Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

[0308.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:56 pm

CLOVERCLAN !!
    x.xsuds clan archive last post

Haunted. The word seemed written all over the rogue's features, traced over and over in the wrinkles of his face, rubbed like charcoal stains upon the scars marring his cheeks. If she touched him, it seemed as if that word would reverberate through her as if an echo from the tips of ears right down to her toes.

Haunted. Eyes were the windows to another’s soul. And for a barest glimmer, the shutters lifted for this one’s soul ━ once gold and green as vibrant as an acrylic painting, but now lackluster and sickly crusted with… a different story.

The shutters closed.

"I-I’m sorry." The rogue shook his head, the lump in his throat a darting rabbit. "I shouldn't be here. Take this, I'm sorry.” (+2fp small fish)

She froze. "Wait! Where- you’re hurt."

Haunted. His features shifted like a ripple in time, a memory unfurling from the banks like a songbird wringing water from its wings, crafting something strained. Something pained. Backing, he held his twisted limb closer, flashing his teeth. “Leave me alone.”

“Pablo?” Another’s steps sweeping, swishing, cresting over snow. Nearing. “Pablo? Where are you- ah, Pablo!”

The rogue disappeared into the brush. (rogue has run off!)

But another appeared to take his place. Tall frame and straight shoulders, fragrance of cedar and spice, their cinnamon curls a wild whirlwind. They leapt to a halt, breath creating a silver cloud beside her. Stars. Not this again.”

Despite the tiny shake of their head, the ends of their muzzle quirked in a lopsided grin, directed towards her. “Hey, lass. Don’t have much time to explain, but the name’s Fennel. And that rogue? He’s my friend. I gotta find him and treat that leg of his, but he’s a tad flighty and far too good at hiding for his own good. Loners, y’know?”

They blew out a long breath and tossed her a little wink. "I could use your assistance if you’re willin'. Know any good hiding spots around here?"

Fennel (an npc) is looking for some assistance! They're looking for a friend of theirs, who seems to be a lil shy + is currently hiding! Does the patrol agree to help Fennel out?
    ─────────────────────────────────────

⊰ patrol status updates ⊱
      • all patrollers gained +10% hunger
      • lilystar was fed + is now at 10% hup

⊰ xp earnings (death opt in/out) …………………………
      • +20xp for writing, +10xp for patrol sent
      • +2xp for prey, +5xp for border skirmish
      ⊰ findings ⊱
      • +2fp small fish

⊰ level totals ⊱
      • +37xp → level 2 (116/300xp)

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
      notes; welcome back!! your archive coding is absolutely gorgeous <3333 just a lil typo, but you would be at level 2 (instead of 3!) ─
      everything else looks perfect, dw! looking forward to seeing you around stars again + lmk if you have any questions at all! c:
    ───────────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

exploring! | thirteen 🌱

Postby suds » Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:52 pm

𝓬𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓬𝓵𝓪𝓷
    last post - july 09th '23 | last response - july 10th '23

despite the tiny shake of their head, the ends of their muzzle quirked in a lopsided grin, directed towards her. “hey, lass. don't have much time to explain, but the name's fennel. and that rogue? he's my friend. i gotta find him and treat that leg of his, but he's a tad flighty and far too good at hiding for his own good. loners, y'know?”

they blew out a long breath and tossed her a little wink. "i could use your assistance if you’re willin'. know any good hiding spots around here?"

"i do know a thing or two about being a loner..." lilystar thought with an understanding smile. the wink went unnoticed as she pawed at the small fish the wounded loner had tossed her, the scales now sparkling against the frozen ground beneath them. the eye stared up at her, reminding her of the expression on pablo- stuck still between time and memories, and glossy with expiration or near to it. she never much cared for fish but was thankful for it anyways during leaf bare- surely her deputy would get a kick out of it.

suddenly she realized she was all alone with this rouge, fennel he said his name was. she cleared her throat and watched her breath cloud around them like a cool fog before floating above. "thank you for explaining about your friend- with his leg i doubt he'd last long." fennel was sturdy, no doubt could cause harm if agitated. she studied his rippled coat and compared it to that of an old tree, strong. she looked in the direction that pablo had hobbled away, the pang in her heart growing.

"my name is lilystar of cloverclan. it's nice to meet you- i dont think ive seen you before. im not against cats on my territory if they are passing through or in need of shelter. leaf bare is a time of generosity." she looked surprisingly thin due to her white markings blending into the snowy wasteland behind her, her tabby resembling dead underbrush. "thank you starclan for this opportunity," she pleaded, blue eyes looking above.

"theres an abandoned badger den west of here," lilystar pointed with a kind expression, recounting her encounter that felt as if it was many moons ago. the badger had left once lilystar did a second round, so the den must have been temporary, and with leaf bare the scent would be mute. but with pablo's state of mind she guessed he would be thankful for anything, predator or not.

fennel's expression was kind and forgiving, without judgement towards the molly he had just met who clearly is an amateur in her endeavors. she was young, and still hopeful, despite her challenges lilystar would do anything to survive, and has. she opened her mouth in hopes to catch pablo's scent before the cold wind whipped it away.

[ ty!! also for some reason i never wrote down i have thrush + stick in my archive or inventory here? not sure why since i dont think ive used them. guess i need to peel through my old explore posts :p also word count doesnt include beginning italics! and i have fixed the above! sorry for the wait <3 ]

[ 387 words ]

-- cats on patrol
lilystar | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 10% | sick: n

-- custom predators / prey
n/a
-- level 2
experience: 116 / 300
-- items in inventory used
n/a! <3
-- active quests:
assissting fennel
-- opted in to death?
no
-- inventory
shrew | 2 FP | x1
mouse | 2 FP | x1
mouse | 2 FP | x1
mouse | 2 FP | x1
sm. fish | 2 FP | x1

juniper berry | bellyache | x3
holly berry | poison | x3
rush | broken bones | x1
nightshade | poison | x1
wintergreen | helps wounds | x1
willowbark | eases pain | x1
ragwort leaves | ache/strength | x1
stick | brace | x1
coltsfoot | coughs/pads | x2
chamomile | strength/soothes | x1
tormentil | helps poison | x1
stinging nettle | expulsion/wounds | x1
burnet | vitamins | x1
goldenrod | heals wounds | x1
chickweed | greencough | x2
borage leaves | nursing/fevers | x1
Last edited by suds on Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
suds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby ArtMajor » Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:31 pm

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐥𝐝𝐬.
1434 words
❝ ♥ ❞ opt in y / n
lv 5 | 536/650 exp

cr.
──── • ────

xxxImage
cats on patrol !
igneon ! ; he/him
hp 100% | hup 0% | sick: n
codex ! ; she/her
[url=link]name[/url] ! ; prn/prn
hp 0% | hup 0% | sick: n
[url]name[/url] ! ; prn/prn

x

────────────────────────
active quest(s);
n / a !

last explore | last response
|
inventory;
prey:
[1FP]x2 bugs,x4 scrap[2FP] x0 small fish,
x2 shrew [3FP] x2 frog [4FP] x1 rabbit,
x1 owl, x0 bird [5FP] x2 vulture

herbs:
x1 alder bark
x2 bindweed, x1 blackberry leaf,
x2 burnet x1 catchweed x2 cobweb
x2 coltsfoot, x1 comfrey root
x2 dandelion, x1 daisy leaf,
x1 deathberries x2 fennel,
x1 goldenrod, x2 horsetail,
x1 lavender, x1 lovage,
x1 mallow leaves,
x1 mint, x1 ragwort
x1 stinging nettle, x2 thyme,
x1 tormentil x1 watermint
x1 yarrow
⬙﹒﹪̣     ⪩⪨ ﹒ ✦

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────

[ the city of elysium ]
You could always tell when a Choosing was near. Empas began to throw
less wild parties, instead choosing to spend time with their closest friends,
especially those on the younger side. Valor would throw themselves recklessly
into their duties, Jurat would work as hard as they could on their current
research projects, and Curan would stockpile herbs.

The older cats in the city would drink quietly, thinking of how they were lucky to age out of The Game, and the younger cats would spend as much time with their family and friends as they could.

Cobra was one such of those cats. He didn’t often enjoy the rigidity of patrols, and he was grateful to his superiors for allowing him time off.

At least he thought he was. He didn’t have many cats he would consider friends. He was roughly in the middle of his placements during training, and the cats he was closest to were several years older than him. They were safe from the Choosing, and were waiting for the day that the Crown would grant them approval to have a litter.

There were a few cats in his Year he thought he might want to get close to someday…but of course that would mean he had to make it one more year. He was twenty years old, just a few more weeks and he would be safe from The Game forever.

But of course, every cat knew.

If you tempted Fate, then Fate would be more than willing to pull the moss from under your claws.

———————————————————

Igneon’s tail swayed behind him as he stood at the podium. A small screen glowed underneath his forepaws, and he kept his gaze firmly above it. The city was gathered below him, every cat, even the Factionless, was present. And if they weren’t standing in the streets then they were waiting in their rooms, similar screens mounted on their walls showing his face, scarred ear flicking and the ribbon around his neck a deep blood-red.

“Thank you for gathering today” Igneon’s voice was steady. He knew that the benefits of The Game were worth the loss to the city. It kept population under control, it reminded the inhabitants that The Crown knew what was best for them. It showed the consequences of trying to fight, to destroy everything the city worked for. He felt no guilt for the words he was about to speak.

“We are called together in this, the height of the New Year, to learn the names of those that will participate in this years Game. It has been three hundred and sixteen years since Queen Icestep the Gamemaster punished those that would tear our city to its core, and we celebrate by surviving strong today!”

The cats below him cheered, the sound of stamping paws reaching Igneon through a small clip pinned to his good ear. He smiled, and dipped his head “Although we have survived these years since the first Game, we know that the tradition must continue. If not to punish those that participated in the rebellion, for they are long dead indeed, then to remind ourselves of the trials we have gone through, and to celebrate the strength of our city. For the power of the Victor proves that Elysium will never fall. Those that see victory in The Game are wed to The Crown, and in turn, the Crown provides protection from the horrors of the outside world.”

Igneon’s tail brushed against the steel platform he stood on. He took a moment for a breath, then looked down at his screen, looking at the young faces that would soon face a battle for their lives.

“Our systems have taken log of every eligible cat in the city. We also have two Volunteers among the Factionless. I thank them for their bravery, and determination to prove their loyalty to the city.”

———————————————————

In a hovel of fallen metal and wooden beams, two Factionless stood with their heads lifted high. One of them a mottled tabby with worried eyes, kneading the ground as he watched, the other a fiery tortoiseshell, baring her fangs at the screen.

“From the Factionless, we honor Honey and Westwind, and wish them luck in the trials that lie ahead”

The tortoiseshell lifts her head, grinning, tail lashing as she flexes her claws, and the tabby lets out a breath, shuddering to himself as the reality he has been avoiding for several days is bared true across the city.

———————————————————

“Of Curan, Faction of Tradition, we honor Witheredleaf and Ivy Crawling on Stone, wishing them a strong heart to carry them through the trials they will soon face.”

In the midst of a crowd, a black and white Cloverleaf pins her ears back in terror, fur along her spine spiking as she registers the sure death sentence that has been handed to her, after all, what hope has a blind cat in The Game?

Sitting in a nest surrounded by his kin, a young Trainee sobs into the fur of his mother. He had earned his name not four days ago, proud to join his parents in the art of healing. His parents wrap themselves around him, trying to memorize his scent, trying to bring him comfort, and above all, trying not to break down in front of their son.

———————————————————

“Of Empas, Faction of the Kind, we honor Tango and Glamour, wishing them levelness of mind to face the struggles that lie ahead of them.”

In a quiet gathering of friends, seven cats weep with relief, for they have aged out of The Game. But in the back of the crowd, two brothers weep into each other’s fur. Knowing that soon, they will face each other on the battlefield.

———————————————————

“From Jurat, Faction of the Wise, we honor Pyroclast and Javen, wishing them courage in the battles that await”

A pale white cat sighs to himself in a dark laboratory, pulling a glass closer to himself and taking a long drink. On the other side of the city, a young orange tabby shudders, flexing his claws and running them through his fur. He’d known the truth for days, having hacked into the System the moment it had finished Choosing the cats that would participate. But hearing it aloud…made reality so much more grim. He had said his goodbyes already, and now, he would have one final chance to prove himself a worthy citizen.

Maybe the other cats in the Game would go easy on him, but given the survival rate of younger participants…well, he wasn’t too hopeful.

———————————————————
“From Valor, Faction of Strength, we honor Spear and Cobra, wishing upon them the wisdom of their ancestors to carry them through The Game.”

A young black and white she-cat with abnormally long fangs clenched her teeth, forcing herself to keep still as the others in her Year turned to face her with wide eyes.

And in a quiet den, surrounded only by his nest and some food that was meant to be in celebration, a scarred orange tabby kneaded his nest with a horrified expression. He had barely placed high enough to rank as a Private instead of a Grunt, against nine other cats, what hope did he have of surviving where stronger cats than he had fallen?

———————————————————
Igneon’s tail lifted as he finished his speech.

“We recognize these cats as our Champions of the Game, they have one month with which to train and prepare themselves. The first set of interviews will air in one week. Thank you all for participating in this years Choosing. To those who have now participated in their last Choosing, kindly report to the nearest Building of Truth to receive the name of your mate, and to those still young enough to participate, we recognize that this is not the last chance you will have to participate, and request you spend the next several days not only in celebration, but in recognition that although Fate has not chosen you this year, next year may just be different.”

Igneon cleared his throat. “And finally, to those who were Chosen, we wish you well, and await your feats of glory in the Arena.”

As the broadcast ended, Igneon stepped away from the podium, and flexed his claws. His part of the Choosing was over, now it was time to prepare for the Interviews. He nodded to his assistant, a dark brown female with a splotch of white on her nose. “Codex, please ensure that everything is ready for our Champions, we’ve officially entered the countdown to this year’s Game”

items consumed:: none
side notes:: who's ready to cry OwO
──────────────────────────────────────
artmajor ✧ she/her ✧ graphic design student

mainly here to stalk the art boards but I
may wander around the rest too, see you
if I see you

toyhou.se
ArtMajor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ⊱── 01. [july explore replies] ! )

Postby faelyn » Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:37 am

x
x
x
ImagexxCLAN OF FALLING SAPPHIRE WATERS!!
─────────────── ✧

original level stats ✧ level 0 (074/100)
new level stats ➔ level 1 (016/200) --
----------------------------------------------
• • • • • • x 0% hunger for the patrol
────────────────┘
    chamomile. among diaphonous blades of verdant silks and the withering essence of winter, the delicate milk-white features of the little flower ceased to frolic upon the shivering boundaries of reality, only ones fathomed of daylit yellows and deep violet. where ivory petals existed in her wildest wishes, the sweet aroma of rush and the ample vermillion hue of wintergreen berries bloomed instead.
    (+1 coltsfoot, +1 wintergreen, +1 rush, +1 lungwort, +4exp)

the rosy blush of bitterness flooded their cheeks as bluebirds and larks fragmented the hush with bouts of lullabies. lullabies, seemingly distorted with inklings of mockery before quieting as a falling star adorned with auburn afternoon ahead.
    (+2fp [small bird], +1 shooting star [rare or under autopass], +3exp)
    you have levelled up! +1 fp [of your choice], +50 sd <3
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
ImageImage
writing exp ✧ 25 expxxfood exp ✧ 02 exp--
added exp ✧ 00 expxxherb exp ✧ 04 exp-
event exp ✧ 01 exp-xxpatrol exp ✧ 10 exp
opt-in exp ✧ yes/no xxtotal exp ✧ 42 exp

fp earned ✧ 2fp─
items earned ✧ +1
• +1 shooting star─
█████████████
herbs earned ✧ +4
• +1 coltsfoot ───
• +1 lungwort ───
• +1 wintergreen ─
• +1 rush──────
user ✧ ✧ ✧ echo raven
user's post / writer's post
+ clan's archive !! ─────
free posts left? x0 - 1 - 2

faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0309.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:22 pm

CLOVERCLAN !!
    xxxsuds clan archive last post

The bitter cold whittled her to the bone.

As if she were nothing more than a shard of ice, a puppet of the winds, tossed and thrown at the whims of winter. Shivers scuttled across her frame, trailing from the tip of her nose to her toes, until they froze. Hollow and barren like the landscape devoid of echoes and scents before her.

Even when, there should be a scent. One perfumed with salt and brine, sprinkled with hints of herbal remedies. (+2fp small fish, +1 feverfew, +1 tormentil; lilystar has fallen ill </3 ─ see healing options below!)

Shivering, she stamped her paws into the snow. The fish was a good sign ─ almost identical to the one Pablo had tossed her earlier. Small, slender… fresh. Close to a trail of silver imprints, leading right to that abandoned badger’s den.

“You alright?” Warm and rich, Fennel’s voice was like honey flowing from a honeycomb, gently tugging her back. Their tail wrapped around her shoulders. “You seem cold. Are you unwell─”

“Over there.”

Her breath plumed, a silvery sheen adorning the winds. In the clutches of the den, shadows and light danced, flickering and twirling. A tail tip flicked and disappeared into the depths of the den. "I think he's right in there."

"Follow me." With a light nudge, their steps gently traced the snow, tall frame a shield against the knife of the gales. At the entrance, they slipped into a crouch, nose poking just outside. "Pablo? Hey, it's me. I… brought someone who'd like to help. She's real nice. I promise."

A beat passed, a pebble rolled, a twig snapped.

But slowly...
    Tentatively...
    Hesitantly...

A shivering nose met hers… his injured leg extended.

Fennel's friend has been located! He requires one herb (any type) to treat his wound!

Lilystar has also fallen ill! </3 Choose any three herbs from this list to heal her: holly berries, wintergreen, thyme, broom, mallow leaves and/or celandine! Each patrol she continues on without herbs will lead to -10% health

• lilystar gained +10% hunger
      • lilystar is also sick </3

• +25xp for writing, +10xp for patrol sent
      • +1xp for prey, +2xp for herbs
      ⊰ findings ⊱
      • +2fp small fish
      • +1 feverfew, +1 tormentil

⊰ level totals ⊱
      • +38xp → level 2 (154/300xp)

notes; n/a! <3
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

exploring! | fourteen 🌱

Postby suds » Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:31 am

𝓬𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓬𝓵𝓪𝓷
    last post - july 11th '23 | last response - july 19th '23

a shivering nose met hers… his injured leg extended.

lilystar sniffled. though she kept a brave face, her heart was racing enough that she was sure fennel and pablo could hear. she had found him, tucked away and thin. plumes of warm breath erupted from the small group, twisting into the sky like the rogue's outreached paw. she was thankful he was found before nightfall- in his state she was unsure if he was past the point of help, but she knew once the sun had gone down it would be up to starclan to save him. the journey had been exhausting on her, though fennel stood tall and proud, his flank brushing hers.

she was glad fennel was here, his unwavering stature and comforting drawl was enough to keep her young mind from spinning. leaf-bare's claws sunk into her lungs as each breath out was met with snot, her wet nose feeling even colder as the wind whipped around them. she knew once she returned to camp, sunsong wouldn't let her hear the end of it. she smiled at the thought of the golden medicine cat hurrying around her den in an attempt to help her. fennel ushered her inside, where her pupils dilated to adjust to the sudden loss of light. the snow had been reflecting the sun outside, creating a scene of serene stillness that was almost like a dream.

the mouse-brown and white leader bowed her head in thanks to pablo for trusting her. she nudged over a sprig of coltsfoot towards the rogue, and felt fennel beam beside her- no doubt appreciative for lilystar's help. "just chew that to help your paw, i suppose, or we could apply it topically." she mewed softly, to not scare the flighty rogue. the three cats crowded together in the old badger's den allowed for warmth to slowly fill the room. outside, wind whipped past the entrance, but did not dare to enter, which the cats were grateful for. ( -1 coltsfoot )

after pablo was settled, his friend settling down next to him, lilystar bit into the fish she had found on the way. the snow had kept it fresh and crisp as she dug in, passing it between the three until they were full. quietly, she wondered what stories the two shared, though was polite enough to let the two enjoy their company. "starclan, protect these two on their journey... surely they are not done yet in their travels." her baby-blue eyes turned to the ceiling of the den, and she scrunched her nose at the old badger smell that floated faintly around her. ( -1 sm. fish )

coughing quietly, lilystar decided she, too, would need something to get rid of this sickness she had picked up. as fennel and pablo shared tongues, the she-cat quietly chewed on the three herbs she had on hand. the scent of the herbs permeated through, covering up the stale predator's stench and replacing it with a brighter, floral one. ( -2 holly berries, -1 wintergreen )

[ woohoo! i think this is the first time ive used herbs. exploring is so flavorful now compared to when it just began. i really appreciate all you do, writers! especially vivika for helping me navigate <3 ]

[ 482 words ]

-- cats on patrol
lilystar | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 20% | sick: y

-- custom predators / prey
n/a
-- level 2
experience: 154 / 300
-- items in inventory used
sm. fish | 2 FP | x1
holly berry | x2
wintergreen | x1
coltsfoot | x1
( striked already > )
-- active quests:
assissting fennel
-- opted in to death?
no
-- inventory
shrew | 2 FP | x1
mouse | 2 FP | x1
mouse | 2 FP | x1
mouse | 2 FP | x1
sm. fish | 2 FP | x1
sm. fish | 2 FP | x1

juniper berry | bellyache | x3
holly berry | vomiting | x1
holly berry | vomiting | x2
rush | broken bones | x1
nightshade | poison | x1
wintergreen | helps wounds | x1
willowbark | eases pain | x1
ragwort leaves | ache/strength | x1
stick | brace | x1
coltsfoot | coughs/pads | x1
coltsfoot | coughs/pads | x1
chamomile | strength/soothes | x1
tormentil | helps poison | x2
stinging nettle | expulsion/wounds | x1
burnet | vitamins | x1
goldenrod | heals wounds | x1
chickweed | greencough | x2
borage leaves | nursing/fevers | x1
feverfew | helps fevers | x1
suds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0310.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:12 am

THE ELYSIAN FIELDS !!
    xxxxxartmajor clan archive user's last post

It was done.

In a muddled swish of color, the crowds ebbed and flowed, some departing and others lingering as reality settled like a storm upon them. But not all storms should be twisted as an evil. No, for this storm was good ━ it was necessary. As essential as autumn rains for the reapings of a bountiful harvest.

His paws met the grounds, the frigid steel of the podium a distant, dwindling memory. Now, only the hum of the systems greeted him, a constant buzz punctuated by the occasional swish of careful paws gliding upon screens. however, this time the rhythm seemed… different. It lingered with a pause that stretched longer. Longer than usual.

“Codex?” He cleared his throat, a brow arched. “Did you get all that?”

Her dark curls bobbed as a light cough racked her chest. Evergreen eyes flickered, a touch glassy and unfocused, before her chin set and focus clouded her vision. “Pardon me, sir. And yes, I-”

The strength of her voice faded into a cacophony of coughs, slowly stilling as she drew deep breaths. (codex is ill </3 see below for healing options!)

His tail twitched and curled closer to himself, but he managed a polite dip of his head. “I see. Well then, I’ll leave you to it and let you deal with… your situation.”

“My apologies, I just-” She tugged a steadying breath in. “I should inform you that the systems are picking up some unrest along the Jurat and Empas border. We can’t ID anyone at this time, so we’re uncertain if the trouble is from either side or just some factionless outsider.” Her gaze lifted. “That said, it doesn’t seem that anyone has crossed the borders or initiated anything.” (non-trespassing border skirmish detected!)

There seems to be some unrest along one of the borders amongst some unidentified individuals! No trespassing or conflict has unfolded ─ does the patrol investigate the matter or let it go since it doesn't appear v disruptive?

Codex also has a cough! </3 Choose one herb from this list to heal her: catchweed, catmint, poppy seeds or sorrel!

• all patrollers gained +10% hunger
      • codex is sick </3

• +160xp for writing, +20xp for patrol sent
      ⊰ findings ⊱
      • + no prey & no herbs
        rng really said no today </3

⊰ level totals ⊱
      • +180xp → level 5 (620/650xp)*

notes; more elysium lore!! 👀👀👀 genuinely v excited to see how this all pans out,, love the dynamics c: aaand whenever you have a second, make sure to update your clan archive! it seems to be linking to your personal th right now ^^

* i've also fixed some xp/levelling shenanigans (with the last writer) in case you're curious/notice the funky math <3
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ArtMajor » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:17 am

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐥𝐝𝐬.
842 words
❝ ♥ ❞ opt in y / n
lv 5 | 620/650 exp

cr.
──── • ────

xxxImage
cats on patrol !
ravage ! ; she/her
hp 90% | hup 0% | sick: n
komodo ! ; he/him
hp 90% | hup 0% | sick: n
[url]name[/url] ! ; prn/prn

x

────────────────────────
active quest(s);
n / a !

last explore | last response
|
inventory;
prey:
[1FP]x2 bugs,x4 scrap[2FP] x0 small fish,
x2 shrew [3FP] x2 frog [4FP] x1 rabbit,
x1 owl, x0 bird [5FP] x2 vulture

herbs:
x1 alder bark
x2 bindweed, x1 blackberry leaf,
x2 burnet x0 catchweed, x2 cobweb
x2 coltsfoot, x1 comfrey root
x2 dandelion, x1 daisy leaf,
x1 deathberries x2 fennel,
x1 goldenrod, x2 horsetail,
x1 lavender, x1 lovage,
x1 mallow leaves,
x1 mint, x1 ragwort
x1 stinging nettle, x2 thyme,
x1 tormentil x1 watermint
x1 yarrow
⬙﹒﹪̣     ⪩⪨ ﹒ ✦

[ the city of elysium ]
Igneon sighed, flicking his tail. “Understood. I’ll inform the nearest Barracks,
meanwhile, you check in with the Cloverleafs before proceeding. If its serious,
go home and pass on the to do list to Achatin.”

Codex dipped her head, and padded out of the room. Making her way downstairs,
she paused before the Cloverleaf room at an info-panel. Pressing her paw-pad to the scanners, she flicked through the reports. All Champions had successfully been gathered and were on their way into the Training Center. With all luck, she would be in and out and ready to meet with the trainers and interviewers by the time the ten cats were all settled in.

​──────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Ivy followed the guide leading her into the building with trembling whiskers. Her guide- a mud-scented Valor soldier- lifted his tail as the concrete gave way to soft carpeting. “Please wait here until your Trainers arrive.”

Ivy’s claws curled into the carpet, snagging on the long strands of fake fur. She opened her mouth to scent the room, recognizing most of the factions presence, as well as the slightly off stink that marked the two Factionless as having already arrived.

As she stood in the room, Ivy lifted a paw to her bandanna, and tugged lightly on the green fabric. The implant in her ear pulsed, and then a robotic whisper started up, describing the room and the locations of its inhabitants to her. Making her way to an unoccupied seat, Ivy took a long breath, then fidgeted with the cloth. “My name is Ivy” she said quietly. “I didn’t recognize most of your names, I’m sorry. Would you be able to introduce yourselves? So I can match scent with voice and name?”

A small spike of surprise scent, most of these cats did not know her either. They would have had no way of knowing that the fog across her pale blue eyes was true blindness, and not some result of the radiated air that blanketed the planet. Until now of course. She was sure that the two Factionless would be marking her as an easy target. The Valor too probably. They were the ones prepared for fighting after all, the ones who usually won.

The last time there had been a Curan victor….Ivy couldn’t even remember. Before she was born she was sure.

Light pawsteps approached her, and the scent of fresh mint wafted across Ivy as the voice of her fellow Curan Champion spoke. “I’m Witheredleaf” the young Trainee whispered. His voice still light with kithood. Ivy smiled sadly. If she was the easiest target in this years Game, then Witheredleaf was sure to be second. She stretched out one paw, waiting a few moments for his own to brush against hers.

Keeping her voice low, Ivy brushed her nose against the top of Witheredleaf’s head. “May the stars keep you safe young one, and may our souls fly free to join them when all is said and done.”

​──────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Don’t get attached.

That was Ravage’s biggest rule when it came to the Privates.

Don’t get attached until after they turn 21. Until it’s safe to get to know them.

As she pushed her way out of hers and Komodo’s nest in the Barracks, Ravage’s tail lashed furiously and unshed tears watered in the corners of her eyes.

Spear was unknown to her, that was fine. A Trainee assigned on the other side of the city. She could watch her fight without any unwanted emotion.

But Cobra was one of her own. A little spitfire of a Private who had wormed his way into Ravage’s heart. She even had planned to take him out on Patrol come the morning after, to bring him by her favorite piercing studio to celebrate his upcoming promotion into Sargent.

But Sargent Cobra was not a name she would call out come this afternoon’s ceremony. Because of all the Privates in Valor, the name drawn had been the one she had grown attached to.

Komodo brushed against her lightly, resting his tail on her shoulder as he tilted his head Are you alright? he signed.

Ravage forced out a harsh breath of air. “I’ll be fine.” she said, flicking one ear. “I’m just…preparing for later. Do you have the full list of names for me?” There were sixteen other Privates to think about, sixteen Privates who would be celebrating their last year of being entered into The Game, and sixteen Privates who would be learning who would be Mated to who.

Komodo glanced at her worriedly, but before he could answer a harsh ringing noise sounded in the room.

Thankful for the distraction, Ravage picked up speed and made her way to the computer room, pressing her paw-pad to the scanner to be let in and see the report.

“Internal conflict, Jurat-Empas boundary. I’m going to investigate”

I’m coming with you Komodo signed sternly, looking at his mate with sharp gray eyes.

Ravage sighed, but smiled slightly, grateful for his support. “Alright, but let’s be quick. There’s…there’s a lot to do today.”
Ravage and Komodo go to investigate the internal conflict

items consumed:: x1 catchweed for Ivy
side notes:: most of that is there for continuing the story/lore bit, the main part in response to the writer post is the Ravage + Komodo section :D
artmajor ✧ she/her ✧ graphic design student

mainly here to stalk the art boards but I
may wander around the rest too, see you
if I see you

toyhou.se
ArtMajor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Echo Revna » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:09 am

Image Flutterfern ~ she/her ~ HP 100% ~ HUP 0% ~ Sick: No
Image Coalpelt ~ he/him ~ HP 100% ~ HUP 0% ~ Sick: No
Image Ivyfrost ~ she/they ~ HP 100% ~ HUP 0% ~ Sick: No

Flutterfern – Soft paws padding carefully along the creeks edge, careful not to disturb any of the dry leaves and give away her location. Abruptly stopping, Flutterfern turned her head slowly to the right, scanning the opposite bank for what had startled the brilliant red and orange birds that now perched at the top of an ancient pine tree much farther down the creek. Ears perked forward Flutterfern gently eased herself behind a bush, hesitant to face the potential threat head on alone. Nervously she crouched down to make herself as small as possible, she would fly up to the tree tops for a better look and for safety, but that could easily attract too much attention. A few moments later, a large light golden brown buck stepped out for a drink. Flutterfern huffed, really, the birds really got scared of a deer. She stayed still a while longer, watching the buck as he gracefully bounded away a while later, before slowly rising and continued her trek back to the den.
Coalpelt – Laying next to his crystal, Coalpelt sniffing at it annoyed, he batted at it hard. The comfort it gave off unsettled him, made him wonder if this could actually be home, gave him hope. He hated hope, it was always bashed. He glanced up as Flutterfern slipped in the cave entrance. She was sweet, very timid, and had only spoken a few words to him in the time he had been here, but she was interesting. He hesitated to talk to her, what on earth would they talk about? He turned back to his crystal, they were both shy, though he wasn’t as much shy as just antisocial in general. “Why are you glaring at your crystal?” Flutterfern murmured as she snuggled up to hers. He turned to her sharply, shocked and slightly intimidated by the fact that she had spoken first, “uh, I was just thinking.” She nodded and cocked her head to the side. He waited a few beats before opening his mouth again, “why does everyone seem to love their crystal so much? Especially Mistfeather?” Flutterfern blinked at him, “You don’t?” He shrugged looking away. “Mistfeather was extremely close to her human, and her crystal smells just like her human did, with a hint of lilac thrown in. Mine smells like books, in my past life I was a library cat. Rainspirit’s smells like rain and Ivyfrost’s hasn’t yet told me what hers smells like. But each of us is connected to our crystal in some way.” She paused a moment, “What does yours smell like?” He frowned, “Warmth, didn’t even know that was a smell.”
Ivyfrost – Ivyfrost gingerly side stepped the mud in the path as she carried her finds back toward the den. As she rounded the corner she almost ran into Mistfeather and Rainspirit. She bowed her head at the slightly, unsure what to say, she sometimes wondered if there was something going on between the two, but had been told by Flutterfern that they were just bestfriends. “Did you find what we needed Ivyfrost?” Mistfeather asked. “Sort of…” Ivyfrost responded, “I’m still looking for a few things.” Mistfeather nodded, “Alrighty,” she turned to Rainspirit, “You think your sister is settled in enough to help her look?” Rainspirit shrugged, “probably, I’ll ask her later.” Mistfeather glanced back at Ivyfrost, “Do you need help taking that stuff back or you good?” “I’m good, but thanks!” Mistfeather’s ears twitched at some soft rustling further up the train, nodded quickly at Ivyfrost and motioned for Rainspirit to follow her. Ivyfrost watched the rush off up the trail to investigate, then shrugged and turned back toward the den.

Image 608 words Image

Level 1
16/200
n/a

none

2x | small rodent | 1FP
1x | small bird | 2FP
1x | bass | 3FP
1x | stick
1x | foxglove seed
1x | coltsfoot
1x | lungwort
1x | wintergreen
1x | rush
No
Echo Revna

♕ ⊱── 02. [july explore replies] ! )

Postby faelyn » Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:24 am

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
Imagexxcloverclan!
─────────────── ✧

original level stats ✧ level 2 (116/300)
new level stats ➔ level 2 (168/300) --
----------------------------------------------
• • • • x 10% hunger for the patrol
────────────────┘
    the dewy caress of daylight had unfurled like a lily upon periwinkle waters, shimmery and golden as ever as flakes of ivory descended from above.

“hello?” a mere squeak in the hush. the shivering thud of a limping stranger bloomed in the morning and its glimmering essence. “hi. i’m sure fennel has told you who i am but i suppose we should have a proper introduction.” his nervous smile was like a wisp upon his features-- forever fleeting and faltering. “i am pablo and i would like to thank you for your help.”

the limping stranger cleared his throat and for the first time… the haunted gloom in those eyes -reminiscent of flora and fauna- had wilted, replaced with something lovely and serene. the scars upon his features that had once been like scrawled bits left behind by a charcoal pencil, now seemed like an piece of art. art full and brimming with shades of ebony and ash, as if telling a story overflowing with ups and downs, fairytales and nightmares. nuanced.

“i don’t have much but i do have some food if you’d like.” he cleared his throat, the floral golds and verdant greens of his eyes set alight by the daylight. “but i promise i’ll be back to properly repay you.”
    (+1fp [bugs], +1exp )

and as the mere squeak of pablo’s voice dwindled into a familiar hush, a voice of honeycomb and sweet drawls was breathed to life. the voice of fennel. “as will i, my dear. pablo and i are off to discover new lands. who knows? maybe we’ll find somethin’ special for ya.”
    (+15exp from npc quest completed, )

and in a whirlwind of stardust and marigold petals, the duo was gone. the soft duet of their honeycomb and squeaky voices were whisked away, leaving behind a single four-leaf clover.
    (+1 boon of fertility, +1exp)

“not feeling so well, aren’t you?” a snarl fathomed of velvet and nightskies unravelled beneath the morning skies, revealing a soul whose curls were of ivory and upon her head, sat a crown of antlers. “you’re looking a little… well-- green.”
    (lilystar has encountered a rogue! the rogue is not crossing the border but does lilystar confront or ignore her? additionally, it seems lilystar is feeling a little nauseous and sick once again. she needs one of the following herbs: fennel, hawkweed, tansy or bright eye. without these herbs, she will lose -10% hp every patrol she goes on! )
✧ 025 exp
✧ 010 exp
✧ 015 exp
✧ 000 exp
✧ 052 exp
writing exp
patrol exp
event exp
added exp
total exp
✧ 001 exp