at that moment, glowpaw mewed hopefully, “um…sundrop, what about here?
want to try there instead?” he pointed his tail towards a small shrub.

sundrop reluctantly padded over to the shrub. she didn’t exactly like being told what to do by her apprentice.

although she might be exaggerating. he was simply pointing out another possible place, suggesting.

why did her mind have to be so paranoid and angry like this sometimes?

“okay, you check for herbs. I’ll collect the moss if there is any.”

╘══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╛
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

[ #665 words ]

[notes :: okay sorry sorry but this one was quite uneventful hhh + removed the stuff from my inv already! ^^]

-- cats on patrol
sundrop | she / her | HP 95% | HUP 0% | Sick: No

glowpaw | he / him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: No

-- custom predators / prey? n/a
-- level 1
experience: 144/200
-- items in inventory used
none
-- active quests:
none
-- opted in to death?
no
[left][quote]-- inventory
[size=80]
scraps | 1 FP | x1
bugs | 1 FP | x5
mouse| 2 FP | x1
prey | 2 FP | x0
squirrel | 3 FP | x2
prey | 3 FP | x0
bird | 4 FP | x1

cobweb | x1
herb | x0
herb | x0
Last edited by crexmii on Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
the council shall decide your fate
stars! ⛅️ wind reapers! ⛅️ wind reapers archive
ImageImageImage Image
crexmii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❄ ── 013.

Postby echo into void » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:08 am

── SNOWCLAN
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
last explore post; xxxxxxxxxxxxxlast response; xxxxxxxxxxxxxopted in to death; xxx
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

↳ level three;
    ‣ 188/400
    ↳ active quests;
    ‣ none
    ↳ cats on patrol;
    darkfire ◦ she/her ◦ hunger: 30% ◦ health: 80% ◦ sick: no
    ↳ items used;
    ‣ none

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

herbs;
    ‣ borage leaves ◦ brings down fevers ⤅ x1
    ‣ burnet ◦ gives strength ⤅ x1
    ‣ celandine ◦ soothes weakened or damaged eyes ⤅ x1
    ‣ chervil ◦ for infected wounds and bellyache ⤅ x1
    ‣ chickweed ◦ treats greencough ⤅ x1
    ‣ coltsfoot ◦ eases breathing or kitten-cough ⤅ x1
    ‣ juniper berries ◦ soothes bellyaches ⤅ x1
    ‣ lavender ◦ cures fever and chills ⤅ x1
    ‣ lovage ◦ help cure coughs ⤅ x2
    ‣ mallow leaves ◦ cures bellyache ⤅ x1
    ‣ mint ◦ hides scent of death ⤅ x1
    ‣ mouse bile ◦ kills ticks ⤅ x1
    ‣ poppy seeds ◦ helps with sleep ⤅ x1
    ‣ ragwort ◦ treats aching joints ⤅ x1
    ‣ stinging nettle ◦ helps with wounds ⤅ x1
    ‣ sweet-sedge ◦ eases infection ⤅ x1
    prey;
    ‣ scraps ◦ 1FP ⤅ x3
    ‣ bugs ◦ 1FP ⤅ x5
    ‣ mouse ◦ 2FP ⤅ x1
    ‣ vole ◦ 2FP ⤅ x1

darkfire patrolled the borders of her territory with graceful stealth. her sleek, dark fur blended seamlessly with the shadows of the night, allowing her to move undetected among the trees. the cool breeze carried scents of familiar prey and the comforting presence of her clanmates, further reinforcing darkfire's devotion to her home.

as she marked the boundary with her scent, a strange aroma wafted towards her sensitive nose. it was a scent she had never encountered before. the fur on her spine bristled with curiosity and caution. darkfire paused, her emerald eyes narrowing as her ears swiveled in the direction of the foreign scent.

she knew her duty was to protect snowclan from any potential threat. with a mix of anticipation and apprehension, darkfire ventured cautiously toward the border where the scent grew stronger. she followed it carefully, her pawsteps silent on the forest floor.

the strange aroma infiltrated her nostrils, zigzagging through the air. darkfire couldn't ignore it. she was intrigued by the scent of an unfamiliar cat, and her instincts urged her to investigate. but finding a rogue cat just outside of her clan's territory could mean trouble, and darkfire knew she had to be cautious.

patiently, she followed the elusive scent, skillfully navigating through the dense undergrowth and avoiding detection. the smell grew stronger with every step, leading her deeper into the sprawling forest that bordered the territory.

as darkfire ventured deeper into the woods, the scent abruptly vanished. perplexed, she halted and lowered herself to the ground, her muscles coiled, ready to pounce at a moment's notice. she remained still, listening intently for any sound that might reveal the rogue cat's hiding place.

she was determined to find the source of the scent this rogue cat was leaving behind.

[ 293 words ]

note; thank you so much for clarifying! i've fixed the stats in my clan archive :)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
echo (they/them)
snowclan wermz
the sanctuary
currently: happy holidays!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x
echo into void

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

elmclan explore post -- 006

Postby ethium » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:33 am

(( 𝐄𝐋𝐌𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐍
    𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄 ─
    ─── 𝟎𝟎𝟔 ))
━━━━━━━━━━━ 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐎 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐄𝐋𝐒𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓, ━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐙𝐄𝐍 𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐒 ━━
𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈 𝐖𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━ '𝐂𝐀𝐔𝐒𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐃𝐈𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐖 ━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
elmclan - last post: 4/14 - last response: 5/22 - word count: 1,933 words
xxxxxroll for death: yes - used inventory: x2 mouse (1 fp), x1 rabbit (4 fp)
xxxxxlevel: 3 (350/400)
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

xxhehhe
      Wolfpaw held his breath, watching the badger disappear. A cheer went up behind him as his patrol celebrated. Wolf trembled, his eyes alight with adrenaline, he looked across the river and watched as fireflies winked away slowly. Ravendust, celebrating with them.

Thank you, Father.

“Morning take it. Accept it into your fields, that it might roam the burrows of tomorrow and warm its pelt under your eternal sun.” Herringpace stepped up beside him, directing his gaze downstream, his voice breaking his contemplation.

“Let it find rest, where none was found and be at peace.” Wolf swallowed his voice, allowing Herring to finish the blessing. It was a badger in their territory, a formidable threat that did not belong on this side of the woods- but Wolf still felt bad for sending the creature to it’s doom for only existing. May Morning’s Light have more mercy than I. Wolfpaw turned to look at Herringpace, the old tom seemed lost in thought.

“Catmint for your thoughts?” he asked after a beat of silence. Herring hummed softly, pondering. “You are a gentle soul Wolfpaw. Do not lose that kindness.” Wolf blinked. “I don’t intend to.” Herringpace dipped his head in acknowledgment.

“Will you lead us back home, patrol leader?” Wolfpaw nodded. “Then I will retire for the vigil.” Herring said nothing in return, but Wolf noted the way his ears dipped slightly. The patrol returned home.

[ I am feeding wolfpaw 1fp (mouse) x2. Cinderspeck, Hickorypelt, Herringpace, & Myrtlesmudge shared a rabbit (4 fp, 1 fp for each). Items have already been removed from my inventory c: ]

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ [ ✦ ] ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

News of Wolfpaw’s patrol victory had spread like wildfire and congratulations were given to him at every turn. He felt a bit overwhelmed, especially because he had intended to return to camp in silence and then hold vigil over Ravendust. An activity that did not involve so many cats in his space. His fellow apprentices were on him in seconds, chattering excitedly and grinning, telling him that he was sure to have his warrior name now. Wolfpaw didn’t want his warrior name, because Ravendust wouldn’t be the one to give it to him. It was customary in elmclan to have the mentors of apprentices give them their suffix, because mentors were the ones who knew their apprentices best. He suspected Sequoiawing would take Ravendust’s place– Or was it Sequoiastar now? Wolfpaw had forgotten that they had lost two good cats in little more than an evening.

Herringpace noticed his anxiety and quickly cleared the swarm with a snarl and a swat from one of his great paws.

“Go, commune with the elders. Hold your vigil, while I hold them off.” He teased, brushing Wolf’s shoulder with his tail. “Sequoiawing, Antlersnap, and Flickerpaw are waiting.” Wolfpaw didn’t need to be told twice as he left camp, taking the journey towards the communion grove in silence. He entered and watched the soft glow of fireflies all around him. The stars shone above, ancestors gazing down on two cats who would join them today, and the cats that would accompany them throughout the night. He made eye contact with Sequoiawing, who sat in silence, the dark-furred body before her making Wolf’s insides twist. Now would be the hardest part, letting his mentor go. He saw Antlersnap and Flickerpaw already sitting near the form of Rushingflame. The public vigil had already been held, while Wolfpaw had been dealing with the badger. He felt a twinge of guilt at forcing his patrol to miss such an important event. His badger seemed awfully small compared to the death of their leader, but there was nothing to do about it now.

“Wolfpaw.”

Sequoiawing’s voice had often been compared to a butterfly’s flight. Soft, light, and fragile, but there was always an air of regality around the molly that he had never been able to pinpoint. He suspected she was far more than she let on, but allowed others to see her as a meek butterfly. Ravendust had clearly seen something more in her because he had never stopped talking about her the many times they had gone on patrol. Wolfpaw dipped his head in greeting, and the pair fell into contemplative silence. He could not bear to look down at his mentor, but the presence of Sequoiastar kept him from breaking.

Grief was heavy, but he did not have to bear the burden alone.

[A rather large time skip here! But I’ve covered most of Emberstride’s reign of terror before, so I thought we’d take a new look at what Sequoiastar and Doestep are up to during Emberstride’s confrontation.]

Over the following four moons, Sequoiastar was presumably blessed by the ancestors to be the leader and let in an outsider as her deputy by the name of Emberstride. Throughout those four moons, Emberstride wrought havoc upon elmclan. In her final act as deputy, she unleashed an ancient fire upon the entwined elms, and now the ancestral tree is aflame.

Elmclan is in disarray, Chamomilebriar climbs the burning ancestral tree to confront Emberstride, while Doestep confronts her traitorous leader.

Doestep can hardly breathe, the smoke is too much. Her eyes are stinging, tears rolling down her face, both from anguish and the smoke. She can hardly look at the tree, once beautiful limbs turning charred with every minute. The grass has caught aflame and begun to spread. This is too similar to what happened in the old territory, Doestep thinks she might be sick – but maybe that's just the smoke. It’s clawing at her throat, turning her voice raspy as she calls out to cats who do not answer. Her insides feel as if they’ve just been cleaved in two, and she knows this is a result of the tree dying. The entwined elms, three ancient elms grown into one. The ancestral meeting place of all elmclan cats, and Doestep’s greatest link to the gods... It’s dying. Already dead really. There’d be no saving this if the cats had any hope of actually putting it out. Doestep blinks, red-rimmed eyes catching on a familiar spotted pelt, attempting to slip away through the chaos.

She sees red– well. More red than a giant fire exploding around her. Sequoiastar did this. There are a million things she wants to say to her leader. Murderer, Coward, Fox-heart, Fool. But the biggest thing she wants is to ask her why. Doestep launches herself through the smoke, weaving between charred branches. A snarl she did not know she was capable of rips from her maw. She sends a silent prayer to Morning’s Light for protection as she steps into a clearing. The smoke swirls around the pair.

“Sequoiawing!” Doestep decides she will not use the molly’s leader suffix. She was never blessed, she lied. And her mentor died for it! Doestep seethes as Sequoiastar slowly turns around, her eyes are wide with fear, but there's an undercurrent of anger there too.

“Doestep.” She grits out, and Doe basically watches her slip the mask over her emotions. Bold. “We should get out of here, the fire is spreading. It’s not safe-” “Don’t play that game with me. I know what you are! What you did.” Sequoiastar bristles under the accusations and then seems to throw all caution to the wind.

“You don’t know anything!” The spotted molly spits, baring her teeth at the young ancestral seeker. “Everything I’ve done, I’ve done to protect this clan!” She’s stuttering, her ears pinning as the two begin to circle one another slowly. “Something is coming, I had to be the leader. I had to protect the clan like he did! An-And your mentor got in the way–” Sequoia looked away her gaze fixated on something within the flames. “So I protected the clan from her too.” Doestep trembles with rage, but Sequoia continues. “And I’ll protect the clan from you if I must. I know what must be done, I’ve seen it. I’ve seen what will happen and I know how I can fix it- but nobody will listen to me-”

“Enough Sequoiawing.” Sequoia seems shocked as she takes a startled step back. Doestep flares, her fur on end. She can feel the heat of the flames behind her. “You’re not protecting the clan, you’re just protecting yourself! Everything you did was so you could cover yourself. You let emberstride into the clan.” She shakes her head as if to deny it, but the motion has no heart. Sequoia knows the truth. “Look around Sequoia, does this look like protecting the clan?” Doe gestures to the flames all around them, to the distant cries of cats caught within them, to the great plumes of smoke blocking out the stars and the moon.

“This isn’t protection, this is destruction. Your mate didn’t advocate for this. Your mate didn’t die for this. What would he think of you now? What do your kits think of you?” Doestep steps back, revealing the small, trembling forms of larchkit, yarrowkit, and ivorykit, hiding beneath a stone outcropping a short way away from the flames. Wolfpaw and Perchpaw attend to them, carefully attempting to figure out a way to escape the fire further. Sequoiastar’s eyes lock onto her children and she loses all the fight within her. Her eyes well with tears.

“I didn’t-” Her voice cracks under the truth she now knows. “I never wanted this. I just wanted to protect us– all of us. Like he did.” Doestep shook her head, feeling a vehemence rise in her, but she pushes it away and locks it down. She cannot use this moment to take out her own grief and anger. She must rise above it if she is to be a good ancestral seeker. She stares down at her leader.

“Then prove it, and help me stop this.” Sequoia blinks through her tears and looks up. “How?” Doestep opens her mouth to continue but is interrupted by the crack of thunder. It doesn’t take long for water to begin spilling from the stars. It smothers the flames around her, it soothes. The gods heard her anguish, and they sent their mercy.

Doestep doesn’t reply, she turns to look at the kits, now being comforted by her friends.

“By never returning.”

Sequoiawing says nothing but rises from her defeated position. Her eyes lock onto her kits, and she hesitates. She steps forward like she might approach to say something to them, but eyes Doestep’s bristling form and knows that she will never get close. She turns and runs, disappearing into the slowly darkening forest.

Doestep hopes she never sees her again.

The rain has died down but it still splatters the coats of the elmclan cats now gathered in the ashes of the ancestral tree. Chamomilebriar and Emberstride had battled to the death, With Chamomile ultimately winning. Sequoiastar disappeared into the night, nobody knows what happened to her, most presume her dead.

Riverthistle sighs, his chest aches from the smoke, but he’s generally unharmed. Galecloud steps up beside him. “Are you ready? Doestep’s organizing some loose patrols to gather cats who might have gone missing– and hopefully some herbs.” River nods, rising and ignoring the way the ashes seem to cling to his nose and fur. He turns to face Galecloud, who has also brought along Baybriar and Foxglove. “Is this all?” Gale steps back, allowing River to lead the way. “Tigercreek’s actually supposed to be leading this patrol, but he’s across the river. We need to go fetch him.” Riverthistle nods. “Then I’ll lead the way.”

The cats disembark on a rainy early morning, uncertain as to the future of the clan and themselves.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
      ooc comments/thoughts:
      its been like a whole year since I've done explore PFFT
      I swapped patrols so nobody has hunger or anything but I also fed the last one before i swapped c:

tldr; wolfpaw returns home & sits vigil. four moon time skip, straight into the middle of the burning of the
      entwined elms. sequoiastar and doestep have it out before doestep instructs her to flee. and then we switch povs
      to riverthistle as he embarks on a new patrol in search of tigercreek.
      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

current patrol:
            riverthistle - he/him - HP 100% - HUP 0% - sick: n/a
            galecloud- he/they - HP 100% - HUP 0% - sick: n/a
            baybriar - he/they - HP 100% - HUP 0% - sick: n/a
            foxglove - he/him - HP 100% - HUP 0% - sick: n/a
            tigercreek - he/him - HP 100% - HUP 0% - sick: n/a
            prey inventory:
            mouse -- 1fp -- x3
            frog -- 3 fp -- x4
            rabbit -- 4fp -- x1
            bird -- 4fp -- x3
            prey -- 2fp -- x0

active quest(s):
            n/a !! <33

herb inventory:
            1x -- watermint
            1x -- juniper berries
            1x -- lamb's ear
            1x -- oak leaves
            1x -- cobwebs
            1x -- dock
            1x -- lovage
            1x -- sweet-sedge
            amount -- herb
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

005- tideclan

Postby peachpit. » Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:28 pm

« 𝐭 𝐢 𝐝 𝐞 𝐜 𝐥 𝐚 𝐧 ! »
last explore post |last response| archive | level 1 | 137/200 exp | 256 words | prey list | not opted in for death

Nimble paws bounded through the tide that lapped at the shore, sending small bursts of salt water in every direction. Sandstar had been “patrolling” the beach this late morning, the soft hum of gulls and crashing waves the only dissonance to reach her ears in the solitude. She had felt relief, not a single cat in sight to pester her with petty decision making and confide in their worries. Though she wouldn't admit it, she had been having a blast playing around on the beach by herself. Sandstar had not really been patrolling, instead she was enjoying her break by running as fast as her long limbs could take her down the shore, weaving in and out of the ocean. Pelt soaked from the neck down, and lungs sore from sprinting, she had taken on a more relaxed gait as she approached the very edge of the bay’s border.

Nose lifted high toward the cloudless sky, Sandstar could scent something unfamiliar mixed in with the salty musk. Closing her eyes, focusing deeply on the scent she could finally place what it was. There were rogues by the border. Unease slowly settled into her stomach as she debated turning back for the help of a larger patrol. No, it was her duty as leader to figure out what the rogues wanted, regardless of whether there were more cats there to support her or not. Pushing on, Sandstar began to follow the scent toward the rogues feeling determined, and a little uneasy.

(Sandstar chose to confront the rogues!)

𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲
mouse | 1 FP | x2
minnow | 1 FP | x2
lizard | 1 FP | x2
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

borage | x1
parsley | x1
chervil | x1
lovage | x1
fennel | x1
stinging nettle| x1
broom| x1
deathberries | x1
mallow leaves | x1
𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥
sandstar | she/her| HP 100% | HUP 0% | sick: n

𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐬
no active quests
𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐬 𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝
no items used
notes:
in the last explore post i was given bugs as a 1 fp prey item, though it is not in custom prey list.
i went ahead and swapped this for a lizard, also a 1 fp prey item but one that is in my list. i hope
this is okay and pls let me know if a change should be made! c:

peachpit.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thani » Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:42 am

☆ ── ᑕᒪᗩᑎ ᑕᒪᗩᑎ 𐀣

Oᑎ ᑭᗩTᖇOᒪ
(∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚𓆏

Image Flo ⚚ She/Her
xxxxxxxxhp -100% ⊹ hup -100%
xxxxxxxxsick: x

Image Viette ⚚ She/Her
xxxxxxxxhp -100% ⊹ hup -100%

Image Mallow ⚚ She/Her
xxxxxxxxhp -100% ⊹ hup -90%

“Alright now just what am I going to do with you, little rose.”

The small green kit shuffled a bit under the gaze of Caulli, before their eyes darted towards the exit that Mallow had just exited from not a moment ago.

“You’re safe here, I promise. Do you want to let me take a look at those wounds? They don’t look so good” Caulli would calmly speak to the kit, as she moved away from the door, and over to her stash of herbs. She knew if the kit left she wouldn’t get very far, and she knew the kit knew that as well.

“Do you have a name, sweetpea?” The green kit just simply shook her head, calming down a little bit as the adrenaline started to wear off. Her body was in so much pain, and she ached to sleep.

“Well, if you don’t want to tell me thats alright, I’m Cauliflower, but you can just call me Cauli. I’m the healer here. I take care of everyone the best I can really, we all do our part to keep this place running smoothly.” She talked as she prepared something in a small bowl, mushing together herbs and water.

The small green kit laid herself down against the corner she was trying to hide in and winced a little bit in pain as she did. She was trying her best to be on alert, but how could she in such a condition? Could she really trust the words of these strangers that they meant her no harm? Did she really have a choice?
    Her thoughts faded away as her eyes started to close, sleep taking her. Whatever was going to happen while she was out there was no avoiding it. Her body could take no more.

Cauli immediately huried to work on the small green kit, all caution thrown out the window now that she couldn’t spook the poor dear. She grabbed bandages and the mixture she was working on and hurried over to carry the kit onto the table where she usually treated the other cats wounds.

It was a long night.

- -

When the morning light broke over the horizon and graced the land with its warmness, a sleeping cat stirred awake from beside Tansy.

“You never fail to amaze me, you know?” She would chuckle, moving to stand to her feet aswell.

“Hm?” A tired Verum would respond in kind, moving to stretch her limbs after a long night sleeping amongst the stars.

“Oh you know just. Without fail, every morning as soon as the light creeps over the horizon, you wake up. It’s like you have an insanely accurate internal clock.”

“Didn’t realize you were keeping track of my sleeping schedule so closely, Tansy. What would Caulli think?” She teased, moving her paw over the area she slept to attempt to make the ground look less disturbed.

“Whats the plan today? I know you are worried about Mallow, but we can’t wait for her to catch up.” Verum would continue as she watched Tansy paw at the ground where she lay the night before.

“Tansy!” She would snap after a long while of silence, trying to get her to pay attention. She was so completely out of it all of a sudden.

“What? Oh…Sorry, I just. Don’t you find it weird? Last night they didn’t seem like they wanted to fight..” She would trail off, her shoulders slumping a bit as she sighed. “Sorry, you’re right. We can’t wait up, and besides. I am now more curious than ever to find out what they are up to.”

“Lets go.” Tansy would pick up verums bag of herbs they collected and start moving off, North east edging closer to the end of the barrier of trees that indicated a clear boundary of their land and the land that belonged to the outsiders.

- -

Mallow got a late start in the morning for her journey back to Verum and Tansy, still not completely 100% in how she felt, she knew she couldn’t let them continue the patrol without her.
    She decided to pay Caulli a visit before she left but upon reaching the healers hut she found a sleeping Caulli curled up on the floor with a small green tuft of fur laid beside her. She had no idea what had happened after she went to bed last night but she knew better than to wake her up, so she quietly excused herself and made way towards the exit of the camp.

Ruff n’ Tuff trailed behind Mallow as they left together, taking the same path they always did when they headed out for a patrol. It was maybe a few hours before they got out of the thick of the forest and into a familiar clearing where they usually hunted. However this time there was not many things in sight and that might have been because of the countless birds of prey circling above in the sky, patrolling the ground.

Mallow quickly ducked her head down, getting hidden in a nearby bush as she observed the sky.
    “What the hells…they are so close to home, thats not good at all.”
    She watched on for a moment as they circled around for a bit longer before heading off back towards where mallow just came from. Back towards their home.

“Oh no. no no no.” Mallow would panic slightly, getting up from her hunched over position and jumping up as she transformed into her pigeon form. She could travel faster this way. She flew up past the treeline and into the sky before diving down to follow after the larger birds that were headed straight to their camp.

- -

Caulli awoke later than she usually would, but considering the night she had she didn’t beat herself up to badly about it. If anything she was mostly just disappointed she missed seeing Mallow off. She was thankful however for her swift retreat, wanting her to catch up to the others as quickly as possible.

“Good morning my sweet lily.” She would gently coo as she looked over the still sleeping form of the small green kit. “You poor dear. You rest up now, I’ll be back soon okay?”

Caulli went on her usual morning walk, collecting herbs and checking in on the other clan members. She stopped by to visit with Acker for a bit before she headed down to the river to relax for a bit and take a soak.
    The river was normally a place others went to to get some peace and quiet so she wasn’t surprised to see someone else already here, relaxing and bathing in the sun.
    Honey lay with her eyes closed, only opening them when Caulli approached her.

“Sorry I didn’t mean to interrupt you dear.” Caulli would apologize, stepping into the rivers gentle stream.

“Oh good morning Caulli! Not a bother at all I was just about to head back anyways!” She would pipe up, standing to stretch before sitting back down.
    “How are you doing? I was meaning to stop by later, Fig asked me to pick up some stuff for him.”

“Oh! I’m doing just fine, had a long night myself…You tell Fig I’d be happy to drop off some stuff for him later this evening! It’s no trouble at all.”

“Always so sweet, Caulli , I’ll let him know. Knowing him he will still stubbornly insist on coming to visit and get them himself. He may be old but he’s still got spirit.”

“Anyways i’ll leave you to it.” Honey would bow out after that, leaving Caulli to her thoughts.

She remained there for quite some time, just enjoying the sound of nature as she relaxed in the cooling stream. At Least she was relaxed until a small bird came diving down and in a puff of smoke out popped Mallow.

“Mallow! Oh my goodness you startled me! What are you doing back?”

“Caulli! I’m glad I spotted you, we need to get everyone to safety! Now!”

Caulli was immediately on alert. She was no fighter but she could certainly hold her own. She learned a few things from Tansy, just in case.

“They are here, I don’t know where but they are snooping about. They are here for her. The green kit.”
    Mallow warned, a tinge of guilt hitting her. She should have never brought the kit here.

“Okay, lets not panic. You go round up the other warriors, Honey was headed back to Fig’s… I’ll get the elders somewhere safe. And Mallow, do not blame yourself. I see it written all over your face.”
    And with that she was off, headed towards the camp.

- -

Nothing seemed out of place as Mallow rounded up the other Warriors. She set them to keep a lookout as Caulli sent everyone to the Elders den to keep low until Mallow gave the all clear.

Viette took a lookout at the northern entrance, with Flo keeping a lookout to the east. Mallow stood outside the Elders hut, ready to strike if anyone came within reach to harm anyone. After Caulli made sure everyone was in the hut she went out and was headed towards her healers hut.
    “Mallow, keep them safe. I need to go get the kit.” Mallow went to stop her, shaking her head.

“Stay here Caulli, thats who they are looking for. I'm not letting you go get her. I’ll do it. Don’t worry.”
    Caulli simply huffed but knew she wouldn’t win an argument so she just nodded her head and slipped back inside the elders hut.

Mallow went to move towards the healers hut when an unfamiliar cat caught her eye and set her on alert. From the shadows a large cream cat with scars all over their body slinked towards Mallow, their teeth barring large fangs as they tried to make themselves look intimidating.
    From beside Mallow Ruff n’ Tuff growled lowly, eyes locked on the unfamiliar threat.

“You have something we want.” The cat said, moving slightly closer.

“You’re outmatched, outsider! Leave and things won’t have to get ugly!”

A smirk, as the cat dug her clawed paws into the ground where she stood, a look of amusement briefly flashing across her face.

“Are you sure about that?”
    From all sides around the camp, emerging as if from nowhere at least 10 or 11 cats surrounded them. A few of them with large sticks in their mouths.

“Now again. You have something we want. Hand it over and no one will get hurt.”
    This time she said it with more authority, her voice booming and catching the attention of everyone in Clan clan. All eyes were on her.

And then suddenly, a flash of green. A large squirrel the same color as the kitten Mallow had rescued latched itself onto the ear of the outsider cat, scratching and biting and fighting. An annoyed scream rang out as she shook her head, sending the squirrel flying onto the ground.

When Mallow saw this, she lunged, taking the opportunity of distraction to get the upper hand. She wasn't sure what came over her but she did not hesitate. She was about to lay down her life to protect the clan. To protect this kit who she barely knew. She had to.

And as soon as she lunged, chaos ensued and fights broke out all over camp as the other outsiders joined the fray.
    One of the outsiders struck a nearby tree with their stick, setting it alight with a bright orange flame. They intended to set fire to their home.

notes; Swapping Verum and Tansy for Flo and Viette as this next Arc is going to be more about them fighting off the outsiders and Tansy and Verum aren't going to find much considering most if not all the outsiders are searching for the green kit. Excited to see the reply aaaaaa. Also if you wanted to use their wildshapes Flo's is a Sabertooth tiger and Viettes is an Okapi. Most of the outsiders are large birds of prey and large cats like pumas or mountain lions. Go wild with whatever!!

ᗯOᖇᗪ ᑕOᑌᑎT: 1940

✧ 389/400 [ℓνℓ 3]xxxxx𓆏 | яєѕρσηѕєxxxxxуєѕ

IᑎᐯEᑎTOᖇY
      η/α
      ᑕᖇEᗩTᑌᖇEᔕ
      ⚕Use Default for now.
Thani

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ArtMajor » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:26 am

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐥𝐝𝐬.
842 words
❝ ♥ ❞ opt in y / n
lv 6 | 126/800 exp

cr.
──── • ────

xxxImage
cats on patrol !
ravage ! ; she/her
hp 80% | hup 100% | sick: n
komodo ! ; he/him
[url=link]name[/url] ! ; prn/prn
hp 0% | hup 0% | sick: n
hp 0% | hup 0% | sick: n
[url]name[/url] ! ; prn/prn
hp 100% | hup 0% | sick: n

x

────────────────────────
active quest(s);
n / a !

last explore | last response
|
inventory;
prey:
[1FP]x5 bugs,x4 scrap[2FP] x1 small fish,
x2 shrew [3FP] x2 frog [4FP] x1 rabbit,
x1 owl, x0 bird [5FP] x2 vulture

herbs:
x1 alder bark, x2 bindweed,
x1 blackberry leaf, x1 borage
x2 burnet x1 catchweed, x2 cobweb
x2 coltsfoot, x1 comfrey root
x2 dandelion, x1 daisy leaf,
x1 deathberries x2 fennel,
x1 goldenrod, x1 hawkweed
x2 horsetail, x1 lavender,
x1 lovage, x1 mallow leaves,
x1 mint, x1 ragwort
x1 stinging nettle, x2 thyme,
x1 tormentil x1 watermint
x1 wild garlic, x1 yarrow
⬙﹒﹪̣     ⪩⪨ ﹒ ✦

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────

[ the city of elysium ]
Ten cats sat on a circle of logs. In the center was a series of holo-screens,
arranged so that each cat could see the interview room. Currently, the only cats
on screen was a pale green Jurat and a tuxedo-furred Empas. The Empas was
laughing, and the Jurat had an annoyed twitch to their ear. Truth and Entertainment.

"Each Champion will have fifteen minutes to present themselves." A ragged Valor soldier
addressed the crowd. "Remember that this may be the city's first time seeing you.
Including any potential sponsors. Perform well, and it might just be you they decide
to sponsor."

A black-coated Jurat took a step up beside the soldier. "If you are not up to date with the laws of The Game, let me remind you, not just anyone can be a Sponsor. Of Valor, only High Generals, Chief Commanders, and Commanders are allowed to provide weaponry to Champions. Of Empas, only High Peacekeepers, Garden Watchers, and Zookeepers may provide food to Champions. Of Curan, only High Doctors and Shamans may provide herbs and medicine to Champions. Due to our heavy involvement in The Game, no individual Jurat is permitted to provide goods to Champions.

"In addition to individual sponsorship, a group of thirty or more cats may pool funds in order to pay for an item of any kind to be given to a Champion. The item sent must also be provided, and will be heavily inspected before being delivered. If the item is revealed to be intended for sabotage it will not be sent and the thirty cats involved as well as the Champion it is intended for will be face severe consequences."

The ten cats looked among themselves.

"If there are no questions, then the interviews begin. Factionless Honey, you're first."

​──────────────────────────────────────────────────────

"All of our badgers are accounted for," the empas added, flicking her gaze towards the bespectacled Jurat. "I swear, this one's from outside."

Komodo sighed, rubbing the space between his eyes. And your side of things? he asked, gesturing at the Jurat.

"This is hardly the first time a young Empas has lost track of its companion, and blamed it on the outside." he said, voice sharp. "The Champions have just been selected, certainly no cat can blame Empas for being...emotional" he sneered the word, tail lashing as he glared at the Empas in the group. "But I will not see any Jurat trampled to death because your part of the city can't keep control of their beasts."

Ravage stepped forward, letting her tail brush against the Empas's back, trying to hide the fear-fluffed fur that rose at the Jurat's stern words. "Empas, what's your name?"

"Flutterlight" she said, tone soft but steady. "And before you ask, my companion is a barn owl. She's back in my apartment. asleep. I'm supposed to be on night shift but given the day's ceremonies, the night shift has been called in so that the lighters can focus on preparing for this afternoon."

Ravage glanced at Komodo, who nodded, and took out his scanner, nodding Flutterlight aside to scan her paw-pad to verify her story. While her mate worked, Ravage focused her attention on the Jurat. "Jurat, name, work-study, and connection to this...prior incident you're reporting."

The Jurat lifted his head, light glinting off his glasses. "Maximus, I'm a judge, but during The Game I serve on a Sponsorship-Jury to ensure that any group-funded sponsorships are up to code, and that any individual attempting to submit an item is qualified to Sponsor. As for the prior incident, a hysterical Greenpaw lost control of their wolf pup upon learning her uncle had been selected as Champion. The pup went feral, killing five Curan before the Valor could...deal with it. The Greenpaw was cast Factionless."

Ravage hummed, turning her head back to her mate. Komodo nodded at her, and Flutterlight seemed to be more sure on her paws, tail flicking. "I see. Well then, we had better find this badger. Maximus, seek out the nearest Barracks and file an incident report with the Commander on duty. Be sure to tell them you were sent by Commander Ravage."

Maximus nodded, and after sending one final glare at Flutterlight, stalked away.

Ravage sighed, shaking her head. Jurat were...certainly something else. "Flutterlight, you said you work with an owl, correct?"

Flutterlight nodded "Y-yes ma'am!" she said.

"Then you're familiar with avians. Is there an Aviary within Jurat?"

"No..but there is one a few blocks from here on the Empas side, maybe...five minutes out?"

Ravage nodded "Good. You go there, find an osprey or a falcon, something with sharp eyes. Use it to scan the skies. Me and Komodo will start on the streets, tracking as best we can. Meet us in ten minutes at the trolley station next to the Border Clinic."

Ravage, Komodo, and npc [Flutterlight] pursue the sick badger

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────

items consumed::
side notes:: Ravage and Komodo are continuing the response plotline, the rest is the lore storyline, hence why those cats aren't listed.
items added from level up are: x1 blackberry leaf, x1 catchweed, x1 wild garlic, x1 small fish, and x1 bug.
──────────────────────────────────────
artmajor ✧ she/her ✧ graphic design student

mainly here to stalk the art boards but I
may wander around the rest too, see you
if I see you

toyhou.se
──────────────────────────────────────
ArtMajor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ⎯⎯⎯ ★ REPLY TWENTY-ONE. )

Postby elliott. » Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:58 pm

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    Feathergaze and Otterwhisper looked at each other once more, speaking silent words between their gazes, before finally trotting up behind Honeypelt, letting the designated leader take the lead of the makeshift patrol.

It wasn’t long until they came upon the scent of a squirrel. Honeypelt took the lead, crouching down low to the ground until her belly brushed against the spiky grass blades poking out from the soft soil of the forest floor. Her tail went still, gesturing for Feathergaze and Otterwhisper to hold still before curling along her flank, so not to disturb the flowering fauna around her. With skill and precision, the calico she-cat bursted forward, catching the squirrel by its tail just before it was able to bolt.
    [ + 3 FP squirrel, + 3 XP ]

“Wow, nice catch!” Feathergaze complimented from behind her, trotting up to press against her flank, sniffing at the prey that now lay limp at her paws. “That was really cool!”

Honeypelt let out a slightly bashful purr, looking up to dip her head in thanks, before looking at Otterwhisper. Her head tilted in curiosity at the feline, especially since her nose was pressed into a bush. “Otterwhisper? Do you smell something?”

“These plants… they smell funny.” They responded, suddenly falling back on their rump as they tugged at the plant from the root, pulling it easily from the soft soil. Blinking away the shock of falling back so quick, they looked at Honeypelt and Feathergaze, ears pulling back in slight embarrassment.
    [ + 1 willow leaf, + 1 XP ]

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ★★★ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
XP EARNINGS
death opt out

+30XP for words written
+10XP for patrol sent
+03XP for prey earnings
+01XP for herb earnings

FINAL TOTALS & NOTE

[ +0% hunger for patrol, one free posts left +44XP → level 0 (73/100XP) ]
[ + 1 willow leaf ] [ + 3 FP squirrel ]
elliott.